Conquest 4 Feedback [MERGE]

Replies

• I prefer the new one, especially on hard mode. Previously the end reward crate was way too accessible.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    the only teams they changed were teh boss nodes. They left every other team comp the same so I don't know what you're even talking about. Also they "changed them up" with teams you ALREADY FACE in conquest :joy: only teams they "added" were Rey and SLK. For 2 nodes.

As for the second part of your comment. Yes, you're 100% right. Silly me using Traya vs geonosians. or NS vs geonosians. Or, most hilariously, DRevs vs Geonosians. We all know those are terrible counters that never work. Such crap teams. r7 Malak gets oneshot by an r5 geo spy but hey, Malak is an awful toon anyway. Really my own fault for even bothering to use him. What a waste of relic mats he was.

I clearly have been beating them. You completely missed my point in your bid to tell me I'm incompetent. That modifier is completely and obscenely overused at this point and Conquest is becoming the new Galactic Challenge at an accelerated rate. Conquest was previously fun and used the full roster. Now it doesn't. Now it can't. CG's entire strategy in the game across every mode now is just to make it harder and give teh enemies obscene stats that we can't match or beat. With modifiers in play you'd think they wouldn't just do obscene power boosts, but that's exactly what they're relying on now for difficulty. It's lazy and removes all strategy from Conquest as a mode.

I don’t know how you have trouble against Geos using Revan or Traya unless they’re low on stamina or the mods aren’t good... all those teams I can clear using Padme without any trouble. Sure they might go first some of the time but it’s never been an issue unless they’re below 50% stamina.

I think the fact that you just use Padmé against all of those teams is kind of the point. For end-game players it's not even that fun - just switch off GLs until you have to do feats. There's no theorycrafting as the design discourages moving data discs. With no counter, feats are a bad guessing game (especially since enemy stats are hidden).

I think the OP's overall point is that if the goal of Conquest was to make a longer, boring, more monotonous buggier version of old Galactic War, CG succeeded.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ryconnan
    168 posts Member
    I am all done on hard mode. My alt is nearly at crate 6. While it’s different it doesn’t feel particularly harder. I finished a touch quicker this time in fact. 😀👍
  • Mitch08
    300 posts Member
    It's harder, but not impossible. I will say, it was far less enjoyable, and is already feeling stagnant.
  • For me it's much harder (I know I barely make the GP cap) Last time I got the max crate with no problem, and now I think I'll get the next to last crate, biut the last will be very difficult.
  • I literally can’t get past the Rey boss.. my only gl is JML and she’s wiping my all r7 team within a few turns. It’s way harder
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    I think the most annoying thing about the changed discs/bosses is that they didn't adjust any of the feats to compensate. "Inflict Marked 40 times" is significantly more difficult tedious without being able to spam mark abilities (Piett, JKR). Bosses that are immune to TM reduction with TM reduction feats and no visible UI way of tracking it remain annoyingly poorly tested. (or deliberately nearly impossible).

Also really CG, I get that you want players to have to spend on refreshes or consumables; you're a business. However, making us pay to test out new data disc combinations while having the tension of "but you can BARELY get CAT if you spend <50 total currency over the next 3 conquests" is pure kitten. Make the swapping of discs free so we can ENJOY the game mode. With such narrow margins to get characters, I feel pressured to not touch my data discs, and this ends up feeling more like a tedious Galactic War than a fun game mode that it was previously with broken combos being facilitated in order to beat broken enemy modifiers.
    Post edited by WookieWookie on
  • dogwelder79
    1465 posts Member
    I literally can’t get past the Rey boss.. my only gl is JML and she’s wiping my all r7 team within a few turns. It’s way harder

I had to use consumables to beat Rey, and only 1 of my toons was left alive at the end. SEE was way easier on the previous conquests.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    I literally can’t get past the Rey boss.. my only gl is JML and she’s wiping my all r7 team within a few turns. It’s way harder

I cleared GLRey pretty easily with JML.

Team:
    JML (lead)
    JKL
    JKR
    GAS
    Hoya Old Ben

Strat: Mark GLRey and kill her first. Her whirlwinds will have to target JML. Use JML special to keep JML alive. (Ult to refresh Hoya's third Old Ben's Mind Tricks and team stun a second time with JKL really came in clutch) Kill the remaining non JTRs, then use JML's ability on GAS (can't miss despite JTR's stacking mastery and evasion) and get a bunch of marks in for the feat while JTR is getting whittled down.

Finished with all five standing and both the non-TM related feats.[/quote]
    Post edited by WookieWookie on
  • Sanderzas
    581 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    I killed rey with the team that I use all the time in arena: DR lead, bastila, wat, thrawn, brood: give weapon tech to DR, use fear after rey her first turn, fracture rey before the gets to whirlwind. make sure she hit's the damage immunity before the fracture expires, try to kill finn or poe with AoE's while you're getting stuck on the deathmark.
    After fracture expires she'll get her ultimate, normally you should survive it if the brute is alive, after the ult, fracture her again and kill her, then kill her allies.

This got me 3* but no feats, I'll come back to the feats later if I have to
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    edited May 2021

Team:
    JML (lead)
    JKL
    JKR
    GAS
    Hoya

Strat: Mark GLRey and kill her first. Her whirlwinds will have to target JML. Use Hoya and JML special to keep JML alive. (Ult to refresh Hoya's third ability and team stun a secodn time with JKL really came in clutch) Kill the remaining non JTRs, then use JML's ability on GAS (can't miss despite JTR's stacking mastery and evasion) and get a bunch of marks in for the feat while JTR is getting whittled down.

Finished with all five standing and both the non-TM related feats.

One of those non TM related feats is no support units and Hoda is a support unit so…..
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • ImaSmakya wrote: »

Team:
    JML (lead)
    JKL
    JKR
    GAS
    Hoya Old Ben

Strat: Mark GLRey and kill her first. Her whirlwinds will have to target JML. Use JML special to keep JML alive. (Ult to refresh Hoya's third Old Ben's Mind Tricks and team stun a second time with JKL really came in clutch) Kill the remaining non JTRs, then use JML's ability on GAS (can't miss despite JTR's stacking mastery and evasion) and get a bunch of marks in for the feat while JTR is getting whittled down.

Finished with all five standing and both the non-TM related feats.

One of those non TM related feats is no support units and Hoda is a support unit so…..

Good catch. I think that was Old Ben. My bad. Edited.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Yeah.....
    I don’t have Rey and none of my Bounty Hunters have thermal detonators...

How?

My alt is 3.1m and has a g7 Dengar, I can easily get 5-10 before he dies. There's also Greedo and Zam.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    flux_rono wrote: »
    i did jawas and it worked fine, if anything check your jawa's health and protection, if scavenger is the lowest they will go after him first (if i noticed it right that is, they always them going after least healthy ally)

I'm pretty sure it's RNG, they might be more likely to go after lower but it's not consistent.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    Yeah.....
    I don’t have Rey and none of my Bounty Hunters have thermal detonators...

How?

My alt is 3.1m and has a g7 Dengar, I can easily get 5-10 before he dies. There's also Greedo and Zam.

And use Zam lead to get a few extra with who ever else you use.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I think the fact that you just use Padmé against all of those teams is kind of the point. For end-game players it's not even that fun - just switch off GLs until you have to do feats. There's no theorycrafting as the design discourages moving data discs. With no counter, feats are a bad guessing game (especially since enemy stats are hidden).

I think the OP's overall point is that if the goal of Conquest was to make a longer, boring, more monotonous buggier version of old Galactic War, CG succeeded.

I don’t only use Padme against them, if it’s Geos I’ll use Vader as well. Shaak and Clones or Jedi teams. Fact is I move my disks around quite a bit, considering some of them won’t work for certain feats
  • Sjh71nh
    17 posts Member
    I was thinking it’s harder as well. I’m stuck at GAS/501 (2nd boss) and can’t get past it. Definitely seems harder.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    1jgc3a8zxkdy.jpg
    bscaq2augaoa.jpg

This is what I face at the at of the journey, no purple days card. Thks for the RNG. Sure been helpful
  • LordGrahck
    344 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    I would like to give a special thank you to the Devs of SWGOH for ruining one of their best game modes. I am speaking, of course, about Galactic Conquest, which was quite enjoyable the first couple times I've played it. My account is at 4.5 mill GP, and I was able to go through the normal mode quite easily the first time I played it. The second round I went into hard mode. While I didn't get past tier 3 due to the limits of my roster and the difficulty of the teams I was facing, I did enjoy it quite well and thought I did a good job getting as far as I did considering. However, that has changed.

The best data disks that before made it possible for my roster to get as far as it did have been removed, and replaced with a nearly useless alternative. Combine that with the getting offered time and time again multiples of the same worthless options of data disks over and over and over and over again, it's a miracle that I've gotten as far as I have in this most recent Galactic Conquest. I am stuck at the boss for the 2nd tier. I have tried nearly every viable team that I have available. I have remodded my toons several times. In getting to this point, I have literally been offered Potency Calibration at every single opportunity to pick up a data disk. Several times, there were multiples of that same data disk to choose from. Instead of getting data disks to help with turn meter, boost damage, or increase survivability, I'm getting data disks to boost my potency under certain circumstances.

So, this is a very special "Thank you", CG. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for ruining what was once the best game mode you ever came up with.

Keep up the good work.

Lord Grahck
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Magruffin
    760 posts Member
    Yeah the quality level dropped hard when they changed up the discs
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    As a counter perspective, I have preferred this run. A lack of DCS Disks has prevented the cheese and made me work a bit for my red crate. This feels more like the challenge that was initially presented to us.
  • I think it is RNG bad luck OP. I gave done this fleet many times
  • I think it is RNG bad luck OP. I gave done this fleet many times

How?
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    SLKR + KRU for perma taunt. Bossk, Zam, Greedo. Took 3 battles. Also tried Zam lead but it was dicey. Just took on a Tuskens team so there were no AoEs.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    As a counter perspective, I have preferred this run. A lack of DCS Disks has prevented the cheese and made me work a bit for my red crate. This feels more like the challenge that was initially presented to us.

I happen to agree. My issue with this run is the cost of changing disks coupled with the very low budget of credits to get CAT (forget buying ANYTHING else) It takes away from the fun of trying different disk combos. Make changing them free, and perhaps tweak some feats to be a little less grindy (looking at you "Mark 40 enemies feat).
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    As a counter counter perspective, I liked the cheese because it was fun! This feels more like the grind CG seems intent on presenting to us. :p

Oh and speaking of counters, a feat counter sure would be nice. ;)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

I happen to agree. My issue with this run is the cost of changing disks coupled with the very low budget of credits to get CAT (forget buying ANYTHING else) It takes away from the fun of trying different disk combos. Make changing them free, and perhaps tweak some feats to be a little less grindy (looking at you "Mark 40 enemies feat).

Agree. Going back to a battle to figure out a fun strategy is one thing, having to go back to rinse and repeat the same strategy just cause, less so.
  • RamIt_429
    2 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Your recent removal of cooling system and other disks in conquest is a direct statement that you just want money. It was a shameful move on your part because those disks didn't guarantee max rewards, but they did guarantee a fighting chance to progress further in the mode. The endless pile of AI teams with steadfast retribution and overprepared on top of ridiculously boosted stats, speed, and pre-loaded turn meter have almost made conquest into a "not worth the hassle" mode. The changes you made are a slap in the face to the players who have already invested huge amounts of money in this game. You make a tremendous amount of revenue, how about you let the players have something without you taking it away because they may actually succeed a little more?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    What GP is your account?
  • The removal of the cooling disks in particular make it harder to just cheese your way through Conquest. Which is a good thing. Sure it’s harder now to get through it but it doesn’t make it impossible, and I’m only 4.4m GP. I’ve cleared Sector 5 boss with some difficulty and now I’m just trying to clear feats to get the max crate.

If you’re stuck at the the boss of Sector 2 at 4.5m GP, you probably don’t have the roster needed for a full clear right now. Just means you gotta grow some more 🤷🏻‍♂️
This discussion has been closed.