Phoenix then Empire; now what?

Amiga
11 posts Member
I’ve hit level 85, top 20 fleet, with a few decent squads. Trying to decide my new priorities. Any suggestions on where to focus my roster now?
Should I gear up Empire or Geo?
Build up my Jedis or FO?
Other guidance?
https://swgoh.gg/p/478521623/

Would really appreciate any feedback or guidance!

Replies

• Take a look at my farming guide in the thread below. You are basically in line with it right now at level 85, so you can look at the teams I suggest to put together from here.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/245224/updated-new-player-farming-path-by-intimmydation/p1

My Suggestions
    • Vader: Work on getting him to g12 and then g13 as soon as possible. And from there take him to relic 5. He will become a whole other beast and help you climb pretty quickly in Arena. You can also work on taking Thrawn up to g11 at least, but I wouldn't touch Palp or Tarkin more at this point. TFP you can go up slightly but don't prioritize him over...
    • Geos: Put your next zeta on GBA "Queen's Will" ability. Then work on getting all 5 of your Geos to at least g11. Are you in a guild currently doing DS Geo TB ?
    • Fleet: You are in a really solid position for fleet I must say. All 3 Geo ships at 7* with VD at 6* and HB already unlocked. plus the ITB already unlocked. As you gear up your Geos from above, this will make their ships stronger, as will Vader with his TAXI. I wouldn't worry about the 2x PS ships as it's just going to bloat your gp, they are not that great, and you are setup for a Geo fleet under Malevolence eventually plus an Empire fleet. You likely already have a lot of single-shard farms going (VD, ITB, HB, and HT)....and I may deprioritize HT at this moment until you finish one of the others. You can still farm Bossk up, but you have a good tank in ITB and HB will become one at some point. You will see that when you get the Geo gear levels up as well as Vader you will be an offensive force.
  • Amiga
    11 posts Member
    This is super helpful — I appreciate the targeted guidance on the teams and fleet and the longer guide.

Our guild does Hoth TB, not Geo - I think we need more GP. What does Geo TB unlock?

Already got Vader to gear12 . . .
  • Here are two really good videos to watch when it comes to getting characters to g13 and relics. It takes some focus but if you know what you are doing, you can work on them while farming your other needs, but don't neglect it or will take you forever to get there (that's what I did before my first relic).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9PIfCC2gWg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euNtGuIWFVY
  • Amiga
    11 posts Member
    These are great — didn’t realize how intensive the relic farming is !
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    You have all the pieces for commander Luke. Gear up for him. He’s very good early in many modes.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    In addition to @Intimmydation 's advice:

Since your guild doesn' t sim raids yet, you should either unlock CLS (you have all the required characters already) or zeta Vader's lead ASAP to be able to solo heroic Rancor raids. You will earn significantly better rewards (and more Han Solo shards) with a solo.

Also gear up your geonosians until you have all 5 ready to do the Wat mission in the Separatist Might TB. That will help you join a significantly stronger guild that plays Separatist Might and may sim AAT and Rancor raids while playing heroic Sith raid. Gearing the 3 Geonosian pilots will also help you stay competitive in fleet arena (a great source for crystals) - especially after you unlock Malevolence (through Separatist Might TB).
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Geos for Padme and Wat Tambor.

Empire to get R2-D2 who you’ll need for Commander Luke Skywalker event. Plus gear up your Bounty Hunters to get Chewbacca as he’s a must with CLS. Also those bloody bears for C3PO. And finish off with Han Solo and Chewie&Threepio.

Either Revan.
  • Amiga
    11 posts Member
    What levels does Vader need to be solo? Can he do the entire Rancor?

I want to get to Malevolence, maybe need to push my guild or move . . .
    Waqui wrote: »

Since your guild doesn' t sim raids yet, you should either unlock CLS (you have all the required characters already) or zeta Vader's lead ASAP to be able to solo heroic Rancor raids. You will earn significantly better rewards (and more Han Solo shards) with a solo.

Also gear up your geonosians until you have all 5 ready to do the Wat mission in the Separatist Might TB. That will help you join a significantly stronger guild that plays Separatist Might and may sim AAT and Rancor raids while playing heroic Sith raid. Gearing the 3 Geonosian pilots will also help you stay competitive in fleet arena (a great source for crystals) - especially after you unlock Malevolence (through Separatist Might TB).

• Amiga wrote: »
    These are great — didn’t realize how intensive the relic farming is !

Yep, I didn't either and so took me a while to get my first character to g13 as I was mainly just waiting on the gear to come. But, if you follow these guides (DL's getting a character to g13 and the other for relic upgrade tips), you can incorporate into your normal farming plan and get there.

Once you get to g13, it's pretty easy to take a character to relic 3, and even relic 5. For most characters being at one of those two levels is more than sufficient. But, some characters you will want to take to relic 7 and eventually 8 (Vader is a strong candidate as are a few key pilots, though not necessarily for the Geo fleet).
  • So I'm going to disagree with @KueChael @Waqui and @khdelboy about going for CLS this early, for the following reasons:
    • While you have the 5 characters needed to unlock him at 7* you will still have to make an investment in gearing them higher (g8-9 at least) which takes away from other priorities.
    • You would also have to gear up the BH (good thing is you have the 5 already that can do the event, just need more stars on Bossk....and gear overall).
    • Chewpio is only at 2 stars and is a very long farm, you need him minimum 5* for the team to really start functioning (you can keep farming him on the side so you'll have him ready eventually)
    • Lastly, and ideally, you would need C3PO to really make the team a beast, which means farming and gearing 5 ewoks
    • In the end if you go this route, you will have one top 3 non-GL team in CLS, one decent BH team but not even really the BH team you ultimately want, and then 2 teams (excess rebels & ewoks) that are pretty useless other than backwall GAC teams for a while
    • It's going to a be LOT of gear invested to really only get that one top tier CLS team, whereby you would be better off investing straight into Padme after Geos, or starting to go for the two Revans.

I'm telling you this, because I took this advice of going for CLS from the forums early on because it "looked" like I was close to getting him. I started really going for him probably Feb of this year, and now 4 months later I actually have the team up and running decently (CLS, Han, Chewie all relic levels), but only just about to get the 6* on Chewpio (and I refresh his node daily), and my ewoks aren't even geared. Because of this I have a really top heavy roster but am lacking elsewhere, and if I would have known what I know now, I would not have gone for CLS at this point in time. Don't get me wrong, it is a REALLY FUN team and I love it, but it's not efficient to really put the best team in play.

If you check out my roster you will see. It's pretty similar to yours with PS and Geos (which I'm just now working on), plus Empire...and then CLS and that's really it (AND I bought the hyperdrive bundle which actually gave me a good start on CLS).

https://swgoh.gg/p/723784255/
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    So I'm going to disagree with @KueChael @Waqui and @khdelboy about going for CLS this early, for the following reasons:

My recommendation was: either unlock CLS or zeta Vader's lead to solo heroic Rancor raids (which OP's guild doesn't sim yet) and collect significantly better rewards. The earlier OP starts soloing the raid the higher return for their investment. If you disagree with that recommendation I must say that you don't understand the importance of farming gear (or maybe you simply missed the fact that OP's guild is far from being able to sim heroic Rancor raids).

And no, you don't need Chewie (BHs), Chewpio or 3P0 (ewok) to solo heroic Rancor. CLS can do that by himself so why drag the other rebels into this?

Be smart - solo heroic Rancor (or move to a guild that Sims it)
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Amiga wrote: »
    What levels does Vader need to be solo? Can he do the entire Rancor?

I want to get to Malevolence, maybe need to push my guild or move . . .
    Waqui wrote: »

Your current g11 on Vader, Tarkin and EP suffices. The tactics when using a full team of empire/Sith lead by Vader with zeta lead is to constantly remove turnmeter from the enemies so that they never take a turn while you build up enough debuffs on them to be able to one-shot them in the end with Culling Blade. Tarkin's AoE and Thrawn's fracture remove additional turnmeter. Save those abilities for when the Rancor's turnmeter builds too high. Put a bit of crit chance mods on TFP to help land tenacity down early on (and better land other debuffs). Tenacity down doesn't affect the turnmeter removal from Zader's lead since it's irresistible.

• KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    edited June 2021
    It’s not only about CLS. He’s a great rebel leader in Hoth TB. Because you should play Hoth and develop your team before going to Geo TB. And having all the characters to make him 7* is awesome. I have 3 GL’s and CLS rebels is still a top 10 team.

Much respect for your answer. Yes Ewoks( 3po)and Bounty hunters are needed for Chewie. And chewie is best under a CLS lead. BHs and scoundrels are all very valuable.
    Post edited by KueChael on
  • Amiga
    11 posts Member
    This is really good advice. I was just grappling with how much CLS takes and am also more into about the Geos.

I need to see if I can solo Rancor later today!
    So I'm going to disagree with @KueChael @Waqui and @khdelboy about going for CLS this early, for the following reasons:

• KueChael wrote: »
    It’s not only about CLS. He’s a great rebel leader in Hoth TB. Because you should play Hoth and develop your team before going to Geo TB. And having all the characters to make him 7* is awesome. I have 3 GL’s and CLS rebels is still a top 10 team.

Much respect for your answer. Yes Ewoks( 3po)and Bounty hunters are needed for Chewie. And chewie is best under a CLS lead. BHs and scoundrels are all very valuable.

Yeah absolutely CLS is an amazing team, and one of the most fun to play, just a large and long investment to ultimately get there (especially considering other options these days).

But, @Waqui made good points, he can be used for Hoth TB and raids in younger guilds that don't sim yet, so definitely a benefit.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Amiga wrote: »
    This is really good advice. I was just grappling with how much CLS takes and am also more into about the Geos.

I need to see if I can solo Rancor later today!

You will need the zeta on Vader's lead (it's not impossible without it, but much harder) and the omega on Force Crush (adding speed down) helps greatly.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    CLS can beat every tier of Galactic Conquest in easy mode and about 25-30% in hard mode.

Never underestimate a droid.. lol
  • KueChael wrote: »
    CLS can beat every tier of Galactic Conquest in easy mode and about 25-30% in hard mode.

Never underestimate a droid.. lol

CLS is a beast in Conquest, I'm loving it. Was sad when the deployable cooling system discs were removed as I relied on Vader at the time. But had my CLS team up and running (sans C3PO) the last Conquest and got all the way to Sector 5 SLKR on normal mode. No way I could beat SLKR and anyway I wouldn't have been able to get the next tier of crates, but man was great.

Now always waiting on stamina....