gAS p4

Lack
74 posts Member
edited May 2021
Before I really start hitting my head on a wall, can someone give me any tips on my mods. I feel like I’ve followed most of the YouTube vids and often have better stats than the “recommended” but my B2 and Magna die really fast.

https://swgoh.gg/p/298552414/

Replies

• Do you mean the CG "recommended" GP value? Or are you talking about recommended values for specific stats (like "X many Health points") created by some non CG guide to the event?

Because I can tell you that the CG recommended GP value is worthless. Most folks who beat the event have 2 relic toons and the other 3 at g12. You've got one relic toon, Ventress, and no relic droids, and one of your droids is still g11.

I'm not saying you can't beat it, but I'm saying you shouldn't expect to be able to beat it without trying again and again and again for the best possible RNG.

My way isn't the best way, it's just the way that works for me, but I play for fun, not headaches, so I would Relic your B2 and your B1 then go back in and finish the event in just a few tries, 25 minutes tops.

Compromise position might be to get B1 up to relic, and all your other droids up to g12+2 or +3, making sure that you give each droid what they most need (Magna being a tank gets health gear, etc.)

It will take you more attempts than if you had both B1 and B2 at relic (they're a great tag team) but it won't take you 96 hours of obsessive button pushing. Expect to be at it for 30 to 60 minutes, less if you get lucky off the bat, but it's always possible it will take longer than an hour.
  • Lack
    74 posts Member
    Hmmm. My swgoh.gl account must not have updated. I have ventress and B1 at r3 and B2 is now g12+2.
  • Lack
    74 posts Member
    I’m thinking I may just work to get B2 to relic
  • Although I stand by what I said earlier, I also took a look at your droids for fun, just to see if there was anything obvious.

There is. Your mods are all wrong. Like really wrong. B1 should have no health sets at all. You currently have 4 mods on B1 that use Health Set Bonus.

Next, you have 2x Crit Damage mods on B1. But Crit Damage Set Bonus doesn't apply unless you have 4 CD Set Bonus mods. It's like speed mods, not health mods, so you wouldn't increase your crit damage at all by using 2 CD mods.

Next, even if you did have 4x CD mods on B1, B1 can never, ever, ever score a critical hit. Not even with Advantage. It's part of his kit. So you never want CD mods on him at all. Or CC% mods. Health mods are worthless because B1's health is maxed at 1. That's just 1 single point. He operates off Droid Battalions which are a different mechanic than Health. Since there's no amount of Defense that will cut damage of your opponents to less than 1 point, Defense Set Bonus mods are also worthless. B1 inflicts no debuffs, so Potency is worthless. Tenacity can be useful in certain situations, but not many because most attacks that inflict debuffs also deal damage, which removes a stack of Droid Battalion and, in the process, cleanses any debuffs. There are enemies like Old Ben or JTR that use special abilities to inflict debuffs without damage, but they aren't involved in this event. So Tenacity Set Bonus mods and Tenacity Primary abilities are worthless. Crit Avoidance Arrows are also worthless, since even without a critical hit, your enemies will still do at least one point of damage, which is all it takes to remove a stack of droid battalion. There's no such thing as a protection Set Bonus mod, but there are Protection primaries. Since B1's protection is capped at literally zero, there's no benefit from a protection primary.

So none of your B1 mods are any good at all. The only mods that really help you are Speed Sets and Offense Sets. Each of those requires 4 mods to have any effect, so you probably have to add a pair of mods with unhelpful set bonuses at the end, once you have the best Offense or Speed set you can get.

But even if you can't get a good set bonus off those last two slots, you can make sure your primaries are what they need to be (Offense or Speed Arrow, but preferably Offense, Offense Triangle, Offense Cross). Obviously the square can only have an Offense primary and the Diamond can have only Defense. The circle seems like you have a choice of primary, but it's between Health and Protection and neither of those help you, so just ignore the primaries & pick the mods with the best possible secondaries.

Your other mods also require a lot of work. Droideka for instance should not run a Speed Set. Droideka gains bonus damage when it is slower than the enemy, and the amount of the bonus gets bigger the slower Droideka is.

In general, I think you've very, very far from ready for this event. Watch some mod tutorials, add gear to your droids & be patient. You'll get there, but not today.
  • I suggest watching Sir Gorgeous guide on p4. It helped me for the specific mods and minimum reqs. I ended up doing it with only r5 B1 and r4 B2 and the rest g12. It's important that you get the exact speed and health values from that video.
  • Lack
    74 posts Member
    Thanks for all that. It’s interesting cause sir George was the first video I watched and made sure to hit all the stats in his video and was far higher than all his minimums, particularly the speed. I believe he recommended B1 speed he said was 280+ and mine is at 299. I did watch a couple others and keep changing them after about 10-15 attempts.

I’ll look into make those changes you see though.

Thanks again for all your time, that was very generous of you.
  • Lack wrote: »
    Thanks for all that. It’s interesting cause sir George was the first video I watched and made sure to hit all the stats in his video and was far higher than all his minimums, particularly the speed. I believe he recommended B1 speed he said was 280+ and mine is at 299. I did watch a couple others and keep changing them after about 10-15 attempts.

I’ll look into make those changes you see though.

Thanks again for all your time, that was very generous of you.
    There’s much more to it than speed though. I checked the mods you have on b1 in game, and with a health primary on the cross mod and protection primary on the triangle mod, you’ve got a physical damage stat of just over 6000.

My b1, which is 1 speed lower than yours, has a physical offence of over 7500, purely because of having offence primary on cross and triangle.

Most of b1’s contribution comes in the form of assists in this mission, so it’s important to have him hitting hard when he does hit.

I’d say the same about your Ventress as well. She’s currently wearing 6 health mods. She’d hit so much harder with a Crit Damage set on there, and with more offence minded primaries on her triangle and cross.

Your B2 might be OK, but that one lone tenacity mod means you’re missing out on some set bonuses which would help make him even tankier.

And ditto for magnaguard - that lone crit damage circle mod is depriving him of set bonuses too.

And what Seedy said about Droideka definitely holds. Slower is better, and again best to check the primaries on those triangle and cross mods.
  • You have to hit the exact speeds to get the exact turn order otherwise the strat doesnt work.
  • Sanderzas
    581 posts Member
    I did it with droideka and B2 at relic, but that wasn't fun, looking back at it, I should also have reliced B1. But relic droideka really helps if you get lucky with the assists (and that was why I had to wait very long because I had to be very lucky and that didn't happen that often)
  • I'd take your B1 & Assaj to higher Relic levels.
    Relic-5 is easy to get to & helps out w/ C-Pit too.

I JUST passed this event in the last week or so.

Here is a screen shot of my group below

Other than giving a couple borrowed mods back its basically identical to a week ago when I passed it.

I will say, this event has HORRID amounts of RNG in it.

Sometimes the clones get a full wave of assaults before I got a move off.
    Sometimes they attacked B1 or B2 early killed them
    Sometimes it started out fairly well & the clones didn't do much damage but then I could NOT get good assists from Droideka to kill clones while GAS was down the first time.

When I finally passed it had to be 10+, 20+, 30+ attempts over a couple days (They all sort of run together)
    And honestly, it was a total surprise when I finally got some good RNG & got on a roll.

009hc0ptcl14.png

• I also 2nd what other's have said about what the Primary/Set combo is for your mods.

Here is some relevant stats & Mod shots from mine.

For the most part, I'd say 25+ of the mods out of 30 are the same as last week's win.
    I think I had to swap like 3-4 total back to other characters but that's it.

B1
    l3q0drx6dipv.png

Assaj
    xqztdq0o2d27.png

B2
    kggvsmq40ga0.png

Droideka
    qtr76ychly3e.png

IG-100
    8m7yyn68mwbe.png

• I watched sir gorgeous guide, then smashed my head against a brick wall for 8 hrs. That guide is bad.

It's just Ian's is pretty good in principle, but he had insanely good luck on the run that he won.

That's no Moon's vid I found much more helpful.

It's not speed wins in this one. You want some things to happen before you topple gas, like echo grenade asap, rex form up. Don't use aoe unless there is benefit to it. Crit avoidance arrows on droideka and magna help a lot to get the rng on your side.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    If you're looking to relic anyone, B1 to R5 and DDK to R3 for the increased assist damage.

I managed with just two G13: Asajj and B1. The other three were G12 plus all 3 left side pieces.

Only people I adjusted mods on were B1 and DDK to hit the damage and speed thresholds respectively.
  • Gorgus
    122 posts Member
    One thing to add is that Sep droids are a really good team all over the game. Investments on relics will make the event easier and have a good value beyond the event.
  • Lack
    74 posts Member
    Thanks everyone. Thanks especially to MrSpeedy270. All of your help helped me finally unlock him today. Still wasn’t easy, still tried for over an hour but the relief when he finally stays down. My son asked why I was jumping up and down yelling and screaming.
  • Lack wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. Thanks especially to MrSpeedy270. All of your help helped me finally unlock him today. Still wasn’t easy, still tried for over an hour but the relief when he finally stays down. My son asked why I was jumping up and down yelling and screaming.

Congrats!
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    My son asked why I was jumping up and down yelling and screaming.

Remember that day when it was time for a snack and you thought you were going to get an apple with peanut butter but instead I said, "Why don't you just have a cookie instead?" You remember that day?

Well, the game gave me apples & peanut butter for a whole week and then today it said, "Why don't you have a whole pack of cookies?" That's why I'm jumping up & down yelling & screaming.
  • My son asked why I was jumping up and down yelling and screaming.

Remember that day when it was time for a snack and you thought you were going to get an apple with peanut butter but instead I said, "Why don't you just have a cookie instead?" You remember that day?

Well, the game gave me apples & peanut butter for a whole week and then today it said, "Why don't you have a whole pack of cookies?" That's why I'm jumping up & down yelling & screaming.

I'm glad you don't suffer the misconception that apples & peanut butter is better
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/