Relic 8 - little looser restrictions?

I'm sorry I can't find this topic if it's already out there (when I search for Relic 8 mostly all I get are people that don't understand the UI) but as a long term player in a guild for several years now I'm frustrated with the Relic 8 requirements. I'm either forced to leave my guild (which is not fun or nice) or have tons of GL characters to get to Conquest/Hard-06 (which I don't have) ... I get that perhaps you wanted to make it huge gap between whales and people that only spend 40-60 dollars a month (me) but it's been 6 months and I keep getting further and further behind (mostly in ships) as I can't get anybody to Relic 8. Is there going to be hope to make it a little more obtainable in the future? Please?

Replies

• TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Lol what does this have to do with whales.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I have 1 GL... even though they removed DCS I got the max crate (barely 😬). R8 mats are meant to be end game content.
  • Options
    So Salatious ... are you in a guild that can complete the Pit Challenge? If so were you always or did you have to move guilds for that? Did you get R8's from that ... do they now help you get max crate?
    My question/concern is around forcing players into specific guilds.
  • Options
    There are literal F2P getting r8 mats. How did you come up with that whale and $40-60/month gate?

Also, there are hundreds if not thousands of those specific guilds that can beat the Pit Raid. If you want r8 mats, you move to a guild that gets them, it's that simple. If you want to hang around in a 200m GP guild, that's fine, but it's your choice to put your farms on hold for a guild that's seemingly below your needs.

If you wanted Wat when DS TB was released or wanted to unlock the GET2 Capital ships early, you also needed a more focused guild. It's not like it's the first time that end game content is locked behind guild progression.
  • Options
    So I come up with 40-60 dollars as that's what I spend ... not a guess but fact. I'm sorry I used the word "whale" as that seems to create some trigger but it's a unqualified word. I should have said somebody who spends more than me. Which the only R8's I know certainly do.

So as somebody who has played more than 3 years, is GP ~6m and is about 4 weeks away from my 1st GL I find it very difficult to believe there are F2P R8's as a norm. I'm not saying there are zero but sounds like unicorns to me and certainly not typical. I'd love to see some examples and look them up swgoh.gg to better understand how they did it.

To your Wat example ... Ki-Adi is even a better example as I have exactly zero shards ... totally true it's a guild deal ... but its about 1 character I can't have ... there are so many others I'm fine with that. R8 however applies to ALL characters ... that's a much broader impact so it's not the same.

But really to sum it up I guess we can just agree to disagree on guilds. I'm sure there are hundreds out there ... but they are not my guild. Words like fun, friends, loyalty are my reasons I posted this ... it's my feedback about not forcing guild movement. You may not agree with that ... that's fine, I would not be surprised if you did switch guilds ... doesn't change my request to the developers that I wish they didn't make it the most forward option to R8.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    There are literal F2P getting r8 mats.

• TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    ObiDonny wrote: »
    So as somebody who has played more than 3 years, is GP ~6m and is about 4 weeks away from my 1st GL I find it very difficult to believe there are F2P R8's as a norm.

My 3.2m alt is f2p and has had SLKR for months. How do you not have multiple GL by now?
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2323 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    So Salatious ... are you in a guild that can complete the Pit Challenge? If so were you always or did you have to move guilds for that? Did you get R8's from that ... do they now help you get max crate?

Actually my guild can’t quite clear the Cpit yet, though we’re getting close. We share ideas on how to clear certain bosses and feats for Conquest if that’s what you mean, but the main core of us have been in the same guild since 2017-2018.

Even without Cpit at the end of this Conquest I’ll have 45 of the R8 thing (aeromagnifier??)
  • Options

I’m in a guild completing it and have been in that guild for 4 years. I’ve only taken 3 toons to r8 and I don’t think they’ve made it any easier to get the red crate.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    @ObiDonny
    I’m ftp. Completely since started, I’m 6.8mil, I have a few r8s, I have enough mats to do another three and a half at the moment.
    Here’s my gg page.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/897311786/
    Going by people in my arena and in my guild, there’s plenty of people around with multiple gls, r8s and are ftp.
  • Options
    @Damodamo - Well thanks for sharing that ... I honestly don't know what to say other than I don't know how your able to. I've been playing about the same amount of time as you and I'm certainly not F2P and I have 1/2 the relic characters as you and 1/2 the relic 7 characters as you and zero relic 8. I play every day and almost never miss the Bonus energy. I have purchased many relic packs to be able to upgrade my characters I have to relic 7. I don't understand how there can be such a large gap between us.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/897698323
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Again, if you have 6m and no GL, why do you deserve R8 mats? What damage can you even do in the raid?
  • Options
    @TVF ... Can you please stop posting here. I find your comments aggressive and non-helpful. I'm trying to ask a question and learn something if possible along the way. Your demeaning comments are not helpful.
  • Options
    If you focus on getting a GL it might help you and your guild clear CPit. Until you clear Cpit your only option to get R8 mats is by completing Conquest Hard and getting the second to last or last crate
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    TVF ... Can you please stop posting here. I find your comments aggressive and non-helpful. I'm trying to ask a question and learn something if possible along the way. Your demeaning comments are not helpful.

The answer to your question is that it is unlikely they will do anything they haven't already done for a long time (put r8 in raid, then add some to conquest). Your choices are find a better guild or do better in conquest. There's really not much else to discuss.
  • Options
    As a fellow cynical, I just wanted to say that.... we, the cynical, in no shape, way, or form, claim this one. You don’t even need to beat the sector 5 boss to get the T6 crate (might even be possible to get max without beating sector 5). You don’t need a GL to beat the sector 4 boss (3* that one with Traya, DV, Thrawn, Wat, and Shore, with Wat being the only R7). GLs are nice but they don’t truly gate you from much; the rest of your in-game decisions do that.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Damodamo - Well thanks for sharing that ... I honestly don't know what to say other than I don't know how your able to. I've been playing about the same amount of time as you and I'm certainly not F2P and I have 1/2 the relic characters as you and 1/2 the relic 7 characters as you and zero relic 8. I play every day and almost never miss the Bonus energy. I have purchased many relic packs to be able to upgrade my characters I have to relic 7. I don't understand how there can be such a large gap between us.

Without looking at your roster right now, if this is the case, have you always had a focused plan? What are your goals with raids and other guild content?

Not suggesting you need to leave your guild or anything like that, but do they share your drive and goals? Are they on par with you?

How do you rank in arena? Squad and ship?

With a GP that high and no direct path for a GL and not owning one, it sounds like you may have just been less than focused which causes bloat with little to no real gain.
  • Options
    I'd say that's true ... not a focused plan ... for the first few years I'd say more of a collector plan which I guess caused the bloat (and pairs me up with people I have zero chance to beating). It's just been the last year that I've been working towards JMLS and I've only 3P0&Chewie left now ... so at least I'm close to my first GL. The other thing I notice is many that are lower GP but further than me have a lot more dark side than me. First Order, Troopers, Sith, etc. ... I'm guessing I need to focus on SEE next? Also just the topic of "focused plans" do you have a resource you might point me too? I watch ahnaldT101 and I like him but there is so much video and not much written (that I'm aware of anyway) ... any advice?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I'd say that's true ... not a focused plan ... for the first few years I'd say more of a collector plan which I guess caused the bloat (and pairs me up with people I have zero chance to beating). It's just been the last year that I've been working towards JMLS and I've only 3P0&Chewie left now ... so at least I'm close to my first GL. The other thing I notice is many that are lower GP but further than me have a lot more dark side than me. First Order, Troopers, Sith, etc. ... I'm guessing I need to focus on SEE next? Also just the topic of "focused plans" do you have a resource you might point me too? I watch ahnaldT101 and I like him but there is so much video and not much written (that I'm aware of anyway) ... any advice?

Coming from and being more of a collector myself, the best was to improve is to pick a character (in most cases at your stage a GL), and/it a game mode that is your favorite or that you want to do better in and work exclusively on that.

There is no single resource that can really help, it's all about keeping focus and to some extent doing the research or asking direct questions about your plan.

It sounds like your guild may also not be super motivated, and if you are not leaving them, then I would suggest going to SLKR next not SEE, that will help you do better in raids and bring in a better gear income. That can be really helpful in fulfilling your plans.
  • Options
    @Damodamo - Well thanks for sharing that ... I honestly don't know what to say other than I don't know how your able to. I've been playing about the same amount of time as you and I'm certainly not F2P and I have 1/2 the relic characters as you and 1/2 the relic 7 characters as you and zero relic 8. I play every day and almost never miss the Bonus energy. I have purchased many relic packs to be able to upgrade my characters I have to relic 7. I don't understand how there can be such a large gap between us.
    The most obvious difference is your guild.

210M GP is quite low, and the difference in rewards from things like TB, TW will mount up over a long period of time.

Also, I note that around half your guild doesn’t have a swgoh.gg profile. That’s not necessarily an indicator of a casual player, but I think it’s likely you’re raising less frequently than other players at your GP.
  • Options
    Ahoy ObiDonny. Another F2Per here, at about 4.4m GP.

I agree with your point - staying loyal to friends who you have fun with should not limit your game experience. I think the Rancor Challenge raid is a ridiculously difficult thing to gate requirements behind. On the other hand, from the sounds of it, my guild is more advanced than yours (e.g. we're getting a good amount of Wat shards and the occasional KAM shard), but we don't make any real progress against even the first phase the Rancor Challenge. It's a huge step up.

However, I think you should be able to get the max reward box in Hard conquest, and certainly the box below, which also contains the R8 materials. If you're close to JMLS you'll have an R7 JKL; that is also my strongest character, and like you I am also somewhat light on DS characters. I have only recently passed 4m GP, so I've only had two shots at Hard in conquest, and both times I've got the top rewards. It wasn't easy - it takes a decent amount of planning to hit enough of the feats. Given that I can do it with a somewhat lower GP, I think you can too.
  • Options
    My alt has got top rewards box this and last conquest. FTP and no GL. GAS is the best team it has light side, Vader and Malak carry the dark side, with help from a night sister team.
  • Options
    My alt has got top rewards box this and last conquest. FTP and no GL. GAS is the best team it has light side, Vader and Malak carry the dark side, with help from a night sister team.

same, I do padme or 501st (mostly padme) and sith empire, and that gets everything done. For the jedi feats I use JKR, and for the boss feats a g10 wat and a low gear gideon are enough (my gideon is G13 but it also worked with G8 2 conquests ago)
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Do your guild mates feel encouraged to push to finally complete the raid?