Arena system should be changed like GAC

Currently, we are living in the old system where competing same people over and over from the bigining. Most of the time the people in top never let anybody grap the seat. It would be nice to have Div based like GAC so the people can fight in thier div itself and rewards can differ based on div, which helps people to move from one div to another div and stll they can compete with different people and it can have pools of division so that people can be suffled per some defined timeline.

Replies

• No, thanks.
    Arena already has "divisions", they are based on when you joined.
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    I don't think the problem is the shards. I'd rather see point-based ranking like GAC instead of the leap frogging musical chairs that we have now.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    I don't think the problem is the shards. I'd rather see point-based ranking like GAC instead of the leap frogging musical chairs that we have now.

I am so burnt out on the daily musical chairs. Something new would be welcome.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Vishprat
    3 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    No, thanks.
    Arena already has "divisions", they are based on when you joined.

Yes I understand, if we see in the bigger picture the same shard pool there are people like more than 7M GP and less than 3MGP players also. Many people take break and play come back due to many factors or some people doesn't do whale much and few does not do at all. So we have various reason that divides everyone. So if we have same kind of GP based pool system it will be more interesting and PO won't be occupied with top people. The reason is when people realise we can't climb up then they will decide to leave the game. Without players then there is no fun at all. I do see many people left with the reason too. I do spend few amount however the people are in top they are grouping up together and pushing anyone being at top.

However I would like to see some new changes to the arena ranking methods. It's been ages we have not seen anything.
  • The problem is the matchmaking is made up of GP and I don't know how I am being matched up with players that are less GP than me but have anywhere from 10-15 Relic characters and I have 2! The rank system may have been fine before the days of Relic characters but does not work anymore. It is very frustrating to not be able to gain any ground at all and most times I just forfeit matches. Its another case of if you don't spend to play you don't gain ground. And from my point of view that is why most players get bored or frustrated and leave the game.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Hkeyman wrote: »
    The problem is the matchmaking is made up of GP and I don't know how I am being matched up with players that are less GP than me but have anywhere from 10-15 Relic characters and I have 2! The rank system may have been fine before the days of Relic characters but does not work anymore. It is very frustrating to not be able to gain any ground at all and most times I just forfeit matches. Its another case of if you don't spend to play you don't gain ground. And from my point of view that is why most players get bored or frustrated and leave the game.
    No, the problem is that you don't understand matchmaking and you aren't managing your roster effectively. It's another case of if you don't understand.what's going on, you wont gain ground.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Anyone can complete in arena now. Every day someone new shows up we've never seeb before with 1-2m GP less and a single GL.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Seeb lol
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    Seeb lol

I seeb what you did there...

One issue with changing a system like this that has been around for as long as it has, is that a change like this can devalue the investment of players.

Even a F2P who has invested time may lose ground because he tailored his roster to deal with his shard.

It's not a bad idea, and maybe could be it's own game mode, but replacing arena with something different would provably cause a stir that the game would not really recover from.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

The problem is the matchmaking is made up of GP and I don't know how I am being matched up with players that are less GP than me but have anywhere from 10-15 Relic characters and I have 2!

You're not matched by total GP. You're matched by the GP of the top X characters of your roster (where X is 10 times the number of defensive squad slots in 5v5). Ships are also included somehow.
    The rank system may have been fine before the days of Relic characters but does not work anymore. It is very frustrating to not be able to gain any ground at all and most times I just forfeit matches.

If you want to gain ground you should begin building complete teams instead having a lot of incomplete teams. Several of your teams have 1 or 2 low gear members.

Also you really should improve your mods. Find out what type of stats fits each character's kit. And.... what's with all those speed mods with no speed secondaries?
    Its another case of if you don't spend to play you don't gain ground. And from my point of view that is why most players get bored or frustrated and leave the game.

You can gain ground in soooo many other ways. You can reach Kyber league every time F2P.