"Special damage"?

Qeltar
4326 posts Member
What exactly does this mean? The damage shows in blue which implies it affects the blue turn bar, except it doesn't seem to actually do so.

Thanks.
Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

Replies

• There's only 2 damage types in this game, physical and special. Special has the blue text.

Basically it means there are different stats for each type to increase attacking power and ability to defend. It's pseudo complexity and probably a carry over from their other Dragon Age game. Someone who has played that game feel free to correct me.
  • Trilbo wrote: »
    There's only 2 damage types in this game, physical and special. Special has the blue text.

Basically it means there are different stats for each type to increase attacking power and ability to defend. It's pseudo complexity and probably a carry over from their other Dragon Age game. Someone who has played that game feel free to correct me.

No, there's no "special damage" in Heroes of Dragon Age. Damage is damage is damage.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Thanks for the clarification.
  • I thought blue damage meant that your attack bar goes down so your attack chance goes down for that character?
  • Special in this game is essentially magic from other games. I believe blue special damage isn't reduced by defence, but by resistance, and in turn, white physical damage isn't negated by resistance, but by defence.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    On this note, why do characters without special damage like Chewbacca use gear that gives a spec damage bonus? It's a waste of the slot, and the equipment.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Hello wrote: »
    I thought blue damage meant that your attack bar goes down so your attack chance goes down for that character?

Nope, the only time an attack will potentially reduce attack timer bar is if the skill specifically says it has a chance to do so. Like Grand Moff Tarkin's Ultimate Firepower (level 3) skill or Chewbacca's Bowcaster (level 3).
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Thanks.

They should have called it "Force damage" or something, wouldn't that have seemed obvious? :)
This discussion has been closed.