Conquest 4 Feedback [MERGE]

Replies

• TVF
    36584 posts Member
    I just got a mid sector 4 node choice where I had Booming Voice in one node and Future Visions in the other node lol.

Picked BV obviously. FV seems decent for 1 or 2 dots, but really not gud for 4.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Anyone have a comp that works for "take 15 turns before the enemy takes first" in the Padmé boss node?

Can't get anything to work. Gideon AoE TMR doesn't work to delay them.

Cheers!

I think I did it with CLS and Ruthless Swiftness disk.
  • Every disk should stack if it doesn’t say otherwise
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Zanir wrote: »
    The cost for swaping discs is the biggest issue in conquest for me, bar none. I absolutely hate that CG did this. I'd love to try different combos, but CG clearly doesn't want me to. They just want me to wait for the theorycrafters to work out the nuclear option replacement for DCS and use that. Fine.

Anyone know if Convor's Agility stacks? Let's say I have 3 of those. Does that mean I have that much extra evasion at the start and then gain evasion and tm every time I evade? Because in theory this should mean that Maul lead Sith should basically become unkillable over the course of a battle, excluding unavoidable abilities.

Yes they stack, but you do not gain evasion when you evade, you only gain TM.
  • I was on permanent stun till death vs Sith team or Training Rey. Is it normal?
  • Ryconnan
    168 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Thorozar11 wrote: »
    Anyone had any purple discs pop up?

I got a booming voice but it costs 4 to equip and I have to equip 2 leaders resolve to even have a shot at 3 stars so that leaves only 6 remaining. Would LOVE to be able to swap discs for free...

This. There are many ways CG tries to "nickel and dime" players - but having to use the rewards from the actual event mode just stinks.

Sadly, my "theorycrafting" for discs in Conquest has been reduced to "first that add up to 12". Then build teams around those.

Which is sad, because disks was one of the few parts of the game mode that it new and different. But, nope.

You know you don’t have to equip the first ones you find right?

I read up on the disks planned what I wanted and applied as I got the ones I wanted.

Have done that on each conquest and it worked for me
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Ryconnan wrote: »

I got a booming voice but it costs 4 to equip and I have to equip 2 leaders resolve to even have a shot at 3 stars so that leaves only 6 remaining. Would LOVE to be able to swap discs for free...

This. There are many ways CG tries to "nickel and dime" players - but having to use the rewards from the actual event mode just stinks.

Sadly, my "theorycrafting" for discs in Conquest has been reduced to "first that add up to 12". Then build teams around those.

Which is sad, because disks was one of the few parts of the game mode that it new and different. But, nope.

I read up on the disks planned what I wanted and applied as I got the ones I wanted.

True and that is what I am doing also.

His theorycrafting complaint has merit though. It is fun to try different disk combos but as things stand, even the minimal cost for doing so is detrimental to your ability to farm the toons / ships which are only available through Conquest.
  • Acymetric
    222 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

True and that is what I am doing also.

His theorycrafting complaint has merit though. It is fun to try different disk combos but as things stand, even the minimal cost for doing so is detrimental to your ability to farm the toons / ships which are only available through Conquest.

Some people need the discs to progress at the early phases until they get better discs. Plus it's entirely possible that you could make it through two phases without landing any of the discs you "planned" for.
  • Idk why but this time round just seems super difficult. I have been stuck on Sector 2 for days, unable to beat GAS teams. I spent loads of crystals on the previous GCs as they were fun and I wanted the max rewards. This time round it's just painful and not at all enjoyable. I find myself just putting the phone down and doing something else. The enemy has preloaded turn meter and will always get a dozen attacks in regardless of how fast my guys are, and when I do get a turn, I am only able to use a single basic attack before the second onslaught starts. What happened to Conquest? Why the sudden steep climb in difficulty?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2021

Must be nice to "get the ones you wanted." I'm half way through sector 4, and haven't even seen a 4 dot disc yet.

But the bigger issue isn't even that - its that you can't enjoy trying different setups. This mode more than any other is built for "sandbox" type fun....but CG decided to charge a fee to play in the sandbox - a fee that uses currency needed to get exclusive characters and ships.

So, thanks for a fun disc system.....that no one should ever experiment with if they actually want the items the mode is designed to provide?

Who thinks of this stuff?

If I'm being honest, I had high hopes for Conquest. And sadly, between the above disc issue, the numerous feats that would benefit from a still-absent counter, the fact that you can't see enemy stats, the botched leader descriptions this time around, the duplicate discs, the rng involved in disc distribution, those hopes have faded fast.

The frustrating thing is that this could have been a great player experience game mode. But CG managed to make it a mediocre grind with par-for-the-course bugs and technical glitches to boot. Disappointing.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I hate this new season. The challenges are far more difficult, the discs are not nearly as fun. I have gone my entire hard mode conquest with out coming across a single purple disc. Instead of having fun and enjoying it, I am just getting frustrated and hating the game. CG really screwed up with the new season in my opinion. The most frustrating part is I have to bang my head against a wall over and over of I want to be on track to unlock commander Ahsoka in three months.

@CG, this conquest game mode was a god send and brought me back into the game when I was feeling really over it. Now I absolutely hate it.
  • Konju
    1178 posts Member

Must be nice to "get the ones you wanted." I'm half way through sector 4, and haven't even seen a 4 dot disc yet.

But the bigger issue isn't even that - its that you can't enjoy trying different setups. This mode more than any other is built for "sandbox" type fun....but CG decided to charge a fee to play in the sandbox - a fee that uses currency needed to get exclusive characters and ships.

So, thanks for a fun disc system.....that no one should ever experiment with if they actually want the items the mode is designed to provide?

Who thinks of this stuff?

If I'm being honest, I had high hopes for Conquest. And sadly, between the above disc issue, the numerous feats that would benefit from a still-absent counter, the fact that you can't see enemy stats, the botched leader descriptions this time around, the duplicate discs, the rng involved in disc distribution, those hopes have faded fast.

The frustrating thing is that this could have been a great player experience game mode. But CG managed to make it a mediocre grind with par-for-the-course bugs and technical glitches to boot. Disappointing.

While I still enjoy Conquest, it certainly does contain the many issues you outlined. It is especially frustrating that getting rid of Dread & Deployable Cooling Systems was a higher priority than fixing some of the RNG for disks, cost of swapping disks, RNG of opponents, lack of boss feat counters etc. Conquest could be so much better than it is currently. I hope they continue to work on it (and I mean in terms of QoL for the players).
  • I agree that it’s very strange that given all the collected data from previous Conquests the only changes they implement are things making the game mode less player friendly.
    Why not wait until they’ve fixed the other stuff as well, making the pill less bitter to swallow.

It’s like a car manufacturer releasing a new powerful car that everyone loves, only feedback is that the customers want slightly better tires to handle the speed and they decrease the engine power instead.
  • Hortus
    622 posts Member

We all knew from the start the costs of swapping so I used my time to find out what works well together. I have more than one account so I grant you I have had more chance to experiment but my plan was always to find a solution to minimise swapping necessity and maximise fun and rewards which this conquest has delivered for me on both counts or will do at the end when I get my red crate. 😀👍

It's not about getting red crate, it's about fun and interesting gameplay. Switching disks to try different gameplay styles is the interesting part by itself for many people. Different combinations of disks are better suited for different battles and feats, while some feats are just impossible with some disks combos. Purple disks provide unique powerful bonuses but again, make some feats impossible. So the only thing which swap tax really do is the punishing players who really like data disks concept. So, what's the point to introduce such interesting mechanic and then punish players who enjoy to actively use it?
  • Konju
    1178 posts Member
    Hortus wrote: »

We all knew from the start the costs of swapping so I used my time to find out what works well together. I have more than one account so I grant you I have had more chance to experiment but my plan was always to find a solution to minimise swapping necessity and maximise fun and rewards which this conquest has delivered for me on both counts or will do at the end when I get my red crate. 😀👍

It's not about getting red crate, it's about fun and interesting gameplay. Switching disks to try different gameplay styles is the interesting part by itself for many people. Different combinations of disks are better suited for different battles and feats, while some feats are just impossible with some disks combos. Purple disks provide unique powerful bonuses but again, make some feats impossible. So the only thing which swap tax really do is the punishing players who really like data disks concept. So, what's the point to introduce such interesting mechanic and then punish players who enjoy to actively use it?

I agree with you.

The common counter to this argument is that swapping of disks is creating a situation where choosing your disks creates a meaningful decision over the course of the Conquest. Choosing to swap disks can lower the potential rewards one is able to purchase from the merchants and/or trivialize the mode (if swapping disks is your method for completion). I don’t agree with this idea, but it is a common counter.

We get a lot of disks over the course of the Conquest and 12 spots get filled quite easily. It feels like a tax on ability to obtain rewards for me in order to choose fun in the mode. I’m not a fan of forcing this decision, but I currently only have 6/12 disks slots applied so that I can apply other disks when appropriate/necessary (Decay: Turn Meter if I need the removing tm feats for max crate and need help completing them after I have defeated SLKR without it applied). I have made the choice to earn better rewards at the cost of some enjoyment. I guess I should be thankful for disks existing at all to help balance my roster with the enemy modifiers.

Another “counter” to be raised is that this isn’t completely new. Other choices in the game lead to mixed results for different areas. For instance, one can R5 a lot of characters for the CRancor raid. This can lead to better rewards and good overall value (depending upon guild) hence a “good decision.” The negative side of this “good decision” is that taking too many teams to R5 *can* result in disproportionately difficult opponents in GAC if matching with those who have more meta teams at “more appropriate” R3 levels. Overall top GP used in the matchmaking algorithm remains a match in these circumstances, so it’s not like these matches are unfair per se, this is where 2GL rosters can face 4GL rosters quite easily. While this circumstance of choosing roster upgrades for CRancor isn’t impossible to overcome in GAC, the results can vary and the fun aspect of GAC mode *can* be affected. This example is not a 1:1 comparison to swapping disks in Conquest yet illustrates how making choices *can* affect rewards and fun in different ways.

Another example could be focusing on your DS characters “more exclusively” than LS characters because you simply enjoy those characters more. When you play LS Geo TB, you will feel the effects of this decision. The quality of guild you are able to join may also be less than you hoped for from this decision making. There are trade offs for many decisions one can make in the game. Paying Conquest currency for swapping disks appears to be one of those trade offs. Again, I’m not a fan of the trade off in Conquest.
  • Cs99
    146 posts Member
    My guess would be cg didn't see a big enough spike in spending, so they had to "rebalance" conquest.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Cs99 wrote: »
    My guess would be cg didn't see a big enough spike in spending, so they had to "rebalance" conquest.

While this may be partially true, to be fair, it's also bugged - some of the new data disk types weren't working correctly and none of the boss abilities work the way they were stated. It is completely possible that they were "worded incorrectly". It's also possible that they simply weren't working as "intended" so they were "reworded" to simply reflect how they were actually functioning.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • ReyVsMando
    38 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    they should bring a little more relaxation into this mode. LS Geo is enough for me.

I don't mean the degree of difficulty but the variance has been lost a bit.

before that I found it way too easy.

this mode has a lot of potential for sure.

discounting the exchange of data disks would be effective i think.

because playing around with the parameters is a big part of the fun but people will not want to exchange it for ahsoka or razorquest shards.

nevertheless i think this conquest was the best so far but i am missing this craziness at the beginning.
    Post edited by ReyVsMando on
  • In Sector 3, there is a feat where you have to apply 50 thermal detonators to enemies. The last two Conquests I just threw some gear 8 Jawas at the relic’d Geonosian team and I got to 50 in two or three battles. This Conquest, however, is not cooperating. I have played the battle six or seven times now and EVERY TIME they go after my Scavenger first, and I get no thermals applied. I don’t know if the devs changed the programming or something but this is super unfair. How else am I supposed to get the feat done? Let me know how you guys did it if you actually completed it because I can’t get the next prize box without it. Thanks!
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Rey lead
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    Rey lead

This. GL Rey lead - put lifeblood on scavenger. Profit.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I use my BHs, but have not tried this round to go after that feat yet.
  • The_Slizzlemeister
    6 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Yeah.....
    I don’t have Rey and none of my Bounty Hunters have thermal detonators...
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    i did jawas and it worked fine, if anything check your jawa's health and protection, if scavenger is the lowest they will go after him first (if i noticed it right that is, they always them going after least healthy ally)
  • Not sure how everyone else is taking this conquest but every past event I’ve been able to get to the end or close to it on normal but I’m stuck midway on tier 2 and can’t get past it this time. I feel they definitely need to adjust it back some, it was fun before but now it’s cranked up way too high. Thoughts?
  • Yes. It needs some balances. Stats and turn meters don't make sense;
      • Sector 3-> Steadfast Retribution.
      • Sector 3-> Grim Machinations.
      • Sector 3-> When the Mighty Fall.
    • DEATHER
      87 posts Member
      I dont see that its more difficult, i am 420/425 on Hard conquest, dont have any 4* datadisk, it feels its the same with diferent bosses.
    This discussion has been closed.