Bad Batch S1:E3 Chat (SPOILERS)

13Next

Replies

• I hope you don’t need bad batch and the other 4 (inferno squad was it?) for a Malak-style event where each side gets you 165 shards
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I hope you don’t need bad batch and the other 4 (inferno squad was it?) for a Malak-style event where each side gets you 165 shards

I would be ok with that.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Omega's accent is New Zealand.

The show is off to a bit of a slow start, but that happened with CW and Rebels as well. Sure, the backstory for BB is kind of already set up, but I think what's taking time is laying the groundwork for what's to come. I think this show is not too worried about the Clone Wars/past. I think the hook for this one is a) what is Omega and what is she capable of, and; b) the story of the Empire vs Clone armies.

The word Omega translates to "last" and also refers to "the ultimate limit of a set" which is very foretelling.

Wrecker's "headache" has me worried that his chip might make him do some things he doesn't want to. There's also a lot of foreshadowing that Crosshair might be redeemable. I can't tell if that's red herring info at this point or a sign of what will actually happen.

I have faith in Filoni.

I'd prefer a show that maybe didn't include a little kid getting in the way of the Bad Batch, but Disney usually reqs something like that in their shows.

Overall, I'm pretty sure by the end of it Omega will be quite the powerhouse. Whether her story arc is equally powerful will probably be the biggest factor in determining how good this show can be.

My bet is crosshairs redeems via saving omega at the cost of his own life.

Either way.. adding him as a character?

Wrecker will turn and tech's fix will cure him setting off the lets cure crosshairs part of the show
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    ShaggyB wrote: »

The show is off to a bit of a slow start, but that happened with CW and Rebels as well. Sure, the backstory for BB is kind of already set up, but I think what's taking time is laying the groundwork for what's to come. I think this show is not too worried about the Clone Wars/past. I think the hook for this one is a) what is Omega and what is she capable of, and; b) the story of the Empire vs Clone armies.

The word Omega translates to "last" and also refers to "the ultimate limit of a set" which is very foretelling.

Wrecker's "headache" has me worried that his chip might make him do some things he doesn't want to. There's also a lot of foreshadowing that Crosshair might be redeemable. I can't tell if that's red herring info at this point or a sign of what will actually happen.

I have faith in Filoni.

I'd prefer a show that maybe didn't include a little kid getting in the way of the Bad Batch, but Disney usually reqs something like that in their shows.

Overall, I'm pretty sure by the end of it Omega will be quite the powerhouse. Whether her story arc is equally powerful will probably be the biggest factor in determining how good this show can be.

Wrecker will turn and tech's fix will cure him setting off the lets cure crosshairs part of the show

If I had to guess, I actually see Omega "curing" Wrecker, if it goes that way. That would also lead into Omega trying to save Crosshair and then possibly playing out how you said.

Curable, but it cant be as "easy" as a piece of tech or they could start clearing out the regs too.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

I have faith in Filoni.

If I had to guess, I actually see Omega "curing" Wrecker, if it goes that way. That would also lead into Omega trying to save Crosshair and then possibly playing out how you said.

Curable, but it cant be as "easy" as a piece of tech or they could start clearing out the regs too.

While i can see it going that way. Kamino peeps can turn up the chip with a cat scan... they can probably disable just as easily with the same cat scan.

But either way works.

Wrecker has to be the one who turns... as the strong man... hes the one thats the most trouble to deal with if he turned, so thats a dead give away.

Or he just has a headache. Lol

• Kyno wrote: »

I have faith in Filoni.

But Captain Rex in season 7 proves it is that easy. His chip activated and Snips removed it via medical droid and we all know Rex was fine after that. As for the regs, maybe that will play into why the empire went with conscripted soldiers over clones. Conscripts don't need to be programmed.

I have faith in Filoni.

What do you mean by "curing" him? Sorry if this is obvious.

I have faith in Filoni.

Removing the inhibitor chip will "cure" the clones from their obedience.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I have faith in Filoni.

But Captain Rex in season 7 proves it is that easy. His chip activated and Snips removed it via medical droid and we all know Rex was fine after that. As for the regs, maybe that will play into why the empire went with conscripted soldiers over clones. Conscripts don't need to be programmed.

Needing a facility and medical machines is much easier than the simple tech we see Tech messing with on the show, especially seeing as his device didnt seem to be removing anything from body just interacting with the device. That is the difference I see of it being "too easy" that way, but ya never know.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I have faith in Filoni.

The speculation being discussed is suggesting he may "turn" and would need to be "cured" from the chip/order 66.

I have faith in Filoni.

Needing a facility and medical machines is much easier than the simple tech we see Tech messing with on the show, especially seeing as his device didnt seem to be removing anything from body just interacting with the device. That is the difference I see of it being "too easy" that way, but ya never know.

What Tech is working on could be just a scanner, but he also is intelligent and may find a way to permanently disable the chip without removing it. Also the Kaminoans are a wild card at this point, so there is a couple avenues in which Crosshair is returned to the fold. I can't wait to see if we get a journey for Crosshair like Beskar Mando. Would be a fun event, imho.
  • LordDirt
    4986 posts Member
    Figure they will be able to make the chips not work and that is what makes the Empire go away from clones. Might be an Order 66 type event that has all the clones die at once with a push of a button.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Assuming you watched the recent Bad Batch episode, they crashed on a planet, Wrecker hit his head, made a big deal out of it, and basically all that stuff happened with Omega and Hunter with the beast thing. But this theory is about Wrecker. So when they crashed, Wrecker hit his head and was making a huge deal about it, saying it hurt about every 5 seconds. I have a feeling that when he hit his head, he knocked his inhibitor chip. And assuming this goes along how I think it will, they’re going to soon meet with Rex. And if you remember to season 7 of TCW when order 66 was issued, Rex was obviously trying to fight against his inhibitor chip, but couldn’t until it was removed. So when they meet, Rex is going to see Wrecker complaining about his head, and be like “there’s something wrong with your boy.” And there’s 2 things I think we’ll see, Rex helping them with Wrecker, and/or a dark side Wrecker, which would be super badass.
  • Potato211
    473 posts Member
    You people are making such a big deal of Wrecker getting a boo-boo on his head after slamming it against a metal bar. You would be complaining about the pain too if you were to hit your head the same way as he did.
  • Sebek wrote: »
    Potato211 wrote: »
    You people are making such a big deal of Wrecker getting a boo-boo on his head after slamming it against a metal bar. You would be complaining about the pain too if you were to hit your head the same way as he did.

Exactly!

But it’s Wrecker 🤦‍♂️
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Sebek wrote: »
    Sebek wrote: »

Exactly!

But it’s Wrecker 🤦‍♂️

i don't care who you are, when you get hit in the head hard, it's gonna hurt

Well Wrecker can withstand much more, can’t he?

U should care who he is
  • Potato211
    473 posts Member

Exactly!

But it’s Wrecker 🤦‍♂️

i don't care who you are, when you get hit in the head hard, it's gonna hurt

Well Wrecker can withstand much more, can’t he?

U should care who he is

Getting punched on your armor or SHOT with your armor on isn't the same as slamming your head against a metal bar as hard as he did. Why is this so hard to grasp?
  • Well he hit exactly where the inhibitor chip is. Coincidence, I think not
  • Potato211
    473 posts Member
    Okay this is useless. Keep the tin foil
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Okay this is useless. Keep the tin foil

Except this is animation - literally nothing happens on the screen that isn't 100% intentional.
  • Wrecker getting an ouchie could mean something, but then again it could be for comic relief. He seems to be written off as a dolt. Time will tell of this is a red herring or not though. Like it was stated before, everything is intentional. Figuring out what that intention is, that is the mystery at this point.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Wrecker getting an ouchie could mean something, but then again it could be for comic relief. He seems to be written off as a dolt. Time will tell of this is a red herring or not though. Like it was stated before, everything is intentional. Figuring out what that intention is, that is the mystery at this point.

For now, it seems to be nothing. But the coming episodes may say what the intention is...
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Xcien wrote: »
    Wrecker getting an ouchie could mean something, but then again it could be for comic relief. He seems to be written off as a dolt. Time will tell of this is a red herring or not though. Like it was stated before, everything is intentional. Figuring out what that intention is, that is the mystery at this point.

For now, it seems to be nothing. But the coming episodes may say what the intention is...

Perhaps. I'm hoping it starts to pick up soon. lol.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Xcien wrote: »

Perhaps. I'm hoping it starts to pick up soon. lol.

Same.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.