Updated New Player Farming Path by Intimmydation

Replies

• Intimmydation
    679 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    May 28 Quick Update
    This weekend (May 28 & 29) will be double drops on all Cantina nodes, so to take advantage of this my strategy over the weekend will be as follows:
    • Currently sitting on 1200 crystals
    • A 100 crystal cantina refresh during double drops is effectively a 50 crystal refresh, so...
    • Just before my daily reset tonight (Friday) I will use 3x cantina refreshes to get +360 cantina energy
    • Just after my daily reset (so effectively May 29) I will use all this cantina energy to farm Hera's cantina node to try to bring her to 5* (Ezra already at 5*)
    • I will then buy 3x more cantina refreshes each on Sat and Sun, and ensure I get Hera to 5*
    • After Hera is at 5*, I will switch my cantina farm to Geo Soldier to start bringing him to 5*
    • Overall I will spend 900 crystals over the next 2.5 days on Cantina energy refreshes (9 total) which will give me 1,080 cantina energy that is effectively 2,160 because of double drops
    • My crystals will come down to 300 after this, but this is the best way to accelerate some of these farms
  • Lol my account disappeared. I’m gonna send a ticket to EA help @Intimmydation @MasterSeedy @Arva

Were you able to get your account back?

Who knows, I’ll restart today just in case
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • This farming path sound good
  • Intimmydation
    679 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    May 31 Weekend Update

So with the double cantina drops over the weekend (I used 3x cantina refreshes both days plus 3x on Friday night just before my reset), I was able to accomplish the following:
    • Ezra from 5* to 6*
    • Hera from 4* to 5*
    • Chopper from 4* to 6*
    • Geo Soldier to 5*
    • Vader unlocked (4*) via achievements
    • Level 47
    • All Phoenix members to gear 5 or higher
  • brigg
    14 posts Member
    I haven't checked in here in awhile but I'm happy to see I've mostly been keeping up. I think that's a testament to a great guide so far: https://swgoh.gg/p/367748527/

I had some of the same ideas for the double cantina weekend so I also took Ezra to 6*, but still 4* on geo soldier.

Phoenix Squad has let me full clear all my Galactic Wars, so I have good progress on Zeb (5*), and should be in good shape for saving for geos. GWs are getting harder though, so I may stop Zeb at 6* to feel good about how much I can save for geos.

I think my only trouble is that I still haven't really formed a competent dark side team. I'm still waiting on a Veers (30/50) as I never got any drops from the imp training. I'd like to have a 2nd team online besides PS, but maybe I'm being impatient. It would have to be a somewhat hybrid imp/trooper team. Do you think it would be foolish to put gear on Tarkin and Vader this early and try to make something work with them? Vader/Tarkin/Gideon/Range/Dark Trooper maybe.
  • brigg wrote: »
    I haven't checked in here in awhile but I'm happy to see I've mostly been keeping up. I think that's a testament to a great guide so far: https://swgoh.gg/p/367748527/

I had some of the same ideas for the double cantina weekend so I also took Ezra to 6*, but still 4* on geo soldier.

Phoenix Squad has let me full clear all my Galactic Wars, so I have good progress on Zeb (5*), and should be in good shape for saving for geos. GWs are getting harder though, so I may stop Zeb at 6* to feel good about how much I can save for geos.

This is all very good to hear. Even without the Cantina double drops, using crystals to refresh cantina energy daily (1 or 2 times) is definitely the way to go early game. It helps you get those 2x PS members up to 7* fast and then can switch over to farming your Geo pilots. For tiers 1-4 of the normal energy hard nodes, the cost is low enough that you should be able to complete your farms without needing the refresh, plus with all the bonus energy you get from leveling up (likely once per day) this helps to spread in some gear as well.

A nice bonus for this month is the daily login character of Geo Spy. That's 85 free shards or basically a free 6th star.

I was able to go 4/4 on GW but then got stopped on the very last node on the 5th day and couldn't clear. Level difference was more than 15 which is a bit crazy, but PS is definitely good for getting through GW. Pro Tip: Be sure to take advantage of the "Retreat" option in GW. If the battle isn't going your way (i.e. you lose a character), then just retreat and try again. It allows the battle to reset to how it started and you still have your characters. Also you can try different opening moves as the AI will behave in the same way each time, so try different strategies. Another strategy is to throw in your 2nd team (DS) and try to take out 1 or 2 opponents, and then put in PS, especially if you are stuck towards the end.
    I think my only trouble is that I still haven't really formed a competent dark side team. I'm still waiting on a Veers (30/50) as I never got any drops from the imp training. I'd like to have a 2nd team online besides PS, but maybe I'm being impatient. It would have to be a somewhat hybrid imp/trooper team. Do you think it would be foolish to put gear on Tarkin and Vader this early and try to make something work with them? Vader/Tarkin/Gideon/Range/Dark Trooper maybe.

You can use that hybrid team for now, it's fine. This early outside of PS it's really hard to form a fully synergized team (a bit easier with Troopers now with the early game changes). Anyway you will want Tarkin as your Fleet Commander and likely TFP / ITF as your 6th ship to start, so these are not wasted investments. BTW on my main account I still use an empire team of Palp, Vader, Thrawn, Tarkin and TFP and it functions quite well.

1. Get some good high level allies, look through this forum section to find players willing to help (go to my main swgoh gg link below and find my ally code on "Intimmydation" and invite me and I can help as well. This will let you easily clear some of these harder DS nodes (and 3 star them) so you can just sim for farms)
    2. Have you tried any of the Journey Guide early tiers for Thrawn, Palp, R2, GMY yet? If not, I highly suggest you do it as this will give you some bonus crystals to pump back into energy. You won't be able to unlock any of them at 5* yet, but you should be able to pass tiers 2 or 3 at this point.
  • @Intimmydation @Arva @MasterSeedy

I am feeling a bit unwell (not Covid), and will then have school till July, so early / mid July I will restart again. Sorry for the delay, but may give me a small advantage if they do anymore new player improvements ;).
  • @Intimmydation @Arva @MasterSeedy

I am feeling a bit unwell (not Covid), and will then have school till July, so early / mid July I will restart again. Sorry for the delay, but may give me a small advantage if they do anymore new player improvements ;).

No problem, I know you're still following along here so you can take any suggested changes into account as well. Main thing seems to be crystal strategy so far
  • @Intimmydation how Close to palp unlock?

Palp tier 4 just cleared, so 100/145 shards.
    Thrawn tier 3 cleared, so 75/145 shards.

Palp tier 4 just cleared, so 100/145 shards.
    Thrawn tier 3 cleared, so 75/145 shards.

nice!
  • So for Credit Heist you need the following number of Scoundrels for each tier:
    • Tier 1 (level 30): 3 scoundrels
    • Tier 2 (level 50): 4 scoundrels
    • Tier 3 (level 70): 5 scoundrels
    • Tier 4 (level 80): 5 scoundrels

With my plan, I have included Greef, Mando and Boba in the farms who all carry that tag, and I plan to use them in a BH team long term. For the last 2, you should have already a ST Han and Lando from the Rebel training events so you can throw them in without needing to level them up. Jango and Bossk will be added long term, but won't have them in time at level 80 for that last tier.

Another option is Zaalbar and Mission Vao, as you will be farming them for JKR anyway and they are both scoundrels. And finally Nute Gunray could work, who you can use to lead the Geo/Sep team until GBA is unlocked near level 85.

So, I wouldn't commit any resources to Cad Bane as overall he's less useful than the rest of these, even if he's an easy unlock, the others will be part of your plan anyway.

Okay, so, while I get your point about "better" scoundrels, I don't think you've taken into account 2 things.

1. Early Game Timeline

2. Full Long Term Needs for TW/GAC at L85

What I mean by this is.......

1. Cad is required for the Falcon, unless you never plan on having a 2nd LS fleet for TW/TB.

2. Greef/Mando can't be used in DS TB BH events.

3. You plan on farming Greef/Mando/Boba/Zal/Mission all before Level 50?

4. I had CH/30 open inside a week when I started the game 2 years ago. Level 50 CH took less than a month.

5. All those are characters are slower than popping open Cad at 10 Shards a purchase for 50 shards total. That's less than 2 days of full G-War clearing.

• Okay, so, while I get your point about "better" scoundrels, I don't think you've taken into account 2 things.

1. Early Game Timeline

2. Full Long Term Needs for TW/GAC at L85

What I mean by this is.......

1. Cad is required for the Falcon, unless you never plan on having a 2nd LS fleet for TW/TB.

2. Greef/Mando can't be used in DS TB BH events.

3. You plan on farming Greef/Mando/Boba/Zal/Mission all before Level 50?

4. I had CH/30 open inside a week when I started the game 2 years ago. Level 50 CH took less than a month.

5. All those are characters are slower than popping open Cad at 10 Shards a purchase for 50 shards total. That's less than 2 days of full G-War clearing.

Keep in mind for CH 50, you only need 4 scoundrels and doesn't matter the star levels. I already have ST Han & Lando at 3* each from the Rebels training event, and Greef & Boba already unlocked at 2* and almost 3* (they are both accelerated farms now and on nodes early on).

So while I started my account after the last CH, the next one should be coming up (I'll hit level 50 tomorrow) and will jump right into it with the 4 required characters.

The reason I don't think Cad is a good move, as it takes GW currency that I need to start hoarding now (Zeb is 7*) to prepare for fleet, so cannot afford even 1 day of GW currency there. Plus, Hans Falcon is so far off and likely a Rebel fleet would at best be my 4th fleet (1st = Geos, 2nd = Empire, 3rd = GR). I have no plans to go for a CLS team in the first year at least (not included on my first 10 squads).

It's a valid point that Greef & Mando can't be used for DS TB, but I think I can live with that considering they will be good for multiple other events.

But, these are good things to talk through as I go. I'll let you know how the first pass at CH goes when it comes around in the coming days.
  • I already have ST Han & Lando at 3* each from the Rebels training event,

I was meaning to ask about this.

I don't think it existed when I started in 2019.

Lando was, IIRC, a 4* Unlock only through Cantina Nodes back then.

I saw some updates that mentioned making Gideon & Dark as new starter characters but I must have missed a "Rebels" event that gives you a pair of 3* characters.

Do you know is this a new change?
  • I already have ST Han & Lando at 3* each from the Rebels training event,

I was meaning to ask about this.

I saw some updates that mentioned making Gideon & Dark as new starter characters but I must have missed a "Rebels" event that gives you a pair of 3* characters.

Well you had Rebels Training before, but it gave you a few Leia / ST Han shards. 24 Leia shards in total, the rest ST Han. But now, things have changed so we get 3* Leia, Lando, and STH
  • TheChild_eats_eggs1
    1459 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    I too started my main in 2019 but you know ... things improve for newbies as time goes on
  • I was meaning to ask about this.

Yeah they made a big change in early May this year to the new game experience, which is one of the reasons for the updated guide. You start with an updated cast of characters that already includes JKA & Ahsoka, plus Moff Gideon and Dark Trooper.

I had no intention of unlocking Lando, but he came from the training events and/or bronziums so he can stay at level 1 gear 1, and just be a warm body for the CH events. The Rebels event has different tiers you go through, and there are a few different character packs that it drops when you win them. I should have done a better job noting down exactly what my drops were, but I'm am confident this is where I got Lando from.

Gideon is now farmable both on an early hard node as well as his Cantina node. Dark Trooper is farmable on an early hard node. Both are still single- shard farms, so I plan only to go for Gideon at this point, even though Dark is a beast, it's just too hard to justify the other single-shard farm when I will have Piett as well, plus some ships.
  • Week 2 Update

tuvwvzs1vc5d.png
    • Hard node farms are still the same as the previous update, but I should reach the Bastilla node tomorrow and will start farming her instead of Greef most likely
    • Ezra will reach 7* tomorrow & Hera will be left at 6* for a while so I can switch my cantina energy usage over to Geo Soldier and then Spy
    • Zeb will also be held at 6* while I now start the hoarding of all my GW currency for ships. GW has gotten harder the last few days and I haven't been able to clear, so I have 9 level to go before I can start buying ships and want to save as much as possible.
    • Cantina store I'll start buying Boba Fett now to add to my Scoundrels for the next Credit Heist
    • Was able to complete the level 30 Credit Heist using Greef, Mando, ST Han and Lando...but the level 50 tier was too difficult and I didn't want to invest in leveling up Han & Lando at this point
    • Still refreshing Cantina energy 1-2 times per day, which has proved to be the right thing to do to speed up some of these key PS and Geo farms.
    • On Tier 3 of the Mod Battles, want to finish this so I can open up Mod Challenges to go for better mods.
    • Tired of Phoenix...but...must...push...through...Need them all at g8 (they are g5/6 right now) before I can stop investing in them.
    • I've completed Palp tier 4, Thrawn tier 3, GMY tier 2 and R2 tier 1 from the Journey Guide to help supplement crystals
    • Vader is unlocked through achievements at 4*
  • Terkac11
    79 posts Member
    @Intimmydation i faced the same problem when i started an account months before in GW when i was lvl 50 until almost 60 lvl, i couldn't clear it. I tried all possible combinations, retreating, using A and B as strategy, but nothing. I just couldn't clear it.

So when i started the account im playing now i faced AGAIN the same problem.
    So i did this, i bought Bastilla with the gems i was given from achievements, dailies etc, i never had a problem again clearing the GW, even if she was 2* she gave the extra push.
    But i started with Jedi and not Phoenix or Empire. I know it's a bit unconventional and most would save those gems but it saved me.
  • Terkac11 wrote: »
    @Intimmydation i faced the same problem when i started an account months before in GW when i was lvl 50 until almost 60 lvl, i couldn't clear it. I tried all possible combinations, retreating, using A and B as strategy, but nothing. I just couldn't clear it.

So when i started the account im playing now i faced AGAIN the same problem.
    So i did this, i bought Bastilla with the gems i was given from achievements, dailies etc, i never had a problem again clearing the GW, even if she was 2* she gave the extra push.
    But i started with Jedi and not Phoenix or Empire. I know it's a bit unconventional and most would save those gems but it saved me.

Yeah Bastilla and Jedi is another solid team for GW. Normally PS, Jedi and Geos can help get through it. I will have access to Bastilla's node so will farm it, and shouldn't be difficult to get her unlocked quickly. Then just need to gear her a bit and I already have Ezra & Kanan to throw with her, and can easily bring up JKA & Ahsoka to make 5 (anyway need 5 to unlock GMY).

That way it will give me 2 teams to swap between, even if Ezra & Kanan are used on both. But that bonus protection from Bastilla at the start of each battle is super nice.
  • You start with an updated cast of characters that already includes JKA & Ahsoka, plus Moff Gideon and Dark Trooper.
    The Rebels event has different tiers you go through, and there are a few different character packs that it drops when you win them. I should have done a better job noting down exactly what my drops were, but I'm am confident this is where I got Lando from.
    Both are still single- shard farms, so I plan only to go for Gideon at this point, even though Dark is a beast, it's just too hard to justify the other single-shard farm when I will have Piett as well, plus some ships.

Yeah, I recall the shard location & starting character changes, I didn't realize they had changed the "Training" events & who/how many you got from them.

My ST-Han came from the $5 LS Starter Bundle & my Lando was a flat out cantina burn for his 80 shard opening to be able to do CH along w/ Boba.

I've been a big proponent of pushing Cad & IG as both were quick 3* openings that would both eventually be needed for Falcon (+ Chewie). That might change now if those other characters are free now.

So far I've found waiting for double shards to be fine since at 2 years & still didn't have everyone that I would need for GLs at some point.
    I splurged on Cheepio as a single shard farm (Greef too for free w/ Rebel Y-Wing), but I feel like all the rest can wait to be double farms.
    In the last few months I've done FOST, Hux, New-Finn, Red-Trooper, Mando, & almost done w/ Cara.
    Just waiting on some more to shift to double, in the mean time, there are a few older things to work on still even after 2 years. (Palp's Shuttle is in constant shortage for TB for example).
  • Really like this guide.
    Do you collect your dailies for the extra crystals and more "level-up energy", or do you skip them to collect more geo/vulture shards and gw tokens before level 60?
  • AlphaKlaus wrote: »
    Really like this guide.
    Do you collect your dailies for the extra crystals and more "level-up energy", or do you skip them to collect more geo/vulture shards and gw tokens before level 60?

I always collect them. Crystals are the key to keep moving in this game. I have been pumping them into Cantina energy mostly to speed up Ezra, Hera and the 2x Geo farms. Just now I am starting to use them on normal energy as I don't level as fast (so not getting as much bonus energy) and I am needing to put some energy into gear.

I'm not too worried about the GW hoard, right now about 4800 GW token saved up, just hit level 54 today so probably about a week off of opening fleet. Harder and harder to full clear GW, but if I can get 1000 average GW tokens a day for the next week that puts me about 16000 saved up by the time I hit fleet. That's the equivalent of getting two 4* ships opened right away.
  • AlphaKlaus wrote: »
    Really like this guide.

I always collect them. Crystals are the key to keep moving in this game. I have been pumping them into Cantina energy mostly to speed up Ezra, Hera and the 2x Geo farms. Just now I am starting to use them on normal energy as I don't level as fast (so not getting as much bonus energy) and I am needing to put some energy into gear.

I'm not too worried about the GW hoard, right now about 4800 GW token saved up, just hit level 54 today so probably about a week off of opening fleet. Harder and harder to full clear GW, but if I can get 1000 average GW tokens a day for the next week that puts me about 16000 saved up by the time I hit fleet. That's the equivalent of getting two 4* ships opened right away.

In this case, I disagree completely. I would not collect dailies, as it speeds up your lvling up. This is bad for the following reasons:
    1. Hoard more tokens
    2. Use more Hard Nodes and Cantina nodes for farming before reaching certain lvl milestones
    3. Being more prepared for squad and fleet arenas before you are put into a shard.
  • Tyrael
    65 posts Member
    I can see the benefit of not collecting before level 28.
    I am curious how far behind your squad arena you get if you don't collect from 28-60, although I expect you would dominate fleet arena and GAC too once you hit 85.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    AlphaKlaus wrote: »
    Really like this guide.

In this case, I disagree completely. I would not collect dailies, as it speeds up your lvling up. This is bad for the following reasons:
    1. Hoard more tokens
    2. Use more Hard Nodes and Cantina nodes for farming before reaching certain lvl milestones
    3. Being more prepared for squad and fleet arenas before you are put into a shard.

I understand the reasoning behind stalling before unlocking squad arena but if you stall after that you will only hurt yourself in squad arena.
  • Well I hit level 30 on Day 1 of the alt, so would have been no point trying to avoid dailies to delay getting put in a Squad Arena shard. I think it's all about trying to time a new shard. So if you know one is going to start, then start up an alt and you should get in early. Anyway, you won't be getting much higher than rank 200 as f2p for a while (especially if you go PS route) even with a new shard.

Then, if you try to not collect dailies from 27 to 60, I think it will hurt your progress because you won't have the extra crystals to pump into energy refreshes early to speed up farms. Yeah, you could hoard more GW currency for fleet, but if you are smart about it anyway I don't think it will set you back much. If anything, instead of trying to get Zeb to 6 or 7* early, just get him like 3 or 4 then start hoarding. I took him to 6* and stopped and have been hoarding since, but since GW got more challenging I only have about 5k saved up and am at level 55 now. So maybe a week off of fleet opening and can get to around 12-15k max GW most likely. That's two 4* ships from the start, which I don't think is too bad.
  • Well I hit level 30 on Day 1 of the alt, so would have been no point trying to avoid dailies to delay getting put in a Squad Arena shard. I think it's all about trying to time a new shard. So if you know one is going to start, then start up an alt and you should get in early. Anyway, you won't be getting much higher than rank 200 as f2p for a while (especially if you go PS route) even with a new shard.

Then, if you try to not collect dailies from 27 to 60, I think it will hurt your progress because you won't have the extra crystals to pump into energy refreshes early to speed up farms. Yeah, you could hoard more GW currency for fleet, but if you are smart about it anyway I don't think it will set you back much. If anything, instead of trying to get Zeb to 6 or 7* early, just get him like 3 or 4 then start hoarding. I took him to 6* and stopped and have been hoarding since, but since GW got more challenging I only have about 5k saved up and am at level 55 now. So maybe a week off of fleet opening and can get to around 12-15k max GW most likely. That's two 4* ships from the start, which I don't think is too bad.

Agree. The extra hoarding may help a little but with the ship credit bottleneck, it would be limited.

On my alt account, I got into the top 50 pretty quickly with no hoarding and settled in there. Just too many whale with negotiator and maloveloence to get too much higher. Unfortunately there is no hoarding for that ftp. The get 2 crunch is real.

I personally decided to go negotiator because that gives me a ls fleet as well and the ship currency isn't the bottleneck for a 2nd fleet and most of the gr pilots need geared anyway for other things.
  • Intimmydation
    679 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Week 3 Update

8xbog143jsxu.png
    • Thrawn & Palpatine have been unlocked at 5* !!!
    • Getting close to unlocking fleet, but GW progress has been slower than planned, just under 6000 GW tokens hoarded. I probably have ~5 more days until I hit level 60, so hoping I can progress and get a few clears in this time.
    • Geo Spy should be 5* soon, and then with the daily login rewards that's a free 6th star by end of this month. So 100 shards after to farm
    • Geo Solider stopped at 5* for now, but will start bringing him up again
    • Only 2/5 of my PS are at g7 right now, need to bring the rest up to that level, then
    • Start to gear the 2x Geo pilots so they are ready for when fleet opens
    • Farming Tarkin from the Squad store now that Kanan is 7*
    • Ahsoka from the Cantina store since
    • 5x Scoundrels being used are Boba, Mando, Greef, ST Han & Lando for the Credit Heist events
    • Starting to do 2x normal energy refreshes per day, plus 1 cantina refresh...so total of 200 crystals used each day. By doing some of the legendary Journey Events I've been able to get bonus crystals
  • Tyrael
    65 posts Member
    What ships are you planning to use to get executrix to 5* and for the zeta challenge?