Please fix stability

WhoDat
55 posts Member
edited June 2021
Hundreds of dollars spent, monthly… thousands on lstb teams…

And continued crashes,…

If stability is not possible, then please allow additional attempts on missions…

It’s zero fun to watch the game freeze or blank off the screen…

iphone, up to date, been having stability issues for more than a year, but my issues began with the incompatibility of sounds in this game when played with hearing aids… swgoh does not support hearing impaired, but I could disable sounds, or play silent, but those crashes happened from navigation within the game itself, open gac (added points = crash), open any relic screen (crash), plus several more…

Those would crash audio, the game would freeze shortly thereafter….

Now if I use the bad batch echo in gameplay, audio crashes, then the game freezes

So I can’t play with bad batch… sucks but whatever… I could work around it

Now something in the backend is broken on moving mods… sometimes it’s fine, but after you’ve moved too many it’s like Russian roulette but without the audio crash pre-warning, just a complete crash and the game drops off the screen….

I’m angry now, if I can’t move mods, there’s no point in pushing new or hard content, I understand that it’s “only broken for a select few” ,but I pay just like everyone else,, if it’s unfixable, fine, but at least let me complete an attempt…
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• HJoci30
    154 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    It is the same on android too... Several crashes in gac, tb, arena.....also the disappearing buttons bug came back in every game mode. Since the 1st conquest update the instability is worts than ever.
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    I've had 1 crash in the past 8 months. I'm honestly pretty sure it was a device crash, too, as it wasn't even when I was doing anything, just had the game open, went to check what my energy was at, realized it had closed.

This would realistically mean that it's a client-side issue - some form of incompatibility with the game and something (hardware, software, external hardware, settings, etc. - Literally anything) on the user end, because if there was an ACTUAL issue with the game, it would reproduce for everyone.

The only way to fix specific incompatibilities is for it to get properly reported through the proper channels so the devs can figure out exactly what the issue is and figure out a fix for it.

This is true for all games - I'm no stranger to having issues that "only" effect me/specific hardware I use - SWTOR had a notorious crash on specifically nvidia GPUs for a while in a specific instance, and a number of games I've played on steam have had similar issues, etc.

Most game companies don't have every single possible configuration of hardware/OS version/external hardware on hand to test every potential update with. "iphone, up to date" doesn't say anything that can be used to diagnose other than OS - iPhone 10? 11? 6? standard or S or w/e? Every single answer to that single question leads to a different potential set of stuff to test. And various external hardware can and does occasionally cause additional stability issues, some of which aren't even fixable game-side sometimes because it's actually an OS issue caused by multiple signals, etc. (I'm aware of at least 1 case where this was actually the issue with another game's crashing problems.)
  • HJoci30
    154 posts Member
    Artumas wrote: »
    I've had 1 crash in the past 8 months. I'm honestly pretty sure it was a device crash, too, as it wasn't even when I was doing anything, just had the game open, went to check what my energy was at, realized it had closed.

This would realistically mean that it's a client-side issue - some form of incompatibility with the game and something (hardware, software, external hardware, settings, etc. - Literally anything) on the user end, because if there was an ACTUAL issue with the game, it would reproduce for everyone.

The only way to fix specific incompatibilities is for it to get properly reported through the proper channels so the devs can figure out exactly what the issue is and figure out a fix for it.

This is true for all games - I'm no stranger to having issues that "only" effect me/specific hardware I use - SWTOR had a notorious crash on specifically nvidia GPUs for a while in a specific instance, and a number of games I've played on steam have had similar issues, etc.

Most game companies don't have every single possible configuration of hardware/OS version/external hardware on hand to test every potential update with. "iphone, up to date" doesn't say anything that can be used to diagnose other than OS - iPhone 10? 11? 6? standard or S or w/e? Every single answer to that single question leads to a different potential set of stuff to test. And various external hardware can and does occasionally cause additional stability issues, some of which aren't even fixable game-side sometimes because it's actually an OS issue caused by multiple signals, etc. (I'm aware of at least 1 case where this was actually the issue with another game's crashing problems.)

You are just lucky. I rarely had crashes in this year till the conquest update. Since than I had several, and not just me, lots of other players too. Both on IOS and android.
    I agree, that the device matters, but most of the crashes, freezes arent because of that. I played several games on my phones, also similar games like this and I never had problems with them(ok, I didnt play them this long butn still). Even the devs sad, that the start it wasnt well made, and some of the problems comes from that because it is hard to patch the core of the game.
  • I think stability has been an issue ever since their framework update, the game seems to leak memory these days and eventually the O/S will kill it off (Android here). Generally you can feel it starting to struggle, things start to take a log longer and its usually a sign you need to restart the app. But these days I try to remember to restart the app before anything important and I dare not ever switch to another app while in the middle of something as the extra memory usage will cause swgoh to be killed off.

It could be that the game just uses more memory since the framework update and maybe my device is at the limits now but I know lots of people with better phones than me also have these issues.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Posting here doesnt help highlight the issue. You need to report all instances of bugs and issues to Answers HQ.
    Your topic has been moved to the Bugs and Issues Archive. For better assistance and functionality, please report your bug over at Answers HQ.

You’ll be able to find direct links to all the existing SWGOH forum boards on Answers HQ so you can easily navigate between both forums.

Please visit the Answers HQ forums by clicking the link below!
    <<Answers HQ>>