Time is Championship points

zatho
747 posts Member
edited June 2021
Hello there,

We all know these enemies who don't attack in GAC until the last hour(s) and then may defeat you or not. I thought there might be a way to encourage these people to not wait till the end:
  • reward 6 points for every won battle within the first 6 hours
  • reward 4 points for every won battle within 6 and 12 hours
  • reward 2 points for every won battle within 12 and 18 hours
  • no points for fights in the last 6 hours
These points should go directly to the championship score, just like completing feats. They should not count to banners and give no direct advantage in the battle.

In division 4, for instance you have 4+3+5+2 = 14 battles and can earn up to 84 points. Over the whole GAC this would make 84*9 = 756 Points. Not so much that it would brake game economics and this is maximum possible bonus, if you can't clear all fields, you get even less.

This could encourage not to wait too long with attacking. A little balance between getting more points, that can make the difference to kyber, and waiting to see how well the opponents performs with his attacks.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Nope. Absolute nope.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Borat wrote: »
    That would penalize those who can't attack in the first few hours. Also, it is a strategy for some to see if they need to underdog a team or if they can spare a battle or 2. The first reason is a big one for why this will not be entertained by the devs. The long period of time is to ensure that players around the world have enough time to play. Personally I usually can't do my attacks until the last 2-3 hours due to RL. I need to sleep, eat, spend time with my kids and actually do some work.

But in that case you would not any disadvantage to the current state. As I statet, these points should not help you defeat your opponent. They just help you to get closter to the next league. Just like you can complete feats or not. Right now I am often "penalized" when I have to use toons I don't have geared high enough.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Unfortunately this isn’t feasible at all. With all the time zone differences this would penalize many players just based on where they live. Also it’s a strategy to sometimes wait out your opponents attacks so you yourself can see how many banners or battles you can drop.

I could see something in the line of feats as a joke like “Kessel Run done” but to tie points and winning or losing is nowhere near fair. Hard pass
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Unfortunately this isn’t feasible at all. With all the time zone differences this would penalize many players just based on where they live. Also it’s a strategy to sometimes wait out your opponents attacks so you yourself can see how many banners or battles you can drop.

I could see something in the line of feats as a joke like “Kessel Run done” but to tie points and winning or losing is nowhere near fair. Hard pass

I thought I have been clear. These points are not banners. You don't get more to win the duel or tie.
  • But why? What's wrong with waiting till the last hour to attack? I don't personally do it but I also don't see why someone should be penalized for attacking near the end. The attack period is 24 hours for a reason, so that players can choose when they want to attack instead of being shepherded into a specific time that may or may not work for them.

And you do realize that timezones are a thing. What's the point of creating a system like this if it's just going to punish players who happen to live in places where the attack period starts when they're sleeping? Is it their fault for not living somewhere that happens to have the start of the attack period coincide with daytime?
  • It’s penalizing people who can’t attack in the first few hours. They are missing out on points for Kyber for no other reason than they can’t play during the optimum time.

Also there’s nothing wrong with people doing their battles whenever they want. I do mine whenever I get time. I’ve attacked in the first hour and also the last hour just based on real life issues. Waiting for the results is just part of the experience.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    zatho wrote: »

I thought I have been clear. These points are not banners. You don't get more to win the duel or tie.

Regardless, you are still giving people an unfair advantage based on where they live and time zones. Why should I get to kyber easier than someone who lives in the UK?

Like I said, it could be funny for feats and titles but to tie it into scoring at all is not fair to many people.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited June 2021

I thought Ravens was clear as well. It penalizes those players. That's a big "No" from me.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

I thought Ravens was clear as well. It penalizes those players. That's a big "No" from me.

Agreed. The point of the 24 hour window is to allow players to play when they can. Not punish players for living in different time zones (or reward players for living in "better" ones).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Nope. And I usually attack first.
  • This is,too,complicarted for a small (but real) issue imo.

Any situation that would advantage those going first would,give an advantage to,those,able,to go,first thx to their real life schedule, just as it’s the case now,for those able to play during the last half hour.

The best solution would be to keep a fog of war until the end of the event. However, I confess that I like the feeling when I see my teams falling under my opponent punches. It gives a nice little thrill.

Other idea : Giving the win in case of a tie to the,player who finished attacking first could be an advantage small enough to be fair.