Galactic conquest completely locked out of max rewards

Antiparadox
8 posts Member
edited May 2021
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/galactic-conquest-bad-game-design/m-p/10377211/highlight/false#M48662

I made this bug report, have a read, in a nutshell, you play sector by sector getting all feats, equipping disks and buying commander ashoka shards as you go along, finally coming up on SLKR boss team where apparently having decay TM data disks makes them unkillable, with no credits left I am locked out of rewards, really ready to ditch this game, why do you need credits to remove disks, there would have been no problem if I could have removed them. I have 5 decay turn meter disks equipped with no way of unequipping them, thanks to whoever came up with this, you just made the game unappealing to me.

Replies

• Yado101
    144 posts Member
    Options
    Sounds like a user error
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed - charging a resource that is only attainable within the single game mode to complete said game mode is very poor design. Also in before someone uses "resource management" to explain away poor game design.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Yado101 wrote: »
    Sounds like a user error

sounds like a guy missing the bigger picture
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Unfortunately as they said it's not a bug.

May I ask, how/when you spent all your currency?
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

My goodness! Mercy me! Don't make toon currency the same as gameplay mechanics. Sure, it's not a bug, but it's really not encouraging people to engage with what is seen by many as the coolest thing they've introduced in a long time. He probably spent on unequipping disks and shards of CAT.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Here I am literally just trying to gain information to pass along to the people who make these decisions in an attempt to try and make a change I have been pushing for since day one, but yes, my goodness indeed.

Also as an FYI, this is a somewhat slightly isolated situation. Once the shard price is corrected you will have a whopping 50 currency left for "folding money".
  • Options

i got 20 commander ashoka shards and just got them as i went along, sector 1 i found shards, sector 2 also, etc, so by the time i got to sector 4 and found the scavenger my galactic credits were all gone.
  • Options

i got 20 commander ashoka shards and just got them as i went along, sector 1 i found shards, sector 2 also, etc, so by the time i got to sector 4 and found the scavenger my galactic credits were all gone.
    You are misremembering. She first appeared in sector 2, so if you’ve bought 20 shards you’ve bought her in 2-5.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    How did you spend all your credits from the previous GC? How did you not learn by now that it's always good to have some currencies on stock?
  • Options
    Shards for Mando Beskar ship (which can only be bought in GC) and the very occassional stimpacks, but the most are of course Mando ship and Ashoka, guess Ashoka is 550 or so and then you quickly go through all your reserves. It still doesn't seem logic that you would need to pay credits to remove mods, they are clearly blocking me from my rewards and thus it is still extremely bad game design any way you look at it.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Here I am literally just trying to gain information to pass along to the people who make these decisions in an attempt to try and make a change I have been pushing for since day one, but yes, my goodness indeed.

Also as an FYI, this is a somewhat slightly isolated situation. Once the shard price is corrected you will have a whopping 50 currency left for "folding money".

Here's some information you can pass along then :

1) Virtually no one in my guild bothers with boss feats. They trudge through each sector and wait until someone posts a comp/solution on the forums, Reddit or YouTube. Because no counter and switching discs costs character currency.

2) Virtually no one in my guild switches discs ever. Because it costs character currency. Some of the best theorycrafters I know have basically said "don't bother" when it comes to switching discs....because the character currency needed is too valuable other places.

3) Other than the two specific examples above, no one talks about Conquest in chat...except to complain about what a boring drag it is, the "hidden stats" of enemies or to marvel at the fact that EVERY leader modifier was botched this time and the like.

TL;DR - Conquest was a great opportunity for an engaging new game mode....and it's being wasted.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Shards for Mando Beskar ship (which can only be bought in GC) and the very occassional stimpacks, but the most are of course Mando ship and Ashoka, guess Ashoka is 550 or so and then you quickly go through all your reserves. It still doesn't seem logic that you would need to pay credits to remove mods, they are clearly blocking me from my rewards and thus it is still extremely bad game design any way you look at it.

So you started this Conquest with 0? Or do you remember?

The general way they look at this, is the cost makes the choices in which discs you equip more meaningful. This can be seen in the conversation about people not wanting to move them and therefore some make more thoughtful choices as they move along about which ones they are going to equip. Just an FYI, not a defense.
  • Options
    It would be nice if instead of the conquest currency you could use crystals to unequip. This would allow people to save the currency for character shards and maybe give a bit more incentive to swap disks around. It would also prevent what happened to OP.

Other than that you could always plan out disks a bit more. Before you start check out all bosses (you can see them) SLKR was obvious you dont want to have tm removal disks because tm removal stacks health. I am in sector 4 still and while I have picked up some of the decay TM disks I am waiting to equip them until after I beat the SLKR boss and then go back to try some of the tm removal feats.
  • Options

The general way they look at this, is the cost makes the choices in which discs you equip more meaningful. This can be seen in the conversation about people not wanting to move them and therefore some make more thoughtful choices as they move along about which ones they are going to equip. Just an FYI, not a defense.

I started close to 0 yes, but certainly not more than 200
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I started close to 0 yes, but certainly not more than 200

Thank you.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    It also makes 75% of the disks I acquire worthless because I am not going to spend invaluable currency to swap them and it removes 90% of the fun of having disks in the first place because I am certainly not going to burn currency repeatedly swapping them around to theorycraft solutions to feats.

So they might as well give me a delete button for the all the worthless mods on the right because at this point they are just screen clutter.
    f9i6djbpukno.png
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    It also makes 75% of the disks I acquire worthless because I am not going to spend invaluable currency to swap them and it removes 90% of the fun of having disks in the first place because I am certainly not going to burn currency repeatedly swapping them around to theorycraft solutions to feats.

So they might as well give me a delete button for the all the worthless mods on the right because at this point they are just screen clutter.
    f9i6djbpukno.png

Which means the discs on the left side were put there with thoughtful intent.

(Again, not a defense)
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

f9i6djbpukno.png

Which means the discs on the left side were put there with thoughtful intent.

(Again, not a defense)
    How do you know I wasn't drunk at the time? :p