Updated New Player Farming Path by Intimmydation

Replies

• Tyrael wrote: »
    What ships are you planning to use to get executrix to 5* and for the zeta challenge?

Geo trio + Vulture Droid + ITF most likely. Will add Ahsoka for the zeta challenge.
    Saving all GW tokens now so I can start buying the Geo ships as soon as I hit level 60.
    Been farming Vulture droids using a daily refresh since I opened the node.
    ITF have some shards through events, will farm it as well from stores once available.

I will likely add the Hyena Bomber when I can start farming it, not sure on HT and Bossk yet because of the two nodes that would have to be farmed.
  • Where is the swgoh.gg link to the roster I would love to be able to check your progress daily @Intimmydation
  • Intimmydation
    679 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Shuster123 wrote: »
    Where is the swgoh.gg link to the roster I would love to be able to check your progress daily @Intimmydation

IntimmyD2 (alt) https://swgoh.gg/p/283735865/

Not sure why it gets cut from my signature. Also keep in mind I am not promoting all the characters as soon as I am able. If there is no immediate need I will leave them at current star and gear levels, but I am activating them (for achievement purposes) so you can at least see who I have been able to unlock so far.

Right now focus is just getting all PS to g7 and then onto g8 before I really start to focus on gearing other teams (except Geos who I will gear up for ships imminently).
    Post edited by Intimmydation on
  • Shuster123 wrote: »
    Where is the swgoh.gg link to the roster I would love to be able to check your progress daily @Intimmydation

Not sure why it gets cut from my signature. Also keep in mind I am not promoting all the characters as soon as I am able. If there is no immediate need I will leave them at current star and gear levels, but I am activating them (for achievement purposes) so you can at least see who I have been able to unlock so far.

Right now focus is just getting all PS to g7 and then onto g8 before I really start to focus on gearing other teams (except Geos who I will gear up for ships imminently).
    thanks for the update just curious there is a chart on page one are you gonna update it cause its really usefull to see who you are done farming and whatnot

• Shuster123 wrote: »
    Shuster123 wrote: »

thanks for the update just curious there is a chart on page one are you gonna update it cause its really usefull to see who you are done farming and whatnot

Ah, here's the updated one. Right now because a lot of these hard nodes are cheap, and with the bonus energy from leveling up I can farm quite a bit. So characters like Greef & Mando are passively farmed if I have leftover energy (though really need to throw that into gear).

eol3n9ewynjp.png

eqyw827om63g.png

This might be a better summary looking at the energy available per day (with refreshes) and the amount spent.
    5417a631t29b.png

You'll see there is 115 energy available still, so this is what goes to Greef / Mando / gear
  • @Intimmydation i didn't want to hijack your thread so i made a new post. If you want answer there.
  • A well thought out guide!
    I have the same problem as ALL the new players with GW.
    The more you upgrade the harder GW becomes.
    I'm almost lvl 85 and I have only finished GW 14 times.
    You need 50 wins and level 85 to sim GW
    Lot of times I almost quit because of GW.
    Try killing a zombie with phoenix or KRU or arc trooper with phoenix.
    The developers can fix GW easy with allies or spread the currency evenly over 12 nodes
    For example you can't get passed node 9 but you still get 900 currency.
    Introducing allies to help with GW is not overpowering because you are going to sim GW eventually and the "rewards" are not that spectacular.
    Sorry for the rant just blowing of some steam.
  • culealex
    57 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    This is a brilliant guide! I started an alt account 10 days before you and followed more or less the same path. Hate to break it, but Sun Fac SF does not turn up in the GW store so I had problems spending all the GW currency I have hoarded and started buying Poggle shards as long as I was over 4000 GW tokens.

Also, my Phoenix squad I am almost kicked out of top 500 in Area, so I had to start gearing Imp Troopers (simultaneously to my three Geo pilots) earlier than planned to soon be ready to replace PS in arena.

Looking forward to follow the continuation of your journey!

https://swgoh.gg/p/293462678/
  • @SidVicious444

Yeah GW has it's phases where it is easy to clear, and then impossible. Getting those 50 clears so you can sim probably takes closer to 100 days at least, but it's so nice once it's over.

There are however a few teams that work well in GW. Phoenix is one of them, surprisingly, except when you go against characters who have a high regen rate like KRU. I got stuck against a KRU & 4 others a couple days ago. I finally managed to take out 4 others w/o losing any PS members, but then was literally impossible to get KRU under 75% health. Just left it on auto for like 20 mins and no progress or loss.

Jedi under Bastilla is also a great team, because you get that full bonus protection at the start of each battle. DS teams w/o the regen are more difficult, though they are nice to bring in for 1 battle here and there to get damage dealt quickly. Then you can switch back to your "sustain" teams.
  • culealex wrote: »
    This is a brilliant guide! I started an alt account 10 days before you and followed more or less the same path. Hate to break it, but Sun Fac SF does not turn up in the GW store so I had problems spending all the GW currency I have hoarded and started buying Poggle shards as long as I was over 4000 GW tokens.

Also, my Phoenix squad I am almost kicked out of top 500 in Area, so I had to start gearing Imp Troopers (simultaneously to my three Geo pilots) earlier than planned to soon be ready to replace PS in arena.

Looking forward to follow the continuation of your journey!

https://swgoh.gg/p/293462678/

Yeah Sun Fac is a grind, I think you have to get him from the fleet store, both character and ship. I was only able to hoard about 9500 GW tokens, but so far no Geo ship has shown up (granted I've only unlocked fleet for 24 hours...but did manage to take #2 at my PO today since I think I got placed in a new shard...but that won't happen anymore).

Squad arena is tough early especially with PS, but don't sweat it. Just focus getting them all to 7* and g8, then you can switch focus. They are still great to use in GW though. It's no issue to gear Troopers or Geos early as you won't be wasting gear, it's just painful to try to get all that gear split between a couple of squads. So far I've neglected by Troopers, and have only geared PS and now the Geo pilots. I have a few high level allies to help carry through the LS/DS nodes for 3*, but will have to switch to Troopers soon I think (my PS is mostly g7).

Dark Trooper is really powerful early, and looks like you are going for him. I decided not too as I will go with Veers, Starck, Piett & Gideon (both single shard farms) and Range Trooper. I may go back for Dark, but really don't like so many single-shard farm hard nodes.
  • culealex
    57 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Yeah Sun Fac is a grind, I think you have to get him from the fleet store, both character and ship. I was only able to hoard about 9500 GW tokens, but so far no Geo ship has shown up (granted I've only unlocked fleet for 24 hours...but did manage to take #2 at my PO today since I think I got placed in a new shard...but that won't happen anymore).
    Yeah, I focus my GW tokens on Soldier SF and Spy SF, and then try to buy shards for Sun Fac SF and Spy+Soldier+SunFac toon shards from the Fleet Arena store (along with Vader and Grievous, when they show up, ofc).
    Squad arena is tough early especially with PS, but don't sweat it. Just focus getting them all to 7* and g8, then you can switch focus. They are still great to use in GW though. It's no issue to gear Troopers or Geos early as you won't be wasting gear, it's just painful to try to get all that gear split between a couple of squads. So far I've neglected by Troopers, and have only geared PS and now the Geo pilots. I have a few high level allies to help carry through the LS/DS nodes for 3*, but will have to switch to Troopers soon I think (my PS is mostly g7).
    I actually disagree here. My PS is strong enough to clear GW, so I don't need them 7* ad G8 right now (but will need later on). A more imminent need is to gear up my IT squad so that they can help me climb in Squad Arena. Also, I don't need a 7* Thrawn right now, Fleet Arena and Squad arena are higher priorities.
    Dark Trooper is really powerful early, and looks like you are going for him. I decided not too as I will go with Veers, Starck, Piett & Gideon (both single shard farms) and Range Trooper. I may go back for Dark, but really don't like so many single-shard farm hard nodes.
    This is a tricky one. I think an IT squad will need a dmg dealer, like Dark or Snow. But, at the same time, if you get the TM train rolling, it might be that the five IT you listed might be quick enough to get the job done.
  • @culealex
    I actually disagree here. My PS is strong enough to clear GW, so I don't need them 7* ad G8 right now (but will need later on). A more imminent need is to gear up my IT squad so that they can help me climb in Squad Arena. Also, I don't need a 7* Thrawn right now, Fleet Arena and Squad arena are higher priorities.

I only say to get them to 7* and g8 so you can be "finished" with them, but I have done the same thing. I only took Zeb & Hera to 6* (probably should have left Zeb at 5* to save GW), since I have other farms I want first (Geo pilots from cantina & ships from GW store). And, you can't even get a 7* Thrawn at our levels anyway, need to be at least 80 and probably 82. I'm just going to g8 on them so they can sustain GW for me, and then I don't have to worry about any gear on them for a long time (can't even get g8 at my level right now anyway though).

Just make sure Fleet arena is the #1 focus. Squad arena still going to be tough to get top 200 or 100 this early with how many HDB there are these days, but top 20 fleet is doable and gets you that income rolling in.
    This is a tricky one. I think an IT squad will need a dmg dealer, like Dark or Snow. But, at the same time, if you get the TM train rolling, it might be that the five IT you listed might be quick enough to get the job done.

Likely I will move Gideon to my Palp/Vader squad, and Dark is the ideal replacement, but for me I will wait until Piett is double drops and then go back for Dark. This may change as I see how things play out, but he truly is powerful. However, even with the lack of attacker, the IT squad I mentioned can do some serious damage. Gideon is fast and can strip TM from the enemy team to start, so you go first and then the TM starts rolling and you are fine. Snow is a good one too, but wouldn't actively farm him, just let him come to you thru bronziums as he is the most common drop.
  • I only say to get them to 7* and g8 so you can be "finished" with them, but I have done the same thing. I only took Zeb & Hera to 6* (probably should have left Zeb at 5* to save GW), since I have other farms I want first (Geo pilots from cantina & ships from GW store). And, you can't even get a 7* Thrawn at our levels anyway, need to be at least 80 and probably 82. I'm just going to g8 on them so they can sustain GW for me, and then I don't have to worry about any gear on them for a long time (can't even get g8 at my level right now anyway though).
    Taking PS from G7 to G8 will stall my development for Geo pilots and IT, so I will let PS wait until they are not 'stealing' gear from Geo & IT.
    Just make sure Fleet arena is the #1 focus. Squad arena still going to be tough to get top 200 or 100 this early with how many HDB there are these days, but top 20 fleet is doable and gets you that income rolling in.
    I entered Fleet arena at ~place 600 and have never managed to get into top 20. There are currently 30 HDB players in my fleet shard, but I believe I shall soon be ready to beat them, give it a week or two.
    Likely I will move Gideon to my Palp/Vader squad, and Dark is the ideal replacement, but for me I will wait until Piett is double drops and then go back for Dark. This may change as I see how things play out, but he truly is powerful. However, even with the lack of attacker, the IT squad I mentioned can do some serious damage. Gideon is fast and can strip TM from the enemy team to start, so you go first and then the TM starts rolling and you are fine. Snow is a good one too, but wouldn't actively farm him, just let him come to you thru bronziums as he is the most common drop.
    I was thinking the same, either move Gideon or Piett to an Empire squad. Piett especially is a long grind, but as you said, it will be better as soon as he's moved to double drop. That's a good point re Snow... just casually wait until I have 330 shards, and then take a decision whether he should be a placeholder for Piett in the meantime.

How do guys you view ships for the Ackbar challenge? (to be able to get better Fleet credit rewards). Should I farm Ghost and Phantom (together with Plo, Fives and Ahsoka ships), so that I will be able to use them for the Contraband Cargo event?

• Intimmydation
    679 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Week 4 Update - June 17

1qxmdmv8hmfs.png

Lots of progress this week as I pushed past level 60.
    • Fleet unlocked (brand new shard too!)
    • Placed #2 in my first day, #5 second day. Now at least 5 HDB will take over top 5 spots but should be able to take top 20 for foreseeable future
    • Bad luck on GW Geo ship drops so far, but hopefully they start to come
    • Beat tier 8 of Mod Battles (can now access Speed mod challenge tier)
    • Three stars on tier 3 of Health, CD, and CC mod challenges (5 dot mods yay!)

Current Farms (using new GUI) including ships

t9at58ce3aif.png
    xmx6s7d6irvq.png
    dgu1cwan13r2.png

Nice to get more crystals from Fleet!

How do you like the new GUI? I find it not really functional, but it might be too early to judge it.

It is very irritating when Geo ships seem to not pop up in GW store, patience is the name of the game.

I actually switched my Arena team already to Nute+Geos, and am able to climb a little bit higher than with PS, but it might be that Nute Geos will be pushed further down. What do you think, shall I do the 5th Squad Arena battle with PS or keep Nute+Geos?

Also, how do you view ships for the Ackbar challenge? (to be able to get better Fleet credit rewards). Should I farm Ghost and Phantom (together with Plo, Fives and Ahsoka ships), so that I will be able to use them for the Contraband Cargo event?
    Nice to get more crystals from Fleet!

How do you like the new GUI? I find it not really functional, but it might be too early to judge it.

It is very irritating when Geo ships seem to not pop up in GW store, patience is the name of the game.

I actually switched my Arena team already to Nute+Geos, and am able to climb a little bit higher than with PS, but it might be that Nute Geos will be pushed further down. What do you think, shall I do the 5th Squad Arena battle with PS or keep Nute+Geos?

Also, how do you view ships for the Ackbar challenge? (to be able to get better Fleet credit rewards). Should I farm Ghost and Phantom (together with Plo, Fives and Ahsoka ships), so that I will be able to use them for the Contraband Cargo event?

It was definitely a nice boost for 2 days to the crystal income. Will allow for 3x normal energy refreshes every day and 1-2 of either fleet or mod. I'm finished on the cantina refreshes for a while as everyone is at least 6* so will just let it play out to 7*

I like the new GUI, especially the squad management functionality. You can see from my screenshots how I laid out the farming plans, and being able to name each squad is nice. So I just split them for LS/DS hard nodes, cantina nodes, and the stores, then try to prioritize from left to right. And the fact you can click directly into a character from the squad tab is good (don't think you could do that before).

I may do the same for Arena at some point, but haven't started Poggle yet (nor Nute) and only about to unlock Sun Fac. But they will definitely be able to climb better. You could test it out whether you switch out last battle or not. If you need to win the battle to get into the next tier up of rewards, use Geos so you can win. If you're not going to go up a tier, then maybe set PS for defense. I wouldn't worry too much at this point though, fleet is where the focus is.

Hmm not sure on the Ackbar cargo ship challenge. I am not sure it's worth the grind for Ghost & Phantom (and gp bloat) just for that event. Anyway you can't farm those ships until the last LS tier anyway, and definitely don't spend any store currency on them. I'll have to look into what the benefit could be, but even the highest tier isn't a lot of ship credits. Long term you could use Slave I and HT (since you can build those anyway), then maybe Phantom (it's a decent ship for it's RI ability) plus 1 more (Like Lando's falcon which you can get from various events).
  • @Intimmydation is your guild having any inactives to kick out so i could join?
  • Terkac11 wrote: »
    @Intimmydation is your guild having any inactives to kick out so i could join?

I can check, not sure.
  • Intimmydation
    679 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Week 4 Update - June 24

9u6sbegcwn11.png
    • Sun Fac & Starfighter unlocked
    • Focus remains on fleet: Executrix with Geo trio starting with VD & Ahsoka as RI (JKA Eta2 will be next RI)
    • Trying to decide if I start farming the Imp TIE Bomber right now, since Hyena & HT are out of reach for a while
    • Phoenix all at g7, but progress on gearing slowed due to gearing up my pilots
    • Probably will take them all to g8, then start to switch over to another squad such as Imperial Troopers
    • Squad shard just over 1 month old and already there is a r8 SLKR!!
    • Got 7* on the following characters: Geo Soldier, Starck, & Tarkin. Will finish off Hera next as Geo Spy will be 7* in a few days with the login rewards. After Hera will move Gideo to Cantina farm to free up hard node

Current Farms including ships
    jkycjkk0zh0m.png
    orfedyu8o0mc.png
    ujw9eutr4dk9.png
    i5gcra2xx571.png
  • Gamera
    14 posts Member
    Thanks for doing this, very helpful to see the process done by someone who's already been through the grind. Could you maybe let us know which mods you feel are most important to have, i.e., Speed, Health, Defense? I'm sure it depends somewhat on the toon but I'm curious about which you think are most beneficial to which squad. Thanks!
    Thanks for the update!

Nice to get Sun Fac SF going, he's what can keep you alive until VD reinforcement. I guess you are also starting facing some HDB players that keep you out of top 20. I manage to get in top 20 maybe every 2nd day now, but it is very RNG dependent.

How's the switch in Squad Arena going, are you going to put IT there instead? If yes, which formation?

Checked your swgoh.gg and would like to leave a kind reminder to farm a fifth DS ship to 4* for the Tarkin Fleet Challenge, but as you have 40-50 days still, it should be no problem.

Thanks for the update!

Nice to get Sun Fac SF going, he's what can keep you alive until VD reinforcement. I guess you are also starting facing some HDB players that keep you out of top 20. I manage to get in top 20 maybe every 2nd day now, but it is very RNG dependent.

How's the switch in Squad Arena going, are you going to put IT there instead? If yes, which formation?

Checked your swgoh.gg and would like to leave a kind reminder to farm a fifth DS ship to 4* for the Tarkin Fleet Challenge, but as you have 40-50 days still, it should be no problem.

Top 25 is all HDB right now, and there are 3 of us f2p that are taking the top non-HDB spot daily (running similar fleets). SF is helping, been experimenting on optimal lineup, seeing if it was better to bring him in as RI for the stun, which would mean starting Ahsoka. I think the best is just Geo trio starting then VD then Ahsoka for now.

ITF is 17/25 towards 3* and will keep farming the fleet node for it to bring to 4* for the Tarkin challenge (have 4* Executrix now). Now the issue is trying to keep the starting ships maxed with the limited ship materials I I have. They are still 2-3 levels below my max level (but pilots are maxed).

Outside of Geo trio + VD, trying to decide what other 2 ships I really want to invest in for the early fleet. Ahsoka is nice for the dispel, and I have JKA Eta2 which is a powerful ship and JKA will likely be one of my early relic'd characters. But, there is also the problem of the tank. Hyena Bomber nor HT are not available yet, so I could start farming Imperial TIE bomber, but that takes up hard node energy from other farms, so maybe just thinking to wait until HB and anyway use brute offensive force to climb with the Geo fleet for a while.
  • Gamera wrote: »
    Thanks for doing this, very helpful to see the process done by someone who's already been through the grind. Could you maybe let us know which mods you feel are most important to have, i.e., Speed, Health, Defense? I'm sure it depends somewhat on the toon but I'm curious about which you think are most beneficial to which squad. Thanks!

Mainly I am farming 5* Speed mods but haven't landed any great ones yet. Then 5* Health and Crit Chance as filler sets. I think Speed set will give the most overall benefit early, but will also try to fit in Crit Dmg and Offense. I will put together a mod farming calendar for the days of the week. Right now not using any energy refreshes for mods.

Using 3x normal energy refresh + 1 fleet energy refresh per day.
  • @culealex beat my first HDB player today in fleet....sitting at #20 right now but 50 mins until PO, let's see if it holds.
  • Terkac11
    79 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    @Intimmydation i think it's debatable if a new f2p player should bother with ships at all, HDB players slowly but steady are taking over my shard, there's no chance an f2p to win them. I struggle to keep up and i use resources that normally would go to toons.
    Personally i won't bother with ships at all if i ever start a new game or i 'll buy HDB.
    Btw Executrix is very bad, maybe maxed out is a good capital but in lower lvls comparing to Mace and Ackbar loses hands down. In my shard 90% are Ackbar and Mace capital ships.
  • Arva
    80 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Terkac11 wrote: »
    @Intimmydation i think it's debatable if a new f2p player should bother with ships at all, HDB players slowly but steady are taking over my shard, there's no chance an f2p to win them. I struggle to keep up and i use resources that normally would go to toons.
    Personally i won't bother with ships at all if i ever start a new game or i 'll buy HDB.
    Btw Executrix is very bad, maybe maxed out is a good capital but in lower lvls comparing to Mace and Ackbar loses hands down. In my shard 90% are Ackbar and Mace capital ships.

So yes, fresh after getting fleet unlocked, you wont do that great for a while, but if you keep focusing fleet and your pilots, at lvl 80 you will start pushing again into the higher ranks and get the crystals. Mind you, during the leveling process, you will rarely get good placements in any arena type.

and then once you hit 80-85, thats when fleet becomes the main source of crystal income for f2p players (lets be very clear, if you dont spend, it will potentially take a year or longer till you can even smell the top 20 in squad arena, vs getting top 5 in ships is possible pretty much directly after 85)

And if you dont focus on fleet, its harder to catch up in other areas, becouse having potentially 200-400 more crystals per day is a insane amount of extra ressources. And believe me, if you dont get thoose, you will basically never catch up in squad arena. So focus fleet as soon as you can, becouse otherwise you will start lagging behind more and more, and the game doesnt have any catch up mechanics. So either keep up with it, or you wont be competitive at all.
  • @culealex beat my first HDB player today in fleet....sitting at #20 right now but 50 mins until PO, let's see if it holds.
    It went well, I saw. Congrats! A small victory every day when we non-HDB can sneak into top 20.

Don't know if I'm overthinking ships, but I am still considering which LS ships to go for in order to be able to max out the Ship Credit challenge (need 5 LS ships to get AA ship to 5*) and is leaning against Ahsoka, JKA, Plo and the two Phoenix ships. The PS ships are not that useful outside of a AA fleet, but they will help to complete the Contraband event which will give ships shards and Prestige mats, and later also Ship omegas.

Anyone of you guys thinking in these lanes?

• Arva wrote: »
    Terkac11 wrote: »

So yes, fresh after getting fleet unlocked, you wont do that great for a while, but if you keep focusing fleet and your pilots, at lvl 80 you will start pushing again into the higher ranks and get the crystals. Mind you, during the leveling process, you will rarely get good placements in any arena type.

and then once you hit 80-85, thats when fleet becomes the main source of crystal income for f2p players (lets be very clear, if you dont spend, it will potentially take a year or longer till you can even smell the top 20 in squad arena, vs getting top 5 in ships is possible pretty much directly after 85)

And if you dont focus on fleet, its harder to catch up in other areas, becouse having potentially 200-400 more crystals per day is a insane amount of extra ressources. And believe me, if you dont get thoose, you will basically never catch up in squad arena. So focus fleet as soon as you can, becouse otherwise you will start lagging behind more and more, and the game doesnt have any catch up mechanics. So either keep up with it, or you wont be competitive at all.

That is true to an extent. Fleet arena isn't the easy source of crystal income it used to be early game. The hyperdrive bundle locks you out of the top 20 early on.

I agree that you can eventually catch up but by the time you reach level 85, the whales will still have ships with much more power than yours. About the time you 7 star your first capital ship, the malevolence and negotiator start showing up.

In my alt account almost a year in, I can typically get in the teens and occasionally a path to the top 10. But it isn't a 1st everyday after a year.

In the same amount of time, I'm in the top 50 of the other arena. So, fleet you can place slightly higher but the top 50 of arena pays as many crystals as the top 20 of fleet.

I didn't hoard for ships early but I don't think that makes a ton of difference after the first couple of weeks. As this post shows, you are quickly limited by ship credits not stars and it's easy enough to catch up on stars without hoarding.

My best advice is to not ignore either arena. Try and do the best you can on both and the combined crystals from both will be more than the crystals if you only focus on one of them.

On my alt, I'm currently working on GL counters for arena and negotiator for fleet. Once I get those, I should be able to climb to 1st in both (though probably with some refreshes needed). The two goals don't really interfere that much with each other anyway.
    Don't know if I'm overthinking ships, but I am still considering which LS ships to go for in order to be able to max out the Ship Credit challenge (need 5 LS ships to get AA ship to 5*) and is leaning against Ahsoka, JKA, Plo and the two Phoenix ships. The PS ships are not that useful outside of a AA fleet, but they will help to complete the Contraband event which will give ships shards and Prestige mats, and later also Ship omegas.

Anyone of you guys thinking in these lanes?

I wouldn't worry about building LS ships now, at least not 5 of them. Ship resources are going to be too scarce and you will not even have enough to keep your main 3 starting ships at max levels for a while (which should be Geo trio). Keep the focus on building the 5x DS ships needed for the zeta challenge (Geos x3 + VD + 1 other) and 1 LS ship to supplement.

Now, the 3 GR ships you mentioned are the 3 I'd start building when I got around to it (for me I am building Ahsoka now as my 6th ship, but also farming JKA). Phantom is a decent ship for it's reinforcement ability, so it's good to have at some point, just not sure when that will be. Ghost is not a great ship, just a huge GP sink. I'd rather have Biggs & Cassian for Rebel ships, but Ghost can be used for the CC event (again not sure how early you should start farming it).
  • Terkac11 wrote: »

I'm with @Arva on this one, keep with the fleet you will get there. Yes the HDB will shoot up to the top 20 once they join the shard, but many of them won't put effort into fleet and you will overtake them soon enough. You will see most are using Ghost & Phantom because they have the most "power" but they won't develop the pilots (which you shouldn't past g8 on those ships anyway). AND you will notice many HDB players don't even mod their pilots.

So, even if their "power" is nearly double yours, you will be able to beat them sooner rather than later, especially those who neglect fleet.

Plus, if you go the way of the Geo fleet, you are going to be building those pilots anyway for Squad usage as they are a key team in a few different areas (TW, GAC and most importantly DS Geo TB for Wat).

Like I said, I beat a HDB fleet yesterday when I was level 69 (only like level 67 ships)....so in a few more levels it will become even more consistent.

There are 20,000 players to compete against in Squad Arena (which is where more people focus), and only 1,000 in the fleet shards. Yeah top 50 squad is the same crystal income as top 20 fleet...but I guarantee you will be able to get top 5 in fleet faster than you will get top 50 in squad as a f2p.