Get CAT after 4 conquests without buying shards?

2Next

Replies

• Wolfcast1e
    526 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    StarSon wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    This thread just shows most people don't know how to save, don't know how to plan and think they deserve everything right when it comes out.

Because they have literally said you don't need to hoard.

Literally means they precisely said ‘’you don’t need to hoard’’.
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    This thread just shows most people don't know how to save, don't know how to plan and think they deserve everything right when it comes out.

Literally means they precisely said ‘’you don’t need to hoard’’.

Okay, so not literally then. But they definitely said and have maintained that everything they design is done in such a way as to not require hoarding. They want you to spend currency as you earn it, and they don't intend that to prohibit you from getting something on the first run. Obviously if you aren't a spender this is not going to work for a first run Legendary or similar event, but you can't buy conquest currency.
  • I looked back through the posts about conquest and saw nothing about hoarding. iirc when conquest launched in game is when we learned about the cap and I do remember YouTubers speculating that the currency cap might be there to discourage hoarding. I don't recall CG stating anything explicitly, but maybe I missed something?

This game has always rewarded resource management and being prepared for whatever may come down the line at any point. For conquest carrying over at least a few hundred currency to the next one just seems smart to me - esp. since they're introducing new characters thru the game mode.

Also, I barely missed CLS the 1st time around (<50 OB shards) and had to wait 5 months for his return. Waiting a month or 2 doesn't seem all that bad in comparison.
  • LordDirt
    4984 posts Member

Who and where?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member

Who and where?
    Q: Why is the game designed around hoarding resources?
    A: CG_Miller - This is kind of a backwards way to think of this, but I can understand the perspective. We try to make the game engaging for all players for the time they are playing the game. This will sometimes mean that goals involve a high number of resources that we would expect a player to spend time farming. The unfortunate side effect to this is that players who were not spending those resources previously will see themselves as having a leg up compared to the other players. So in short, our goal is not to design around hoarding resources, but for those resources to be acquired and consumed over time.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2000040#Comment_2000040

November 1st, 2019 at 5:32PM Central.

So, as I amended above, they didn't "literally" say we don't have to hoard. They said their intent is to design the game such that we don't need to hoard.
  • LordDirt
    4984 posts Member
    Exactly, they dont want people to hoard because it takes away from their income. They never said that you wont have to hoard.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Glad CG intends for everyone to max out the premium toon without hoarding in previous conquest runs

Was a fun debate over the weekend

/thread
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    Glad CG intends for everyone to max out the premium toon without hoarding in previous conquest runs

/thread

I was going to leave this one open, as there is still some clarity needed on the "after 3rd run" discussion.
  • Blake085
    190 posts Member
    Very swift way to address this, props to CG's PR department.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

/thread

I was going to leave this one open, as there is still some clarity needed on the "after 3rd run" discussion.

I was just asked "so third run unlock with no hoarding?" and came here looking for the answer :joy:
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

I will pass this long, but that may be a hard no on that one. :wink:
  • So with them giving us 5 extra shards, does that mean we still need to buy her each time in the store to unlock after 3? Or does that mean we have 1 less purchase to make?
  • LordDirt
    4984 posts Member
    So with them giving us 5 extra shards, does that mean we still need to buy her each time in the store to unlock after 3? Or does that mean we have 1 less purchase to make?

Have to play hard mode, buy all shards in the shop and get the red crate each time.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    So with them giving us 5 extra shards, does that mean we still need to buy her each time in the store to unlock after 3? Or does that mean we have 1 less purchase to make?

It makes up for the fact that you wouldn't have enough currency to by the last 5 pack in this conquest unless you had more than 150 to begin with. So, you'll still need to buy every pack in the next 2 conquests, and every pack you can in this one.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    kalidor wrote: »

It makes up for the fact that you wouldn't have enough currency to by the last 5 pack in this conquest unless you had more than 150 to begin with. So, you'll still need to buy every pack in the next 2 conquests, and every pack you can in this one.

Ok, but I started this conquest with almost 3000 currency, so I can easily buy all of them in this conquest. If I don’t buy one and then buy them from all future conquest scavengers, then I can still unlock after 3 right?
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    kalidor wrote: »

Ok, but I started this conquest with almost 3000 currency, so I can easily buy all of them in this conquest. If I don’t buy one and then buy them from all future conquest scavengers, then I can still unlock after 3 right?

Yep, you were in a good spot to begin with. So long as you buy all the CAT shards you can, you'll unlock in 3, and not need the last wandering scav pack due to the 5 "sorry, our bad" shards you'll be getting.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m