Are arrows with speed secondary worth keeping?

From what I understand, it's not possible to get arrow mods with a speed primary and speed secondary. Does that mean that any arrows with the secondary are automatically worse than the others and therefore useless? I've only hit max level recently so I only really keep mods with speed stats, but it just feels wrong to throw them away.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It depends on your feelings about seeing a unicorn. Mod secondary speed can get to the point where it is worth considering an arrow with the right primary.

If you are not hitting the cap, I would keep them to maybe upgrade later. At your level credits are going to be an issue, so they may end up getting sold later without upgrading.

Personally, I upgrade them and if I hit more than 2 upgrade on something other than speed, I sell it and cut my losses.

I have a few with 19 + speed, and I keep them for situational use or tanks, if the primary is good. 11-13 speed can be a lot to cut off a toon, but there are times it can be worth it.

I have also seen a +28 speed secondary arrow.... unicorns are real.

So no, just selling them is not always the best move, but at your level you should have bigger concerns and that is not going to be a primary focus.
  • Crit avoidance and offense primary (the last one on offense, CD, CC, health, maybe defense sets) are definitely worth keeping. Protection primary is situational but some tanks really benefit the most from a defense arrow with protection primary.

Health primary is mostly worth it on health and defense sets, defense primaries rarely ever get used.

If it's a speed set though, the only stats really worth keeping are protection and CA (if 15+). Anything else should be 20-25+ on a speed set to be worth using over a speed primary.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Not quite a unicorn, but certainly great on fives or GG (lives on fives right now because KAM is more important to me than GG) bsahb8rg0hn0.png
    Certainly they can have their uses: protection, health, and crit avoidance arrows with highly rolled speed secondaries.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Not quite a unicorn, but certainly great on fives or GG (lives on fives right now because KAM is more important to me than GG) bsahb8rg0hn0.png
    Certainly they can have their uses: protection, health, and crit avoidance arrows with highly rolled speed secondaries.

Nice. I have a +16 health primary on my wrecker. Just need to get him done to upgrade it further. Hoping to get a few more hits.

That is a unicorn, who wouldnt drop the 5 speed on a tanky toon to get that in there.
  • This unicorn was the first mod I got to +29 speed (now I got a second one) and I screamed quite a bit because why in heck couldn‘t it be any, ANY other mod but an arrow?kx4clr5k3y57.png
    But okay I learned to live with it. 😀
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    DebulMonar wrote: »
    This unicorn was the first mod I got to +29 speed (now I got a second one) and I screamed quite a bit because why in heck couldn‘t it be any, ANY other mod but an arrow?kx4clr5k3y57.png
    But okay I learned to live with it. 😀

Yeah, the potency type is probably the worst part of that mod, but yes, the needed speed to make an arrow worth it, is so high, that it being on any other mod would be so much better.