Am I Doing As Well As I Should Be? (Level 71, as of right now)

SirHusky
19 posts Member
edited June 1
I am level 71, and I don’t know if I’m doing as well as I should. I’ve seen other things and some players my level seem to be doing better. I have a 7* Jedi Consular 11,604 power with ability tier 6 all abilities and gear tier 8. I have Grand Master Yoda 6* 8397 power ability tier 4, 5, & 6. Gear tier 9. My best team is Leader Grand Master Yoda, Jedi Consular, 5* Barris Offee, 5* Obi Wan Old Ben, and 5* Mace Windu. I am rank 3363 in Squad Arena. 658 in Fleet Arena. I am in a pretty good guild with 148 Million GP. Finished stage 7 hard light side, starting stage 7 normal dark side, doing stage 6 cantina, and finished stage 8 mod battles. I have quite a few allies with galactic legends. I’d like to know if I’m doing as well as I should. Thanks!
Post edited by SirHusky on

Replies

  • SirHusky
    19 posts Member
    My ally code is 818-518-125! Yes, I am the infamous Mol Eliza!
  • SirHusky
    19 posts Member
    You can check my progress with my ally code 😉
  • SirHusky
    19 posts Member
    edited May 31
    xqmwph1c2rq3.jpeg
    This is my own logo! Hope you like it!
    Post edited by SirHusky on
  • Waqui
    8392 posts Member
    You should check out the in-game journey guide to see the requirements for unlocking the various legendary characters. F.ex. 5 Phoenix characters unlock Thrawn, 5 Separatists unlock Padmé and so forth.

    If you prefer continuing with a jedi team and taking GMY to 7* you should focus on farming Old Ben, Kanan, Ezra, Jolee and Bastilla Shan since they all are part of the requirements for some other of the early legendary characters. Stop wasting more resources on JC and Mace Windu. Bariss is mediocre. Don't gear Old Ben too much. With your guild you will soon unlock General Kenobi - a much better jedi/Republic tank.
  • SirHusky
    19 posts Member
    edited May 31
    Waqui wrote: »
    You should check out the in-game journey guide to see the requirements for unlocking the various legendary characters. F.ex. 5 Phoenix characters unlock Thrawn, 5 Separatists unlock Padmé and so forth.

    If you prefer continuing with a jedi team and taking GMY to 7* you should focus on farming Old Ben, Kanan, Ezra, Jolee and Bastilla Shan since they all are part of the requirements for some other of the early legendary characters. Stop wasting more resources on JC and Mace Windu. Bariss is mediocre. Don't gear Old Ben too much. With your guild you will soon unlock General Kenobi - a much better jedi/Republic tank.
    Thanks. Obviously I cannot get Padmé as I’m not level 85. I have a horrible Phoenix Team :/ I have 23 GK shards and 60 Han Solo shards. I have 40 General Grevious shards. General Grevious will help with padme. Thanks for the response. My Jedi Consular is by far my best character though.

  • Waqui
    8392 posts Member
    SirHusky wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    You should check out the in-game journey guide to see the requirements for unlocking the various legendary characters. F.ex. 5 Phoenix characters unlock Thrawn, 5 Separatists unlock Padmé and so forth.

    If you prefer continuing with a jedi team and taking GMY to 7* you should focus on farming Old Ben, Kanan, Ezra, Jolee and Bastilla Shan since they all are part of the requirements for some other of the early legendary characters. Stop wasting more resources on JC and Mace Windu. Bariss is mediocre. Don't gear Old Ben too much. With your guild you will soon unlock General Kenobi - a much better jedi/Republic tank.
    Thanks. Obviously I cannot get Padmé as I’m not level 85. I have a horrible Phoenix Team :/ I have 23 GK shards and 60 Han Solo shards. I have 40 General Grevious shards. General Grevious will help with padme. Thanks for the response. My Jedi Consular is by far my best character though.

    Yeah, GG is great and you should buy his shards from the fleet shop. JC, however, is one of the weaker jedi. Yes, his healing may help you through GW and his ship may help you early on but as soon as you farm/gear Bastilla, Jolee etc. you will see how weak JC really is. I wouldn't waste more resources on him.
  • Jarvind
    3814 posts Member
    It's much easier to get advice by making a profile on swgoh.gg and linking to it, rather than asking people to go ingame and track you down via ally code.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png



  • MrSender
    77 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    It's much easier to get advice by making a profile on swgoh.gg and linking to it, rather than asking people to go ingame and track you down via ally code.

    Agree very much, and also tip: don't unlock characters you're not going to use or touch yet. Just keep them flashing and keep their shards. Unlocking them just adds to your GP which could screw you up in a few different ways.
  • SirHusky
    19 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    It's much easier to get advice by making a profile on swgoh.gg and linking to it, rather than asking people to go ingame and track you down via ally code.
    Oh yeah I have a SWGOH.gg account. Here it is: https://swgoh.gg/u/sirhusky/
  • Zanir
    162 posts Member
    If your best toon is Jedi Consular, then you are most definitely not doing as well as you could be.
  • Just saw your roster and completely agree with Waqui. Here is what I am doing and hopefully you can draw some inspiration from it:
    OG Jedi Team: Ahsoka, Old Ben, Ezra, Kanan, Jedi Consular
    *Got Phoenix and Rebels team going and also unlocked GMY and Bastila*
    Jedi Team v2: Bastila, GMY, Ahsoka, JKA, Jedi Consular
    ^ used this team for QUITE a while
    *Got Separatists going and unlocked Padme and Jolee
    Current:
    Jedi Team v3: Bastila, GMY, Jolee, Qui-Gon, Jedi Consular
    Galactic Republic: Padme, Ahsoka, JKA, Mace Windu, Barriss
    * Unlock Jedi Knight Revan, General Kenobi and Hermit Yoda* <---where I am now
    Jedi Team v4: JKR, Bastila, GMY, Jolee, Hermit Yoda
    Galactic Republic v2: Padme, Ahsoka, JKA, GK, Barriss
    This is me kind of winging it. As a result my first GL will probably be Kenobi lol
  • Arva
    59 posts Member
    Honnestly, no. this account is in a terrible state and if you want to play it competitivly, i would rly recommend to start over with a proper farming plan. you have 0 investment in fleet, and its the most important part early. you wont be able to get the zeta mat challenge by lvl 78, and that in itself will set you very far back. in addition, you are gonna miss all thoose crystals from a top 10 fleet placement for a long time. and by the time you might get there, other people will allready unlock their get 2 ships.
  • As an observation the vast majority of people don't play all that competitively and have never finished top 10 in fleet or arena. And they still enjoy themselves. So depending on where the OP in the "playing for fun" vs "playing to compete" line would determine if they felt the need to restart.

    Now for the OP I would just mention that you need to differentiate between your current "strongest" character and good characters. At the early stages of the game your highest star, highest geared, highest leveled character defaults to being the strongest. The key is learning which characters are actually good and investing the levels, gear, stars, omegas and zetas to those characters.

    As stated Jedi Consular is a very weak character whose primary benefit comes in that they just throw his shards at you and he can be used to unlock Grand Master Yoda. You should not invest anything more in him. If you want to play at a bit more of a competitive level then there are any number of farming guides out you can look at. Or pick a good Legendary character to go after and start focusing on their unlock team and eventually supporting cast.

    I tend to suggest going for Padme as she is a bit easier to get and you can get her with Geos. Which frankly are an easier unlock team for most people then using Grievous. And Geos are an great fleet. And if you take them to g12 you can earn a Wat shard which is a desirable trait for getting into a Geo Territory Battle running guild. Which you should want to do at some future point.
  • SirHusky
    19 posts Member
    I don’t really feel the need to play at a competitive level. I just play for fun and like to take things nice and slow. I am not restarting, I have been playing for 6 months. Thanks for all the responses.
  • SirHusky
    19 posts Member
    Having 7* Jedi Consular is good for joining heroic raids :) I couldn’t do them before because my guild only does heroic. It has heroic sim rancor. That’s one good thing about JC being easy to farm :wink:
  • Take a look through my new player guide here in this thread.

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/245224/updated-new-player-farming-path-by-intimmydation/p1

    Starting over isn't a bad thing, I've been playing my new account in that thread for 1.5 weeks and am at level 48 now. So probably if you started over you'd be back to level 71 in just about a month, but with a better developed roster.

    However, you don't HAVE to start over, but need to put together a solid plan of where to go. You can still get this from my guide based on the teams you should start building. You will be behind because you won't have invested in fleet early which is the best place to get that crystal income started, but if you are just playing for fun it will still help you put together some proper teams.
  • SirHusky wrote: »
    Having 7* Jedi Consular is good for joining heroic raids :) I couldn’t do them before because my guild only does heroic. It has heroic sim rancor. That’s one good thing about JC being easy to farm :wink:

    Not gonna lie I never spent one point of energy on mine, I got him, Royal Guard and Snowtrooper to 7 stars just from the free Bronzium data cards. I have an alt at level 58 that I started May 4th with five 7 star characters that were all incredibly easy to farm and none of them are Jedi Consular.
    SirHusky wrote: »
    I don’t really feel the need to play at a competitive level. I just play for fun and like to take things nice and slow. I am not restarting, I have been playing for 6 months. Thanks for all the responses.

    At the end of the day, play how you want. Its a fun game that caters to all types. Since you are still level 72 there is still plenty of time until you get to 85 to change farming strategies if you feel the need. Keep in mind though that there's going to be content that you might not be able to complete that are both pve and pvp when you get to 85 because it heavily depends on your roster
Sign In or Register to comment.