Not the usual "been gone a while" thread

MasterSeedy
5035 posts Member
edited May 2021
I was sick last month, in and out of the hospital for a couple days with a kidney infection after passing a pair of kidney stones. I felt like [censored] and didn't want to get back to anything, including the game, for a little while. Fortunately my oldest kept my account up for me while I wasn't feeling well. But even when I felt better, there were just a lot of things to catch up on in daily life and getting back to SWGOH wasn't first on the list.

But now I'm back!

I know that there are a lot of players that I was working with in the past to try to help out. I generally specialize in helping players below level 85 or who have gotten to level 85 very recently. Part of that is because there's just so many ways to take the game: earlier on there are fewer available paths which makes it easier to give good advice. If you're one of those players & you were eager for help & then I dropped off the face of the earth, don't worry! I still care about new players and want you all to succeed.

So the MasterSeedy advice column is open again for business. I also want to streamline things a bit by putting up a standard plan for people below level 40, level 40 to 60, level 60 to 80, and level 81 to the first few months of level 85. That way I can post helpful guides that will work for a lot of people. It won't be as specific as the custom plans I've created for some, but hopefully it will be easy to link them.

As I have often said, the single most important thing is to have fun. If you're a new player reading this and you just don't know what to do in the game, there are many wonderful people here who can give you good advice for reaching particular goals. I do that all the time & I love to help folks out. But no one can tell you what is going to be the most fun.

Always remember that this is a game, and whenever you have a choice between following what seems like really good advice but which asks you to do something boring and doing something that's exciting and fun, always choose the latter. This game takes months to explore and years to conquer. Even an efficient path to any significant goal will take a long long time to travel. If you follow a path that you don't enjoy, you'll end up quitting, and if you end up quitting, well, it's not an efficient path to your goal if you quit before you reach it.

So play the game and only worry about your character power as a means to have fun.

In the meantime, MasterSeedy's house of questions and overly wordy wisdom is reopened for business.

Replies