Mod removal cost and mod UI

Replies

  • TVF
    29951 posts Member
    I will say you might want to start farming more mods though. Which again, takes zero credits.

    Then you can make smart decisions on which to level up with your limited credits. Which again, is one of the things people are supposed to manage and decide on.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • SierexFenix
    20 posts Member
    edited May 18
    While farming mods doesn't cost credits, it does cost crystals. I farm mod mats, as my mod inventory is already over 1200 pieces. There's plenty in there still capable of upgrades to increase their viability. I don't spend crystals on mod refreshes because I spend them on gear farms. Mods aren't going to get me more GLs.

    As far a what YOU are doing wrong, nothing... you have 3 GLs. The galactic challenge isn't a challenge for you, you could run your gl through with no mods if you wanted. Thumbs up bro. Same for your arena climb. You likely have a counter for whatever gl you find on your climb to make up for less than perfect mods... here's your pat on the back.

    You do realize not everyone is in your tier? You do remember life before GLs? There is a mod loadout screen because the devs realized the necessity to swap mods. If you're not using it, you're likely not using as intended since it's intention was to be used.
  • TVF wrote: »
    To clarify I asked for OPs gg and I'm 6.3m with 3 GLs and still haven't heard what I'm supposedly doing wrong.

    Some would argue sitting on 150M+ credits suggests you aren’t hawking the store for good mods often enough. I probably find myself in that camp to some degree, but I also understand why some choose to hoard to varying degrees. I have only been playing for 15mo. So about half the time mods have been around. I did whale a bit for ~4mo to get to the top of arenas early when I started and have since been mostly FTP and kept a very tight roster. But even so it seems I have been playing mod and zeta catch-up eternally. Even with that, I do feel my mods are getting to where I feel competitive. Just wish I could play around with my mods more without being what feels like “punished” from the UI and credit perspective — as even @Kyno recognizes, it is very painful. Not sure why either of those thoughts seem to be so controversial.

    Roast away boys and girls, always open to constructive criticism in the ole roster and mods:

    https://swgoh.gg/p/453377134/
  • TVF wrote: »
    I will say you might want to start farming more mods though. Which again, takes zero credits.

    Then you can make smart decisions on which to level up with your limited credits. Which again, is one of the things people are supposed to manage and decide on.

    I think the key to getting good mods is based on probability. The more rolls you put through, the more likely you are to get good mods. Being efficient in where you choose to roll the dice certainly should be incorporated — don’t roll the dice on a piece of garbage, I agree. But that wasn’t really my point. I feel like you made this thread more about resource management when in reality I simply feel like charging credits to swap mods stunts the fun/creativity in the game and the mod UI is too unfriendly. My opinion is a synchronous change of both would overall enhance the user experience and keep players around longer.
  • hq39ohtlgell.jpeg

    @SierexFenix (you right, me left) you are welcome to ignore my advice, but I recommend you start farming mods instead of slicing materials. Your mod depth is very thin. If you even spent 2 Crystal refreshes on mods a day you’d boost those numbers much much quicker than you will farming slicing materials.

    e0xvaagzpgds.jpeg

    @WhosTheBossk83 your mods don’t attract any criticism from me.
  • SierexFenix
    20 posts Member
    edited May 18
    Why do we pay for mod swaps? I forget, was that answered anywhere? Or did we skip around that?
  • Why do we pay for mod swaps? I forget, was that answered anywhere? Or did we skip around that?

    Yes @DarjeloSalas, @Kyno, @TVF this is what I want to get at. Please think about it. Why does CG charge those credits? Is it accomplishing their intended goal? Is there a better way? It would be something to consider getting rid of or changing when the mod UI is (I assume) eventually updated.
  • Isn’t it obvious? It’s a preventative measure to ensure people can’t get by unpenalised with a sub standard mod collection.

    Could it cost less? Maybe. I’ve never swapped to the extent that I’ve run short of credits so I’ve never given it much thought.
  • Kyno
    30473 posts Moderator
    Why do we pay for mod swaps? I forget, was that answered anywhere? Or did we skip around that?

    Yes DarjeloSalas, Kyno, TVF this is what I want to get at. Please think about it. Why does CG charge those credits? Is it accomplishing their intended goal? Is there a better way? It would be something to consider getting rid of or changing when the mod UI is (I assume) eventually updated.

    they have stated it was done this way because mods were seen as something you should farm and not "just swap". is this meeting the goal? IDK, but it seems that players who are farming more mods rather than trying to rely on smaller sets and swapping them, have more resources at their disposal to do other things and are not worried about credits.

    so in the interest of the goal, it seems that a prudent balance between farming and swapping pushed towards the farming side seems to be the best player outcome.
  • Isn’t it obvious? It’s a preventative measure to ensure people can’t get by unpenalised with a sub standard mod collection.

    Could it cost less? Maybe. I’ve never swapped to the extent that I’ve run short of credits so I’ve never given it much thought.

    Hmmm... that seems counter productive.
  • Kyno
    30473 posts Moderator
    Isn’t it obvious? It’s a preventative measure to ensure people can’t get by unpenalised with a sub standard mod collection.

    Could it cost less? Maybe. I’ve never swapped to the extent that I’ve run short of credits so I’ve never given it much thought.

    Hmmm... that seems counter productive.

    not at all. the "name of the game" is moving forward and developing. any choices that have you stagnating are going to cost you in some way.
  • hq39ohtlgell.jpeg

    @SierexFenix (you right, me left) you are welcome to ignore my advice, but I recommend you start farming mods instead of slicing materials. Your mod depth is very thin. If you even spent 2 Crystal refreshes on mods a day you’d boost those numbers much much quicker than you will farming slicing materials.

    e0xvaagzpgds.jpeg

    @WhosTheBossk83 your mods don’t attract any criticism from me.

    I get that S is speed, and yes, I definitely need to weed out my garbage mods. I've been more focused on upgrading what I have to reach the higher speed target than farming more.

    But O is offense though, right? How is that measured? 150+ what?
  • Kyno
    30473 posts Moderator
    hq39ohtlgell.jpeg

    @SierexFenix (you right, me left) you are welcome to ignore my advice, but I recommend you start farming mods instead of slicing materials. Your mod depth is very thin. If you even spent 2 Crystal refreshes on mods a day you’d boost those numbers much much quicker than you will farming slicing materials.

    e0xvaagzpgds.jpeg

    @WhosTheBossk83 your mods don’t attract any criticism from me.

    I get that S is speed, and yes, I definitely need to weed out my garbage mods. I've been more focused on upgrading what I have to reach the higher speed target than farming more.

    But O is offense though, right? How is that measured? 150+ what?

    Flat offense, 150 or more offense as a mod secondary.

    The best way to get higher speed mods is to farm more, always.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    hq39ohtlgell.jpeg

    @SierexFenix (you right, me left) you are welcome to ignore my advice, but I recommend you start farming mods instead of slicing materials. Your mod depth is very thin. If you even spent 2 Crystal refreshes on mods a day you’d boost those numbers much much quicker than you will farming slicing materials.

    e0xvaagzpgds.jpeg

    @WhosTheBossk83 your mods don’t attract any criticism from me.

    I get that S is speed, and yes, I definitely need to weed out my garbage mods. I've been more focused on upgrading what I have to reach the higher speed target than farming more.

    But O is offense though, right? How is that measured? 150+ what?

    Flat offense, 150 or more offense as a mod secondary.

    The best way to get higher speed mods is to farm more, always.

    OK, sidebar... isn't offense percentage more viable than flat offense, especially at higher levels?
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Isn’t it obvious? It’s a preventative measure to ensure people can’t get by unpenalised with a sub standard mod collection.

    Could it cost less? Maybe. I’ve never swapped to the extent that I’ve run short of credits so I’ve never given it much thought.

    Hmmm... that seems counter productive.

    not at all. the "name of the game" is moving forward and developing. any choices that have you stagnating are going to cost you in some way.

    I disagree there. I think CG should open this up and let us use our mods how we want. You need good mods on ~80-90 toons to play a meaningful GAC and TW, but the opportunity to easily swap mods and be creative in these areas is missing because of the credit charge and UI. Not sure why it has to keep coming down to choices within the current paradigm in this conversation. Part of moving forward and developing is on CG as well. I am suggesting changing that paradigm for an overall improvement in gaming experience.
  • Kyno
    30473 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    hq39ohtlgell.jpeg

    @SierexFenix (you right, me left) you are welcome to ignore my advice, but I recommend you start farming mods instead of slicing materials. Your mod depth is very thin. If you even spent 2 Crystal refreshes on mods a day you’d boost those numbers much much quicker than you will farming slicing materials.

    e0xvaagzpgds.jpeg

    WhosTheBossk83 your mods don’t attract any criticism from me.

    I get that S is speed, and yes, I definitely need to weed out my garbage mods. I've been more focused on upgrading what I have to reach the higher speed target than farming more.

    But O is offense though, right? How is that measured? 150+ what?

    Flat offense, 150 or more offense as a mod secondary.

    The best way to get higher speed mods is to farm more, always.

    OK, sidebar... isn't offense percentage more viable than flat offense, especially at higher levels?

    with 5 hits on % O, a mod will be at or below 10% (not sure on the max, but my highest is 7% so maybe the max is 10%). so in our current climate the combination of toon and mod are not likely to break 150, and the ones getting up there are going to be very few. that would make a 150+ O secondary better in most, if not all cases.
  • Also, another sidebar. This question is specifically for @TVF @Kyno and @DarjeloSalas ...

    Considering that the three of you have at least 2 GLs, have no need to swap mods, even for LSGeoTB, GAC, GC, Arena, etc. And that credits are of no object to you in the game. Would you consider yourselves to be operating in a higher tier of the game than those that may have one or no GLs or may rely more on mod placement for progress because of their less advanced rosters? Personally I would consider myself operating at a higher tier than someone with less than one GL because I have at least one. Or because I can enter hard mode of conquest when someone may not have the GP to even attempt hard mode.

    I ask because it's apparent to me that the higher the tier we become in the game, the less certain aspects of the game affect us as they did before we evolved. The difference between a 3 mill roster and a 5 mill is significant and things that may have bothered us at a lesser gp, no longer do... but we shouldn't have forgotten these things along the way just because they don't affect us anymore.
  • TVF
    29951 posts Member
    Considering that the three of you have at least 2 GLs, have no need to swap mods, even for LSGeoTB, GAC, GC, Arena, etc.

    Where did I say that?

    I swap mods for *every* LSTB battle, for Crancor, and for arena (back and forth between JML and SLKR daily). I just think you aren't managing your credits correctly if you're running out.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    hq39ohtlgell.jpeg

    @SierexFenix (you right, me left) you are welcome to ignore my advice, but I recommend you start farming mods instead of slicing materials. Your mod depth is very thin. If you even spent 2 Crystal refreshes on mods a day you’d boost those numbers much much quicker than you will farming slicing materials.

    e0xvaagzpgds.jpeg

    WhosTheBossk83 your mods don’t attract any criticism from me.

    I get that S is speed, and yes, I definitely need to weed out my garbage mods. I've been more focused on upgrading what I have to reach the higher speed target than farming more.

    But O is offense though, right? How is that measured? 150+ what?

    Flat offense, 150 or more offense as a mod secondary.

    The best way to get higher speed mods is to farm more, always.

    OK, sidebar... isn't offense percentage more viable than flat offense, especially at higher levels?

    with 5 hits on % O, a mod will be at or below 10% (not sure on the max, but my highest is 7% so maybe the max is 10%). so in our current climate the combination of toon and mod are not likely to break 150, and the ones getting up there are going to be very few. that would make a 150+ O secondary better in most, if not all cases.

    I would take 5 hits on %O any day of the week over 5 hits on flat O for the simple fact that 6dot slicing increases on %O are 200%. Flat stats are best for non g12 toons. g12 and above you will get better stat boosts from % increases — a 7% secondary offense will boost dmg more than a flat offense at +200 without question.
  • TVF
    29951 posts Member
    Also my 3.1m alt uses the same 150m floor. My mods aren't nearly as good on that account, but it's a choice I make to not worry about them as much there.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • WhosTheBossk83
    29 posts Member
    edited May 18
    TVF wrote: »
    Considering that the three of you have at least 2 GLs, have no need to swap mods, even for LSGeoTB, GAC, GC, Arena, etc.

    Where did I say that?

    I swap mods for *every* LSTB battle, for Crancor, and for arena (back and forth between JML and SLKR daily). I just think you aren't managing your credits correctly if you're running out.

    My OP is still about changing the paradigm to free up the players in terms of creativity and fun. This included changes in mod UI and credit charges IMO.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Considering that the three of you have at least 2 GLs, have no need to swap mods, even for LSGeoTB, GAC, GC, Arena, etc.

    Where did I say that?

    I swap mods for *every* LSTB battle, for Crancor, and for arena (back and forth between JML and SLKR daily). I just think you aren't managing your credits correctly if you're running out.

    Oh, I never said I'm running out... and I operate a 100m floor... but I think spending what I'm spending in credits is just ridiculous.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Considering that the three of you have at least 2 GLs, have no need to swap mods, even for LSGeoTB, GAC, GC, Arena, etc.

    Where did I say that?

    I swap mods for *every* LSTB battle, for Crancor, and for arena (back and forth between JML and SLKR daily). I just think you aren't managing your credits correctly if you're running out.

    Oh, I never said I'm running out... and I operate a 100m floor... but I think spending what I'm spending in credits is just ridiculous.
    So farm more mods - problem solved!
  • TVF
    29951 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Considering that the three of you have at least 2 GLs, have no need to swap mods, even for LSGeoTB, GAC, GC, Arena, etc.

    Where did I say that?

    I swap mods for *every* LSTB battle, for Crancor, and for arena (back and forth between JML and SLKR daily). I just think you aren't managing your credits correctly if you're running out.

    Oh, I never said I'm running out... and I operate a 100m floor... but I think spending what I'm spending in credits is just ridiculous.

    So you miss out on a few mods from the store or some more leveled greys.

    If you're smart about your mods, and iirc yours are much better than OP's, you are better off. Because limited resources advantage those who know how to use them. It's a good thing!
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Considering that the three of you have at least 2 GLs, have no need to swap mods, even for LSGeoTB, GAC, GC, Arena, etc.

    Where did I say that?

    I swap mods for *every* LSTB battle, for Crancor, and for arena (back and forth between JML and SLKR daily). I just think you aren't managing your credits correctly if you're running out.

    Oh, I never said I'm running out... and I operate a 100m floor... but I think spending what I'm spending in credits is just ridiculous.
    So farm more mods - problem solved!

    Farming is a crystal problem... not a credit problem.
  • TVF
    29951 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Considering that the three of you have at least 2 GLs, have no need to swap mods, even for LSGeoTB, GAC, GC, Arena, etc.

    Where did I say that?

    I swap mods for *every* LSTB battle, for Crancor, and for arena (back and forth between JML and SLKR daily). I just think you aren't managing your credits correctly if you're running out.

    My OP is still about changing the paradigm to free up the players in terms of creativity and fun. This included changes in mod UI and credit charges IMO.

    Then save more credits for swapping mods and playing with mods, problem solved.

    Meanwhile I'll continue to use my credits for an advantage in better mods.

    We both get to play how we want. Everyone wins. Yay!
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Considering that the three of you have at least 2 GLs, have no need to swap mods, even for LSGeoTB, GAC, GC, Arena, etc.

    Where did I say that?

    I swap mods for *every* LSTB battle, for Crancor, and for arena (back and forth between JML and SLKR daily). I just think you aren't managing your credits correctly if you're running out.

    Oh, I never said I'm running out... and I operate a 100m floor... but I think spending what I'm spending in credits is just ridiculous.

    So you miss out on a few mods from the store or some more leveled greys.

    If you're smart about your mods, and iirc yours are much better than OP's, you are better off. Because limited resources advantage those who know how to use them. It's a good thing!

    OP was better, mine were lacking.
  • Kyno
    30473 posts Moderator
    Also, another sidebar. This question is specifically for TVF Kyno and DarjeloSalas ...

    Considering that the three of you have at least 2 GLs, have no need to swap mods, even for LSGeoTB, GAC, GC, Arena, etc. And that credits are of no object to you in the game. Would you consider yourselves to be operating in a higher tier of the game than those that may have one or no GLs or may rely more on mod placement for progress because of their less advanced rosters? Personally I would consider myself operating at a higher tier than someone with less than one GL because I have at least one. Or because I can enter hard mode of conquest when someone may not have the GP to even attempt hard mode.

    I ask because it's apparent to me that the higher the tier we become in the game, the less certain aspects of the game affect us as they did before we evolved. The difference between a 3 mill roster and a 5 mill is significant and things that may have bothered us at a lesser gp, no longer do... but we shouldn't have forgotten these things along the way just because they don't affect us anymore.

    I only spoke about swapping for PvE and making it in Arenas. I also mentioned swapping for Kam mission, which is LSGeo.

    nope, not on another level at all. we are all players here and many of us have grown through the changes they have made to see things like credits no longer being a problem.

    we are just trying to help you and other understand that there are times where you can create your own issues, and its not necessarily a game problem, as much as a management problem.

    Also, you can see that we have not forgotten that, as many of the posts here acknowledge that this is a early mid game problem, and its something you have to manage as you go through. Ideas around this and solutions have been suggested a few times in this very thread.
  • TVF
    29951 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Considering that the three of you have at least 2 GLs, have no need to swap mods, even for LSGeoTB, GAC, GC, Arena, etc.

    Where did I say that?

    I swap mods for *every* LSTB battle, for Crancor, and for arena (back and forth between JML and SLKR daily). I just think you aren't managing your credits correctly if you're running out.

    Oh, I never said I'm running out... and I operate a 100m floor... but I think spending what I'm spending in credits is just ridiculous.

    So you miss out on a few mods from the store or some more leveled greys.

    If you're smart about your mods, and iirc yours are much better than OP's, you are better off. Because limited resources advantage those who know how to use them. It's a good thing!

    OP was better, mine were lacking.

    Ok well flip my posts then lol.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Also, another sidebar. This question is specifically for TVF Kyno and DarjeloSalas ...

    Considering that the three of you have at least 2 GLs, have no need to swap mods, even for LSGeoTB, GAC, GC, Arena, etc. And that credits are of no object to you in the game. Would you consider yourselves to be operating in a higher tier of the game than those that may have one or no GLs or may rely more on mod placement for progress because of their less advanced rosters? Personally I would consider myself operating at a higher tier than someone with less than one GL because I have at least one. Or because I can enter hard mode of conquest when someone may not have the GP to even attempt hard mode.

    I ask because it's apparent to me that the higher the tier we become in the game, the less certain aspects of the game affect us as they did before we evolved. The difference between a 3 mill roster and a 5 mill is significant and things that may have bothered us at a lesser gp, no longer do... but we shouldn't have forgotten these things along the way just because they don't affect us anymore.

    I only spoke about swapping for PvE and making it in Arenas. I also mentioned swapping for Kam mission, which is LSGeo.

    nope, not on another level at all. we are all players here and many of us have grown through the changes they have made to see things like credits no longer being a problem.

    we are just trying to help you and other understand that there are times where you can create your own issues, and its not necessarily a game problem, as much as a management problem.

    Also, you can see that we have not forgotten that, as many of the posts here acknowledge that this is a early mid game problem, and its something you have to manage as you go through. Ideas around this and solutions have been suggested a few times in this very thread.

    Maybe if I could trade sim tickets in for something... like say crystals.
Sign In or Register to comment.