Bad Batch S1:E7 Chat (SPOILERS)

2Next

Replies

• RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options
    Konju wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    As for the episode, I was a little surprised that they got the chips dealt with relatively early, but it needed to get done at some point and it's not bad that it's done. (It just removes the possibility of something like Wrecker's freakout in this episode from happening in the middle of an even bigger crisis.)

I'm not willing to call it a great episode, but it was a good one.

It was a lot better than a few of the filler episodes. Though now I think they’re going to focus on getting crosshair back and find a role in the new rebellion or continue to build their mercenary role. Though giving the tactical droid data to whomever hired the sisters is probably going to be a bigger focus soon.

Rex was the client that the sisters were working for, he mentioned that they directed him to the Bad Batch in this episode.

Seems kinda strange that Rex, or Snips for that matter, would need a tactical droid to beat the clones. I missed that piece of info though.

Just because Rex is who the sisters were working for doesn’t mean there isn’t a bigger picture and others behind the scenes. I think more could be coming.

I would hope so. Rex and Echo were planning strategies for the republic and wouldn't need a sep droid to beat the clones. I was under the impression that Rex wasn't involved in the rebellion until Phoenix "recruited" him in Rebels.

That’s the thing about going back and doing content after it’s already existed - sometimes you retcon
  • Options
    RTS wrote: »
    As for the episode, I was a little surprised that they got the chips dealt with relatively early, but it needed to get done at some point and it's not bad that it's done. (It just removes the possibility of something like Wrecker's freakout in this episode from happening in the middle of an even bigger crisis.)

It was a lot better than a few of the filler episodes. Though now I think they’re going to focus on getting crosshair back and find a role in the new rebellion or continue to build their mercenary role. Though giving the tactical droid data to whomever hired the sisters is probably going to be a bigger focus soon.

Rex was the client that the sisters were working for, he mentioned that they directed him to the Bad Batch in this episode.

Seems kinda strange that Rex, or Snips for that matter, would need a tactical droid to beat the clones. I missed that piece of info though.

Just because Rex is who the sisters were working for doesn’t mean there isn’t a bigger picture and others behind the scenes. I think more could be coming.

I would hope so. Rex and Echo were planning strategies for the republic and wouldn't need a sep droid to beat the clones. I was under the impression that Rex wasn't involved in the rebellion until Phoenix "recruited" him in Rebels.

That’s the thing about going back and doing content after it’s already existed - sometimes you retcon

And if one is great at their job, they can make new content that doesn't conflict with their other content. lol
    I get it, it happens.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options

And if one is great at their job, they can make new content that doesn't conflict with their other content. lol
    I get it, it happens.

Oh I agree - we're definitely seeing that (somewhat) with Mandalorian etc. But if the decision is made by the higher-ups to visit people that have been previously 'absent' until a certain point (in this case Rex) you just have to fill in the holes as best you can.

There's been a number of things like that over the years you just have to squint your eyes at so it makes sense.

• Options

I get it, it happens.

Oh I agree - we're definitely seeing that (somewhat) with Mandalorian etc. But if the decision is made by the higher-ups to visit people that have been previously 'absent' until a certain point (in this case Rex) you just have to fill in the holes as best you can.

There's been a number of things like that over the years you just have to squint your eyes at so it makes sense.

It also helps to bear in mind that it is just fiction and nit picking errors tends to make things less enjoyable.

So I read an article that made a Hondo appearance in Bad Batch seem possible. Would love that. Also need Hondo in game. Legendary scoundrel event!!!
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options

I get it, it happens.

It also helps to bear in mind that it is just fiction and nit picking errors tends to make things less enjoyable.

So I read an article that made a Hondo appearance in Bad Batch seem possible. Would love that. Also need Hondo in game. Legendary scoundrel event!!!

Would LOVE Hondo, bounty hunters need a Cap ship. Wouldn't mind him in something like Mando either honestly.