GAS infinite loop in Conquest sector 2 boss

Dannydgoatee
154 posts Member
edited May 2021
Hey. I was trying to beat the final GAS final battle in sector 2 with my Rey, RH Poe, RH Finn, bb8, and stick Rey. I've done it before so I don't need to use special abilities.

Well, I topple GAS, the troopers go nonstop and he stands up. Repeat that 3 times. Except there was something weird with GAS. He fell on his own the 3rd and 4th time. Maybe because of my discs like dmg over time?

The 4th fall just leads to an infinite loop of clones attacking my squad for 6 minutes straight with no chance for me to go.

I tried to report as bug, but I don't think it went through.

oldirvmiw5ru.jpg

p3w8na5b082x.jpg

8vedbe9hs3sm.jpg

Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• It’s the Cost of opportunity modifier. It acts sort of like the Deployed cooling disk which was removed because it was game breaking, but this benefits the opponent so then it’s not game breaking any more.
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    If GAS loses all his Max Protection, he ends up in Cover until all the 501st allies are dead.
  • It’s the Cost of opportunity modifier. It acts sort of like the Deployed cooling disk which was removed because it was game breaking, but this benefits the opponent so then it’s not game breaking any more.

Yeah, if it's my game that's broken, no problem. 😂 😂
  • Dannydgoatee
    154 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    If GAS loses all his Max Protection, he ends up in Cover until all the 501st allies are dead.

Right, but only they get to go here when he's toppled. So, I never get to take a turn when he's toppled. That's the issue.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It’s the Cost of opportunity modifier. It acts sort of like the Deployed cooling disk which was removed because it was game breaking, but this benefits the opponent so then it’s not game breaking any more.

Didnt see where they said it was game breaking, do you have a quote?
  • Kyno wrote: »
    It’s the Cost of opportunity modifier. It acts sort of like the Deployed cooling disk which was removed because it was game breaking, but this benefits the opponent so then it’s not game breaking any more.

Not using the exact wording game breaking no, just “some larger balance changes” but at the same time “maintain a similar level of balance”, I interpreted that as meaning that the disks they removed didn’t act as intended.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Come on, deployable cooling systems disc was game breaking, you know this.
    Made the mode very fun for sure however also made it easy mode.
  • Ripperpa
    298 posts Member
    But they didn't say it, case closed 🤣
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    “These disks lower cooldowns, and they stack”
    Also,
    “Not wai...somehow”

Welp
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    scuba wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Come on, deployable cooling systems disc was game breaking, you know this.
    Made the mode very fun for sure however also made it easy mode.

It is one of the ones I only got twice, but the first time was already into sector 5.

I dont think it was quite game breaking, and they could make a rotation of some of these to reduce the likelyhood of certain combinations that would reign things in a little.

They also discussed possibly trying to make disc distribution more progressive, which means we may see those come back into play.
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    I’d like a disk that acts sort of like JTR lead, where at the end of turn / after using a special ability Cooldowns are decreased by 1. Still a powerful disk and could be stacked, but you’d need multiple of them to really break anything. (Vader could loop, but only so long as 4-5 enemies were standing, and I don’t think anyone else could with just one of those disks.)

DCS was WAI, but it was broken in the sense that it + a buff disk was better than pretty much any combo of disk could be.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Let's get this back on topic. Any tips on how to avoid falling into the loop?
  • Ryconnan
    168 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    yh2ngrizrrg3.png
    Caused by this and my Rey still took them out

Used to be on JML last conquests but worked for us not the opponent. This time works for opponent. For the bits that say player it works for boss or ally toons.

Gas ended up with 1 health and didn’t stand till all 501st were dead in the end.

The way it reads though it does look like it may not be working wai

Updated This is a known text error issue. Although last conquests it worked as it’s written. 🤷‍♂️
    Post edited by Ryconnan on
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Let's get this back on topic. Any tips on how to avoid falling into the loop?

I used. My CLS squad. The return attacks did it. I won pretty easily.