MOD question: does Master Jedi Yoda need speed?

Korban
100 posts Member
Guys, I can't figure out if it's beneficial to put +Speed on him.

Does he benefit from it?

Replies

• Sanderzas
    581 posts Member
    If you use him with jedi revan he doesn't need that much speed, it's best to give yoda more offense (with some speed, but offense is more important).

If you use him with padme, you need speed, because with padme he can't get the TM he gets with revan (you can call him to assist very often and if the enemy is above 50% health he gets TM, but padme blocks the TM gain)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    There are very few characters that benefit from not adding speed. Droideka and JKL (isolated to strategic use of his lead), are the main 2. Tanks, especially those who pretaunt or gain taunt out of turn can also benefit from lower speed so they hold taunt longer.

Yes, speed on GMY (Grand Master Yoda) is a good idea. Did you have a strategy in mind where you see him benefiting from lower speed?
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Anywhere from 250 total speed and up is good.

Though his kit is useful even without offense and crit. The ability to steal and spread buffs and protection to your entire team before most enemy teams is useful. A 320 or greater speed GMY without crits and offense can easily turn most 5v5 battles in your favor.

However, a 10000+ damage GMY with 222% CD being called to assist by Bastila, Jolee, and JKR is a good ally to have. There are probably 20 or so characters in the game that can hit for near 200000 damage. GMY is 1 of them.

I used to run mine faster. It kinda depends on how important the team is now to you. If your arena is JKR with GMY you probably want max offense on a CD set. If it is for JKR in GAC, a hybrid of speed offense around 270 is fine, regardless of sets, and if it is Padme arena, all speed fast as possible.
    ftk16hgh7cuo.png
    This dude is #1 kyber Div 1 GAC. That might be most insightful in best General GMY mod.
    mw6bz8icyn1d.png
    Post edited by Mephisto_style on
    This dude is #1 kyber Div 1 GAC. That might be most insightful in best General GMY mod.
    mw6bz8icyn1d.png
    No, that's just highlighting why it's good that they finally reworked division thresholds.
    mw6bz8icyn1d.png
    No, that's just highlighting why it's good that they finally reworked division thresholds.

How so?
  • The number 1 guy in Kyber has a horribly modded GMY.

Potency cross? 4900 special offence? SMH head.
  • Korban
    100 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    There are very few characters that benefit from not adding speed. Droideka and JKL (isolated to strategic use of his lead), are the main 2. Tanks, especially those who pretaunt or gain taunt out of turn can also benefit from lower speed so they hold taunt longer.

Yes, speed on GMY (Grand Master Yoda) is a good idea. Did you have a strategy in mind where you see him benefiting from lower speed?

I use GMY with Revan team. (Revan, Bastilla, Jolly Bindo, Juhani or other Jedi attacker)
  • Korban wrote: »

I use GMY with Revan team. (Revan, Bastilla, Jolly Bindo, Juhani or other Jedi attacker)
    If he’s in a JKR team, he does not need speed at all.
  • Korban
    100 posts Member
    Korban wrote: »

If he’s in a JKR team, he does not need speed at all.

Thank you.

I'm doing quite well in the Arena with Empire team (Vader, Thrawn, Palp, Tarkin, Shoreetrooper)
    But I need a strong team for Galaxy Conquest. Right now I'm getting owned on "normal" mode, Act 3.
    JKR team gets destroyed, being 140,000 gp.
  • Korban
    100 posts Member
    Guys, could you please comment where I go wrong? (Mods, etc)

https://swgoh.gg/p/265587195/

Much appreciated.
  • Korban wrote: »
    Guys, could you please comment where I go wrong? (Mods, etc)

https://swgoh.gg/p/265587195/

Much appreciated.

Take my opinion with a grain of salt:
    -too much potency
    -a bit much tenacity
    -arrow i’d go perhaps with crit damage instead of crit chance.
    -more focus on speed & offense secondaries
  • Korban
    100 posts Member
    Took out Lenendary teams in areana, with minimal Zetas. Ha-ha!nefh01wr8s9c.jpg
    t79m7ccmmp2j.jpg
    2zie8b9poxsd.jpg
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Funny looking Yoda
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • @Korban quick pointer for your long term prospects:

Taking top spot in arena when you have over 15 hours until your payout is not a smart move. I don’t know about the other players listed in your screenshots, but there’s a high chance some of them had their payout at or around the time you were in 1.

You should be aiming to get to top spot during the hour you get your arena payout - not 15 hours beforehand.
  • Korban
    100 posts Member
    Noted, thank you.

Any pointers which team I should invest materials to? Right now I'm spreading it between teams, instead of buffing up some top ones (but it's very fun to play different teams and not be restricted to 1 or 2 only)