How about a PC/Steam Version of the Game??

BumbleB
22 posts Member

Replies

• TVF
    36569 posts Member
    why
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • BumbleB
    22 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    that you can play it also on PC??
    without a android emulator
  • You can use BlueStacks and play it on your PC
  • TVF
    36569 posts Member
    BumbleB wrote: »

why
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • BumbleB
    22 posts Member
    tried bluestacks... after a week or so the engine doesn't start... uninstalled it...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    tried bluestacks... after a week or so the engine doesn't start... uninstalled it...

Blue stacks always had issues for me. I switched to Nox when I need to use one and have not looked back. But I do use it few and far between.
  • Windows 11, unless I've been misinformed, is going to have native Android app compatibility, so you'll be able to play SWGOH on Windows in October
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    You can use BlueStacks and play it on your PC

This is what I do when I want to actually be able to read text. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • BumbleB
    22 posts Member
    Windows 11, unless I've been misinformed, is going to have native Android app compatibility, so you'll be able to play SWGOH on Windows in October

but it only has the Amazon App store...
  • The biggest argument for an official PC version would be stabilization and performance. It would give the developers different opportunities, if having one version for PC and one for mobile devices. Emulators are good but the problem is that they are not officially supported if something doesn't work anymore.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    The biggest argument for an official PC version would be stabilization and performance. It would give the developers different opportunities, if having one version for PC and one for mobile devices. Emulators are good but the problem is that they are not officially supported if something doesn't work anymore.

Most, if not all developers would prefer to have less versions of one program, not more. Also, having 2 versions instead of 1, usually doubles the risk of things going wrong, and doesn't usually improve the odds against things going wrong.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    The biggest argument for an official PC version would be stabilization and performance. It would give the developers different opportunities, if having one version for PC and one for mobile devices. Emulators are good but the problem is that they are not officially supported if something doesn't work anymore.

Most, if not all developers would prefer to have less versions of one program, not more. Also, having 2 versions instead of 1, usually doubles the risk of things going wrong, and doesn't usually improve the odds against things going wrong.

good point
  • TVF wrote: »

why

because androids emulators have bad performance even with a high-end PC
  • It's a shame they can't put it on amazon store. Why? Because Windows 11 will be able to run android apps natively but will not include Google play only amazon store.
  • is swgoh in windows 11 available??
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    is swgoh in windows 11 available??

No, I do not believe so.