Best data discs in conquest now?

Prev1
LordDirt
5003 posts Member
Please enlighten me.
Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?

Replies

• Options
    It's not one, it requires few disk to work, I'm afraid they will nerf it if we talk about it lol
  • LordDirt
    5003 posts Member
    Options
    DM me B)
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    The trade off from the three they removed is horrible
  • MasterSeedy
    5037 posts Member
    Options
    Is there a list of the current possible data disks? If so, can someone please paste or link it? It's kind of hard to theory craft about the best ones without knowing which ones exist.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    DM me B)

Don't forget to ask for a gg link.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    The trade off from the three they removed is horrible
    This is the first I've heard of this and must be why I've only seen crap discs in Sector 1 of HM.

Which three did they remove? Did they make a post on it?

• Zumwan
    357 posts Member
    Options
    Given that Deployable Cooling Systems is no longer a thing, Offensive buffs, defensive buffs, and Stacking Offense (whenever an ally gains a buff, they also gain x% Offense Stacking) seems like a pretty good combo. Pretty quickly everyone ends up with a lot of offense.
  • TargetEadu
    1550 posts Member
    Options
    I believe they removed Deployable Cooling Systems, Quickening, and Dread. Each have been replaced by a new one, but I haven’t seen any of those yet.
  • Zumwan
    357 posts Member
    Options
    @Darth_Keith it was in the latest Road Ahead post:

Deployable Cooldown Systems, Dread and Quickening will be replaced with Entrenched, Convor's Agility and Future Vision
  • TargetEadu
    1550 posts Member
    Options
    And yes, they made a post about it. I think it was mentioned (briefly) in the Road Ahead.
  • MasterSeedy
    5037 posts Member
    Options
    If they were going to remove anything, it would have been the cool down reduction disks.

I'm actually okay with that if they tone down the speed of enemy toons slightly, We don't need infinite loops if the game gives us a chance to take a turn. And while I have no measurements to show that they've turned down the speed, they're certainly no faster and it feels like it's easier for my toons to get in the first shot or two. Maybe the did, who knows? I'd much rather have a back & forth battle than one in which it's all about who goes first with the other side never getting a turn. I can search for speed disks and remod for every battle, but that's tedious.

No infinite loops, no impossible enemy speeds. Fair.
  • Zumwan
    357 posts Member
    Options
    @MasterSeedy I found this list https://wiki.swgoh.help/wiki/Conquest#List_of_Data_Disks
    The 3 removed ones are still there, but the 3 new ones are there as well.
  • Options
    Zumwan wrote: »
    @Darth_Keith it was in the latest Road Ahead post:

Deployable Cooldown Systems, Dread and Quickening will be replaced with Entrenched, Convor's Agility and Future Vision
    I found it, thanks. The they way worded it though, have they removed those permanently or could they come back at a later time? Removing Deployable Cooling Systems is going to make things much more difficult.

• MasterSeedy
    5037 posts Member
    Options
    @Zumwan

Thanks!

Still not sure which ones were removed... I'm guessing TM on buff and Cooldown reduction are two of them.

I saw the new ones. I have to say Future Vision is the most laughably stupid disk I've yet seen. 4 slots to dodge one attack every few turns, when I can have CritImmunity and other defensive buffs for 2 slots? That's going to reduce incoming damage a lot more than gaining Foresight a couple times per battle per character.

Honestly, if that's accurate, I'm finding it hard to take CG's designers' update efforts seriously.
  • TargetEadu
    1550 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah... for every 10 buffs, you can either 1) deal Massive Damage on your next attack or 2) gain Foresight. That’s... really bad. I get why Dread was broken compared to the other 3 purples but that’s not even remotely balanced.

Relentless Meta it is...
  • Options
    The defensive buffs still expire at the end of the turn you gain then, so only any good for counters.

Ten buffs just means a offensive buffs disk, a defensive buffs disk and a hot disk, then you get foresight every turn. So might work? Plus convor giving tm on the dodge.
  • MasterSeedy
    5037 posts Member
    Options
    Removing Deployable Cooling Systems is going to make things much more difficult.

Removing quickening is going to make things much, MUCH more difficult. With a Han Solo that can shoot first, then keep shooting as long as one of the last two shots was a crit, and keep going and keep going, running into a CLS squad with no way to outpace their Han means RNG can clear two of your characters from the board before you can move.

The only fair thing to do would be to have the Defensive Buffs disks activate at start of battle and then again at the beginning of every ally turn (for that ally only)... unless the speeds are no longer insane, but I'm betting the speeds are still insane.

• Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah I figured the new disks wouldn’t offer near what the removed disks would. Shouldn’t matter for my main, but it might matter for my alt account.
  • Options
    @Zumwan

Thanks!

Still not sure which ones were removed... I'm guessing TM on buff and Cooldown reduction are two of them.

I saw the new ones. I have to say Future Vision is the most laughably stupid disk I've yet seen. 4 slots to dodge one attack every few turns, when I can have CritImmunity and other defensive buffs for 2 slots? That's going to reduce incoming damage a lot more than gaining Foresight a couple times per battle per character.

Honestly, if that's accurate, I'm finding it hard to take CG's designers' update efforts seriously.

The foresight one will definitely help with the evasion feats though. So it has it's use.
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    Options
    I have been running Zealous Ambition and Vitality to pretty good effect. I had my R5 FOO hit for 200k with a special and GMY definitely hits harder. Since they added Support to Zealous Ambition, it gives a nice offensive boost to some pretty great characters like GMY, Piett and most of the Empire honestly.
  • MasterSeedy
    5037 posts Member
    Options
    The foresight one will definitely help with the evasion feats though. So it has it's use.

That's a fair point. I don't need it because Rey + BB8 & JTR will get those feats done in a hurry without that disk, but not everyone has Rey.

My big objection to it is that it uses 4 slots. That's a HUGE waste. You can have auto buff + stacking offense with one slot left over for that price.
  • Options

That's a fair point. I don't need it because Rey + BB8 & JTR will get those feats done in a hurry without that disk, but not everyone has Rey.

My big objection to it is that it uses 4 slots. That's a HUGE waste. You can have auto buff + stacking offense with one slot left over for that price.

I usually stick gmy or hoda in my padme team and try to stall and it gets the job done. But with stamina it takes a lot of battles and with other full jedi feats coordination of the feats can take a couple days. So just adding a data disk can be a better option.

I never even thought of resistance. Mine are mostly g12 so probably not too useful.
  • MasterSeedy
    5037 posts Member
    Options
    @DarkHelmet1138

Yeah, the trick with Resistance is that Rey gives 5% MasteryUP to all Resistance toons that have Inspired every single time an enemy gains TM.

With Ewoks, they're constantly gaining small amounts of TM. Although that can make them dangerous, it also boosts JTR's mastery through the roof.

Since JTR's mastery kit provides %Evasion, pretty soon JTR's dodge is way over 100% even without foresight.

If R2 is on the squad, you gain additional survivability until that point is reached, but also you can smokescreen everyone other than JTR so that the little murderbears are forced to attack JTR every time.

They keep attacking and missing and driving JTR's evasion towards infinity while giving Rey extra damage from her mastery.

In the old conquest R2 would also reset his cool downs so he could keep refreshing the smokescreen every turn, but without cooldown reset you still have a hugely viable strategy. Once you're at a point where you've got however many dodges you need, Rey can start using whirlwind (you usually get one during the opening barrage, so you've got it saved up... probably) or her Ult.

it's incredibly hard to lose the battle. The same theory also works vs. Geos, but b/c of Spy's instance damage, it's possible to have the bugs kill your Rey. Not terribly likely, but possible. If that happens, then you probably still have JTR (because they would have had to focus on Rey early), but against Geos she just can't get enough damage to do anything. They equalize, heal, survive, and attack another 80 times. All misses, but it doesn't matter. You're almost certainly going to time out. Your only chance at that point is if you have auto buffs and stacking offense. Put on autoplay/basic only and wait until she starts oneshotting toons. Once she can to that, you take it off autoplay, wait for your turn, use Mind Tricks to remove taunt & hope you get a turn with no taunt up. (very hard to do b/c of TM jumping, but possible).

And, of course, you can use the same strategy against other TM jumping teams, but there aren't many squads that gain as much TM as Ewoks & Geos, so it works best against them.
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    Options
    I've gotta say, stacking Zealous Ambition feels like the best strategy now if you've got a decent roster.
    GMY hitting for 200k+/turn is hilarious, and BSF can aoe for 200k if she hits someone shocked - Full team wipe after 2-3 turns, easily.

Also buffs Shaaktroopers (shaak ti, rex and echo are all support) and a ton of empire chars (thrawn will generally 1-shot with fracture instead of actually fracturing)

Other notables include GBA, Palp, Padme, Traya, BB8/R2 (BB8 countering for 100k is fun), Ventress and Talzin, (and daka, healer), several ewoks, almost all imperial "officers", Hux/FOO, Kuiil/IG - MOST people should have one of these teams properly built. I mean, you're looking at JKR/Padme/DR/Imp troopers/Vader/Ewoks/NS/FO/JTR/Clones/Geos/MonMot, that's almost every relevant team in the game other than CLS, who could technically run R2.

I'm running 2 ZA, offensive buffs, the potency stacking one (for vader mainly), 2 entrenched and 1 decay TM and most fights so far have felt REALLY easy. I mean, GMY literally kills someone every time he takes a turn OR is called to assist. My JKR team feels stronger than my GL rey team.
  • MasterSeedy
    5037 posts Member
    Options
    stacking Zealous Ambition feels like the best strategy now if you've got a decent roster.

It used to be healers only, which didn't apply to many toons. Now it's healers and supports, according to the in game text.
    2xZA + 1xPerseverence means that GMY acts then calls himself as an assist. A basic against someone with Green health will give GMY +80% TM, even without any TM on Buff disks. (Gaining 2x Foresight would boost it to 90%)

That uses 7 slots (8 with TM on buff disk). Still some nice room for customization after that.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I took a blue and a green Conor's Agility for a combined 13% dodge and..... I forget how much TM on a dodge. My best teams get foresight or have high evasion anyway, so it's basically free TM on most attacks. Been doing alright so far, but I'm going to try doing this without refreshes so I'm not very far yet. Plenty of time, though.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Solus_Imperius
    232 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    A mix of the Enemy health dropping under 100% with Buff oriented ones
    I have turn meter gain and offense on enemies hitting under 100% (Plus the armor shred healing immunity one)
    With +%Offense per buff (HoTs and Offensive Buffs per turn)

Han shooting first guarantees first moves other than when facing a GL
    Other fast characters like Echo, Rex, Gideon, Hoda get the train started

This combo basically makes all teams TM Train like Troopers
  • Options
    I'm hesitant about taking any Data Disk that gives me TM, because that means I can't use my SLKR anymore and he's my only GL. SLKR kills his own team with all the TM gain. And I don't want to pay to change datadisks all the time...
    Last time I barely needed to use SLKR though, so maybe i can do most of my fights without him? But we don't have Deployable Cooling Systems and Quickening anymore so the fights will be much harder. Hmmmm...
  • Options
    Can someone update me on best DISK COMBOS for CONQUEST 13? I asked elsewhere, but here seemed a better place...