Conquest is totally broken.

Prev13
GlitterOutlaw
1912 posts Member
edited May 2021
good job devs you killed another part of the game because god forbid F2P be able to compete.
No. Just No.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I have not seen any changes that target anyone, care to elaborate?
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    I'm 100% F2P, currently halfway through sector 4 hard. (I refresh the first couple days every conquest to unlock all the sectors so I can spend each team's stamina on the missions they're needed for, as I don't have more than 1 functional team for most, or really any, of them.)

Strategy, efficient roster investment and having not ignored GLs existing for the past year, tends to help.

Guildmate has been doing fairly well on the sector 2 and 3 bosses with a Bastilla lead jedi team with a ton of entrenched disks stacked on top of that.

I've been clearing them all no problem with Rey.

I've had my GL Rey for somewhere around 7 or 8 months now completely 100% F2P.
    It's not the devs fault people just refuse to work towards them. If I wasn't trying to work up my secondary teams, I'd have 2, possibly even 3, GLs at this point, again, 100% F2P. I don't even place that well in arena - float around 120-200 in squad, rarely break top 20 in fleet.

If you're doing Hard conquest, and you don't have a GL, at this point that is 100% your own fault.
    If you're doing normal, then you REALLY need to review your mods and what you consider a "maxed" team because a R7 han should really be able to just 1-shot knock down sky guy first turn on normal.

And there's a few disks that are nearly on the same level as DCS was anyway now - ZA is absolutely busted due to which chars it affects - I've had GMY hit for enough to 1-shot my GL Rey if it was outside of conquest. No, it's not as "overwhelmingly" effective as DCS was at just letting 1 singular char carry anything through a fight, but it's definitely strong enough to allow secondary teams to compete with GL-tier teams. And effects at least 1 char on every remotely meta team other than CLS if you don't run R2 (since 3PO doesn't benefit from offense)

For the sector 2 boss: All you need to do is run as tanky of a team as you can manage. Bastilla lead JKR is probably the tankiest non-epic confrontation+ tier team, probably something like Bastilla/JKR/GK/GMY/Jolee or Hoda. Stack any +survival disks you have, possibly even re-mod the team for higher surv.

After a few turns, GAS will perma-knock himself, like what happens with SEE, due to running out of max protection.
    The clones will run themselves down to extremely low health values, where GMY should be able to 1-shot most, if not all, of them in a aoe or 2, especially if running ZA.
    Personally, I'd do my best to leave 1 clone up until everyone has foresight and near full health - probably Arc.

If you can, kill the last clone with JKR's TM swap. This'll give you an immediate turn to hopefully use GMY to immediately kill GAS, as he'll have next to no max health at this point.

There's probably a similar strat for Padme, maybe swap in a couple secondary members you don't use on the arena/GAC version of the team, like GMY or R2.

DR would be heavily dependent on a R7 SET/Malak combo surviving long enough - Once DR and BSF get turns off, it ~should~ be mostly over, but.... DR's fairly squishy against teams it can't outspeed, and is heavily dependent on multiple groups of synergy for fighting high-end teams, so it tends to not do "the best" against something like this.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    The only thing broken is something on your side. Conquest is WAI.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    GlitterOutlaw - the swgoh expert who said that JML is going to be even stronger if JMK gets the jedi tag
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    There's no way kenobi a literal jedi MASTER isnt going to get a Jedi tag.

Doesn't matter, they can't be in the same squad.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Use Zealous Ambition and some support toons like Padme, Fallen, Ventress, GBA, EP, GMY, Rex, Echo, Veers, and Traya and you will be fine.
    3v3 FTW
  • removal of Disks(cooling systems) which zerg the emeny big time cant even get a turn in on the T2 boss with a maxed Luke team, padme team or DR team. they changed it big time, last time i got 2nd to last Chest now i cant even beat T2 boss?

To be fair, Deployable Cooling Systems kinda broke the gamemode. It was an easy way to clear out difficult battles with the right mix of low-gear characters. Now that it's gone, if you can't make it to where you were with the disk, then this is probably where you should be ending up, reward-wise.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Also, get a GL. My f2p (since you always bring it up) 3m alt has one.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    Buff gains on turn starts and offence gain per
    Buff disks. I’m currently on 10 buffs per turn with 3 x 5% offence per buff (stacking) 2/3 turns in and it’s ridiculous.

I have booming voice and I’m not even using it. Much prefer the offence build to the dcs one. Props to whoever suggested it last time around, I’ve had it planned since I read the theory.
  • HumbleMumble
    1017 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Edit: removed strategy because it didn’t work at all. :disappointed:
    Post edited by HumbleMumble on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    ImaSmakya wrote: »

well i dont have a GL and there no info identifying them saying they cant be in same squad, so how am i supposed to know lol

Because they said so.
    Regarding squad configuration, players will only be able to assign one Galactic Legend per squad.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/224342/state-of-the-galaxy-february-2020#latest
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    removal of Disks(cooling systems) which zerg the emeny big time cant even get a turn in on the T2 boss with a maxed Luke team, padme team or DR team. they changed it big time, last time i got 2nd to last Chest now i cant even beat T2 boss?

The changes are for everyone, so that doesnt mean anything was targeted at F2P.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    F2P and P2P have the same toons, and data disks to use in Conquest

The only difference is that you can't win every battle using one toon, and have to, god forbid, use more than two toons to clear (GMY / Vader) the game mode, you know, as they stated this game mode is suppose to be
  • Old_Ben12345
    399 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Ultra wrote: »
    The only difference is that you can't win every battle using one toon, and have to, god forbid, use more than two toons to clear (GMY / Vader) the game mode

f88zchoknyjw.gif
  • If cooldown disks were the only reason why you could do well in conquests, you don't deserve top rewards.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

well i dont have a GL and there no info identifying them saying they cant be in same squad, so how am i supposed to know lol

Because they said so.
    Regarding squad configuration, players will only be able to assign one Galactic Legend per squad.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/224342/state-of-the-galaxy-february-2020#latest

I don’t think this information is in game, that’s actually a good point. Maybe adding it in the Journey guide or in the ‘galactic legend’ skill description could solve this potential issue for new players who don’t roam the forums.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Starslayer wrote: »

Because they said so.

I don’t think this information is in game, that’s actually a good point. Maybe adding it in the Journey guide or in the ‘galactic legend’ skill description could solve this potential issue for new players who don’t roam the forums.

Fair point.
  • Ripperpa
    298 posts Member
    Only real problem is I don't get a purple disk ever :disappointed:
  • Thanks for taking some time off from drooling over your Padme poster and join us on the forums old friend. Now get yourself GL Rey 😉
  • Hornist
    61 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Ultra wrote: »
    F2P and P2P have the same toons, and data disks to use in Conquest

The only difference is that you can't win every battle using one toon, and have to, god forbid, use more than two toons to clear (GMY / Vader) the game mode, you know, as they stated this game mode is suppose to be

I was able to use the majority of the top ten squads in my roster for all of the previous Conquests. Now in sector 3 nearly everything I have is gimped except SLKR because of not having quickening.

I don't really care about cooling systems, that created infinite loops and removing it was probably a good idea, but when we're dealing with up to 80% increased speed on these teams, maybe more with Overprepared, then It is really frustrating to see R7 teams get destroyed by R5 teams that they normally counter pretty well.

I'd like to think my Mods aren't that bad. The amount of Speed ramping that the nodes gets vs what we can do with ONLY Leader's Resolve, makes conquest significantly harder for mid range rosters.

I assume that is intended, as I am only at 4.6 and have gotten max rewards the last two Hard modes, and I bet they don't want me to get that. It will take me probably twice as many refreshes to get there this time around assuming it is even possible for me.

So actually the changes did the opposite. before I could use a giant portion of my roster and now I am relegated to using GAS and SLKR for 80%+ of the nodes starting at sector 3. If that's WAI, then I am deeply dissatisfied.

I am not saying making it a tad harder is bad, in any way. again, I'm 4.6m and was able to get max rewards with only about one refresh every other day or so, sometimes more. My personal experience is really bad because of it though, and I would assume most people in mid range would feel similarly. These changes significantly increased the difficulty, and with such major rewards being tied to it, I thin it is reasonable people are upset.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    If cooldown disks were the only reason why you could do well in conquests, you don't deserve top rewards.

its only way your beating conquest.

Prove you can beat hard conquest with no dics and no GL. make a video of every match, then come back and prove it.
    I have 4 GLs. Why should I beat them without them? I'll send you a screenshot of my red crate in the end.

Until then you might want to question if you should really get top crate without a single GL.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    Gonna be honest the boss changes have screwed me over. That’s my rosters fault and nit CG I guess. I was able to get through Sector 3 Drevan boss last time. Can’t get through GAS boss sector 2 this time lol.

But that’s my fault. I only have limited teams and counters. In a game mode that’s about making teams and finding counters, walls will occur until I have an “every counter” roster.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    removal of Disks(cooling systems) which zerg the emeny big time cant even get a turn in on the T2 boss with a maxed Luke team, padme team or DR team. they changed it big time, last time i got 2nd to last Chest now i cant even beat T2 boss?

The changes are for everyone, so that doesnt mean anything was targeted at F2P.

it Absolutely targeted F2P. but your CG's paid Shill, like your going to admit it.
    Volunteers get paid?
    No f2p owns a GL?

Where do you get this stuff?

This.

Care to point out how this targets F2P? Do players who paid get a different game mode?

Also how is removing a data disc that are randomly selected target anyone? Couldn't you have done this run and had the same options you did this round even if it was present?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    How do you not have a single Galactic Legend?

I'm practically free to play (we'll argue the semantics if you want, but I don't think buying the Hyperdrive bundle after playing since early 2016 gave me much of an edge beyond not seeing that notification all the time) and I'm maybe two weeks from finishing the pre-reqs for my second.

You've got to get on that stuff, man. It's like refusing to wear flip flops at the beach and then complaining that GC is making the sand too hot.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.