Conquest speeds

Agni21
2 posts Member
edited June 2021
In sector 2 my vader at under Tarkin lead at a base 244 before tarkin lead and his unique with a team of emp palp, thrawn, and piett was outsped by an entire resistance team with only over prep 1 and none of their base speeds times 20% come close to what my Vader’s speed should be. This has happened with multiple teams at the end of sector 2 where I’m getting outsped when I shouldn’t be. Has anyone else had this issue and know how to fix it?

Replies

• crzydroid
    7294 posts Moderator
    What's your Vader's stamina? Also, how are you able to see the enemy speeds?
  • My Vader is 100% stam and I looked up base speeds of the characters like R2 has a base speed of 177 at gear 13 177 time 1.2 is 212.4 and he is the first to go every time
  • It's not "wrong" in the sense that the speeds are wrong. However because of how the calculations work out, we can be almost 100% certain that CG is doing what it often does with its toons & assigning them stat boosts that take the place of what they might get from mods.

The stat boost is supposed to place them on par with someone with whatever they think should be "expected" mods, then the "Overprepared" boosts them still further.

The real problem here isn't the stat boost or the Overprep. The real problem is that we can't click on the enemy and check out their speed before engaging in a battle.

If we simply knew what was going on, that would be fine. After all, we're making it to the end of Conquest and even defeating the S5 Boss (who is ludicrously powerful, which only goes to show how ludicrously powerful our toons are when you add mods & data disks). A good percentage of folks are getting max rewards.

The mode is not impossible. What it is is inscrutable. Because we can't see stats for ourselves, it encourages players to watch videos and mirror the strategies that are found there. Or it encourages overreliance on GLs & other very powerful toons (like Vader) so as to not waste energy.

However if we could see what we're facing, we might feel more free to look at our own inventory & see what could beat a team with the stats we're facing (with or without remodding).

I think we would see more creativity, more variety, and a lot more fun if we had the opportunity to plan for what we're facing. Instead we know that stat bonuses increase deeper down the sector, but we don't know how much, exactly, because we don't know if this increase is linear or not, and we don't know if the bonus is to the base stats or to the stats of the toon post "simulated mods".

It's a mystery, and it's a frustrating one. I'm sure I'll continue to get max rewards for as long as I need CAT or some other toon I really love and I really want to get, but I'm not going to have as much fun as I would if I were doing my own theorizing, and there may very well come a day when I settle for the second best crate if things continue as they are but CG can't keep up the amazingly desirable shard/blueprint rewards they've had in Conquest so far.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited June 2021
    They will also have "mods" or stats boosted to imitate mods, all PvE toons have that.
  • Well the mods have to change then cause I’ve faced the exact same teams earlier in the sector and outsped them easily and now with the same modifiers they all have over 327 speed
  • @Kyno
    But will the 20%from Over-prepared boost the effectiveness of the mods? Or will it simply add 20% of base speed?

And if we knew that, we would still need to know if the "sector bonus" boosts the effectiveness of the simulated mods, or just boosts the base speed.

And if we knew that,w e would still need to know the amount of the sector bonus at each node, which we currently have no way to calculate.

While I agree that the speed of the enemy toons is WAI and doesn't need a fix, the ability to know what you're facing certainly needs a fix, IMO, even though I'm sure that concealing the enemy stats is also WAI from CG's point of view.
  • Well the mods have to change then cause I’ve faced the exact same teams earlier in the sector and outsped them easily and now with the same modifiers they all have over 327 speed

Each sector has a bit of info before you access it. Tap on the Sector from the "choose a sector" screen instead of the button that enters that sector.

It will tell you that each squad gets a bonus between x% and y%. The lower and upper boundaries change with each sector. It also says that the exact value, somewhere between X & Y, is higher and higher (but still never exceeding Y) the farther along the sector you go. Presumably on the last node before the boss fight, this bonus is equal to Y%, but we're not entirely sure. It could be that Y% only applies to the boss node.

In any case, even if you meet the same team twice, they won't have the same stats since one team will necessarily be (at least one node) further along your sector path.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Agni21 wrote: »
    Well the mods have to change then cause I’ve faced the exact same teams earlier in the sector and outsped them easily and now with the same modifiers they all have over 327 speed

Yes as you progress through the sector the stat boost for the sector increases.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited June 2021
    But will the 20%from Over-prepared boost the effectiveness of the mods?

Yes, that is my understanding. They dont actually get mods, they are just given the stat boost to simulate it, so the boost would be to their stats, as they are.
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Well the mods have to change then cause I’ve faced the exact same teams earlier in the sector and outsped them easily and now with the same modifiers they all have over 327 speed

Exact same or do the later teams have BB-8? Other answers are the most likely to be correct, with the star boosts increasing as you progress through a sector, but BB-8 can give JTR a kick-start via Secret Intel if he's in a later team.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

But the more general point (and frustration) is that players have no idea what actual numbers those "stat boosts" are based on - we just know it generally gets more difficult. So the entire game mode is "Well, this should work...". Meh.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited June 2021
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

But the more general point (and frustration) is that players have no idea what actual numbers those "stat boosts" are based on - we just know it generally gets more difficult. So the entire game mode is "Well, this should work...". Meh.

As a general point, what PvE mode do we have where you can see the stats?

All we know in assault battles is it gets more difficult stepping up tiers.

That's just me though, I dont let games frustrate me.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • crzydroid
    7294 posts Moderator
    UdalCuain wrote: »

Exact same or do the later teams have BB-8? Other answers are the most likely to be correct, with the star boosts increasing as you progress through a sector, but BB-8 can give JTR a kick-start via Secret Intel if he's in a later team.

There's this as well. Even with just two droids, they will get 16% + 20%. If 3PO is there as well, it's 24%. Yes, R2 and 3PO will give your Vader another 16% as well, but if BB-8 (a fast toon) goes first after a 44% boost, then JTR gets 8%. Also, those Resistance teams often have another modifier where they get tm every time they gain a buff, so there's that to take into account as well.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

Assault Battles are a poor comp. They don't require energy - you can change teams, remod, etc. with no penalty. Most other PvE modes are also not ideal comparisons because many (TB, GL battles, Assault Battles, etc.) are static events, with well-documented strategies, comps, videos, etc.

Conquest is random and constantly changing with differing modifiers on changing and invisible stats. It's very different from most other PvE modes in that regard.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Assault Battles are a poor comp. They don't require energy - you can change teams, remod, etc. with no penalty. Most other PvE modes are also not ideal comparisons because many (TB, GL battles, Assault Battles, etc.) are static events, with well-documented strategies, comps, videos, etc.

Conquest is random and constantly changing with differing modifiers on changing and invisible stats. It's very different from most other PvE modes in that regard.

So as a general point we do not have any stat information on PvE events.

TB is a similar situation, loses count, we "just try" things, and eventually we accumulated enough information to count it as well documented...ext.

The same thing is likely to happen in Conquest, as the values are static, and eventually players will calculate speeds and other needed stats. Also players will realize that they dont need to go first to win and you can make strategies based on what we have.

I hope we see some more information coming our way, but this is not a particular point I have seen being discussed in any detail.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

So as a general point we do not have any stat information on PvE events.

TB is a similar situation, loses count, we "just try" things, and eventually we accumulated enough information to count it as well documented...ext.

The same thing is likely to happen in Conquest, as the values are static, and eventually players will calculate speeds and other needed stats. Also players will realize that they dont need to go first to win and you can make strategies based on what we have.

I hope we see some more information coming our way, but this is not a particular point I have seen being discussed in any detail.

They've changed the teams, bosses and modifiers already in just a few iterations. Nowhere have they suggested that they will become static. As such, I have no idea why you insist that Conquest will suddenly become static. CG has never suggested that to be the case. In fact, they have already changed it once, so unless you are making an official announcement of some sort, I don't share your opinion that it will become static.

Incidentally, they have also never stated that the values themselves are static - so you know that to be the case? Or are you simply theorizing?