Sith Lord Vader next GL?

Replies

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    (Also, not for nothing, but no character’s FIRST character in the game is going to be a Galactic Legend.)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I never realized Anakin was a Separatist. Must have missed that scene.
    Never saw that scene either 🤷‍♂️
  • Range1974
    900 posts Member
    Nope, it’s Jabba
  • MasterSeedy
    5036 posts Member
    Nic, I won't elaborate since humor isn't funny if it's explained, but maybe think that I know all the arguments you're making? Maybe think that I'm aware that Hondo is a poor choice for the next GL. Maybe think that "real nemesis" is a complete distortion of Hondo's role and a complete dismissal of Anakin's? Maybe all that rises to the point where the suggestion of Hondo is not only wrong, but also... kind of ridiculous?

Your desire to take your conversation partner's statements speaks well of you, but it's not always helping you recognize sarcasm on the internet.
  • MilHanso
    291 posts Member
    Nic, I won't elaborate since humor isn't funny if it's explained, but maybe think that I know all the arguments you're making? Maybe think that I'm aware that Hondo is a poor choice for the next GL. Maybe think that "real nemesis" is a complete distortion of Hondo's role and a complete dismissal of Anakin's? Maybe all that rises to the point where the suggestion of Hondo is not only wrong, but also... kind of ridiculous?

Your desire to take your conversation partner's statements speaks well of you, but it's not always helping you recognize sarcasm on the internet.

I think Nic is kinda Sheldon Cooper's twin brother or something that doesn't get sarcasm... 😁
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • DarkHelmet1138
    3884 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    NicWester wrote: »
    AlexTheG wrote: »
    You're no fun at all.

It's a fair point though..I have no idea who that is.

I thought it was that general from Light Side Geonosis until I quoted it and saw the name of the file.

Anyway, look, I’m not saying Hondo isn’t a great character that shouldn’t be in the game. I’ve never seen Clone Wars or Rebels (no tea, no shade, no lemonade—saw a few, couldn’t get into it, it’s not for me, that’s fine. Happy it exists for the many folks who love it!) so I won’t judge his merits as a character. But a Galactic Legend is a character that anyone with even the most passing knowledge of the franchise would see or hear and say “Oh, I know them.”

Ask an average fan who Hondo is and you’ll get as many people that know him as you will people who think you’re talking about the John Wayne movie.

I don't think that will remain that way too much longer. After this set of galactic legends, they will have likely exhausted the iconic characters that everyone will recognize.

They could potentially do a mace or Yoda and a second version of palpatine but I don't see them having multiple GLs off the same character.

Most of the iconic characters of the ot are already in the game. Ex jedi Luke and ep.

So they are likely to be diving into the newer shows for new characters including galactic legends. These characters will likely be ones that those that only watched the movies may not recognize. I could definitely see getting a GL ashoka and thrawn as the next few seasons of the mandalorian and the ashoka show play out.

And if you didn't watch clone wars or rebels, you may not know who those characters are either.

Though that may be a bit down the road since I don't see them getting ahead of the show releases. We may get an old republic GL while we wait fo r.c the shows to catch up. But again, probably not a character everyone will recognize.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    So they are likely to be diving into the newer shoes for new characters including galactic legends.

200.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I love how Bush comes up from his duck with a little grin on his fase.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • TVF wrote: »
    So they are likely to be diving into the newer shoes for new characters including galactic legends.

200.gif

Typo sorry
  • JWH
    138 posts Member
    If Lord Vader is the next GL, will CG introduce a new youngling character for his to kill off?

I assume Padme has to be in the mix since he Force Chokes the life out of her.

Who else will be in the Lord Vader farm?
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    JWH wrote: »
    If Lord Vader is the next GL, will CG introduce a new youngling character for his to kill off?

I assume Padme has to be in the mix since he Force Chokes the life out of her.

Who else will be in the Lord Vader farm?

KAM is a good bet as are the bad batch. Also plenty of time to add another marquee
  • I would like a young Anakin, or an episode 2 Anakin with two lightsabers from the Duku fight.
  • That’s the problem. We have been forced to upgrade almost every existing character that relates to him. We could have him slaughter Tuskens, we have three to make at least relic 3. We have the farmboy version that keeps being skipped that will certainly be relic 7. We have two generic Jedi that have been ignored and one or two more that are named but forgotten and probably not part of his lore. CUP?
  • MasterSeedy
    5036 posts Member
    This conversation has been ongoing for a while in another thread.

Don't be surprised if you can't find this one soon, it will have been merged.
  • MasterSeedy
    5036 posts Member
    @Ravens1113

Why are the Bad Batch a good bet for Lord Vader requirements? They're possible, of course (anything is possible), but AFAICT they played no role in the development of Little Ani into Lord Vader.

Tuskens, sure. Although the interaction on screen was brief, it's a very important step toward the Dark Side for him. Combine this with the lack of any Tuskens in any past requirements and this seems certain to make sure people aren't piggybacking a "free" Lord Vader off of previous GL efforts.

Nute, of course, since he kills Nute in his second to last step in his takeover of the galaxy (the last step being "kill Obi Won", which he failed at but which ultimately didn't matter since Palp won his fight with GMY). Nute also is someone who has been largely allowed to remain low gear. I'm sure many people have him at high gear, but not because he was required to be high gear for something else. His key role plus CG's motives in preventing "free" Lord Vaders seem enough to make sure he is on the list.

KAM seems guaranteed from the combination of symmetry with GLOW (GLOW required the DS TB toon, LV should require the LS TB toon) + the interactions with KAM over the history of Anakin's development. Each interaction with KAM might be minor, but he worked with KAM many times during the war, so it's at least justifiable, even if not obviously self justifying.

Droids. QGJ. Padmé. Geonosians. Dooku. Those are all good bets. But not Bad Batch that I can tell. The only bit of logic that applies to Bad Batch is that they're new, so many people won't have them anywhere near relic (or even 7*) when Lord Vader is released. But that's not enough. There has to be some story nexus, and with BB, I can't see one at all. Is there anything more than that one story in S7 of CW:TAS? Is that enough?

I mean, sure they interacted a little bit, but did that interaction mean anything to who Anakin was or the change he was going through? I don't see it.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Don´t call it GLOW. Thanks.

Topic:
    Tusken for sure, maybe Jawas too, be being the mechanics and merchants Ani met.
    KAM could be, but only if they release a pack with KAM shards, so people can whale out.

Any ObiWan Edition ( no JMK of course ), Qui Gon, Nute, Droideka, B1, Geos ( which would help a few for WAT Mission ), CAT, Ackbars Ship with an certain GP Level. R2D2 on R8, also C3P0 R8.

there are a few options for them.
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    KAM seems guaranteed from the combination of symmetry with GLOW (GLOW required the DS TB toon, LV should require the LS TB toon) + the interactions with KAM over the history of Anakin's development. Each interaction with KAM might be minor, but he worked with KAM many times during the war, so it's at least justifiable, even if not obviously self justifying. .

who is this GLOW you speak of? ive never heard of him but he sounds similar to JMK
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    @Ravens1113

Why are the Bad Batch a good bet for Lord Vader requirements? They're possible, of course (anything is possible), but AFAICT they played no role in the development of Little Ani into Lord Vader.

Tuskens, sure. Although the interaction on screen was brief, it's a very important step toward the Dark Side for him. Combine this with the lack of any Tuskens in any past requirements and this seems certain to make sure people aren't piggybacking a "free" Lord Vader off of previous GL efforts.

Nute, of course, since he kills Nute in his second to last step in his takeover of the galaxy (the last step being "kill Obi Won", which he failed at but which ultimately didn't matter since Palp won his fight with GMY). Nute also is someone who has been largely allowed to remain low gear. I'm sure many people have him at high gear, but not because he was required to be high gear for something else. His key role plus CG's motives in preventing "free" Lord Vaders seem enough to make sure he is on the list.

KAM seems guaranteed from the combination of symmetry with GLOW (GLOW required the DS TB toon, LV should require the LS TB toon) + the interactions with KAM over the history of Anakin's development. Each interaction with KAM might be minor, but he worked with KAM many times during the war, so it's at least justifiable, even if not obviously self justifying.

Droids. QGJ. Padmé. Geonosians. Dooku. Those are all good bets. But not Bad Batch that I can tell. The only bit of logic that applies to Bad Batch is that they're new, so many people won't have them anywhere near relic (or even 7*) when Lord Vader is released. But that's not enough. There has to be some story nexus, and with BB, I can't see one at all. Is there anything more than that one story in S7 of CW:TAS? Is that enough?

I mean, sure they interacted a little bit, but did that interaction mean anything to who Anakin was or the change he was going through? I don't see it.

In your entire novel, you answered your own question. Where did JMK interact with Wat Tambor? Skywalker interacted with members of the bad batch far more than Kenobi ever did with Wat. The only reason Wat was required was because he was a stopgap in progression to unlock JMK. Which is why KAM and any bad batch member would be good bets to be required. Are they guaranteed to be needed? Of course not, however I’d bet KAM and some bad batch would be needed. More likely would be some useless GR jedi instead, or like you said Nute and other seps. Follow the data my friend and you’ll see who is most likely needed
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Depends on how much they want to lock out newer whales with the new GLs but Wat has alrdy shown that they have no problem with including a non farmable/buyable char.
    The chars in question for LV would be CAT and KAM. I still don't see KAM going to be a requirement and CAT is also unlikely imo since it's gonna take a while untill she completely rotates out of conquest and moves to a farming node (with packs ok top of it I guess) - untill then she's locked behind hard conquest and it's 4m GP gate.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Durandal
    109 posts Member
    I would like a young Anakin, or an episode 2 Anakin with two lightsabers from the Duku fight.

That not Lord Vader yet.
  • Larx wrote: »

🤨

it's GLOW and there ain't no doubt about it..

but you do you, boo...

😘
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Kiaowew wrote: »
    SotaDraken wrote: »
    Larx wrote: »

🤨

but you do you, boo...

😘

there's no such thing as GLOW. Don't try to use it as if it means something....

Counterpoint: Call it whatever you want to call it and don't get hissy if people call it something else.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »

🤨

but you do you, boo...

😘

Counterpoint: Call it whatever you want to call it and don't get hissy if people call it something else.

absolutely. it's the hissy part that just makes me laugh.. As if they are actually "gatekeepers" to a nickname..

🤣😁
  • Granolo
    214 posts Member

🤨

but you do you, boo...

😘

Counter-counterpoint: People can call it whatever they like, but we are still gonna make fun of it, GLOW it's so silly and absurd, it's imposible not to. We will also make fun of anyone using GLLUSK or GLESP.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Granolo wrote: »

🤨

but you do you, boo...

😘

Counter-counterpoint: People can call it whatever they like, but we are still gonna make fun of it, GLOW it's so silly and absurd, it's imposible not to. We will also make fun of anyone using GLLUSK or GLESP.

Counter-counter-counterpoint:
    Accept whatever nickname you want to call it, no matter how ridiculous it is, and accept the nicknames others call it, no matter how ridiculous they are.
    That way, everybody’s happy (well, mostly).
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Shows what's wrong with the world these days everyone is obsessed with acronyms. Whatever happened to calling him Master Kenobi...
  • AlexTheG
    215 posts Member
    Shows what's Whatever happened to calling him Master Kenobi...

Shouldn't that be "MK"?
  • Shows what's wrong with the world these days everyone is obsessed with acronyms. Whatever happened to calling him Master Kenobi...
    It’s all about time efficiency. Think of the time that forumers obsessed with the adoption a standardised acronym system save! Probably less time than it takes them to post their objections to acronyms of which they disapprove.

Sarcasm aside, the use of “GLOW” is an abomination and must be stopped at all costs.