Roster advancement advice

Uptown
3 posts Member
I’m at a crossroads on how to best advance my roster. My current farms are to finish gearing my Geos, get my Bossk to 6* then I will gear him as well as Hounds tooth for fleet. My main arena team is treading water with Palp lead empire team. Not sure how far to take them right now. I just unlocked Padme and should be unlocking GK in the next month. Will start to build that team once I unlock him but not sure where to go afterwards. Thanks in advance to any advice that can be given.

https://swgoh.gg/p/485138964

Replies

• I think since you have made some progress towards SEE, I would recommend it as your first GL and starting his farm.

In general, in your SEE farm, I would suggest doing more than just the requirements. What I mean is SEE requires Piette, Starck, and Veers, but I would recommend finishing up the squad by farming range trooper and death trooper, or Gideon and darktrooper. Same with JKA. I would finish up the team around him with Padme, GK, Ahsoka, and GMY since you have him at G11. I would farm up geos to G12 (for Wat) since Wat even at 4* is amazing and will work well with your R7 vader along with thrawn. Then for the last bit of requirements like dooku, royal guard, etc, I would recommend leaving them till last as they don't exactly have their own team.

I will also recommend farming up the empire fleet which is a decent early fleet. In my shard (around 6 months old), has a Tarkin led empire fleet sitting in the top 10 (most people have negotiators). It is by no means better than negotiator or malevolence but it will hold in fleet assuming you're in the shard chats until you can save up GET2 and get negotiator.

By doing this, you get a good troopers team for DS Geo TB and Padme for LS Geo TB which will allow you to help your guild in the meantime. Same with raid, troopers are decent in HSTR.

I understand that most people don't recommend rushing a GL as you miss a lot of other content in the first year of farming until you get the GL. And I agree that SEE isn't the best GL, only best on offense, horrible in raids and other PvE (DS Geo TB can be done with other teams). However, by working on building teams in the process, you take longer, but end up with some good teams in the meantime.

• Your roster looks great. 100% keep up the high fleet arena ranking. Trust me. Work on getting Bossk and the Hound's Tooth. Are you in a good guild? If not, get in one - the GET2 currency for the Malevolence will help you a ton.

I wouldn't take your Empire team too much further. I think you should get your Geos to gear 12 for Wat shards (good guilds will scoop you up if you can get Wat shards) and work on your Padme team. Ideally your Padme team should replace your Empire team for squad arena.

After that, you have a ton of options. You could go for a GL, Revans, etc. etc. What do you want to do/think you should work on here? In the end, games are about having fun and you should choose a path based on what you like.

Does this help?
  • Jeremy_White
    11 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Your roster looks great. 100% keep up the high fleet arena ranking. Trust me. Work on getting Bossk and the Hound's Tooth. Are you in a good guild? If not, get in one - the GET2 currency for the Malevolence will help you a ton.

I wouldn't take your Empire team too much further. I think you should get your Geos to gear 12 for Wat shards (good guilds will scoop you up if you can get Wat shards) and work on your Padme team. Ideally your Padme team should replace your Empire team for squad arena.

After that, you have a ton of options. You could go for a GL, Revans, etc. etc. What do you want to do/think you should work on here? In the end, games are about having fun and you should choose a path based on what you like.

Does this help?

I forgot to mention this. I completely agree with this. You should really be farming the toons you like since at the end of the day, this is your game. Perhaps it's smartest to pick a couple of viable teams that you like and farm them, even if they are not the most powerful. Assuming you are F2P, at this point, it's nearly impossible to catch up to big spenders. Same for myself, I farm the toons that I like. Padme, General Grievous, GAS, SLKR, CLS. I've never bothered getting Revan or any of the other old republic toons—I've never played KOTOR and don't feel a connection. Take the game the way you like it and most importantly have fun in the process. You will be spending a lot of time on this game and it's better to have fun than to "be in the meta" as CG as deliberately made this game P2W. You might not be as competitive but what's the point in playing if you're not able to do what you enjoy in the game, forced to farm toons you don't like?
  • Uptown
    3 posts Member
    Thank you for the feedback. I was thinking of SEE as my first GL but not sure of the time commitment it would take to unlock him with my current roster. I'm not attached to any one character or path but wanted to stay competitive in the various game modes and have fun with that.

I'm in a decent guild for my GP but I would like to be in one that is getting Wat shards. Currently leaning towards finishing my Padme squad minus 3PO for arena. But not sure how strong that squad will be without 3PO. Once I finish Padme I may go either for a GL or start with the Revans.
  • I would say you're looking at 8 months to a year. I place 1st in fleet every day and have a couple of good teams (Padme + C3PO and GG droids) and I can usually place top 10 in hSTR. I can average around 1-2 G13 characters per month. Based on that rough estimate, it would take me about 6 months on the faster side or a year on the slower. It really just depends on how you rank in fleet and squad arena. I do all 50 crystal fleet and normal energy refreshes per day, and currently sitting on a pile of 30k+ crystals. Although some recommend rushing GLs, I personally think it's better to build up some teams as you go for the GL, but keeping SEE in mind. Off the bat, I would say troopers and Padme would be a no brainer as they have characters required for SEE. JKA at r7 hits like a truck too. With wat and vader and thrawn, you can counter plenty of teams. It will take much longer but you will have more usable teams in the meantime.

From my experience, Padme with C3PO is mainy to counter vader teams as they get protection up after GK grants crit immunity, making them immune to debuffs which shuts of the debuff heavy teams. Usually, you want C3PO with rebels as he is much better there. zBariss works well in his spot.

Just remember that farming a GL as a F2P will take time. Months, if not a year for you. Have fun in the meantime by forming good teams that are part of the requirements or go for legendaries if you like.
  • Uptown wrote: »
    Currently leaning towards finishing my Padme squad minus 3PO for arena. But not sure how strong that squad will be without 3PO.

That team is still crazy powerful without 3PO. I personally use it in squad arena, with Grand Master Yoda in the 5th slot. I actually like GMY in the team more than 3PO, although maybe that's because my Yoda is relic 3 and my 3PO is 6 stars gear 11. Either way, both options are really good. (tip: mod GMY for speed - get that foresight/protection up buffs going right away. And don't worry about damage/offense mods on him too much - courage is your main damage dealer here.)
    Uptown wrote: »
    I was thinking of SEE as my first GL but not sure of the time commitment it would take to unlock him with my current roster.

I'm in a decent guild for my GP but I would like to be in one that is getting Wat shards.

Yeah, a GL will be a very long and exhausting commitment, but everyone says it's worth it in the end. Your guild looks pretty good. Do you guys run Geo TB?
    Uptown wrote: »
    Once I finish Padme I may go either for a GL or start with the Revans.

Sounds good. Remember, you can always change your mind when you get to the point where you're actually going to start on these things.