Conquest 4 Feedback [MERGE]

Replies

• It would be nice if the stamina reduction to toons did not alter the speed. With the massive speed of all the enemy teams, even having several leaders resolves might mean your leader gets to go first 1 or 2 battles only. At nearly 2.7m my roster has essentially 1 team that has even a chance to 3 star nodes in the end of sector 3 normal. I've got some nice teams, but this game mode requires g12 to relic or ****. Getting 1 toon killed is a high penalty already. If not this, then how about free disk swapping, or no energy used in losses? Shouldn't this mode also be fun?

PS, remove the trash stun guns from the loot table. A 2 week long event should not award gear we get 3 times a week in challenges. That or add the correct guns to challenges :)
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    As a counter perspective, I have preferred this run. A lack of DCS Disks has prevented the cheese and made me work a bit for my red crate. This feels more like the challenge that was initially presented to us.

I get paid to "work". I play this game for enjoyment. The changes to the feats, the discs and the continued lack of changes regarding a counter or the cost/currency of swapping discs has made this iteration less enjoyable and more "work" (read "mundane grind"). I'm 6.8 million GP with 3 GLs - I'll get the red crate no problem.

This will also be the first Conquest I haven't spent crystals to refresh energy...because it's less enjoyable.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I like a challenge. If everything is easy there’d hardly be a point, at least for me. While I agree the grind for feats is tedious, the battles themselves are challenging and fun
  • Conquest was 9/10 with cooling Systems, now it's 3/10
  • Conquest was 9/10 with cooling Systems, now it's 3/10

Sounds like a shallow roster problem. Relying that heavily on deployable cooling systems didn’t really make conquest fun. It was just cheesing your way through for the rewards.
  • Oh darn, I only have 1 🥺

• Anakins_Master
    1014 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Sebek wrote: »
    Conquest was 9/10 with cooling Systems, now it's 3/10

Sounds like a shallow roster problem. Relying that heavily on deployable cooling systems didn’t really make conquest fun. It was just cheesing your way through for the rewards.

But he has 2 GLs :wink:, so his roster cannot be shallow :wink:

Deployable cooling Systems is fun. I can still beat conquest sector 5. The only reason to play games is to have fun, also, i still have my 1.7M account that Was almost through sector 3 with deployable cooling Systems. now, it is stuck on the GAS at the end of sector 2
  • Anakins_Master
    1014 posts Member
    edited May 2021

Deployable cooling Systems is fun. I can still beat conquest sector 5. The only reason to play games is to have fun,

Was it though, it was just spamming GMY's first special over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again

wasn't using GMY, Was using Vader :lol: altho yes, it Was kind of fun, i did not make you unstoppable because there were still counter attacks (except when using Force crush) and steadfast retribution and yes, it also did make it easier
  • Anakins_Master
    1014 posts Member
    edited May 2021

Deployable cooling Systems is fun. I can still beat conquest sector 5. The only reason to play games is to have fun,

Was it though, it was just spamming GMY's first special over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again

wasn't using GMY, Was using Vader :lol: altho yes, it Was kind of fun, i did not make you unstoppable because there were still counter attacks (except when using Force crush) and steadfast retribution and yes, it also did make it easier

It literally made you unstoppable no matter what

counter attacks...
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Sebek wrote: »

It literally made you unstoppable no matter what

counter attacks...

You know you can heal...

What About bonus turns, GAS for example....
  • he would be stacking Offense
  • 5.3 mil, with r5 and r6 teams that are well modded but cant even get past p2 of conquest GAS boss because it is so OP and the rng is off the charts.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    If this is your roster then I see your problem. It is under-powered, poorly balanced and heavily bloated with zeta and ship GP.

Getting GAS up to 7-star and relics will help but for right now your best bet there is a GR mirror - Padme, Ahsoka, GK, GMY, Shaak - with good disks.

Longer term, go easy on the relics and zetas and focus on on gearing more good characters up to g13 to round out the upper end of your roster.
  • LordGrahck
    344 posts Member
    edited May 2021

I was using Treya and the triumvirate or bounty hunters during most of the prior conquests.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member

Deployable cooling Systems is fun. I can still beat conquest sector 5. The only reason to play games is to have fun, also, i still have my 1.7M account that Was almost through sector 3 with deployable cooling Systems. now, it is stuck on the GAS at the end of sector 2

So you can't beat sector 5.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • MountainMando
    30 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    I so enjoyed the first several conquests, I really loved them. this new one is so much harder. I’m only doing normal mode, and got to the last tier every one, I now can’t get past the 3rd main boss, why did captain games make it so much harder?
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • That makes very little sense.....go easy on relics but bring good characters up to G13? that statement contradicts itself, and bloated on zetas makes zero sense as well, that has nothing to do with the gear grind required to bring other toons up to G13. It takes weeks/months of grinding to bring one toon up to G13 without spending. Sorry but that particular feedback doesn't address the lopsided conquest set up now that the best disks players could get to equalize the lopsided, overpowered AI teams were removed because god forbid players actually saw decent rewards.
  • I totally agree, I got close to end of normal last several times, now no where close to the end, no way as fun as before
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    It is harder for lower GP people i believe but for more advanced player it is fine
  • Maybe that is true, but I’m a lower GP player doing normal moad, this is way harder than before, no way as much fun
  • mariogsh
    785 posts Member
    It is harder for lower GP people i believe but for more advanced player it is fine

Hmmm, kinda, feats are a REAL pain without DCS right now

Yeah, let's see how much battles it takes to do "40 marks" on sector 4
    Also, in my case, I don't own Imperial Troopers, so my only mark option is JKR, but guess what? You need to complete 10 battles on sector 4 without an attacker

That's a hell out of extra battles...
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    Did 40 marks in two battles with GG.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    Oh my
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I know Deployable Cooling Systems was broken and that it needed to be taken out, but I miss how it changed teams. It was like playing a whole different game. Far, far too powerful, but I wish there was something that was balanced and also made me rethink how I played.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Conquest went from really fun to a gahd dam chore. Have to penny pinch every tiny bit of conquest tickets - what's the point of this game mode now? I dread the time of the day that I have to get my Darth Revan mowed over by some ewoks who apparently have +200% speed.
  • el_mago
    751 posts Member
    It really feels like DCS helped a lot of weaker rosters advance further than they should have. Now the shallowness of said rosters is really showing and suddenly it's not as fun?

I hate to make this a case of "git gud", but if the shoe fits?
  • KorAgaz
    105 posts Member
    Harder, mainly cause of the boss changes.

Last time I got max rewards in Normal. Now, seems impossible to get past GL Rey in Sector 4. She's so fast and wiping out at least one of my toons with whirlwind, before I get a turn. Tried a few combos, but as I don't have unlimited time and resources for more vain attempts, decided to call it and go to previous sectors for feats.

Might reach Crate #5 this time. Bummer.
  • KorAgaz
    105 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    TVF wrote: »

Or find a Zombie to keep marking, might take you a battle more though.

Having said that, conquest definitely is leaning towards the chore side this time around.

• Sanderzas
    581 posts Member
    KorAgaz wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Or find a Zombie to keep marking, might take you a battle more though.

The problem there is time, I only was able to mark 6 times with jkr against NS, so that's a lot more battles compared to GG
  • It's a game. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Winning is fun, losing is not.

What is always fun? Strategize how to develop your roster and gather the resources accordingly.

Good luck and enjoy!
This discussion has been closed.