Why does Rey (GL) have the unaligned force user tag

Replies

  • th3evo
    194 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    She doesn’t have the Jedi tag in game...

    She literally calls herself all the jedi in the movie

    Then you should watch the movie if you want her to be a Jedi.

    she is a jedi in wookiepedia

    Then you should read wookieepedia.

    i don't get what your argument is

    He is pointing to the places people claim she is a jedi.

    This game is not one of the places.

    Unaligned Force Users are characters that use the Force that don’t identify as Jedi or Sith.
    I dunno. Rey saying "I'm all the Jedi" seems pretty much like she identifies as Jedi.
  • Crayons
    161 posts Member
    I don’t know why this is annoying me so much, but it is.

    It’s not canon. It’s not a character bio. It’s balance.

    But sure, let’s tag everyone accurately. If Rey is a Jedi, so would new GL Kenobi. So let’s have GL Rey, GL Kenobi, GL JML, Epic confrontation GAS or JKL all under a Revan lead. That’ll be fun.

    Is Enfys Nest a smuggler? Pretty sure she’s more of a freedom fighter. Let make a new 100% accurate tag for her so it’s canon.

    Let’s all have a 3 page discussion on what actually is Enfys Nest loyalties, and then demand CG accept our analysis and create a new tag. It’s the only logical thing to expect.
  • Nihion
    3213 posts Member
    Crayons wrote: »
    I don’t know why this is annoying me so much, but it is.

    It’s not canon. It’s not a character bio. It’s balance.

    But sure, let’s tag everyone accurately. If Rey is a Jedi, so would new GL Kenobi. So let’s have GL Rey, GL Kenobi, GL JML, Epic confrontation GAS or JKL all under a Revan lead. That’ll be fun.

    Is Enfys Nest a smuggler? Pretty sure she’s more of a freedom fighter. Let make a new 100% accurate tag for her so it’s canon.

    Let’s all have a 3 page discussion on what actually is Enfys Nest loyalties, and then demand CG accept our analysis and create a new tag. It’s the only logical thing to expect.

    I do like what you say here, but only one GL is allowed per team. I do think that JKR was one of the first characters that affects all of the decisions about who gets the Jedi tag in the future, and that that is where the balance issue stems from. I really hope they change him to exclusively synergize with a new “Old Republic Jedi” tag or something. Just add one more (SATELE MAYBE??!!!) and you can free up a lot of future tag balance issues.
  • Jenoke76
    27 posts Member
    I think Rey got this new tag, because she isn't as good as the other 3 GLs without JKR, JKL, GAS. And for those jedis soon 3 GLs will compete. With the new Ashoka, Rey+ Scoundrels will shine
  • I honestly think you guys are asking the wrong questions. You cite the Lore, and then the argument easily comes that CG simply doesnt care about the lore when it comes to the tags. And it is actually a fair argument. Not a strong one, but it's their game after all.

    The mindblowing thing is actually JTR, when you dont cite the lore, but cite the game itself.

    Rey (Jedi Training) is an unaligned Force user. Now repeat this, but slowly.
    It's like they introduced a new tag "Unranked military officer" and gave it to Commander Luke Skywalker... This is flat out an oxymoron, not that it matters too much, and I personally find it really funny.
  • Crayons
    161 posts Member
    They have some insanely powerful toons under just about every tag. They are trying to keep GL, Epic Confrontation, Journey and Marquee limited per team.

    They also have the upshot from not making these already powerful teams stupidly powerful, but they make older characters a bit more relevant. Han Solo came alive with CLS, and careful tagging so CLS wouldn’t be diverted elsewhere was a good thing. Luke was a Jedi at that point. Not a Jedi Knight, but a Jedi Padawan. But I’m glad he does not carry the Jedi tag, or he’d end up in Revan teams like all Jedi lol
  • What exactly are you trying to obtain? Do you want Vader or SEE to counter Rey even more easily with a Jedi tag?
  • This Rey primarily represents her journey through Episode IX and still hasn’t fully decided on her path. This isn’t the Rey you see at the end of the movie so she’s not “Rey Skywalker” quite yet and we wanted to keep the emphasis for this character on just being Rey.

    This is the developer insight of GL Rey. Pretty much sums up why this toon is not considered a Jedi
  • lucaefor
    44 posts Member
    Personally, I'd be happy if Disney retconned the whole sequel trilogy at some point in the future
  • th3evo
    194 posts Member
    edited May 19
    Jenoke76 wrote: »
    I think Rey got this new tag, because she isn't as good as the other 3 GLs without JKR, JKL, GAS. And for those jedis soon 3 GLs will compete. With the new Ashoka, Rey+ Scoundrels will shine

    It's fair to say that JML isn't that good without JKR, JKL and GAS either.
    This Rey primarily represents her journey through Episode IX and still hasn’t fully decided on her path. This isn’t the Rey you see at the end of the movie so she’s not “Rey Skywalker” quite yet and we wanted to keep the emphasis for this character on just being Rey.

    This is the developer insight of GL Rey. Pretty much sums up why this toon is not considered a Jedi

    In her ultimate she uses the stance from the time she says "I'm all the Jedi".
  • Lordwar83
    95 posts Member
    edited May 19
    I'm so confused as to the choices of who gets the tag but my big issue is that GL Rey is getting it. She very clearly is a Jedi in the rise of skywalker she even says so and is THE last Jedi at the end of episode 8. Please explain this to me lol


    1rfa1mt2qht9.jpeg

    This, she is not rey skywalker, so she is NOT a jedi! question answered discusion can be closed.
  • Lordwar83 wrote: »
    I'm so confused as to the choices of who gets the tag but my big issue is that GL Rey is getting it. She very clearly is a Jedi in the rise of skywalker she even says so and is THE last Jedi at the end of episode 8. Please explain this to me lol


    1rfa1mt2qht9.jpeg

    This, she is not rey skywalker, so she is NOT a jedi! question answered discusion can be closed.

    I'm happy with that answer, thanks for providing it lol
  • CCyrilS
    5398 posts Member
    Lordwar83 wrote: »
    I'm so confused as to the choices of who gets the tag but my big issue is that GL Rey is getting it. She very clearly is a Jedi in the rise of skywalker she even says so and is THE last Jedi at the end of episode 8. Please explain this to me lol


    1rfa1mt2qht9.jpeg

    This, she is not rey skywalker, so she is NOT a jedi! question answered discusion can be closed.

    Didn't realize only Skywalkers could be jedi
  • My Beef : Farmboy Luke is light side, commander Luke is not. This is very silly.

    But if we must go down thisdark and confusing path, then the gear 13 colour must be changed on these neutral toons to reflect this.

    In summery, I find the Devs lack of foresight to be disturbing.
  • 600TicketsPlease
    6 posts Member
    edited May 19
    Lordwar83 wrote: »
    I'm so confused as to the choices of who gets the tag but my big issue is that GL Rey is getting it. She very clearly is a Jedi in the rise of skywalker she even says so and is THE last Jedi at the end of episode 8. Please explain this to me lol


    1rfa1mt2qht9.jpeg

    This, she is not rey skywalker, so she is NOT a jedi! question answered discusion can be closed.

    Rey is a Mary Sue. Period
  • Nihion
    3213 posts Member
    My Beef : Farmboy Luke is light side, commander Luke is not. This is very silly.

    But if we must go down thisdark and confusing path, then the gear 13 colour must be changed on these neutral toons to reflect this.

    In summery, I find the Devs lack of foresight to be disturbing.

    CLS is light side, he’s just Unaligned Force User as well. Just because you follow the light side of the force, it doesn’t make you a Jedi.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    My Beef : Farmboy Luke is light side, commander Luke is not. This is very silly.

    But if we must go down thisdark and confusing path, then the gear 13 colour must be changed on these neutral toons to reflect this.

    In summery, I find the Devs lack of foresight to be disturbing.

    CLS is light side, he’s just Unaligned Force User as well. Just because you follow the light side of the force, it doesn’t make you a Jedi.

    um hello, farmboy Luke ain't a jedi, yet he's light side allinged . Your argument hold no value as your point is contradictory
  • @600TicketsPlease no your argument makes no sense. Both farmboy and CLS are still LS. CLS is just getting the addition of unalign force user
  • @600TicketsPlease no your argument makes no sense. Both farmboy and CLS are still LS. CLS is just getting the addition of unalign force user

    That actually makes sense Bro. I stand corrected.
  • Xcien
    1178 posts Member
    @600TicketsPlease no your argument makes no sense. Both farmboy and CLS are still LS. CLS is just getting the addition of unalign force user

    That actually makes sense Bro. I stand corrected.

    It makes no sense. Just because they have a Light Side alignment does not mean that they have to be a Jedi.
    "Thank you for evaluating."
  • lucaefor wrote: »
    Personally, I'd be happy if Disney retconned the whole sequel trilogy at some point in the future
    Let me guess you think JarJar and dying of sadness is great cinema
  • Lordwar83 wrote: »
    I'm so confused as to the choices of who gets the tag but my big issue is that GL Rey is getting it. She very clearly is a Jedi in the rise of skywalker she even says so and is THE last Jedi at the end of episode 8. Please explain this to me lol


    1rfa1mt2qht9.jpeg

    This, she is not rey skywalker, so she is NOT a jedi! question answered discusion can be closed.

    Rey is a Mary Sue. Period

    Luke is more of a Mary Sue than Rey.

    He hits a one-in-a-million shot to take down the Death Star.

    Rey beats a kid who is completely shaken by what happened with this father.
  • NicWester
    7933 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Dagar wrote: »
    The Dev Insights from her kit reveal in March 2020 state:
    Inspiration:

    This Rey primarily represents her journey through Episode IX and still hasn’t fully decided on her path. This isn’t the Rey you see at the end of the movie so she’s not “Rey Skywalker” quite yet and we wanted to keep the emphasis for this character on just being Rey (hence why her in-game name is Rey.)

    So I take that as the character we see in game representing the point where is she is torn between following the path of the Jedi and submitting to Palpatine in order to save her friends. It is then later that Ben Solo joins her against the Emperor and she is able to achieve both.

    And that's why her ultimate is called "Heir to the Jedi" and features the crossed lightsabers stance seen in her fight with Palpatine, right?
    The part you quoted means just that she's not what we see at the very end - she doesn't have her new yellow lightsaber and she didn't pick the Skywalker surname yet. The "all Jedi" aspect is very much present in the version we have.
    She isn't a jedi because jedi is a specific order trained in a specific way that was virtually eliminated following the end of the Republic. Luke is a jedi because he tried to recreate the order after the end of the Empire.

    Rey in Rise of Skywalker is training to use her force powers and learning what it means to be a jedi from the scrolls, but hasn't achieved it at the point in the movie that the character represents. So what if it's the same animation as her stance at the all the jedi moment? It's just an animation. CG straight up said that she isn't the character at the end of the movie yet. You don't get to say "But what my theory presupposes is, what if she is?" because she isn't. It's settled.
    Lordwar83 wrote: »
    I'm so confused as to the choices of who gets the tag but my big issue is that GL Rey is getting it. She very clearly is a Jedi in the rise of skywalker she even says so and is THE last Jedi at the end of episode 8. Please explain this to me lol


    1rfa1mt2qht9.jpeg

    This, she is not rey skywalker, so she is NOT a jedi! question answered discusion can be closed.

    Rey is a Mary Sue. Period

    So what? So's Luke. So're Gilgamesh, Liu Bei, Roland, Aeneas, and every other epic character. Quit being so whiny. Period.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    7933 posts Member
    My Beef : Farmboy Luke is light side, commander Luke is not. This is very silly.

    But if we must go down thisdark and confusing path, then the gear 13 colour must be changed on these neutral toons to reflect this.

    In summery, I find the Devs lack of foresight to be disturbing.

    I don't get why so many people are having trouble with the notion that "Unaligned Force User" isn't synonymous with "Neutral".

    Unaffiliated might be clearer than unaligned, since people have used "alignment" when talking about Light or Dark preference for a long time. Unaffiliated would mean not being a part of an organization, which is what the sith and jedi ultimately are.

    But, that said, even "unaligned" is pretttttttttty effing obvious as to what it means and (English as a second language aside) folks are trying real, real hard to deliberately miss the point here for the sake of stirring up an argument.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • ShaggyB
    1994 posts Member
    edited May 20
    Because at the.point of her dual with kylo that the event is built around (paper rock scissors) and the death star fight... shes not a jedi yet.... just like kylo is still part of the first order which he very much isnt by the end of the movie.


    My question is.... why is scavenger rey an unaligned force user.

    Shes not tapping into the force knowingly until she gets captured by the first order.... and at that point she doesnt have her staff.

    Scavenger rey is from the start of force awakens.
  • NicWester
    7933 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    My question is.... why is scavenger rey an unaligned force user.

    Shes not tapping into the force knowingly until she gets captured by the first order.... and at that point she doesnt have her staff.

    Scavenger rey is from the start of force awakens.

    My personal interpretation is that she wasn't actively using her force capabilities at this point, but she was channeling passively in the same way Jar Jar does (also a personal interpretation--it's how he's always exactly where he needs to be and how every mistake he makes in the Battle of Naboo leads to more and more destroyed droids). That said, of course, "user" becomes the problem because she would be an unaligned force... passiver...

    But, eh, I think it still broadly fits enough.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Shes everything she should have every Tag
    NicWester wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    My question is.... why is scavenger rey an unaligned force user.

    Shes not tapping into the force knowingly until she gets captured by the first order.... and at that point she doesnt have her staff.

    Scavenger rey is from the start of force awakens.

    My personal interpretation is that she wasn't actively using her force capabilities at this point, but she was channeling passively in the same way Jar Jar does (also a personal interpretation--it's how he's always exactly where he needs to be and how every mistake he makes in the Battle of Naboo leads to more and more destroyed droids). That said, of course, "user" becomes the problem because she would be an unaligned force... passiver...

    But, eh, I think it still broadly fits enough.

    searching for some logic in the sequels is something u cant go right
Sign In or Register to comment.