Sith Lord Vader next GL?

Replies

  • Incorrect he was fallen anakin. he was not vader until AFTER mustafar this is canon.

    Way to ignore everything I wrote. Tell me then, if he's not Vader until after Mustafar, why did Palpatine dub him Darth Vader right after throwing Mace out the window? You do realize how time works right, because that happens before Anakin goes to Mustafar.
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    Incorrect he was fallen anakin. he was not vader until AFTER mustafar this is canon.

    That is not canon. I don't even know where you got the idea. Suit was the result of the fight with Obi-Wan. He was Vader from the moment he pledged himself to Palpaltine.
    Incorrect he was fallen anakin. he was not vader until AFTER mustafar this is canon.

    Way to ignore everything I wrote. Tell me then, if he's not Vader until after Mustafar, why did Palpatine dub him Darth Vader right after throwing Mace out the window? You do realize how time works right, because that happens before Anakin goes to Mustafar.

    Honestly, I get that people don't like him. But ignoring canon and trying to rewrite it is ridiculous.
  • MasterGomez87
    34 posts Member
    edited June 12
    Lies get ignored. The ability to type doesn't make you intelligent.

    it IS canon after mustafar. You will accept this because it is canon fact.

    Kyno will move this topic to off topic and non relevance.
  • Lies get ignored. The ability to type doesn't make you intelligent.

    it IS canon after mustafar. You will accept this because it is canon fact.

    So you're just ignoring a scene from a canon movie, literally the highest source of what is and isn't canon? Kyno linked the scene where Sidious deems him Darth Vader. It's right after Windu gets windowed. Before the Temple raid and before Mustafar.
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    Lies get ignored. The ability to type doesn't make you intelligent.

    it IS canon after mustafar. You will accept this because it is canon fact.

    So you're just ignoring a scene from a canon movie, literally the highest source of what is and isn't canon? Kyno linked the scene where Sidious deems him Darth Vader. It's right after Windu gets windowed. Before the Temple raid and before Mustafar.

    They have their own canon apparently...
  • ZaKent
    13 posts Member
    There is so much wishful thinking going on here and people seeing only what they want to see, everything being thrown by both sides is a red herring. JML and SEE are not from the same movie, so JMK and the next GL do not have to be from the same movie. Reference to "Lord vader" are as such because that's how Vader was referenced by papa Palpi in EP3. Iconic fights in GL event unlocking are not always against the opposite GLs (SEE and JML). CG has been trying to not overlap GLs requirements and factions, so forget about another set of GR toons being required for the next GL. Lack of X toon can be interpreted as being 10 different things. People are seeing evidence where there is none because they want it to be a specific GL.

    However, JMK is a fan favorite followed by Anakin, so it is likely Anakin because fans want him, not because they are dropping hints in developer insight, or because GAS wasn't a requirement. They'll make Anakin/Vader/whatever they'll call him work in whatever way because they can.

    It is going to be Anakin, because the majority of players hyped themselves to Anakin being the next one the moment JMK was announced.
  • Kyno
    31164 posts Moderator
    ZaKent wrote: »
    There is so much wishful thinking going on here and people seeing only what they want to see, everything being thrown by both sides is a red herring. JML and SEE are not from the same movie, so JMK and the next GL do not have to be from the same movie. Reference to "Lord vader" are as such because that's how Vader was referenced by papa Palpi in EP3. Iconic fights in GL event unlocking are not always against the opposite GLs (SEE and JML). CG has been trying to not overlap GLs requirements and factions, so forget about another set of GR toons being required for the next GL. Lack of X toon can be interpreted as being 10 different things. People are seeing evidence where there is none because they want it to be a specific GL.

    However, JMK is a fan favorite followed by Anakin, so it is likely Anakin because fans want him, not because they are dropping hints in developer insight, or because GAS wasn't a requirement. They'll make Anakin/Vader/whatever they'll call him work in whatever way because they can.

    It is going to be Anakin, because the majority of players hyped themselves to Anakin being the next one the moment JMK was announced.

    I agree with everything except the last idea that they will just do it because of fandom, that's not really how this works, at least not in the immediate sense. The decision for the next one is likely to have already been made, they have road maps for this kind of stuff laid out.
  • LordDirt
    2490 posts Member
    Can we get Sith eyes Anakin from Mustafar then?
    Free at last
  • Lies get ignored. The ability to type doesn't make you intelligent.

    it IS canon after mustafar. You will accept this because it is canon fact.

    Kyno will move this topic to off topic and non relevance.

    If you’re so sure it’s canon, then show us a source, ANY canon source, that states that Anakin only becomes Vader after Mustafar. You won’t be able to, because it’s not true. Lies get ignored you say? That’s why you’re getting ignored, because you’re lying. Or you’re just ignorant. Can’t really tell which it is, but either way, you’re completely wrong.
  • Starslayer
    1282 posts Member
    edited June 12
    Lies get ignored. The ability to type doesn't make you intelligent.

    it IS canon after mustafar. You will accept this because it is canon fact.

    Kyno will move this topic to off topic and non relevance.

    What does "canon" means ? I will probably accept it if you explain it to me.
  • Xcien
    1982 posts Member
    Incorrect he was fallen anakin. he was not vader until AFTER mustafar this is canon.

    He was Vader. Anakin ceased to be Anakin when he killed Windu, and Palps declared him as Darth Vader. Palps did not say "you are now Darth Vader" as Vader got his suit. The fact that Anakin became vader before the suit IS canon, not after he got the suit.
    Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback has been noted.
  • Xcien
    1982 posts Member
    Lies get ignored. The ability to type doesn't make you intelligent.

    it IS canon after mustafar. You will accept this because it is canon fact.

    Kyno will move this topic to off topic and non relevance.

    Whose lies? Yours?
    It is NOT canon. Give a source to your "canon" so that we can agree that Anakin became Vader pre-Mustafar. Anakin stormed the Jedi temple, killed the Sep leaders, and fought Obi-Wan as Vader, not "Fallen" Anakin. If you are so sure that your "canon" is right, and Vader becomes Vader when he gets his suit, then show us ANY source to prove it.
    Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback has been noted.
  • MasterGomez87 is just trolling you guys, ignore him alright?

    I still thinks all signs point to Darth Vader pre-suit... But no way it is going to bem Maul, he's not GL material... Doku, Grievous or even Sidious (the one from the office fight, not CW Sidious we have) are other options, but I don't see them being the next. And maybe, just maybe they're giving Vader the Seps tag just because... It wouldn't make much sense, but there are lots of things in this game that don't (Visas not being Jedi - she was trained by Meetra Surik after all, JML not having the Rebel tag, etc.).
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • MilHanso wrote: »
    MasterGomez87 is just trolling you guys, ignore him alright?

    I still thinks all signs point to Darth Vader pre-suit... But no way it is going to bem Maul, he's not GL material... Doku, Grievous or even Sidious (the one from the office fight, not CW Sidious we have) are other options, but I don't see them being the next. And maybe, just maybe they're giving Vader the Seps tag just because... It wouldn't make much sense, but there are lots of things in this game that don't (Visas not being Jedi - she was trained by Meetra Surik after all, JML not having the Rebel tag, etc.).

    Characters not having a tag is a different situation that a character having a tag that doesn’t belong. I doubt very much they’ll go that road.
  • NicWester
    8039 posts Member
    Lies get ignored. The ability to type doesn't make you intelligent.

    it IS canon after mustafar. You will accept this because it is canon fact.

    You keep saying canon, but I don't think you actually know what it means.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • We need GL PORG before any other.
    nnfvh2d97kpc.jpeg
  • 03Chaos
    43 posts Member
    Lies get ignored. The ability to type doesn't make you intelligent.

    it IS canon after mustafar. You will accept this because it is canon fact.

    Kyno will move this topic to off topic and non relevance.

    You're right only in that it is canon after Mustafar because it is canon every moment from when Palpating dubs him Vader until he lunges at Palpatine on the second Death Star. So yeah, he is Darth Vader after Mustafar...but he becomes Darth Vader before Mustafar
  • NicWester
    8039 posts Member
    He may only have all his limbs for a hot minute (ha!) as Darth Vader, but he IS Darth Vader.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • exile038
    134 posts Member
    From the canon sectionof Wookiepedia,
    "He reluctantly pledged himself to service under his new Sith Master, Darth Sidious, who named him "Darth Vader,"[11] a title that he did not bestow lightly.[168] Sidious then declared all Jedi enemies of the Republic and ordered Vader to kill the Jedi at the Temple, while he executed Order 66, during which clone troopers turned on their Jedi Generals and executed them on the spot. Leading the attack, Vader and the 501st Legion carried out this order. During the assault, Vader entered the council chamber and found a group of younglings trying to hide. Thinking Vader was still a Jedi Knight, one boy asked him what they should do, but the new Sith Lord slaughtered the boy and the other younglings.[11] Also during the battle, Vader killed Jedi Masters such as Cin Drallig,[169] before meeting with Sidious, who then sent him to Mustafar."

    Source: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Anakin_Skywalker#Fall_to_the_dark_side
  • LordDirt
    2490 posts Member
    We can get into semantics.

    Darth was a Sith title. He was given the title Darth Vader but he then had to go earn it by destroying the Jedi Temple and killing the remaining Separatists on Mustafar. That is where he got his yellow Sith eyes.

    Darth Tyranus aka Count Dooku did not go by his Sith title or earn his yellow Sith eyes by fully embracing the dark side.

    When are people who follow the Jedi Code actually Jedi? That is an even bigger debate.
    Free at last
  • Boser
    16 posts Member
    My issue with A Dark Side Anakin is what would he be the leader of? Another sith just doesn't make sense to me. We haven't doubled up any faction for GLs yet and sith isnt a hugely deep faction.

    I would expect separatist for whatever the GL is. Feels like a stretch for a dark side Anakin to be a separatist but I guess anything is possible.

    I'd be 100% down for straight up Darth Vader with empire synergy though.
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    Boser wrote: »
    My issue with A Dark Side Anakin is what would he be the leader of? Another sith just doesn't make sense to me. We haven't doubled up any faction for GLs yet and sith isnt a hugely deep faction.

    I would expect separatist for whatever the GL is. Feels like a stretch for a dark side Anakin to be a separatist but I guess anything is possible.

    I'd be 100% down for straight up Darth Vader with empire synergy though.

    JMK is GR and Jedi, so Vader can and will be, most likely, Empire and Sith.

  • Boser
    16 posts Member
    Pile wrote: »
    Boser wrote: »
    Another sith just doesn't make sense to me. We haven't doubled up any faction for GLs yet and sith isnt a hugely deep faction.

    Not true, GMK has the Jedi tag as well as Galactic Republic

    He's not a Jedi leader though Is what I mean. He's Galactic Republic.

    Other that sith I don't see a leader that makes sense. Again unless they just go all in Darth Vader with empire.

    Separatist leader where maybe he kills an ally every turn and absorbs their stats or something maybe. But basically I mean his only involvement really with separatist was killing them.
  • Boser
    16 posts Member
    Jo0121 wrote: »
    Boser wrote: »
    My issue with A Dark Side Anakin is what would he be the leader of? Another sith just doesn't make sense to me. We haven't doubled up any faction for GLs yet and sith isnt a hugely deep faction.

    I would expect separatist for whatever the GL is. Feels like a stretch for a dark side Anakin to be a separatist but I guess anything is possible.

    I'd be 100% down for straight up Darth Vader with empire synergy though.

    JMK is GR and Jedi, so Vader can and will be, most likely, Empire and Sith.

    That would be Darth Vader there. Not this stupid Lord Vader. I would love a Darth Vader. But Lord Vader I just don't get.
  • flux_rono
    1543 posts Member
    Pile wrote: »
    Boser wrote: »
    Jo0121 wrote: »
    Boser wrote: »
    My issue with A Dark Side Anakin is what would he be the leader of? Another sith just doesn't make sense to me. We haven't doubled up any faction for GLs yet and sith isnt a hugely deep faction.

    I would expect separatist for whatever the GL is. Feels like a stretch for a dark side Anakin to be a separatist but I guess anything is possible.

    I'd be 100% down for straight up Darth Vader with empire synergy though.

    JMK is GR and Jedi, so Vader can and will be, most likely, Empire and Sith.

    That would be Darth Vader there. Not this stupid Lord Vader. I would love a Darth Vader. But Lord Vader I just don't get.

    Lord Vader was literally fighting for the Empire at the end of RotS and I'd bet on Empire leader with his ultimate transforming him into Vader in the suit. Kind of like SEE on the Ommin harness before ult then Gucci Palpy after.

    thats kinda a debate for me with the ult. if kenobi has an ult what can activate unlimited times in a match (like kylo and rey) will his counter part have the same as well? while possible since there not enough precedence, it would be weird to me if the next GL has a transformation ult that's only activated once in battle.
  • Drathuk916
    87 posts Member
    edited June 15
    So just a question for those who are beyond convinced it is anakin. Who does he beat out of the five other gls. I would expect lose to two, beat two, with one evenly matched. To me jmk and see seem to be the obvious candidates of lose to, jml draw (Vader and Luke both decide not to destroy the other though they could have albeit Vader is letting emp do it) which leaves rey and slkr as the gls Vader beats. If you agree with this are you happy with it? If you disagree who do you think he beats and why?

    It might be Vader hell probably is but a rots era Vader seems like the lore would dictate a weakish gl that would be completely unsatisfactory to me.

  • If we could have a Rogue One Vader, I’d go full on whale for that!

    Merciless Massacre is the tie in from Rogue One

    While that is true, a GL could really take the force crush animation up 10 levels.
Sign In or Register to comment.