Health steal math

Dylan7485959
15 posts Member
edited June 2021
Hi, I have nihilus lead which gives 150% health steal. Some cards in the new galactic event also give health steal. My question is, how does health steal math in general work? I’d assume it’s a portion of the damage dealt, and so +100% life steal would halve the amount “not stolen”, and would never surpass 100% of the damage dealt. Thank you!

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    and so +100% life steal would halve the amount “not stolen”, and would never surpass 100% of the damage dealt. Thank you!

I'm not sure I understand this question but

Each character has their own individual health steal that you can see in the character tab (where you apply mods and gear for a character)

a relic 0, g13 Darth Nihilus has 15% Health Steal (he gains more at higher relic levels).

This means if Darth Nihilus does 100 damage, he heals himself up for 15 health

When Darth Nihilus is the leader, he has 165% health steal, and when he does 100 damage, he gains 165 health points

Any data disk in Conquest that increases health steal by X% would just add up on the 165%

So if there was a disk that grants +35% health steal, Darth Nihilus would have (165+35 = 200%) health steal when he is the leader in Conquest and for each 1 damage he deals, he recovers 2 health points
  • Options
    This answers my question, wow and thank you!
  • Options
    Note that health steal, and DN lead in general, aren't really all that good. I wouldn't come to depend on them.
  • Options
    Note that health steal, and DN lead in general, aren't really all that good. I wouldn't come to depend on them.

Health steal can some be really good. (Malak heals a lot with health steal, and so does nest.) Probably there are many more that I don't think of right now
  • Options
    Sanderzas wrote: »

Health steal can some be really good. (Malak heals a lot with health steal, and so does nest.) Probably there are many more that I don't think of right now

It can be useful (Malak and Nest are somewhat special cases), but it's not really something to build a team around - like DN. There's a reason you don't see his lead pretty much anywhere.
  • Options
    I have a lot of fun w my nihilus lead and I’m excited to see where it goes. It’s also been performing well
  • Options
    Sanderzas wrote: »

It can be useful (Malak and Nest are somewhat special cases), but it's not really something to build a team around - like DN. There's a reason you don't see his lead pretty much anywhere.

The biggest problem under nihilus lead is that you can only heal with health steal. Otherwise it could be a decent lead. (And I used nihilus lead in GAC last week with malak, I was glad I had the extra offense, or I wouldn't be able to win that battle