Conquest 4 Feedback [MERGE]

Replies

• th3evo
    358 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Kyno wrote: »
    -snip-

Conquest is about making choices. That's what they talked about a lot before Conquest was released. Like I said before it would not surprise me if they released two desirable items at once - a character/ship, R9 materials, 7-dot mods materials etc.

We can't even really hoard since we get only 50 extra currency if you do not spend on anything. So you are mostly left with the stash you had after Conquests #1,2,3. We don't know what is going to happen after our next Conquest (#6) so I would say that spending any currency (other than on CAT shards) is not a smart decision. Are they going to release a new character or introduce something else worth spending with Conquest #7? Who can say that there will be any change in the rewards? We don't know.
    Until then like you said - better safe than sorry.
  • Add feat counters…
  • nottenst
    682 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Rewards are lackluster outside of shards.

Speaking of shards - do we know whether Ahsoka will be the same next Conquest as this past one (90 shards in highest crate) or will there be something new which gets her reduced?

In the Road Ahead it said
    " you will be able to unlock Commander Ahsoka at 7* after 3 Hard Conquests if you are earning the maximum reward crate and purchase her shards from merchants" - I had thought this meant buying shards at every opportunity, but if we get another 90 in the maximum crate next time that means I don't need to buy any shards next Conquest and actually bought too many this time.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    th3evo wrote: »
    -snip-

Conquest is about making choices. That's what they talked about a lot before Conquest was released. Like I said before it would not surprise me if they released two desirable items at once - a character/ship, R9 materials, 7-dot mods materials etc.

We can't even really hoard since we get only 50 extra currency if you do not spend on anything. So you are mostly left with the stash you had after Conquests #1,2,3. We don't know what is going to happen after our next Conquest (#6) so I would say that spending any currency (other than on CAT shards) is not a smart decision. Are they going to release a new character or introduce something else worth spending with Conquest #7? Who can say that there will be any change in the rewards? We don't know.

The event is about choices, they were not referencing the rewards. They also detailed the rewards/character release structure.

Correct, that seems to be part of the design. If they keep a new toon rolling in every 3 months all players are living hand to mouth in the Conquest game mode.

Sure, we can all make up reasons to hoard.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    -snip-

The event is about choices, they were not referencing the rewards. They also detailed the rewards/character release structure.

Correct, that seems to be part of the design. If they keep a new toon rolling in every 3 months all players are living hand to mouth in the Conquest game mode.

well they've done it so far. No one thought they'd release CAT like they did and when they did, yet they did. So based on CG's past actions, assuming a new toon is coming makes sense.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member

Do you remember the arguments you made when people realized that CAT shards resulted in negative balance and players started calling the devs out for their comment about 3 Hard Conquests? I hope you are not just making assumptions about dev comments. Some of them could be in reference to rewards as well.
    They said the third new character will come "several months" after CAT. I don't think they specified the release date yet. I expect that it will be released in Conquest #7 but we don't have any information about that.
    I believe you said in your other comments that you think that it's unsustainable to release new characters every 3 months. Or am I confusing that with something/someone else?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    -snip-

well they've done it so far. No one thought they'd release CAT like they did and when they did, yet they did. So based on CG's past actions, assuming a new toon is coming makes sense.

Correct, but when they released CAT they also released the outline of the cadence. So yes another toon will come, and we know the path it will take, and no amount of hoarding will get you the character faster than 3 Conquest.
  • Jakdnels
    786 posts Member
    -snip-

Correct, but when they released CAT they also released the outline of the cadence. So yes another toon will come, and we know the path it will take, and no amount of hoarding will get you the character faster than 3 Conquest.

No, but having a stash of currency might help make up the difference later if you miss the red box on a future conquest. Like if there's a bug in the middle that impacts data disk functionality....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Do you remember the arguments you made when people realized that CAT shards resulted in negative balance and players started calling the devs out for their comment about 3 Hard Conquests? I hope you are not just making assumptions about dev comments. Some of them could be in reference to rewards as well.
    They said the third new character will come "several months" after CAT. I don't think they specified the release date yet. I expect that it will be released in Conquest #7 but we don't have any information about that.
    I believe you said in your other comments that you think that it's unsustainable to release new characters every 3 months. Or am I confusing that with something/someone else?

Do you remember they made the statements correcting the situation and outlining that was not their intention. I still believe that having an extra 50-100, or 300 is not hoarding, at all. I personally intend to keep some to make sure I can stay flexible and purchase things I may need while the event is running. Most anything when it's not running doesnt seem worth it. I only plan to buy stun guns when if I get close to the cap.

Here is what they actually said, you seem to be mixing up points 1 and 2. 1 being about the next character, and 2 being several months later, for the new character after the next one.
    1-When we release a new unit to Conquest, we will do the following with previous Conquest exclusive units:
    The older unit will remain in the End of Event rewards but will see the amount awarded in prize boxes reduced.
    The amount of Conquest Currency needed to purchase shards will be slightly reduced.
    Its unit shards will appear more frequently at Normal and/or Hard Node Merchants (Wandering Scavenger).
    2- Several months later a third new unit will be introduced in Conquest and that first unit (Razor Crest in this case) will:
    Leave End of Event Prizing
    Stay on Node Merchants (Wandering Scavenger)
    Get added to Conquest Shipments for Crystals and Conquest Currency
    3- The last step for these units occurs approximately a year after their initial release
    The unit will become more widely available and be moved to somewhere more accessible. The final details are undecided at this time but we are looking at adding to a Journey Guide style event or a Galactic Challenge. We will have more info on this in the future.

Yeah, I don't see them releasing a toon at that rate to start, but they may get there later.
  • Jakdnels wrote: »
    -snip-

No, but having a stash of currency might help make up the difference later if you miss the red box on a future conquest. Like if there's a bug in the middle that impacts data disk functionality....

Because we all know that don’t do make good very often like all other companies…
  • IronCross wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    -snip-

Because we all know that don’t do make good very often like all other companies…

they just thank us for our understanding now.
  • the debate about hoarding or "saving" is moot.

it's relative to your own situation and path.

and 1 character release does not set a cadence.

Definition:
    "a regular and repeated pattern of activity.."

and since some people are so technical about their definitions, per their own example, a cadence hasn't happened yet.

If anything about Conquest is safe to make an assumption is that CG will do whatever CG wants to do. Temp us with new characters while being cheap with the gear? It's their decision..

It's our decision whether or not to be smarter about our resources.
  • IronCross wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    -snip-

they just thank us for our understanding now.

I don’t think they even did this for the Entrenched bug
  • Getting your butt handed to you by a character who has rediculous Speed and damage isn't fun. I enjoy a "challenge" as much as the next guy, but that doesn't really make things interesting or exciting.

Instead of increasing a CLS team's stats by +80% so they're mental every single time, you could have:
    1. "Han Solo will be revived with 100% Health the first time he is defeated."
    2. A stat trade-off, such as taking away Offence as to boost Potency.
    3. "Every time a Rebel is defeated, a Gamorrean Guard is summoned in their place and Taunts for 1 turn."
    4. "R2-D2 has -150% Speed, but his abilities do not have a cooldown and he uses 3 abilities per turn."
    5. 8 characters, instead of just five.

These are just some ideas. But something other than a huge stat increase would be great. Conquest is an exploration of a more whacky part of the game after all.

P.S. Steadfast Retribution sucks.
  • Spending 0 conquest credits on anything (other than the release character) is what equals hoarding in this case. It doesn't matter that it is only 50 credits per run, or what the total amount is. If I'm having to not spend a single credit that I don't absolutely have to (given the goal set out by the developers for instant unlock) that makes this hoarding.

I spent, like an ****, in the first conquests on gear. Then along come the CAT model for unlock and I was stuffed. It was the wrong price at first (which made it a worse shock), but I had about 15 currency or something like that, because I wasn't that interested in RC ASAP. Don't need a 5th fleet.

With my roster I've needed to move discs and buy the odd booster to get max rewards. If they hadn't stuffed up the shard cost and handed out 5 for free I might have managed CAT, maybe. Then I'd almost definitely miss the next one, as I expect my total conquest income could be negative. Changed bosses, modifiers and/or feats could easily mean I have more trouble.

If I buy a single item of gear I'm pretty much guaranteeing that I miss an ASAP unlock.

So the total is low. The income is low to possibly negative. No spending is still hoarding.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    SotaDraken wrote: »
    the debate about hoarding or "saving" is moot.

it's relative to your own situation and path.

and 1 character release does not set a cadence.

Definition:
    "a regular and repeated pattern of activity.."

and since some people are so technical about their definitions, per their own example, a cadence hasn't happened yet.

If anything about Conquest is safe to make an assumption is that CG will do whatever CG wants to do. Temp us with new characters while being cheap with the gear? It's their decision..

It's our decision whether or not to be smarter about our resources.

Fair enough, call it what you want.

They stated the cadence, we are not basing this on a pattern.

The point I started responding to, was about hoarding for the character release, which is meaningless and there is no way to save anything up to have an effect on the release through Conquest, that is basically the point of this release setup.
  • MrFear220 wrote: »
    Getting your butt handed to you by a character who has rediculous Speed and damage isn't fun. I enjoy a "challenge" as much as the next guy, but that doesn't really make things interesting or exciting.

Instead of increasing a CLS team's stats by +80% so they're mental every single time, you could have:
    1. "Han Solo will be revived with 100% Health the first time he is defeated."
    2. A stat trade-off, such as taking away Offence as to boost Potency.
    3. "Every time a Rebel is defeated, a Gamorrean Guard is summoned in their place and Taunts for 1 turn."
    4. "R2-D2 has -150% Speed, but his abilities do not have a cooldown and he uses 3 abilities per turn."
    5. 8 characters, instead of just five.

These are just some ideas. But something other than a huge stat increase would be great. Conquest is an exploration of a more whacky part of the game after all.

P.S. Steadfast Retribution sucks.

Have to disagree on Steadfast Retribution, got my marked feat in two battles because of that!
This discussion has been closed.