Do devs test conquest?

MisterCrowley
7 posts Member
edited June 2021
Serious question because it would seem the answer is no and more like randomly generated.

For example my GAS boss normal round 2 the team reduces their cooldowns by 3 every turn so you end up with gas doing nothing but force grip and rex doing nothing but form up.

Phoenix squad and cls teams although beatable does the annoying chain attack off crits.

I know we get data disks to beef up our teams but you can't remod your team without costing currency and not to mention your stuck with whatever ones the game feels like giving you.

I'm only 3.4 mil power and by no means expect to full clear red crate however hitting brick walls like that takes all the fun out of it.

Any thoughts?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

For example my GAS boss normal round 2 the team reduces their cooldowns by 3 every turn so you end up with gas doing nothing but force grip and rex doing nothing but form up.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/245136/content-update-05-19-2021#latest
    mo0ylflvkliy.jpg

Phoenix squad and cls teams although beatable does the annoying chain attack off crits.

Correct, nothing wrong or having anything to do with testing. Not liking something doesnt mean its broken.
    I know we get data disks to beef up our teams but you can't remod your team without costing currency and not to mention your stuck with whatever ones the game feels like giving you.

I'm only 3.4 mil power and by no means expect to full clear red crate however hitting brick walls like that takes all the fun out of it.

Any thoughts?

Yes a progressive game mode is supposed to give you a challenge and grind you to a halt, as you build up your roster and develop more, you will make it futher.

Yes, the cost is there, but it's a balance of progressing further by spending it on changes to your discs or consumables. You may be able to get further and earn more currency by spending a little strategically early on.

There are players just over 4M that are clearing it and asking about going to hard mode, you may want to think about your roster development and ask for guidance to get in a better position as you build up to that threshold.
  • That's exactly my point, GAS opens with force grip which in turn causes your teams abilitys to go into CD and daze, no big deal, then rex goes and uses form up giving the entire team a move, no big deal however that now makes force grip down to two turns, cycle back to GAS moving again, using sundering strike, then rex moves uses form up, it's an unbreakable cycle.

I know I'm not going to clear the entire thing, the git gud comment is irrelevant, I'm not arguing that, and am working on it, I'm referring specifically to the design of the stage itself which under almost any other team wouldn't be that big of an issue, it's the cycle with rex and his form up with gas and his CD increase.