Commander Ahsoka Shards Cost

Prev13456710
Link64
52 posts Member
So I understand that if we max out conquest three times and buy all available shards we can unlock 7-star CAT.

I just saw the first shards available for purchase on Sector 2. 5 shards for 550 currency. Meaning it will take 2200 currency each Conquest to get Ahsoka as fast as possible.

Isn’t the maximum possible 2100? 13 nodes per sector at 20 currency per node plus 10 for each of the 5 bosses and 750 from tickets?

Are we supposed to give up on 7-star Razor Crest then? If we keep cycling in new characters and ships every three Conquests are all the other possible rewards just pointless if you want the characters?

I understand having to pick and choose rewards but it just seems strange to have tons of things to spend on and then tell players to ignore it all if they want the new characters. I mean, if you were starting at zero currency, it’s not even possible for you to buy all available shards of Ahsoka it seems. Am I missing something?

Replies

• No need to give up on razor crest, I don’t think?
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Link64 wrote: »
    So I understand that if we max out conquest three times and buy all available shards we can unlock 7-star CAT.

I just saw the first shards available for purchase on Sector 2. 5 shards for 550 currency. Meaning it will take 2200 currency each Conquest to get Ahsoka as fast as possible.

Isn’t the maximum possible 2100? 13 nodes per sector at 20 currency per node plus 10 for each of the 5 bosses and 750 from tickets?

Are we supposed to give up on 7-star Razor Crest then? If we keep cycling in new characters and ships every three Conquests are all the other possible rewards just pointless if you want the characters?

I understand having to pick and choose rewards but it just seems strange to have tons of things to spend on and then tell players to ignore it all if they want the new characters. I mean, if you were starting at zero currency, it’s not even possible for you to buy all available shards of Ahsoka it seems. Am I missing something?

Not everyone will unlock her on day 1. Game is about choices and resource management.
  • Link64
    52 posts Member
    I mean in terms of getting the Razor Crest as fast as possible. Gotta give up on that goal to do the other. I have 175 shard to go for 7-star Crest. I’ll get 132 from the next three conquests if I max the box. But then they’re removing Razor Crest from the boxes and adding it to the Conquest Shipments (at least that’s the stated plan for now).

If there’s a new character to chase at that point, I still wouldn’t have spare currency to finish it. At least with Ahsoka we get her at 7-stars and there’s no further shards to get for her after three conquests.
  • It’s 14 per sector for 2150 currency per conquest. So you’re correct unless you started the conquest with more than 150 currency you can’t unlock tano after three. Yes this game is about choices and resource management but I would have hoped cg would have priced the shards so no hoarding was needed. This is especially true considering they capped currency to discourage hoarding and rc had followed a pattern of 75ish percent of your currency being needed to buy all shards. I’ll survive not unlocking tano after three but this leaves a little bitter taste.
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    Unless we get more than that from bosses, I guess.

Otherwise, thanks for pointing out that I should spend no more than 784 on RC blueprints for the next three conquests. Shouldn't have spent that 75 on stun guns the other day I guess.
  • I think CG needs to change the wording to 4 conquest not 3, because it's impossible to get her unless you had 150 currency from last month, seems bit miss leading don't you all agree ?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I think CG needs to change the wording to 4 conquest not 3, because it's impossible to get her unless you had 150 currency from last month, seems bit miss leading don't you all agree ?

Nope.

It is 100% possible to unlock her in 3 runs.
  • TargetEadu
    1538 posts Member
    Wouldn’t you need 3 x 150 = 450?
  • Kyno wrote: »
    I think CG needs to change the wording to 4 conquest not 3, because it's impossible to get her unless you had 150 currency from last month, seems bit miss leading don't you all agree ?

Nope.

Oh please show me the math says no
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    TargetEadu wrote: »

you will be 50 currency short each run

3 runs = 150
  • Link64
    52 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    TargetEadu wrote: »

you will be 50 currency short each run

3 runs = 150

Plus however much you need for boosts and swapping data disks.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Nope.

They said:
    you will be able to unlock Commander Ahsoka at 7* after 3 Hard Conquests if you are earning the maximum reward crate and purchase her shards from merchants.

Which is true, as long as you have 150 currency hoarded ahead of time

They never said you can unlock her at 7* from 0 currency at hand before the first run of the three conquests

You can always 7* her in the middle of the 4th conquest run by buying her from merchant node aka 2 weeks after the first wave of unlocks which is not that bad
  • 90 x 3 = 270
    5 x 12 = 60
    12 x 550 = 6600 currency
    6600 ÷ 2150 =3.07
    So yes you can not get ahsoka in 3 months you will be 150 points short
  • You’re short 50 per conquest so it’s 3 x 50. While kyno is correct it’s possible as usual he is leaving out the part that reflects poorly against cg which is if you were hoarding some even though cg was actively encouraging you not to with design elements.
  • Ultra wrote: »

Nope.

They said:
    you will be able to unlock Commander Ahsoka at 7* after 3 Hard Conquests if you are earning the maximum reward crate and purchase her shards from merchants.

They never said you can unlock her at 7* from 0 currency at hand before the first run of the three conquests

You can always 7* her in the middle of the 4th conquest run by buying her from merchant node aka 2 weeks after the first wave of unlocks which is not that bad

They didn't say you needed extra currency from previous months, you also can't buy any extra consumables or swap out your disks.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Nope.

You have seen the math, it is 100% possible for players to unlock her in 3 runs. As always its helpful to manage your resources.
  • UdalCuain
    5008 posts Member
    90 x 3 = 270
    5 x 12 = 60
    12 x 550 = 6600 currency
    6600 ÷ 2150 =3.07
    So yes you can not get ahsoka in 3 months you will be 150 points short

But you can if you had 150 CC already
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    edited May 2021
    Ultra wrote: »

Nope.

They said:

They didn't say you needed extra currency from previous months, you also can't buy any extra consumables or swap out your disks.

Yes you can

Its up to you how you manage(d) your resources

You can still 7* unlock her with swapping disks and getting consumables
  • Kyno wrote: »

Nope.

You have seen the math, it is 100% possible for players to unlock her in 3 runs. As always its helpful to manage your resources.

They put a cap on how much currency you can keep to make sure no one hoardes, then they add a new character but magically increas it's price by 50 currency
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    Also want to point out that with just Max box, you will be 47 short on 7* Razor Crest this month. So unless you started with 2550 (or more allowing for disc swap and consumables) you will have to pick one. If you want to do CAT, maybe just skip all RC and pick up 47 shards when it's farmable. Hoarding tickets seems like a more valuable option.
  • 2150 is max amount of currency possible, I like everyone else spend 2k of it on this 🗑 lx2x8ea4ncnb.jpg
    And the other 150 on swapping disks and boosters.
    All this has done make the people who blitzed through the conquest on the month that they tool it down huge leg up seems messed up
  • And they put a cap on how much currency you can have so you can't just sit on the extra currency and wait till there is a better option to spend it on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited May 2021

Nope.

They put a cap on how much currency you can keep to make sure no one hoardes, then they add a new character but magically increas it's price by 50 currency

They posted about purchasing from the store, and you did think you should make sure and save a little until all the details are known. I know planning and patience can be hard, but it is good practice to always fold up some money for a rainy day.
  • Konju
    1175 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    does anyone have the cadence on how the Conquest shards work after the 3rd Conquest of their release? Will CAT show up in end rewards similar to RC is right now in the 4th run?

If she shows up like RC, then I’ll just hoard the currency now
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    edited May 2021
    Konju wrote: »
    does anyone have the cadence on how the Conquest shards work after the 3rd Conquest of their release? Will CAT show up in end rewards similar to RC is right now in the 4th run?

If she shows up like RC, then I’ll just hoard the currency now

Yes. She'll show up like RC is right now on the 4th conquest from now

You can unlock her asap 2 weeks after the third conquest run of CAT ends, through merchant nodes
  • MasterSeedy
    5035 posts Member
    Meh, unlock her in the middle of the 4th if I spend all my currency on nothing but CAT or unlock her one week later if I spend no currency on her at all.

I know my path.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Meh, unlock her in the middle of the 4th if I spend all my currency on nothing but CAT or unlock her one week later if I spend no currency on her at all.

I know my path.

Are you sure about that, the final rewards in the 4th run also change. If they follow what they did with the RC you will fall short without buying any.
  • There's always the possibility of a glitch or issue with a future GC where we get Conquest Currency as compensation
    I had 135 saved up...
  • @Kyno
    Are you sure about that, the final rewards in the 4th run also change. If they follow what they did with the RC you will fall short without buying any.

Fair point. We don't know exactly what the reduced rewards will be. Annoying, but plausibly a problem. Maybe I'll buy 5 shards per Conquest then when the 4th conquest hits I'll only need 45. If the reward drops by half, I'm fine. If the reward drops by more than half, I can still buy 20 shards in that conquest for a cheaper price than 550 per 5, which means even if I don't save any currency over, I can still max her that conquest so long as the end rewards are at least 25 shards.
  • Furthermore, if you're "short" the 50 each time, it works perfectly that the boxes give her to you by the 4th Conquest
    15 each time, 4 conquests = 60 Shards
    3 maxed reward crates = 270 Shards
This discussion has been closed.