Bad Batch S1:E6 Chat (SPOILERS)

Prev1
Sorry for the delayed post, but I didn't get to watch the episode until lunch today.
But...wow! This was definitely my favorite episode so far. The Martez sisters were back. Wrecker almost chipped out, but then didn't, and Omega's bow skills are coming along.

And that ending, my gosh! Was that Ahsoka?? If not, who do you think it was?

Replies

  • Wookieflyer
    24 posts Member
    edited June 5
    First thought was Ashoka or Rex, but maybe it could be Saw Gerrera too. He has rather questionable methods so not beyond hiring scoundrels to acquire his data. It would also link with E1.

    Not a fan of the Martez being back, but that's mostly because they were not super useful in Clone Wars 7.

    The bantha poo is going to Wrecker the fan quickly in the next episode ! Was also nice to have a proper Wrecker moment again.

    Overall, a very nice watch.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • I’m hoping for it being Ahsoka.
  • Ltswb1
    458 posts Member
    In my humble opinion I think that contact is most likely Ahsoka, and might be Rex. I have a couple of arguments.

    First of all, many people are focusing on "Him" as an argument, and as a result they think that "Him" refers to the sex of the "client". However, if we pay closer attention, this is what Trace actually said, when the Batches and the sisters are trying to escape (around 18:00 in the episode): "He's here, let' go!"
    Here, "He" refers to the spaceship driver, and the driver is not the "client". If we retrospect back in Episode 6 a little bit (around 17:35 in the episode), we shall notice that Trace summons R7 for picking them up. Therefore, we are certain that "He" is R7, the ship navigator/driver, not the "client".

    Second, some people are arguing that the "client" is Maul. Indeed, Maul has his own reason to sabotage and possibly overthrow the Empire: he was used by Sidious for nearly his entire life. But we know that Maul is strongly associated with Crimson Dawn and other crime syndicates during this era. How could "Crimson Dawn" and these crime syndicates "want to do good for people"? All they want is to make excessive profits under this Empire. Maul himself is a cunning and ruthless force user, so how come he could potentially help people as well? Therefore, Maul, in my opinion, is not the "client" Rafa and Trace were contacting.

    Third, if we look at the end of this episode, we can see some details. The "client" is wearing a grey robe with thin but strong, well-knit, and wheat-colored arms. C'mon, for those of us who said it's Bail Organa, he is a really tall person and with robust body shape, this couldn't be him! If we look at the skin color, it is at least HUMAN or HUMANOID! No Dathomir tattoos! So not Maul.

    So now we can deduce that the "client" could be either Rex or Ahsoka. The reason I say it "might be Rex" because I don't know if he wears his Clone Armor for the entirety of his life, but I believe he does. Plus, we didn't know how Rex and the Martez sisters got in-touch. Another reason I say it "might be Rex" because in TCW S7, he's together with Ahsoka and the wreckage of R7. But this tiny detail can be overided by the latter reason.

    And who knows Rafa and Trace the most among the identity of the client we are deducing about? And who wears the grey robe in TCW S7 finale? It's her. It must be her.

    I might be wrong, but that's my opinion.

    At 20:00 she says “Patch him through r7” before r7 pulls up the holo of the questioned person. Granted, if they don’t know the identity of the person (ex. fulcrum code name) then they may just use the generic “him” .

    All you see is a clothed shoulder and arm. The arm is not bare. Nor do they look particularly thin or thick. This is a stylized cartoon after all. Body proportions are not exact. Especially when all you can see is a shoulder and upper arm that are covered by clothes. Also, Rex still wears clone armor years later in Rebels. I doubt he’d be wearing clothes in this period. Plus, they already know Rex. So not much of a big deal if it’s him.
  • Xcien
    1091 posts Member
    My guess is that the client is either Ahsoka or Saw. I do agree with @Ltswb1 about the client. They do call the client a "him", though they may have just used "him" because they don't know the identity of the client. But if they don't then it would cross out Ahsoka and Rex from the list of possible clients. Perhaps the client's identity will be revealed in future episodes, but this episode was a good one overall, and it will be interesting to see how Wrecker is, since he almost succumbed to the chip, before returning to himself.
    "Thank you for evaluating."
  • Interestingly, I'm not sure Wrecker really returned to himself. He could have the chip "active" and still do his job. I didn't pick up that he was no longer under the chip influence.

    However, if somehow the assignments go against the chip, it might just surface.
  • Ltswb1 wrote: »

    At 20:00 she says “Patch him through r7” before r7 pulls up the holo of the questioned person. Granted, if they don’t know the identity of the person (ex. fulcrum code name) then they may just use the generic “him” .

    All you see is a clothed shoulder and arm. The arm is not bare. Nor do they look particularly thin or thick. This is a stylized cartoon after all. Body proportions are not exact. Especially when all you can see is a shoulder and upper arm that are covered by clothes. Also, Rex still wears clone armor years later in Rebels. I doubt he’d be wearing clothes in this period. Plus, they already know Rex. So not much of a big deal if it’s him.

    When did the Martez sisters know Rex??? They know Ahsoka of course, but REX???
    Also I said it MIGHT be Rex, but Ahsoka is more possible. So my point was Rex is 30% or less possible to be the "client".
    @Ltswb1
  • I'm diggin the chat and speculation. Rex and Ahsoka make sense. I even was thinking potentially Maul at first, but he's def not trying to do "good" as has been pointed out. Obi Wan? Seems unlikely but but I suppose there could be a slim chance of it. Saw makes some sense as well, but I don't think they'd feel the need to obscure him.
  • Xcien
    1091 posts Member
    Interestingly, I'm not sure Wrecker really returned to himself. He could have the chip "active" and still do his job. I didn't pick up that he was no longer under the chip influence.

    However, if somehow the assignments go against the chip, it might just surface.

    Good point. He could be under its control, but not showing it unless the Bad Batch is going against the Empire. Neither did I, so that puts up a good question: Is Wrecker still under the chip's influence?
    "Thank you for evaluating."
  • Ltswb1
    458 posts Member
    Ltswb1 wrote: »

    At 20:00 she says “Patch him through r7” before r7 pulls up the holo of the questioned person. Granted, if they don’t know the identity of the person (ex. fulcrum code name) then they may just use the generic “him” .

    All you see is a clothed shoulder and arm. The arm is not bare. Nor do they look particularly thin or thick. This is a stylized cartoon after all. Body proportions are not exact. Especially when all you can see is a shoulder and upper arm that are covered by clothes. Also, Rex still wears clone armor years later in Rebels. I doubt he’d be wearing clothes in this period. Plus, they already know Rex. So not much of a big deal if it’s him.

    When did the Martez sisters know Rex??? They know Ahsoka of course, but REX???
    Also I said it MIGHT be Rex, but Ahsoka is more possible. So my point was Rex is 30% or less possible to be the "client".
    @Ltswb1

    ??? I’m not sure what you’re trying to say. You were the one that said it could be Rex. I clearly stated reasons why it most likely isn’t Rex. So why the bold type multi question mark response, like I was the one who said it was Rex? That was your own assertion....
  • Xcien
    1091 posts Member
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    Ltswb1 wrote: »

    At 20:00 she says “Patch him through r7” before r7 pulls up the holo of the questioned person. Granted, if they don’t know the identity of the person (ex. fulcrum code name) then they may just use the generic “him” .

    All you see is a clothed shoulder and arm. The arm is not bare. Nor do they look particularly thin or thick. This is a stylized cartoon after all. Body proportions are not exact. Especially when all you can see is a shoulder and upper arm that are covered by clothes. Also, Rex still wears clone armor years later in Rebels. I doubt he’d be wearing clothes in this period. Plus, they already know Rex. So not much of a big deal if it’s him.

    When did the Martez sisters know Rex??? They know Ahsoka of course, but REX???
    Also I said it MIGHT be Rex, but Ahsoka is more possible. So my point was Rex is 30% or less possible to be the "client".
    @Ltswb1

    ??? I’m not sure what you’re trying to say. You were the one that said it could be Rex. I clearly stated reasons why it most likely isn’t Rex. So why the bold type multi question mark response, like I was the one who said it was Rex? That was your own assertion....

    You said that they know Rex. He wants to know when the Martinez sisters and Rex ever met.
    "Thank you for evaluating."
  • Ltswb1
    458 posts Member
    Xcien wrote: »
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    Ltswb1 wrote: »

    At 20:00 she says “Patch him through r7” before r7 pulls up the holo of the questioned person. Granted, if they don’t know the identity of the person (ex. fulcrum code name) then they may just use the generic “him” .

    All you see is a clothed shoulder and arm. The arm is not bare. Nor do they look particularly thin or thick. This is a stylized cartoon after all. Body proportions are not exact. Especially when all you can see is a shoulder and upper arm that are covered by clothes. Also, Rex still wears clone armor years later in Rebels. I doubt he’d be wearing clothes in this period. Plus, they already know Rex. So not much of a big deal if it’s him.

    When did the Martez sisters know Rex??? They know Ahsoka of course, but REX???
    Also I said it MIGHT be Rex, but Ahsoka is more possible. So my point was Rex is 30% or less possible to be the "client".
    @Ltswb1

    ??? I’m not sure what you’re trying to say. You were the one that said it could be Rex. I clearly stated reasons why it most likely isn’t Rex. So why the bold type multi question mark response, like I was the one who said it was Rex? That was your own assertion....

    You said that they know Rex. He wants to know when the Martinez sisters and Rex ever met.

    I meant Bad Batch knows Rex.
  • Ltswb1
    458 posts Member
    So it’s not much of a “reveal” to have Bad Batch surprisingly meet Rex, when they already know him.
  • PigRiderStarWatcher
    32 posts Member
    edited June 4
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    I meant Bad Batch knows Rex.
    All right lol. Just want to clarify that.
    You are right, if Rex always wear his clone armor (until the Rebels, he wears the stormtrooper armor as a disguise in Rebels Season 2 Episode 9 "Stealth Strike"), then I don't think the client is Rex. Good point thou.

    As for the codename "fulcrum", I don't know if the Bad Batch S1 takes place before the novel "Ahsoka", and remember that Ahsoka started to use the codename "fulcrum" at the end of the novel.

    So if the Bad Batch S1 takes place BEFORE the novel "Ahsoka", then it is not helpful or meaningful to say that "Martez sisters address the 'fulcrum' as 'him', since 'fulcrum' had not yet emerged back then." Yeah yeah we might say that Ahsoka used a transmission frequency called "fulcrum" in TCW S7 E9 to contact Anakin, but that doesn't explain her agent identity as "fulcrum".

    But if it is AFTER, then it might make sense.
  • @Ltswb1 I edited my last comment above. Maybe you want to take a look.
  • While it doesn't necessarily make a lot of sense yet, I suspect it may be General Kenobi, which provides the tie in to use Bad Batch as reqs for JMK.
  • Best episode since the first one. Finally got some proper momentum going and then the episode ended. Loved wrecker getting back into it, though slugging it out with a rancor was awesome too. Was glued to the TV when I heard good soldiers….
    Had some good jokes. Thought it was funny when one of the sisters said is there an echo in here and echo responded with I’m echo. Lol. Not sure I’m thrilled to see the sisters back, thought their arc was the low point of last season… I mean final season of clone wars. Old sep droids vs police security droids was a nice change. Omeega was struggling with bow, which was cool. At least she is having some flaws in her otherwise perfect path.
  • The Client has to be Jedi because who else is Wrecker going to be conflicted with in the next episode or so? Kenobi maybe? Ahsoka possibly? A Jedi has to show up for Wrecker to have his breakdown with.
    7xcvvjp9ip14.jpeg
  • Konju
    995 posts Member
    Best episode since the first one. Finally got some proper momentum going and then the episode ended. Loved wrecker getting back into it, though slugging it out with a rancor was awesome too. Was glued to the TV when I heard good soldiers….
    Had some good jokes. Thought it was funny when one of the sisters said is there an echo in here and echo responded with I’m echo. Lol. Not sure I’m thrilled to see the sisters back, thought their arc was the low point of last season… I mean final season of clone wars. Old sep droids vs police security droids was a nice change. Omeega was struggling with bow, which was cool. At least she is having some flaws in her otherwise perfect path.

    Agreed I was not a fan of the Martez sisters in CW.

    As for the mystery client...it could be Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, Rex, Saw, Bail or Maul: could be Maul influenced the Martez sisters into believing he was trying to do “good” when really he is out for revenge against Palpatine; they aren’t exactly the brightest bulbs. I’m also not truly believing the altruistic nature of the sisters; they were mostly out for themselves in CW (though they never displayed purely irredeemable traits and their arc in CW did push past Raffa’s selfish nature a bit). Perhaps the sisters were turning the clones in to the same people looking for Omega. I think the client will likely be a Jedi simply so we can see more with Wrecker’s chip issues while also fulfilling other narrative purposes. I am excited to see where this mystery leads.

    It felt like this episode is building toward some answers and a furthering of the overall arc of the show. I enjoyed it and may even take the time to review it before the next episode drops (there may be some clues I missed).
  • I’m thinking the client has to be Fulcrum.
  • Gonna throw it out there, what if the client is Mace? SLJ keeps saying he would have survived and this could be how they bring him back, he seems like someone who'd be prepared to use Separatist tactics against the Clones too
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    736 posts Member
    edited June 5
    Crimson Dawn would be great counter to Bad Batch!

    Nice episode! I think Asoka, but Mace is a great idea!
  • Ltswb1 wrote: »
    In my humble opinion I think that contact is most likely Ahsoka, and might be Rex. I have a couple of arguments.

    First of all, many people are focusing on "Him" as an argument, and as a result they think that "Him" refers to the sex of the "client". However, if we pay closer attention, this is what Trace actually said, when the Batches and the sisters are trying to escape (around 18:00 in the episode): "He's here, let' go!"
    Here, "He" refers to the spaceship driver, and the driver is not the "client". If we retrospect back in Episode 6 a little bit (around 17:35 in the episode), we shall notice that Trace summons R7 for picking them up. Therefore, we are certain that "He" is R7, the ship navigator/driver, not the "client".

    Second, some people are arguing that the "client" is Maul. Indeed, Maul has his own reason to sabotage and possibly overthrow the Empire: he was used by Sidious for nearly his entire life. But we know that Maul is strongly associated with Crimson Dawn and other crime syndicates during this era. How could "Crimson Dawn" and these crime syndicates "want to do good for people"? All they want is to make excessive profits under this Empire. Maul himself is a cunning and ruthless force user, so how come he could potentially help people as well? Therefore, Maul, in my opinion, is not the "client" Rafa and Trace were contacting.

    Third, if we look at the end of this episode, we can see some details. The "client" is wearing a grey robe with thin but strong, well-knit, and wheat-colored arms. C'mon, for those of us who said it's Bail Organa, he is a really tall person and with robust body shape, this couldn't be him! If we look at the skin color, it is at least HUMAN or HUMANOID! No Dathomir tattoos! So not Maul.

    So now we can deduce that the "client" could be either Rex or Ahsoka. The reason I say it "might be Rex" because I don't know if he wears his Clone Armor for the entirety of his life, but I believe he does. Plus, we didn't know how Rex and the Martez sisters got in-touch. Another reason I say it "might be Rex" because in TCW S7, he's together with Ahsoka and the wreckage of R7. But this tiny detail can be overided by the latter reason.

    And who knows Rafa and Trace the most among the identity of the client we are deducing about? And who wears the grey robe in TCW S7 finale? It's her. It must be her.

    I might be wrong, but that's my opinion.

    At 20:00 she says “Patch him through r7” before r7 pulls up the holo of the questioned person. Granted, if they don’t know the identity of the person (ex. fulcrum code name) then they may just use the generic “him” .

    All you see is a clothed shoulder and arm. The arm is not bare. Nor do they look particularly thin or thick. This is a stylized cartoon after all. Body proportions are not exact. Especially when all you can see is a shoulder and upper arm that are covered by clothes. Also, Rex still wears clone armor years later in Rebels. I doubt he’d be wearing clothes in this period. Plus, they already know Rex. So not much of a big deal if it’s him.

    @Ltswb1 I just realized what you meant by "patch him through". That was a hole in my arugment. I tried to edit my previous post but the SYSTEM DELETED IT...
    Anyway, I do agree with your point on that matter. Good call!
  • Kyno
    29948 posts Moderator
    This was a great episode, this is a good pace, I hope they keep the momentum.

    It will be interesting to see where they end up, many people seem to be after them, or aware of them, and they seem to be oblivious. I feel like Rex is a good option at this point as he could fill in the over arching leadership they need.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    This was a great episode, this is a good pace, I hope they keep the momentum.

    It will be interesting to see where they end up, many people seem to be after them, or aware of them, and they seem to be oblivious. I feel like Rex is a good option at this point as he could fill in the over arching leadership they need.

    But will that hurt his standing in rebels? Rex seems to be on the retired list and on decent terms with the empire, or at least they overlook him when he’s introduced in rebels. Just seems like when Rex shows up in rebels, him, Gregor and Wolfe are retired and just living out the rest of their days in the walker.
  • Xhowrude
    190 posts Member
    Yall are forgetting about Bail Organa. It is possible to be him as well
  • Kyno
    29948 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    This was a great episode, this is a good pace, I hope they keep the momentum.

    It will be interesting to see where they end up, many people seem to be after them, or aware of them, and they seem to be oblivious. I feel like Rex is a good option at this point as he could fill in the over arching leadership they need.

    But will that hurt his standing in rebels? Rex seems to be on the retired list and on decent terms with the empire, or at least they overlook him when he’s introduced in rebels. Just seems like when Rex shows up in rebels, him, Gregor and Wolfe are retired and just living out the rest of their days in the walker.

    Everyone has to make a living. Passing a little information around and keeping a low profile is as good as any for making a little scratch, and we know they have no love for the empire.

    But I am just speculating, because they need someone "trusted" to give them a "lay of the land", I'm not suggesting a long term "boss" just someone to get them "in the know" so they can make better choices as they move forward. They are running around blind right now, they have never been in this world and are on the run, they need advice from someone who has done this before.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    This was a great episode, this is a good pace, I hope they keep the momentum.

    It will be interesting to see where they end up, many people seem to be after them, or aware of them, and they seem to be oblivious. I feel like Rex is a good option at this point as he could fill in the over arching leadership they need.

    But will that hurt his standing in rebels? Rex seems to be on the retired list and on decent terms with the empire, or at least they overlook him when he’s introduced in rebels. Just seems like when Rex shows up in rebels, him, Gregor and Wolfe are retired and just living out the rest of their days in the walker.

    Everyone has to make a living. Passing a little information around and keeping a low profile is as good as any for making a little scratch, and we know they have no love for the empire.

    But I am just speculating, because they need someone "trusted" to give them a "lay of the land", I'm not suggesting a long term "boss" just someone to get them "in the know" so they can make better choices as they move forward. They are running around blind right now, they have never been in this world and are on the run, they need advice from someone who has done this before.

    And that’s what I thought Rex’s role in rebels was. He seemed reluctant in rebels to help in any way until they were attacked.
  • Now that Wrecker is having trouble with his chip, It has me wondering how Palps could've had order 66 and the chip added to the clone programming without the Jedi saying wait a minute... Either the Jedi are that incompetent, which could be since they trusted a clone army that came literally out of nowhere and was created from a bounty hunter who was actively working for the other army.
  • Nihion
    3211 posts Member
    I think Clone Wars adds a lot of perspective to that in Season 6. It seems that the Jedi are hesitant to trust the clone army, but the fact that Syfo-Dyas ordered their production convinces everyone that the clones are chill. When Yoda and the council investigate in TCW, they can tell that something funky is going on, but they believe that the only way to shake that feeling is to quickly win the war. The Jedi built very strong bonds with their soldiers, and it’s hard to believe that your close friends would all turn against you at a moment’s notice. By orchestrating both sides of the war, Palpatine was able to increase the Separatist threat on a whim and consequently convince the Jedi that the clones (and Anakin) were required to win the war.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    I think Clone Wars adds a lot of perspective to that in Season 6. It seems that the Jedi are hesitant to trust the clone army, but the fact that Syfo-Dyas ordered their production convinces everyone that the clones are chill. When Yoda and the council investigate in TCW, they can tell that something funky is going on, but they believe that the only way to shake that feeling is to quickly win the war. The Jedi built very strong bonds with their soldiers, and it’s hard to believe that your close friends would all turn against you at a moment’s notice. By orchestrating both sides of the war, Palpatine was able to increase the Separatist threat on a whim and consequently convince the Jedi that the clones (and Anakin) were required to win the war.

    One would think that the Jedi would do a more thorough investigation before fielding the clones. Unless there was some secret deal between Palps and the cloners, the chip should have a record somewhere and the contingency orders should've raised a red flag to the Jedi.

    I think that Dooku pretended to be Syfo-Dyas to create the clones. Legends implies that in Bounty Hunter and possibly when Obi-Wan Meets Jango on Kamino.
Sign In or Register to comment.