Kenobi requirements [MERGE]

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    I can't even imagine the KAM uproar that still could be coming given how easy Wat is to get in comparison.

I can.

Which is why I know they will not, among other reasons.

Even at 6*, the number of players that would be able to get him would be less than half of Malak back at that release.
  • gatormatt
    304 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    I can't even imagine the KAM uproar that still could be coming given how easy Wat is to get in comparison.

I can.

Even at 6*, the number of players that would be able to get him would be less than half of Malak back at that release.

Well if they're not going to require KAM then maybe they can require Bad Batch in the next set of requirements. Or at least another Marquee besides Bo. Right now these requirements are too easy, especially for veteran players.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I am 100% down with a 6* KAM requirement.

90% and rising for a 7* R8 KAM.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    gatormatt wrote: »

I can.

Well if they're not going to require KAM then maybe they can require Bad Batch in the next set of requirements. Or at least another Marquee besides Bo. Right now these requirements are too easy, especially for veteran players.

Ease vs viability may be the trade off. Someone already said he may need CAT and KAM to truly thrive which would royally stink.

I’m being selfish and am happy Wat was included over KAM as I have him R5 already while my KAM is G8 and almost 5*. I’m still holding all my resources until his last batch is out and his kit is revealed. Heck I may even wait to unload my gear until I see him used by the GC’s and he’s tested properly. That way I can either splurge on the next GL or invest in JMK instead. That way I’ll have 3 Light side GL’s for GEO TB since it would be more prudent to have stronger teams for that one given the fact that LSGeo P1 is just as difficult as DSGeo P4.

I do get the frustration over WAT being needed by smaller guilds and the constant “ditch your friends for a better guild” mentality CG keeps pushing
  • LordDirt
    4985 posts Member
    If you all focused, you could probably have 7 star wat in 3 or 4 months. It takes that long to gear 15 characters for a GL anyway unless you're a whale.

You are joking, right? A lot of people already have all 10 requirements done and are not close to whales.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt
    4985 posts Member
    Gurken wrote: »
    Locking GL Kenobi behind a TB mission that requires your guild mates to be able to do it is completely unfair and unreasonable. If you're in a guild that you really enjoy but it can't or is barely able to do the Wat mission, this is going to require you to either leave or wait years to get him. For people that Jedi Master Kenobi is their favorite character in Star Wars, this is a real middle finger to them!

Take my guild for example, we've just started being able to the Wat mission and we've only been averaging 8 shards a TB, at that rate it would take us 3 year's to get Wat 7*. Now sure we can expect us to get more shards as we get stronger, but we're casual and are not going to require Geos. I know we have members who have wanted Jedi master Kenobi since the last time CG visited the clone wars era and have already started getting the requirements for him. Now they have to choose, wait years for their favorite character or leave friends for a stronger guild...

What I'm asking is for CG to make him available in a store or an event like the galactic bounties

10,000% agree with this. I love my guild - it's a fantastic group of people and I'll never consider leaving it, but we average about 7 Wat shards a month. I have GL Rey, and Kenobi's one of my favorite Star Wars characters and I was completely poised to go all in for his GL -- and it's outside my personal control whether I can earn his requirements. R8 requirements fine, I can do that in Conquest - but farming him is dependent on other players, not my own actions, and I think that's a really poor choice. I'm mega bummed about this, and this genuinely is one of the more let down / disappointed feelings I've had in the game - I was genuinely excited to farm him.

But it is within your control. Many guilds make certain aspects of the game a priority, why cant yours?

You dont have to leave your guild, but it's hard to blame the game for choosing to be with a guild that isnt at your level or doing things that you feel are achievable for yourself. Again, it's the balance of the choices we make.

A brand new "end game" character is not going to be 100% available to any player, and there are many reasons why that will be the case each time a new toon or even content is released. If someone wants to be playing at the leading edge of something in the game, then they should expect thier guild to be able to support them in this endeavor, that is the cooperative nature of a guild that some seem to be missing and blaming others or the game for.

Too many people fall in love with their guild and they just sit a wallow around in it without any direction. Tired of people saying they are in guilds with their friends or great people but then complain when the guild cant accomplish anything in the game. They need to either get better leadership, if there is any at all to begin with, or move on and find a better guild.

The guild I am in, as well as a lot of others, has roster requirements and goals. The one I am in you have to be KAM ready. If you can't supply a team for the KAM mission you are replaced by someone who is. Before that you had to be WAT ready. Before that it was something else.

If the guild I was in couldn't do everything the game offers then I would have moved on like I had done in the past. This is a collection game and I want everything at 7*.

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Hello all,

Thank you for some of the responses given. I’m not a new player (see op) and I’m not sure what counts as a “serious” player (I only have 1 GL and am in a “casual” guild, and I’ve only dropped a few thousand). Your right Wat has been out for two years (almost). And yes, I do have a relic level geo team, many of our guild members have g12. We average about 11 shards. That’s just what it is.

Telling me that I can’t get it because that is my choice (I’m in a low level guild) or that it is easy (for you and your guild) does not address the two issues that I brought up: disincentivizing and community breaking. Victim blaming that often occurs on these forums is a reason I was hesitant to post.

For the poster who talked about end content shouldn’t be easy to get, thank you. I agree. If you are a division 1 player most of this GL’s requirements seem quite manageable. That certainly is the case for me. Getting 14-15 characters at relic x level is no easy feat for all but top level players, That’s what CG intended and it is working. What is at the core of my concern is accessibility and the impact of that gate on the majority of players.

I look forward to hearing your on-point responses. :)

Thank you.
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Gurken wrote: »
    Locking GL Kenobi behind a TB mission that requires your guild mates to be able to do it is completely unfair and unreasonable. If you're in a guild that you really enjoy but it can't or is barely able to do the Wat mission, this is going to require you to either leave or wait years to get him. For people that Jedi Master Kenobi is their favorite character in Star Wars, this is a real middle finger to them!

Take my guild for example, we've just started being able to the Wat mission and we've only been averaging 8 shards a TB, at that rate it would take us 3 year's to get Wat 7*. Now sure we can expect us to get more shards as we get stronger, but we're casual and are not going to require Geos. I know we have members who have wanted Jedi master Kenobi since the last time CG visited the clone wars era and have already started getting the requirements for him. Now they have to choose, wait years for their favorite character or leave friends for a stronger guild...

What I'm asking is for CG to make him available in a store or an event like the galactic bounties

10,000% agree with this. I love my guild - it's a fantastic group of people and I'll never consider leaving it, but we average about 7 Wat shards a month. I have GL Rey, and Kenobi's one of my favorite Star Wars characters and I was completely poised to go all in for his GL -- and it's outside my personal control whether I can earn his requirements. R8 requirements fine, I can do that in Conquest - but farming him is dependent on other players, not my own actions, and I think that's a really poor choice. I'm mega bummed about this, and this genuinely is one of the more let down / disappointed feelings I've had in the game - I was genuinely excited to farm him.

But it is within your control. Many guilds make certain aspects of the game a priority, why cant yours?

You dont have to leave your guild, but it's hard to blame the game for choosing to be with a guild that isnt at your level or doing things that you feel are achievable for yourself. Again, it's the balance of the choices we make.

A brand new "end game" character is not going to be 100% available to any player, and there are many reasons why that will be the case each time a new toon or even content is released. If someone wants to be playing at the leading edge of something in the game, then they should expect thier guild to be able to support them in this endeavor, that is the cooperative nature of a guild that some seem to be missing and blaming others or the game for.

Too many people fall in love with their guild and they just sit a wallow around in it without any direction. Tired of people saying they are in guilds with their friends or great people but then complain when the guild cant accomplish anything in the game. They need to either get better leadership, if there is any at all to begin with, or move on and find a better guild.
    They don’t complain that they can’t unlock Wat. They are perfectly aware of it and chose to make this sacrifice in order to stay with their friends. They complain that it has consequences to other aspects of their collection because of that.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Wat does hurt newer players, and players unwilling to leave lower-tier guilds because of friends, but I think he’s a fair requirement balance-wise. JMK seems like a 2nd/3rd GL, and most of those players have likely gotten Wat.

But... did Kenobi ever actually meet Wat Tambor? I know Anakin met him once or twice (while rescuing Echo, then killing him as Vader) but the only instance I can remember is when Kenobi was attempting to spy on the Seperatists on Geonosis in Ep II...

jazgcsloq9we.png

So they did meet... sort of. Good to know.

... anyone else Kenobi managed to look at?

i6ir0gxxt1lv.png
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

Why do I think your percentages are directly correlated to the rate at which your guild is acquiring Kam shards? :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Why do I think your percentages are directly correlated to the rate at which your guild is acquiring Kam shards? :D

tenor.gif?itemid=7713620
  • Konju
    1176 posts Member
    Zara_Khang wrote: »
    Hello all,

Thank you for some of the responses given. I’m not a new player (see op) and I’m not sure what counts as a “serious” player (I only have 1 GL and am in a “casual” guild, and I’ve only dropped a few thousand). Your right Wat has been out for two years (almost). And yes, I do have a relic level geo team, many of our guild members have g12. We average about 11 shards. That’s just what it is.

Telling me that I can’t get it because that is my choice (I’m in a low level guild) or that it is easy (for you and your guild) does not address the two issues that I brought up: disincentivizing and community breaking. Victim blaming that often occurs on these forums is a reason I was hesitant to post.

For the poster who talked about end content shouldn’t be easy to get, thank you. I agree. If you are a division 1 player most of this GL’s requirements seem quite manageable. That certainly is the case for me. Getting 14-15 characters at relic x level is no easy feat for all but top level players, That’s what CG intended and it is working. What is at the core of my concern is accessibility and the impact of that gate on the majority of players.

Thank you.

If you have been playing for 4.5 years and the casual guild you are currently in only gets 11 Wat shards then it is my guess that not everyone has been playing 4.5 years. If not everyone has been playing 4.5 years then the community is new, but you are not. New community and an “older” account just tells me the older account has left other communities in the past (could be guild fell apart, wanted more rewards, less stress etc).

Anecdote: My alt guild (170M GP, formed last summer, filled with players from less than a year to 3+ years) is a great community, but also earns 14-19 Wat shards every month. Are some players disappointed that it will take another year+ to 7* Wat for JMK? Yes. Is anyone considering leaving to do so? Maybe 1 or 2. The community will survive 1-2 players moving on for more Wat shards and the majority of us will simply stay and keep progressing together.

This situation is not a new phenomenon nor is the sky falling imo.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Hello all,

Thank you.

It may disincentives the segment of the player base who are in a guild that is underachieving towards the players goals in the game. That is part of the choice they made, it's not the games fault. If you want to be able to play the game at the level where you can get what you want at the pace you want, you may have to make different choices, and/or be working with your guild to get them to the level where they can as a team support you and each other to be at that level.

They would have a really hard time incentivizing every player who makes choices that are not based on pushing thier own personal performance. Those players are already making a disincentive choice, when it comes to game pace. Its impossible to "reward" them and players who are actively trying to be at the "highest pace".

Every time new content or characters come out, player make the choice to leave thier guild. No amount of effort from the dev team can change this.

You're not a victim, but you have made choices and want something in addition to that without a balance. Unfortunately that is not the way it works, every choice made here will have a balance that has both a good and a bad, to some extent.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    My alt guild has lost players due to hstr, due to kam, due to crancor, and still keeps trucking along. I'm partway to 7* on Wat. It's all fine.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    There are just over 170k Wat owners. For comparison that's only slightly less than the 183k Malak owners. 170k wouid be about a third of the active player base according to swgoh.gg

If Wat is the most difficult of the requirements, there are a very large number of players that will be very happy.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TargetEadu
    1538 posts Member
    If you all focused, you could probably have 7 star wat in 3 or 4 months. It takes that long to gear 15 characters for a GL anyway unless you're a whale.

You are joking, right? A lot of people already have all 10 requirements done and are not close to whales.

Bo-Katan expresses doubt.

(Yes, non-FTP and Whale are different, but I doubt a “lot” of non-whales decided to splurge their money/crystals on Bo-Katan.)
  • Kyno wrote: »
    It may disincentives the segment of the player base who are in a guild that is underachieving towards the players goals in the game. That is part of the choice they made, it's not the games fault. If you want to be able to play the game at the level where you can get what you want at the pace you want, you may have to make different choices, and/or be working with your guild to get them to the level where they can as a team support you and each other to be at that level.

They would have a really hard time incentivizing every player who makes choices that are not based on pushing thier own personal performance. Those players are already making a disincentive choice, when it comes to game pace. Its impossible to "reward" them and players who are actively trying to be at the "highest pace".

Every time new content or characters come out, player make the choice to leave thier guild. No amount of effort from the dev team can change this.

You're not a victim, but you have made choices and want something in addition to that without a balance. Unfortunately that is not the way it works, every choice made here will have a balance that has both a good and a bad, to some extent.

Thank you Kyno for your responses both this one and the previous. And recognition that I wasn’t claiming to be a victim.

As to the numbers on swgoh.gg, how many players listed there do not have Wat? Also does swgoh.gg cover all players? 80k is a lot, but it doesn’t cover all players. How many players are in the game?

And I completely agree with you. That individual goals and guild goals are often different. Another poster mentioned “new” community for my guild, which is true. Many have left guilds due to a number of reasons. I didn’t start out as the leader of this guild but we have built a respectful supportive environment. My choice is yes I want something in place of leaving a good group of people. Opening up other avenues of acquiring the shards for example by being able to purchase them is one way. There is the balance, plus it is another revenue stream for CG. Currently my and many others only options are to influence the guild for my individual goals, or to to abandon my guild for one that is like minded regarding Wat. It would be nice to have another option.

On a final note, I see that some of the responses I’m getting are circular and in my estimation this discussion has run it’s course. Thank you to all who participated.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited May 2021

Thank you Kyno for your responses both this one and the previous. And recognition that I wasn’t claiming to be a victim.

As to the numbers on swgoh.gg, how many players listed there do not have Wat? Also does swgoh.gg cover all players? 80k is a lot, but it doesn’t cover all players. How many players are in the game?

And I completely agree with you. That individual goals and guild goals are often different. Another poster mentioned “new” community for my guild, which is true. Many have left guilds due to a number of reasons. I didn’t start out as the leader of this guild but we have built a respectful supportive environment. My choice is yes I want something in place of leaving a good group of people. Opening up other avenues of acquiring the shards for example by being able to purchase them is one way. There is the balance, plus it is another revenue stream for CG. Currently my and many others only options are to influence the guild for my individual goals, or to to abandon my guild for one that is like minded regarding Wat. It would be nice to have another option.

On a final note, I see that some of the responses I’m getting are circular and in my estimation this discussion has run it’s course. Thank you to all who participated.

We have looked at the characters they give out at the start of the game and it seems that the data on characters is gor active players, so around 400k. This means 20% have him at 7* and from the above post, 40-45% have him activated.

That is a great sentiment and understandable that you would want that, but it's also understandable that you may not get that. Not every scenario a player chooses to be in will be able to get them "end game" or new stuff at the same pace as those who are working at "the top pace".

I would argue that a supportive guild environment wouldnt require influence to have them doing things that benefit the guild as a whole, but that is a different subject.

It's always nice to have options, but that is not always the way things work out.

Good luck.
  • Crayons wrote: »
    Then you aren’t from mid to small guilds with low WAT income.

More people are in these guilds. The vast majority of players.

Then find a better guild to join 🤷‍♂️

The whole "I like the guild that only gets 3 Wat shards" statement is code for "I like always finishing 1st in the raids."
  • TargetEadu
    1538 posts Member
    Crayons wrote: »

The whole "I like the guild that only gets 3 Wat shards" statement is code for "I like always finishing 1st in the raids."

Or “I like the friends I’ve made more than internet currencies”.
  • TargetEadu
    1538 posts Member
    Jppc wrote: »
    Crayons wrote: »

Or “I like the friends I’ve made more than internet currencies”.

So be with your friends and wait to get Wat. Don’t complain.

I’m more complaining about the generalization that people in smaller guilds are entitled / over-competitive / only want to get good raid rewards. I’m fine waiting for Wat, for now.
  • el_mago
    751 posts Member
    This post is in regards to the Wat requirement for GL Kenobi.

...I was planning on investing $100 on crystals today to rush Bo-Katan to seven stars. I now have no incentive to do that...

Help me out a little with the logic.

Before the new reqs were announced and the "sky is falling" forum sheep were bleating their extreme disapproval of an imaginary KAM requirement, you were gonna drop $100 to rush Bo-Katan? And now that they've announced a comparably much easier-to-get TB character, you're gonna not spend?

Maybe you should rethink your priorities? Farm a different GL? Rally your guild to gear geos?

• LordDirt
    4985 posts Member

Bo-Katan expresses doubt.

(Yes, non-FTP and Whale are different, but I doubt a “lot” of non-whales decided to splurge their money/crystals on Bo-Katan.)

A lot of people have a nice pile of crystals. Plus $100 to get a player to 7* isnt whaling if someone chose to do so.
  • LordDirt wrote: »

Yeah and I have an r5 wat already ftp. What's your point? Yes I am aware you don't have to be a whale to have the other characters reliced already. However, I highly doubt that many have that particular group all ready. Unless they love trash jedi like mace.

So for players that still need to gear the requirements (which will be most players) wat won't take any longer than the rest if you focus.

I look at wat being roughly equal to a marque in difficulty. If you don't have him it'll take a few months to finish him. The same is generally true for a marque. For example to 7 star bo katana, it'll take 3 or 4 months unless you drop a ton of crystals in a very inefficient manner.
  • LordHel
    32 posts Member
    If someone has trouble getting 7* wat, how are they going to have an R8 GK?
  • If they use KAM for this one they make it really hard to have the next GL anytime this year. KAM is now the last special character and one that takes more than a year for most to get. If hey announce KAM people will mostly skip Kenobi and save resources for the next one. Besides the Kenobi nerd is already in place with Ashoka making both Rey And SLKR significantly stronger by the time anyone has him
  • I see KAM being required for Lord Vader GL...
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    LordHel wrote: »
    If someone has trouble getting 7* wat, how are they going to have an R8 GK?

Conquest