Conquest hard max reward

124Next

Replies

• Hornist wrote: »
    I don't necessarily care about the difficulty(easy modes are often just as much of a chore,) but there was MAGIC in the first few conquest runs that seems to be waning now. Even the repeated ones seemed more special and interesting.

This pretty much sums up how I feel about the mode as well. With my roster, taking away DCS hasn't made the mode more difficult. It's just made it way more of a grind. The first few runs of Conquest felt like something new, but the lack of ANY change to the feats since then has completely eliminated that feeling.

CG, please come up with more creative ways to "force" us to do more battles. Needing to do another 6 perfect battles after I've done 14 perfect battles in Sector 1 isn't difficult, it's just annoying. Needing to draw out multiple battles for the full 5 minutes just to get a few more Marked or thermals out there, when I could have won in 30 seconds, isn't difficult, it's just annoying. More variety in the enemies we face would also be good.
  • Jo0121
    138 posts Member
    Hornist wrote: »
    I don't necessarily care about the difficulty(easy modes are often just as much of a chore,) but there was MAGIC in the first few conquest runs that seems to be waning now. Even the repeated ones seemed more special and interesting.

This pretty much sums up how I feel about the mode as well. With my roster, taking away DCS hasn't made the mode more difficult. It's just made it way more of a grind. The first few runs of Conquest felt like something new, but the lack of ANY change to the feats since then has completely eliminated that feeling.

CG, please come up with more creative ways to "force" us to do more battles. Needing to do another 6 perfect battles after I've done 14 perfect battles in Sector 1 isn't difficult, it's just annoying. Needing to draw out multiple battles for the full 5 minutes just to get a few more Marked or thermals out there, when I could have won in 30 seconds, isn't difficult, it's just annoying. More variety in the enemies we face would also be good.

Another thing is, and I know this was mentioned million times, but paying currency for swapping disks is just annoying. We can get 2150 currency per GC and we need 2100 for Ahsoka shards.

Swapping disks and trying things out is fun. Having to worry about whether you will have enough currency isn't.

Especially since some disks prevents you from beating certain nodes (like Decay TM and SLKR)..
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Yup. I'm at the end of sector 4 and still only 2 disks equipped.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Hornist wrote: »

All of this. The first couple runs of Conquest were fun. The newer iteration is more of a mundane, long grind than it is an engaging game mode.

Part of the reason is the increase in difficulty. Once you get to sectors 4 and 5, it's not even close to "using your entire roster" - it's using your handful of top teams over and over and over again, waiting for the energy to trickle in.

It's too bad they figured out yet another way to turn what was a promising game mode into a time-sucking grind.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Conquest Runthrough - Day 7

po4okngbp5tr.png
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Stryde
    152 posts Member
    Equipping few to no data disks is smart game play if you never want to experience or waste the currency cost of removing disks and you have the team compositions to push through. (And have the crystals to spend on energy to move through sectors quicker; you'd be around the end of sector 3, beginning of 4 without spending).

I'm another player finding this game mode just another grind. At the cost of hamstringing myself for Commander Ahsoka Tano or Razor Crest shards: it's not a place to purchase gear from the store and reduce the gear grind, it's not a place to play with data disks like a souped up sandbox, and it's not a place to always attempt to reach the highest reward crate except for the above character shards. I like having choices in my game play. And I'll keep grinding until the day I devote all this time to something else. But what a daily grind to just keep up.

The developers decided to change things for this round by designing (or implementing) new disks and removing specific data disks. They did not decide to add an in-game counter for players, and I'm losing hope like a traitorous Rebel every day there's no mention of even considering the concept. They did not decide to allow earned data disk info to be viewable in the inventory besides equipping them (I'm aware you can back out with no cost). They decided to state the information about CAT and RC shards after players spent the conquest credits based on the initial information (I'm also aware the only thing I should ever do is hoard until I have all the information, and it's not beneficial to complain about CG doing what CG does).

Again, what a grind. I'm ready for some quality of life updates instead of "it's too hard to add fleet management." Somebody worked hard to create this game mode, and I'm playing it, so I should say thank you. Thank you.
  • i finally got Box 6 so im done with this mode. all i needed was the 5 extra part this game mode can blowe, its very very unfun.

which this is a game at end of the day it should be fun.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    No matter what I've had equipped these last 2 GC's I can't get past Sector 4. The first 2 I was able to get to the end of sector 5, couldn't beat it, but got to it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    twstdbydsn wrote: »
    No matter what I've had equipped these last 2 GC's I can't get past Sector 4. The first 2 I was able to get to the end of sector 5, couldn't beat it, but got to it.

GCs are one thing and Conquest is another. GC=/= Conquest.
  • TVF
    36575 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Games, Capital :)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

GCs are one thing and Conquest is another. GC=/= Conquest.

They are both GC's I can't help it they aren't creative enough with the names that the acronyms are the same. And in a thread about Conquest, I think you knew what I meant.
  • Yeah, I think the new "Galactic Battles: War" technical name, when the name has been Galactic War forever just makes Galactic Conquest the natural name for "Galactic Battles: Conquest"...which invites GB:C to be abbreviated GC in the same way that GB:W is still abbreviated GW.

I'm not saying that's good, but I think that whatever you prefer, Kyno, we're going to end up seeing a lot of it. It is a sad thing which I wish CG had prevented.

Something like "Army Arena" for the overarching name of the table with "Galactic War" the name for one option & "Conquest" the name of the other would have been more convenient for clear communication.

To be clear, I'm not saying you're wrong to encourage people to notice the confusing nature of using GC here, I'm just saying that maybe your comment could be more gentle as this confusion isn't really of TWST's making.
    Games, Capital

Also amusing.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Yeah, I think the new "Galactic Battles: War" technical name, when the name has been Galactic War forever just makes Galactic Conquest the natural name for "Galactic Battles: Conquest"...which invites GB:C to be abbreviated GC in the same way that GB:W is still abbreviated GW.

I'm not saying that's good, but I think that whatever you prefer, Kyno, we're going to end up seeing a lot of it. It is a sad thing which I wish CG had prevented.

Something like "Army Arena" for the overarching name of the table with "Galactic War" the name for one option & "Conquest" the name of the other would have been more convenient for clear communication.

To be clear, I'm not saying you're wrong to encourage people to notice the confusing nature of using GC here, I'm just saying that maybe your comment could be more gentle as this confusion isn't really of TWST's making.
    Games, Capital

Also amusing.

Also, they called it Galactic Conquest to start.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/241766/the-galactic-conquest-begins-soon
    :p
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited June 2021

To get past Sector 4 you need a GL OR a relic Empire team with TM removal/gain disks.

There isn’t another “easy” way.

I hope after the next conquest, they’ll refresh the bosses AND feats.
  • khdelboy wrote: »

To get past Sector 4 you need a GL OR a relic Empire team with TM removal/gain disks.

There isn’t another “easy” way.

I hope after the next conquest, they’ll refresh the bosses AND feats.

I’ve had success with gas/501st subbing Ashoka for either rex or arc. R7 gas and 5s r5 on everyone else.
  • DEATHER
    87 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Sector 4 boss is easily done by CLS team, you will get TM removal feat with them.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    DEATHER wrote: »
    Sector 4 boss is easily done by CLS team, you will get TM removal feat with them.

Not if your CLS team is modded well - you kill them too fast. I don't think I've ever completed that feat with CLS

ETA: I just ran it twice with my CLS (once at full and once at 90%) won both, got the feat neither time. If there was a counter, I would have some idea how close I was getting, but...CG.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    DEATHER wrote: »

Not if your CLS team is modded well - you kill them too fast. I don't think I've ever completed that feat with CLS

ETA: I just ran it twice with my CLS (once at full and once at 90%) won both, got the feat neither time. If there was a counter, I would have some idea how close I was getting, but...CG.

Counters are for the weak! /s
  • LordDirt
    4983 posts Member
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Max box each time, had plently of fun, like being able to 3 man the relic 8 kylo team with Gas, High health chewie and a very high defence fives!

Fun to solo him with SEE.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • EdSolo
    411 posts Member
    Got the top crate this time because I was more prepared after the last run through. Used refreshes early on to open sectors and complete some of the early feats. That left me time at the end for some of the more annoying feats like 100 dodges and 40 marks. Those feats were definitely easier with cooling disks, but I gave myself enough time to allow toons to naturally regain stamina. On line guides were a lot of help with boss feats. I finished with a day to spare, so I may have been able to get away with one or two less refreshes, but the CAT shards were certainly worth spending an extra 50 or 100 crystals. I just wish they would have either changed the boss feats or really looked at how much more of a pain several of them were with the changes in the bosses.
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Adamklark wrote: »
    the moment i unlock CAT i wont be bothered focusing on getting red crate, i got it everytime, but with each conquest it gets harder and harder because disk RNG. The rewards dont justify the grind, except if you aim for the ship/character shards

Until the next conquest character…