Conquest 4 Feedback [MERGE]

Replies

• Normal mode should stay casual and fun with deployable cooldown and stuff. I am over 5mil in GP and struggling in Normal... and I dont have time to keep analyzing the modifiers in each level and the switch data disks around to complete within 2wks!!

Really? I’m at 5.4 mil GP and got the max crate in Hard yesterday. Did one energy refresh which in hindsight was unnecessary, and moved like 2 disks to get one of the boss feats done. No boosters or anything. If you’re 5 mil GP I would think that you should have at least a few teams capable of mowing down a bunch of nodes regardless of who the enemy is
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    I finished red crate with about six days to spare. I focused the second week on long-play feats (esp with no more DCS combined with higher feat thresholds) 5.5m GP. I usually use crystal refreshes to coincide with the "any energy" guild activity, as I prefer actual battles to just pressing sim. I also did 2-3 more 50 crystal refreshes that first week.
  • I would really appreciate if there was at least 300-400-500 energy cap.
    Some days are pure madness (assault battle tier 2,3, GAC, TW, challenge rancor and two arenas) - I have more than enough of swgoh content.
    Fast-forward 2-3 days and there is nothing to do - but Conquest. Would be great if I could play myself out on such free day. I thought that was one of the goals of Conquest, to fill out time between other regular "tasks" in the game. Now it's yet another task for every day while it for two weeks and makes full days even fuller.

Btw, I finish red crate each conquest with 1 refresh needed (I bought more due to panic).
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    Conquest 4 Feedback Hard Mode:

1) Team Diversity - It would be nice to face more diverse teams in Conquest instead of variations of the main stay teams. I appreciated the R8 Tuskens, but have some fun. Add some crazyiness like Lobot led Droids, Qira led Smugglers, Gar Sax led Troopers.

2) Data Cards - It would be nice to add a tank specific card to give them some love. An automatic taunt at the start of battles with defense up could be nice for non-pretaunting tanks.

3) Currency for Disk Swap - Instead of charging Conquest Currency switch the currency to something like normal credits. Heck, switch it to Sim Tickets for kicks and giggles.
  • HK22 wrote: »
    Conquest 4 Feedback Hard Mode:

1) Team Diversity - It would be nice to face more diverse teams in Conquest instead of variations of the main stay teams. I appreciated the R8 Tuskens, but have some fun. Add some crazyiness like Lobot led Droids, Qira led Smugglers, Gar Sax led Troopers.

2) Data Cards - It would be nice to add a tank specific card to give them some love. An automatic taunt at the start of battles with defense up could be nice for non-pretaunting tanks.

3) Currency for Disk Swap - Instead of charging Conquest Currency switch the currency to something like normal credits. Heck, switch it to Sim Tickets for kicks and giggles.

with 143k in Sim tickets, I am down for that!
  • TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Oh no six extra battles over two weeks such a grind.

Seriously, you are complaining over nothing.

It's called "feedback".

You gave it already.

After the first several hundred times it's definely moved on from "feedback" to "complaining."

You are probably not the right person to get on someone for posting a few additional times on a thread...
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Seriously, though, the crashing with certain characters needs to be addressed.

I've had fewer crashes when using collapsed or condensed buff views (whatever it's called--you know what I mean) but it will still occasionally happen where C-3P0 flails his hands in the air and then everyone stares awkwardly at one another for 4:32...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NYIM
    59 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    I got red box without any refreshes with 7.3M
    TVF wrote: »
    I could have done it at 6.3M but I did some refreshes so I wouldn't have to rush this week. Finished several days ago.

I'm in the middle here, 6.7, and just did a second refresh to get to a spot where I think I can finish the red crate tonight without any more refreshes.

6.1M GP here, I reached the red box after about 9 days. Did some refresh because I wanted to progress and finish the repetitive feats. 430/425 points at the end, so definitely possible, but with the last changes most of the fun factors are gone.
  • Taldek
    16 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    I am just under 3.5 mil GP (just under 2.1 mil Character GP) and can’t get past the sector 2 boss. I’ve tried different teams and combos but in most cases I don’t get a turn even with 15% speed boost. This seems extreme for normal mode. I would accept this at sector 4 or 5 but sector 2? Between their speed and inflicting daze I have no chance.

That being said it seems like odd conquests are easier than evens. 1 and 3 I was able to earn the normal 6 prize box but with 2 (and now 4) I can barely earn the normal 3 prize box but only by completing all the sector and global feats. Has anyone else experienced this?

Is this because they are still balancing it? Or is it intentional to swap difficulty back and forth? And is Conquest the exact same for every single player or do they have an algorithm that adjusts difficulty settings for each player?

I’m enjoying conquest and do like a challenge but this time around it just feels like I’m trying to break through a brick wall with a sewing needle.

Thanks.
    Post edited by Taldek on
  • Konju
    1176 posts Member
    Taldek wrote: »
    I am just under 3.5 mil GP and can’t get past the sector 2 boss. I’ve tried different teams and combos but in most cases I don’t get a turn even with 15% speed boost. This seems extreme for normal mode. I would accept this at sector 4 or 5 but sector 2? Between their speed and inflicting daze I have no chance.

That being said it seems like odd conquests are easier than evens. 1 and 3 I was able to earn the normal 6 prize box but with 2 (and now 4) I can barely earn the normal 3 prize box but only by completing all the sector and global feats. Has anyone else experienced this?

Is this because they are still balancing it? Or is it intentional to swap difficulty back and forth? And is Conquest the exact same for every single player or do they have an algorithm that adjusts difficulty settings for each player?

I’m enjoying conquest and do like a challenge but this time around it just feels like I’m trying to break through a brick wall with a sewing needle.

Thanks.

I don’t believe there are any difficulty algorithms in place. There is some RNG on general enemies and data disks. I got T6 box every time in Normal with my 2.8M roster. Just Vader, Padme & JKR teams available (mix & match on some bosses).
  • This Conquest was garbage. I've almost unlocked hard mode but I can't max out normal, mostly because of stupid feats like removing tm on teams that can't have their tm removed, thermal detonators against relic enemies requiring bhs to be high geared, and absurd amounts of critical hits in a row against teams that can't be crit hit.

I know the answer to this, but seriously do they even play their own game? They just slapped on the same feats in places that made them almost impossible to get with the new bosses.

Once again cg ruins a new game mode
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I am just under 3.5 mil GP and can’t get past the sector 2 boss. I’ve tried different teams and combos but in most cases I don’t get a turn even with 15% speed boost. This seems extreme for normal mode. I would accept this at sector 4 or 5 but sector 2? Between their speed and inflicting daze I have no chance.

Thanks.

There is no "swap" in difficulty based on the Conquest order. It's most likely just a form of confirmation bias, as each Conquest will be different with different discs and teams you face.
  • Taldek
    16 posts Member
    Konju wrote: »

I don’t believe there are any difficulty algorithms in place. There is some RNG on general enemies and data disks. I got T6 box every time in Normal with my 2.8M roster. Just Vader, Padme & JKR teams available (mix & match on some bosses).

It’s not a matter of mixing and matching, it’s a matter of speed and daze. It doesn’t matter what characters I use General Skywalker and the Clones take endless turns and defeat all of my toons before I get a chance to attack or at best get two or three attacks before I’m wiped out. One team being

JKRevan relic 5, speed 260 Lead
    Bastila gear 12, speed 217
    Jolee gear 12, speed 189
    Yoda relic 4, speed 220
    Shaak Ti gear 12, speed 279

With that team Shaak Ti gets two attacks before the entire team is defeated and none of my other toons get a turn. And yes JKR is my strongest character but it’s about the same or worse with other teams and mixing and matching.

I am curious why that team shouldn’t be able to defeat a sector 2 boss on normal mode regardless of data discs and boosters etc.

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    I would guess it's a combination of low speed and low gear. Maybe also not the best team to face GAS.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Taldek
    16 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    This Conquest was garbage. I've almost unlocked hard mode but I can't max out normal, mostly because of stupid feats like removing tm on teams that can't have their tm removed, thermal detonators against relic enemies requiring bhs to be high geared, and absurd amounts of critical hits in a row against teams that can't be crit hit.

I know the answer to this, but seriously do they even play their own game? They just slapped on the same feats in places that made them almost impossible to get with the new bosses.

Once again cg ruins a new game mode

I agree that some feats seem impossible, I don’t know if it’s not having strong enough teams or my lack of understanding the game’s mechanics and not knowing every character’s abilities and how to optimize them together.

Maybe I’m remembering wrong but when I encountered the thermal detonator feat in the past (didn’t reach it this time around) you did not need to win the battle for the detonators to count toward the feat. I would use Zam Wesell, Greedo, the Jawa that deploys detonators and two taunting tanks to deploy as many as possible and would be defeated every time. But they still counted toward the feat and was able to complete it in three or four battles.

So be sure whether the feat specifies winning the battle or not.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Almost 5.8m GP
    Max crate on hard mode
    0 4-dot disks
    0 disk swaps
    0 currency spent on anything other than CAT shards
    0.5% fun
    0 enthusiasm left
    0 energy spent after securing the red box
  • Konju
    1176 posts Member

It’s not a matter of mixing and matching, it’s a matter of speed and daze. It doesn’t matter what characters I use General Skywalker and the Clones take endless turns and defeat all of my toons before I get a chance to attack or at best get two or three attacks before I’m wiped out. One team being

JKRevan relic 5, speed 260 Lead
    Bastila gear 12, speed 217
    Jolee gear 12, speed 189
    Yoda relic 4, speed 220
    Shaak Ti gear 12, speed 279

With that team Shaak Ti gets two attacks before the entire team is defeated and none of my other toons get a turn. And yes JKR is my strongest character but it’s about the same or worse with other teams and mixing and matching.

I am curious why that team shouldn’t be able to defeat a sector 2 boss on normal mode regardless of data discs and boosters etc.

If you have Padme, try her on it. She is my go to team against Galactic Republic
  • Ryconnan
    168 posts Member
    If you have cls rebels try them. I used them and won fairly straightforwardly
  • Taldek
    16 posts Member

If you have Padme, try her on it. She is my go to team against Galactic Republic
    Ryconnan wrote: »

Padme with galactic republic did do slightly better but I’m still working on upgrading them so they’re not nearly strong enough to do any damage.

Padme with clones just got destroyed and didn’t even get a turn.

CLS rebel team - Luke got a turn or two and old Ben got one turn and that was it. And again they aren’t geared up enough. Only my CLS is gear 12 and zeta-ed.

Thank you for the suggestions though, I appreciate the advice.
  • Taldek wrote: »

Ryconnan wrote: »

Padme with galactic republic did do slightly better but I’m still working on upgrading them so they’re not nearly strong enough to do any damage.

Padme with clones just got destroyed and didn’t even get a turn.

CLS rebel team - Luke got a turn or two and old Ben got one turn and that was it. And again they aren’t geared up enough. Only my CLS is gear 12 and zeta-ed.

Thank you for the suggestions though, I appreciate the advice.

CLS team is CLS-Han-Chewie-C3PO-Chewpio (aka Threepio & Chewbacca). Chewpio only needs his zeta to be good.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Why do people include their ship GP when talking about how advanced their roster is in an event that doesn’t use ships? If your roster is 3m and half that is ships, then your real roster is only 1.5m and that might be why you’re having trouble.
  • Taldek
    16 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Why do people include their ship GP when talking about how advanced their roster is in an event that doesn’t use ships? If your roster is 3m and half that is ships, then your real roster is only 1.5m and that might be why you’re having trouble.

Is there a way to split GP into character power and ship power?

When the game requires a minimum of 4 mil GP to access hard mode, does that not include ship power or is it only character power?
  • Konju
    1176 posts Member

Is there a way to split GP into character power and ship power?

When the game requires a minimum of 4 mil GP to access hard mode, does that not include ship power or is it only character power?

It is both ship & character taken into account for entry into hard mode. Though Nic isn’t wrong (player or dev side), but players are mostly just using commonly used numbers vs looking at only their character GP.
  • Taldek
    16 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    I agree with Nic’s point but is there another metric to use? All I can find is GP.
  • Magruffin
    775 posts Member
    Bring back the old data disks, new ones are trash.
  • Triggered!
    Not only are conquests too hard but the difficulty level goes from no unit loss to being wiped out without taking a turn. All the good prizes are so far down the sections that they're impossible to get. All you get is dumb stuff that can only be used for conquests.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    The game will show you your character and ship breakdowns. It’s all public information:
    ywt1p294oct7.jpeg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

For now.
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/245825/scheduled-update-06-04-2021
    EVENT - Entrenched Protection Up duration is now listed in the description.
    Are we sure about that @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Doja_Fett ?

Doesn't look any different to me
    {
    "grantedAbility": [
    {
    "zonesToApplyTo": [],
    "abilityId": "artifact_ability_protectionstart_1_cost_epic",
    "targetRuleId": "target_player",
    "unlockRequirement": null,
    "rankLabelOverrideKey": "",
    "useOverlayIcon": false,
    "overlaySpriteName": "",
    "showInPlatoonView": false,
    "modifierData": null,
    "conditionDescKey": ""
    }
    ],
    "targetedStat": [],
    "id": "artifact_protectionstart_1_cost_epic",
    "powerLevel": 0,
    "nameKey": "Entrenched",
    "descriptionKey": "At the start of battle, all allies gain Protection Up (75%), which can't be dispelled or prevented.",
    "texture": "icon_conquest_artifact_02",
    "tierId": "artifact-tier-epic"
    }

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Magruffin wrote: »
    Bring back the old data disks, new ones are trash.

ZA is improved, and entrenched is good.

FV would be good at lower dots, but is bad at 4.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
This discussion has been closed.