[ Developer Insights - Kit Reveal
Hi Holotable Heroes,
Galactic Legend Jedi Master Kenobi has joined the holotables!
Brimming with references to iconic Revenge of the Sith moments, Galactic Legend Jedi Master Kenobi has a kit that is as powerful as it is reverent to Episode III. Health and Protection recovery, Defense Penetration, Foresight, and Mastery, along with Speed and Health increases for allies are just the tip of the lightsaber. In addition to Galactic Republic characters, he also acts as a robust leader when paired with Light Side Unaligned Force Users.
When it comes to the opposition, Jedi Master Kenobi inflicts enemies with Vulnerable and calls allies to assist, showcasing the intelligence and camaraderie he regularly displayed during battle.
Worthy of both the Jedi Master and Galactic Legend titles, if you’re not excited for this version of Obi-Wan, “then, you are lost!”The Basics:
- Jedi Master Kenobi is an attacker with a very diverse set of abilities which almost feels like a Swiss Army knife due to his incredible flexibility.
- Depending on what the situation needs, his kit allows him to keep his allies alive, boost an allies’ damage, or increase his own damage.
- His Special, I Will do What I Must, can target himself to deal more damage and charge his Ultimate quickly or can be used to help an allied attacker hit even harder.
- Many Galactic Republic characters synergize with Protection Up and Jedi Master Kenobi is no exception - Kenobi can be a very tough target to take down since Protection Up scales off his huge Max Health pool as a Galactic Legend.
- Jedi Master Kenobi has a very unique kit, but his High Ground buff combined with the rest of his kit is what makes him so strong.
- The High Ground buff gives him a damage boost when he attacks out of turn in addition to 100% Counter Chance
- Kenobi will be attacking outside of his turn frequently when he has the High Ground due to his Leader Ability, Harmonious Will, which calls him to assist whenever a Galactic Republic ally uses an ability during their turn.
- On top of all that, Kenobi’s Unique, May The Force Be With You, will be constantly healing all Galactic Republic allies when he attacks out of turn (or any other Galactic Republic ally attacks out of turn).
- Kenobi can reset Cooldowns for a Galactic Republic Ally with his Special, Hello There, which is particularly useful with Commander Ahsoka Tano’s Force Leap.
- In addition to resetting their cooldowns, Hello There also applies Damage Immunity to the target Galactic Republic ally
- Jedi Master Kenobi has more direct control over his Ultimate charge compared to other Galactic Legends - His Special, I Will Do What I Must, can be used on himself to charge his Ultimate or used on an ally to get the immediate value from an extra powerful assist.
- Obviously this is the Obi-Wan Kenobi we see in Revenge of the Sith and thus we had to include some of the popular prequel memes.
- It’s Over is obviously taken from his line “It’s over, Anakin, I have the high ground” which is why it gives the High Ground buff.
- We had to make an ability called “Hello There” because it was critical to the design of his kit (and the community would have been at our doors with torches and pitchforks)
- I Will Do What I Must pays homage to the duel between him and Lord Vader on Mustafar.
- Kenobi’s selflessness and loyalty to the Galactic Republic were strong inspirations when we were building his kit.
- Jedi Master Kenobi’s relic amplifier is the Varactyl Boga that he rode on Utapau while chasing down General Grievous. The two quickly formed a very short-lived bond that we wanted to celebrate in the game.
- Hello There is a very flexible ability depending on which ally you target.
- It can be primarily used to reset attacker cooldowns and allow them to keep using abilities with long cooldowns.
- Using it on your tank (like General Kenobi) to give them the Damage Immunity and nearly impenetrable wall for the enemy squad.
- Selecting himself with Special 1, I Will Do What I Must, is the fastest way to gain Ultimate Charge quickly thanks to its short cooldown.
- Jedi Master Kenobi performs best with a full squad of Galactic Republic allies but can still be a very strong lead if you include 1 or 2 non-Galactic Republic Light Side Allies.
- When to use his Ultimate can be a tricky question - True to the name “It’s Over” can end a battle quickly if you are at 100% but it’s important to have allies alive when you use it.
- Without allies, the Ultimate is not nearly as strong because there is no one to call Jedi Master Kenobi to assist
- This means you might want to use his Ultimate early if you might lose most of your squad before you reach 100%
- Jedi Master Kenobi is very strong in Territory Battles as his consistent damage and constant healing allow him to sustain a squad through many waves.
- Additionally Galactic Republic and/or Jedi which are required for many missions which he fits right into.
- You can charge Kenobi’s Ultimate, It’s Over, by using the Basic ability of a Light Side ally besides Jedi Master Kenobi. This effect is doubled if it's on their turn so you’ll want to carefully weigh the value of using their Special Abilities over a Basic attack that also helps Jedi Master Kenobi reach his Ultimate faster.
- The description for Jedi Master Kenobi’s Leader Ability, Harmonious Will, may seem confusing: “Galactic Republic Tanks gain Taunt for 2 turns at the start of each encounter if they did not have it, and when they lose Taunt they gain it for 2 turns if they have Protection but did not have Taunt” How can a unit lose Taunt and still have Taunt?
- While it is not displayed in battle, characters and ships CAN have multiple of the same buff but it won’t display multiple stacks in cases where it won't increase the effect of the buff.
- A good example is General Kenobi: General Kenobi gains Taunt for 1 turn when an ally is critically hit and if multiple allies are critically hit, he has multiple 1 turn Taunt buffs but it's displayed as a single buff.
- When combined with Jedi Master Kenobi’s Leader Ability, General Kenobi could have dozens of hidden taunts that reapply themselves, and unless prevented, won't go away, which leads to a confusing play experience.
- “but did not have Taunt” was added to prevent this issue and to more closely reflect what you would experience in game.
- What the heck is that icon for Harmonious Will? It’s his Jedi Council Seat!
- While we only released 1 Galactic Legend this time, Jedi Master Kenobi will get his Dark Side counterpart in the future. Stay tuned to the forums!