Zsolt's Journey Guide for My Fellow Newbies- First Step - 7* Palpatine

Hello Everyone.

I am a really new player, started the game some months ago. I decided to start my Journey Guide diary, keeping in mind that the new players do not have G13 toons, thus most of the guides are obsolete for them. I will keep updating this as I get more and more toons from the journey guide, giving info on the toons I use for them (for the events), their ability levels, gear levels, and mods. This guide is for my fellow newbies who are seeking out advice by their level!

My first step in the journey of the SWGOH is to get a team with which I can acquire Palpatine. I cheer for the Siths and the Dark Side, though I immediately become obsessed with a good dark side team. So what is the team that I used for this event?

I figured out that the easiest, though most boring, way to get Palpatine is to raise a semi-decent Phoenix Team. They will become handy after Palpatine, as the legendary blue-skinned Admiral, Thrawn, is available only through a Phoenix Team. So let's see how to get your Phoenix and what was my bet on them.

My team was/is - Hera (Leader), Ezra, Kanan, Zeb, Chopper. I used Gear 9 on all of them, but for Palpatine, you may go for Gear 8, but your mods should be 4* or 5*. Grind more for less frustration...

It is good if you have all of them on lvl 85, though in my opinion, it is not totally necessary. It will be for Thrawn btw, so don't be a cheapskate on your credits in this subject.

First, let's see Hera. Hera is only available through a Cantine node but sometimes appears in the Guild Store. Your best bet is to start the early farm in the Cantina as it takes time...

Abilities: the leader skill: Rise Together is the most important aspect in this whole composition as it shares all the uniques among the toons, so it would be a good idea to Max it out what you will need Omegas. I do not have Omegas only in her RIse Together first, later you can add more if you wish.

Mods: My bet was to give speed for her and some potency, you may differ and give her tenacity, it is a good choice too. With the potency, you ensure the expose effect more often, while with the tenacity you give her some protection against debuffs, like the dreaded ability block that can hinder her from the Backup Plan ability usage. Speed+Potency/Tenacity. On receiver Speed is important I think, it is good if she gets more turns. For the Holo-array you can look for either health or offense...your call..more bulky Hera (more survivability) or more offensive Hera (less survivability). For the multiplexer, Potency, Tenacity, Protection, Health. Your choice, if you build a potent Hera, go for the potency, for the resistive Hera, go for the Tenacity.

Ezra
The Jedi, Rebel, Phoenix young padawan is going to be our damage-dealer in the team. Ezra is only reachable only through a Cantina node. Start your farm early.
Abilities: Try to max the Push Through unique (Omegas), and later, after all the Uniques are maxed, you can go for the basic Rushing Strike and Watch and Learn too.
Mods: I used Critical Damage and Critical Chance mod sets on him. For the receiver speed would be nice, a faster Ezra is a better Ezra. For the holo-array crit. damage primary secures huge hits, and offense primary multiplexer hardens his strikes too. Overall, you need big hits from him if you want to achieve victory, as he is the real damage-dealer in the team.

Kanan
The Jedi Knight Kanan, teacher of Ezra. The tank of the team. Kanan shards can be got only through arena currency, so try to compete in the arena. Don' be afraid, failure is inevitable first. 400 currency for 10 shards, so spend your currency on him.
Abilities: Maxed Clear Mind, that is for sure. Others are 7, more is optional.
For the mods: Different ways can be viable. The idea is to make him as tanky as possible with a huge amount of health, protection, and tenacity. If he cannot use his Intervene, he serves no purpose. I went for 2 sets of Health, 1 set of Tenacity. Some speed would be nice, but I focused more on health and tenacity.

Zeb
Garazeb Orelios. He can serve two purposes. One is a damage dealer, the other one is a stunner. I chose the stunner, it helped me with the crowd-control against Palpatine and Thrawn too. Zeb will be easier to fetch, Shards can be bought from Galactic War Store, 400 for 10 shards. Spend your currency on him!
Abilities:[i/] Shrug Off maxed. For the others, level 7, more is optional.
Mods:[i/] So for this, you can go two ways. I vote for the stunner. This route requires potency, so go for it. Potency sets and potency multiplexer. If you want a damage dealer, go for CC and CD. For me, the stun was extremely useful with Ezra's and Hera's assists, just as for the counters.

And for the last place, Chopper
Without Chopper, both events are a pain in the ****, with him(it), it will be easier, just as later in the Galactic War, Arena, and everywhere else. You can buy Chopper shards from Cantina Store. You will farm Cantina for Hear and Ezra so try to spend your currency on the Choppers. 10 shards for 400 currency.
Abilities:[i/] Unique maxed. Others are optional, but since CHopper is such a good toon, I maxed out all of the abilities, no zetas required, only omegas. The basic is awesome with omegas, as it can reduce cooldowns for the others
Mods: I chose the speedy Chopper, the more turns it gets, the better for the team. Go for SPEED/whatever. I chose Health, to make it bulkier. Speed receiver and whatever for the holo-array and multiplexer. Health/tenacity/Protection would be nice for primaries.

So, now let's see the last stage of the event itself.

For the first turn, you may receive some attack, as Vader tends to be faster against rebels.

5er9fcd7sb7f.jpg

You will have some debuffs, but that is not going to be a problem, yet.

You may try to point Palpatine, it would be good if you can take him out first. Try stuns with Zeb on Palpatine/Vader. Royal Guards will have their taunts kick in, but it's okay, use Ezra and Chopper to remove the taunts.

mia9yvanx8o9.jpg

Annihilate Palpatine as fast as you can and remove a Royal Guard too, avoiding future nuisances from the taunt.

wffcb6po9z62.jpg

You can choose from the remaining R(oyal) G(uard) / Vader. I chose RG and then destroy Vader.

0un7jmc2joj7.jpg

For the fight, if you can eliminate Palpatine, you will be good to go. I used Gear 9 on all of them, Gear 8 would be viable too, though you will definitely need Gear 9 for Thrawn.

That is all for the first guide, with this, you will acquire Palpatine on 7* and can move on to Thrawn.