New player looking for help

Hi guys, I’m a total newbie. Account is 5 days old and never played this game before.
I have hard time getting through campaign and unlocking farming modes.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My code 869-978-151

Also if you can share some words of wisdom, I’d be really grateful.

Replies

• Your biggest early choice is whether you will go for a Phoenix squad or whether you will go for a Geonosian squad.

There are different opinions on this, and it's very important that when you get conflicting advice you remember that probably all the advice is good, but that because this is a game the most important thing isn't that you pick the absolute best of the advice from the pile of good advice. The most important thing to remember is that this is a game and it's supposed to be fun. When confronted with different options, always pick the one that's the most fun.

That said, I can't predict what you'll like about the game, but I can give advice on how to build an early roster to collect more resources more quickly, which eventually you can invest in whatever part of the game (or whichever characters) are most fun for you.

So my advice for a while is to use levels 1 to 65 or so seriously focussed on ships which you need to have as ready as possible at level 60, and will still need improvement aferward for some time. As you go up levels, it takes longer to get to the next one, so that still leaves you enough time to get your characters ready for zeta abilities at level 82.

While Geonosians (also called "Bugs") and Phoenix are both good early squads, only the Geos provide a good early fleet. (Phoenix only has 2 ships and they require all 6 characters, while the Geos give you 3 ships and you only have to gear 1 pilot each, for 3 toons total.)

So from the perspective of an outsider who doesn't know what's most fun for you, I would strongly recommend using all your cantina energy to farm your first 2 Geos like this:

1. Geonosian Spy => 4*
    2. Geonosian Soldier => 4*
    3. Spy => 5*
    4. Soldier => 5*

After that, you can either keep going in the same pattern or you can switch to the node which drops Kylo Ren Unmasked (also known as KRU) shards and TIE Silencer blueprints. Since it drops the ship and its pilot at the same time, it can be a very efficient node. If you go this route, use the ship as the benchmark for when to switch to the next goal, not the pilot. So the progression would look like this:

5. TIE Silencer => 4*
    6. Spy => 6*
    7. TIE Silencer => 5*
    8. Soldier => 6*
    9. Spy => 7*
    10. Silencer => 6*
    11. Soldier => 7*
    12. Silencer => 7*

Otherwise you finish Spy and Soldier all the way to 7*, then start on TIE Silencer and KRU and farm them up to 7* with no breaks for other characters or ships. Both ways are good. They have different advantages, but they're both fine, so do what seems easier or more fun to you.

Now, you'll also need a plan for your Regular energy. There are some people I know that are working hard on detailed plans for several highly efficient strategies for spending your early Regular energy. If none of them chime in over the next day or so, I'l provide some recommendations there as well.
  • DoctorSimon
    4 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Thank you soo much. It has been most helpful!!!
    Also, I didn’t know about Geo and started Phoenix. Got 2 x 5*, one 4* and 2 x 3*. Should I abandon that and do Geos instead or carry on?
    I heard, I can use them for Palpatine and Thrawn...
    Post edited by DoctorSimon on
  • Intimmydation
    680 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Now, you'll also need a plan for your Regular energy. There are some people I know that are working hard on detailed plans for several highly efficient strategies for spending your early Regular energy. If none of them chime in over the next day or so, I'l provide some recommendations there as well.

So here is the plan I put together mentioned by Seedy above (I will be starting a new account next week as well). The 3 screenshots contain the farming plans for each type of energy, what you should buy from each of the stores, and a summary of how the different teams should come together.

Energy Farming
    vbj3hczqma4k.png
    - Stick to 4 "hard node" farms max on your normal energy
    - I haven't listed here if you should take characters straight to 7* or rotate them, still working out on my own how it should be done...but you can listen to Seedy's advice above when it comes to Geos.
    - I put "level" tiers here to denote when you have access to start farming these characters. You should finish the previous ones ideally before moving on to the next tier (finish by default means to 7*, but there may be specific reasons why you would move on to a different one, mainly fleet related pilots or ships).

Stores
    ppm6bd9zdbep.png
    - Don't need to spend the GET1 or GET2 currency as soon as you have it, just save it up until you can fully unlock these things listed (will take a while)....but these are the recommended targets (don't buy gear there)

Squads
    pdyevailx30l.png

Also here is a helpful note for at which level specific holotable nodes are unlocked
    5thcpijt92y7.png

• Thank you soo much. It has been most helpful!!!
    Also, I didn’t know about Geo and started Phoenix. Got 2 x 5*, one 4* and 2 x 3*. Should I abandon that and do Geos instead or carry on?
    I heard, I can use them for Palpatine and Thrawn...

Yes, the Phoenix crew can unlock Palpatine and Thrawn. At this point, you can either continue with Phoenix, or go towards Geonosians. (IMO Geos is a better path, since they can get you top 50 in fleet arena easily.) You can always go back to Phoenix later on.
  • Thanks guys. Really appreciate all the points raised!
  • You can start moving towards Geos as you will want them for fleet as mentioned. You should still keep farming PS though as you want them to 7*, you just don't need to gear them past g8 once you get there.

Right now you can't even farm most of the Geos, only Soldier from Cantina (maybe Poggle from LS), but just be ready to start farming them when you can.

I'll add you as an ally so you can have some ally help for both LS & DS
  • Intimmydation
    680 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Your roster is pretty much where it should be, and you are close to being able to start farming more of the Geos. But the DS characters you have chosen so far, can keep farming them too (Gideon & KRU).

I'd just mention not to neglect JKA (Jedi Knight Anakin). You will want 5 Jedi at 7* so you can unlock Grand Master Yoda (GMY), which you can use Ahsoka, JKA, Kanan & Ezra + 1. I'd suggest farming Bastilla when available at level 49. GMY is super easy to unlock, you just need any 5 jedi at 7* and really just need ~2 of them to be geared decently
  • Awesome, thank you. I really like 1st order. Are they any good?
  • Your biggest early choice is whether you will go for a Phoenix squad or whether you will go for a Geonosian squad.

There are different opinions on this, and it's very important that when you get conflicting advice you remember that probably all the advice is good, but that because this is a game the most important thing isn't that you pick the absolute best of the advice from the pile of good advice. The most important thing to remember is that this is a game and it's supposed to be fun. When confronted with different options, always pick the one that's the most fun.

That said, I can't predict what you'll like about the game, but I can give advice on how to build an early roster to collect more resources more quickly, which eventually you can invest in whatever part of the game (or whichever characters) are most fun for you.

So my advice for a while is to use levels 1 to 65 or so seriously focussed on ships which you need to have as ready as possible at level 60, and will still need improvement aferward for some time. As you go up levels, it takes longer to get to the next one, so that still leaves you enough time to get your characters ready for zeta abilities at level 82.

While Geonosians (also called "Bugs") and Phoenix are both good early squads, only the Geos provide a good early fleet. (Phoenix only has 2 ships and they require all 6 characters, while the Geos give you 3 ships and you only have to gear 1 pilot each, for 3 toons total.)

So from the perspective of an outsider who doesn't know what's most fun for you, I would strongly recommend using all your cantina energy to farm your first 2 Geos like this:

1. Geonosian Spy => 4*
    2. Geonosian Soldier => 4*
    3. Spy => 5*
    4. Soldier => 5*

After that, you can either keep going in the same pattern or you can switch to the node which drops Kylo Ren Unmasked (also known as KRU) shards and TIE Silencer blueprints. Since it drops the ship and its pilot at the same time, it can be a very efficient node. If you go this route, use the ship as the benchmark for when to switch to the next goal, not the pilot. So the progression would look like this:

5. TIE Silencer => 4*
    6. Spy => 6*
    7. TIE Silencer => 5*
    8. Soldier => 6*
    9. Spy => 7*
    10. Silencer => 6*
    11. Soldier => 7*
    12. Silencer => 7*

Otherwise you finish Spy and Soldier all the way to 7*, then start on TIE Silencer and KRU and farm them up to 7* with no breaks for other characters or ships. Both ways are good. They have different advantages, but they're both fine, so do what seems easier or more fun to you.

you can not unlock geo brood until level 85
  • lucaefor
    95 posts Member
    Here's the list of objectives a new player should focus on, in order of importance:

1: One 7 star hero. This lets you get access to heroic raids.
    2: Team of 5 star heroes. So you can do the final mod challenges to unlock 5 dot mods
    3: Five Dark Side Ships: for the Tarkin fleet challenge to unlock zeta mat and ship omega income

The advice you've been given to farm Geonosians is very solid. Farming this faction gives you three excellent dark side ships plusKylo Ren Unmasked & TIE Silencer gives you four, so you only need one more.

Initially farm Kylo Ren Unmasked to 7 stars
    Then switch to farming all the Geonosians
    You'll have to buy Sun Fac shards in the Guild Store (with currency you get from raids). Later, you can finish him off with shard purchases from the Fleet Store (starts at level 60)
    Use Galactic War currency in the store to buy Poggle & Geonosian Ship shards.
    I highly recommend you farm Vulture Droid every day as your last dark side ship.
  • MasterSeedy
    5035 posts Member
    @DoctorSimon

FO is decent. They're not great, but they're accessible earlier than the truly great squads so they can be a strong temporary addition to your roster until they are surpassed. Then they become relevant again when you start work on Galactic Legends. SLKR is probably the first GL anyone should get just from an efficiency perspective. Because SLKR allows you to solo the Sith raid, doing SLKR guarantees you a good supply of the g12 gear you need to advance new characters to relic level and thus to get new GLs. So every GL farm after SLKR is quicker than any GL farms before SLKR. Given that, you're going to end up with a superior roster sooner if you go First Order and SLKR first once you're ready to start chasing GLs.
  • Thank you guys soo very much. This is really helpful and great food for thought.
    I nearly unlocked EP and am only 4 shards shy of Vader as well.
    Also starting to work on Geos.
    Only lvl 45 so far though.