Noob need help with decision: CLS or SEE or both?

SidVicious444
84 posts Member
edited June 2021
Hey all,
My main goal was CLS but I'm starting to doubt.
I was well on my way to CLS and then I saw Anahldt video about SEE and WAT.
I went phoenix and then empire, empire will give me r2d2.
I'm just waiting for DV he is currently 6* then I can try my luck at r2d2
I have ep(L), dv, GMT, thrawn and magmatrooper(easy farm).
I'm busy with Leia and Fbluke and Sthan.
Should I carry on or put all my resources into SEE.
The sooner I start with SEE the better.
I already have ep, dv, GMT, thrawn I just need a few others like royal guard, piett, bomber, DM and I can't remember the rest.
or maybe I must make 2 teams light side and dark side.
Light: CLS, Han Solo, Ben, R2D2 and Leia
Dark: SEE and WAT
I'm in a good guild they let me sim Rancor for Han Solo chards.
I gave up on SLKR its impossible with all the ship requirements.
Last thing I am F2P
Money, gear and ability materials are a problems for me.
CLS or SEE or both?
Thank you in advance

Post edited by SidVicious444 on

Replies

• As f2p, I'd advise you to check out my updated farming guide in a thread just below. While you are probably level 85 already, it has the teams you should be trying to put together (ultimately going for SEE). I wouldn't put too much stock in Ahnald's guide, it's good as showing you what you need to unlock things, but not really putting a solid plan in place and talking about all the gear grind you will run into.

In my guide, I do not go the path of CLS, because while he is a great character and team, he requires too much investment to get the full team together early in the game, when you can be rounding out your roster better.

I would suggest for you the following:
    1. Get your Geos up and running as soon as possible if not already, this is priority 1. This will help your guild get more Wat shards
    2. Once your Vader is 7*, take him to g13 and at least relic 5 as he will become a beast, rest of that team can be g11 or g12 until you start taking them to relics for SEE requirements
    3. Start putting together an Imperial Troopers team (Veers, Piett, Starck, Gideon, Range) as you will need most for SEE anyway

That's 3 great teams that will all be used in DS Geo TB. You can check my guide for the other teams you should work on (Padme, JKR, DR) before really going for SEE.

Also, what is your fleet situation at the moment?
  • crzydroid
    7233 posts Moderator
    I would build up your roster progressively instead of chasing a GL right away. That's a long term investment. Not that you can't always build up your Imperial Troopers in the background as they are a great team in and of themselves in addition to being needed for SEE. If your goal is to use him with Wat, even if you are in a guild that is getting 49 Wat shards (sounds like your bugs might not be good enough yet), that's 7 months to 7*, although just 3 for a simple unlock. If you are not in a great guild it will take you longer. But it will take you at least as long to relic all the characters needed as a new player without taking out a second mortgage.

I would keep going for CLS and/or follow the other farming guides. Again, troopers can be a fun team but honestly, when you're ready for a GL, we'll have at least one other new one after Kenobi.

Also remember that ahnaldt has just about everything high relic and is kind of living in his own world.
  • As f2p, I'd advise you to check out my updated farming guide in a thread just below. While you are probably level 85 already, it has the teams you should be trying to put together (ultimately going for SEE). I wouldn't put too much stock in Ahnald's guide, it's good as showing you what you need to unlock things, but not really putting a solid plan in place and talking about all the gear grind you will run into.

In my guide, I do not go the path of CLS, because while he is a great character and team, he requires too much investment to get the full team together early in the game, when you can be rounding out your roster better.

I would suggest for you the following:
    1. Get your Geos up and running as soon as possible if not already, this is priority 1. This will help your guild get more Wat shards
    2. Once your Vader is 7*, take him to g13 and at least relic 5 as he will become a beast, rest of that team can be g11 or g12 until you start taking them to relics for SEE requirements
    3. Start putting together an Imperial Troopers team (Veers, Piett, Starck, Gideon, Range) as you will need most for SEE anyway

That's 3 great teams that will all be used in DS Geo TB. You can check my guide for the other teams you should work on (Padme, JKR, DR) before really going for SEE.

Also, what is your fleet situation at the moment?

I looked at your guide, very good guide.
    I put everything on hold and started with geo and ships.
    I did not bother with ships because I got 800 fleet currency and 150 sims for doing nothing.
    I did not know I needed DS ships for zeta and omega farming, I'm way behind.
    Starting a new account is not an option because I already have Thrawn and DV(need 5 more chards for 7*)
    Luckily you stopped me because after CLS I did not have a plan.
  • I looked at your guide, very good guide.
    I put everything on hold and started with geo and ships.
    I did not bother with ships because I got 800 fleet currency and 150 sims for doing nothing.
    I did not know I needed DS ships for zeta and omega farming, I'm way behind.
    Starting a new account is not an option because I already have Thrawn and DV(need 5 more chards for 7*)
    Luckily you stopped me because after CLS I did not have a plan.

Just put that focus into ships and the Geo fleet and you will get caught back up. You won't be TOO far behind, but will take some work to get there. The Geo pilots are not hard to farm, ships are easy if you just pour the GW tokens into them.

You can make that Empire team work well without a huge investment. Just try to take Vader to g13 and then r5 as soon as you can, rest can be at g10/11 and you will be strong. Then focus on the rest of the roster while that Empire team does decent for you in Squad Arena and other parts of the game.