Razor Crest Shards

Prev1
wilhud
47 posts Member
After the current Conquest is complete, will those of us battling hard mode continue to get 44 razor crest shards for the next 2 conquests or are those shards coming out of the crates before then? Curious so we know how we will need to farm them.

Thanks!

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    According to the post about the rewards change things are only being cycled out when something new moves in. So we shouldn't have anything to worry about at the moment
  • Blake085
    190 posts Member
    Options
    Unless they announce a third unit being added to Conquest as part of the End of Event rewards, you can expect to keep earning 44 shards in the Red Box
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    edited June 2021
    Options
    4puzm1ngbpyk.png

We do know from the SWGOH Events discord server that CAT will be reduced to 44 shards after the next conquest

Feel free to interpret this information as you will
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Once Razor Crest cycles out of reward boxes it'll be farmable. I think it said that you'll still be able to buy it from wandering merchants, or it'll be farmable from the Conquest store. Can't remember which--hell maybe both. It's in an announcement somewhere.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Found it.

57yobles3so8.jpeg

So no worries, it's no big deal. You'll still be able to farm it if you don't complete, or if you want to save your conquest bucks for later.

EDIT: Ha! Somehow while I was cropping the image my tablet thought I was writing a red line, but that red line wound up right next to the important part. It's kismet.
  • wilhud
    47 posts Member
    Options
    Nice! Thanks everyone!! The reason i was asking is cuz if there are 2 more conquests with 44 razor crest shards in the red crate, then we would only need to buy 1 more 5 pack to get it to max stars. Assuming you are all at the same 50/85 that i am currently. This event would take us to 9/100 and then two more red crates after would be 97/100.

If thats true, then i would just buy the 5 shards now to lock it in. But if they suddenly move razor crest to merchants or something else, then im not sure what the most cost effective way to get it would be. Sorry, shoulda mentioned that im a f2p penny pincher, trying to maximize value here lol.

Nic’s post makes me think we should be safe with the 44 in crate for a while tho, since theyre saying it will be several months for the 3rd new character to come along after asohka.
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options
    wilhud wrote: »
    Nice! Thanks everyone!! The reason i was asking is cuz if there are 2 more conquests with 44 razor crest shards in the red crate, then we would only need to buy 1 more 5 pack to get it to max stars. Assuming you are all at the same 50/85 that i am currently. This event would take us to 9/100 and then two more red crates after would be 97/100.

If thats true, then i would just buy the 5 shards now to lock it in. But if they suddenly move razor crest to merchants or something else, then im not sure what the most cost effective way to get it would be. Sorry, shoulda mentioned that im a f2p penny pincher, trying to maximize value here lol.

Nic’s post makes me think we should be safe with the 44 in crate for a while tho, since theyre saying it will be several months for the 3rd new character to come along after asohka.

Several months probably means ‘3 if we manage to keep up the pace, but let’s say several to do give us some wiggle room’. 3 months to unlock character A, then he moves to the second place when B appears, then 3 months later C appears, A says bye bye and B takes his spot as secondary character, and so on. So in this case, Razor will be remove from crates after next Conquest, when Cat will become the secondary character. So you won’t be missing 3 shards but 47 shards. No way to be absolutely sure though…
  • wilhud
    47 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

Several months probably means ‘3 if we manage to keep up the pace, but let’s say several to do give us some wiggle room’. 3 months to unlock character A, then he moves to the second place when B appears, then 3 months later C appears, A says bye bye and B takes his spot as secondary character, and so on. So in this case, Razor will be remove from crates after next Conquest, when Cat will become the secondary character. So you won’t be missing 3 shards but 47 shards. No way to be absolutely sure though…

Yeah, thats what i was thinking might happen. Would be so much better if they could delay it by one more conquest so that wouldnt be the case, but i think your calculations seem right. Otherwise thatd be a super easy farm for a ship and a character, each time they rotate. Would love for it to be true though.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

There are no indications that Razor will be removed next Conquest.
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Probably bad english from my part… when I said ‘after next conquest’, I meant we will still have Razor shards next conquest, but the one after that (august), maybe not. 2 scenarios: 1) nothing changes, 90 cat shards for the 4th time and 44 razor shards, 2) a new character hit the tables, Cat moves to second position (most likely less shards, maybe 45 to have a divided by 5 number) and Razor goes away.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Probably bad english from my part… when I said ‘after next conquest’, I meant we will still have Razor shards next conquest, but the one after that (august), maybe not. 2 scenarios: 1) nothing changes, 90 cat shards for the 4th time and 44 razor shards, 2) a new character hit the tables, Cat moves to second position (most likely less shards, maybe 45 to have a divided by 5 number) and Razor goes away.

From what he is saying. In the 4th conquest CAT will reduce to 44 shards.

They will both remain in that state until a new toon is introduced to the Conquest release system. Is my understanding from the information we see.
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

They will both remain in that state until a new toon is introduced to the Conquest release system. Is my understanding from the information we see.

From what’s written (posted by Nic in this post), the only way the amount awarded by prizebox is reduced is when a new unit appears in conquest (1. When we release a new unit…). They didn’t write anything about other changes until ‘2. Several months later a third new unit…’ . The explanation seemed pretty straightforward : Lots of shards for A, less for B, then a new unit becomes A, pushes the old A to B, and the old B leaves the prize box. Maybe I missed more recent informations though.
  • LynxVJ
    138 posts Member
    Options
    The RC shards went from 44 in first batch to 44 in second batch. So why would CAT go from 90 now to 44 in next batch?
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options

My understanding was that we will get a new toon after the next conquest, and CAT will be reduced to 44 shards and will take RC's current position, and RC will be moved out of End of Event prize box
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

From what’s written (posted by Nic in this post), the only way the amount awarded by prizebox is reduced is when a new unit appears in conquest (1. When we release a new unit…). They didn’t write anything about other changes until ‘2. Several months later a third new unit…’ . The explanation seemed pretty straightforward : Lots of shards for A, less for B, then a new unit becomes A, pushes the old A to B, and the old B leaves the prize box. Maybe I missed more recent informations though.

Imagine four characters on the edge of a cliff. Say a direct copy of the character nearest the cliff is sent to the back of the line of characters and takes the place of the first character. The formerly first character becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth falls off the cliff. Time works the same way.
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Imagine four characters on the edge of a cliff. Say a direct copy of the character nearest the cliff is sent to the back of the line of characters and takes the place of the first character. The formerly first character becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth falls off the cliff. Time works the same way.

Errrr… you lost me ^^

I think we’re on the same page, I’ll try:
    Alan has a seat in 1st class, Brian a seat in 2nd class. It stays that way until Charles enters the train, several months later. Charles takes Alan’s seat in 1st class. Alan takes Brian’s seat in 2nd class, Brian leaves the train.

1st class: lots of shards
    2nd class: reduced number of shards
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    LynxVJ wrote: »
    The RC shards went from 44 in first batch to 44 in second batch. So why would CAT go from 90 now to 44 in next batch?

Because since then they explained the new cadence (see nicwester’s post on this page).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

My understanding was that we will get a new toon after the next conquest, and CAT will be reduced to 44 shards and will take RC's current position, and RC will be moved out of End of Event prize box

I'm not confident we will see this roll out at that pace right now.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    LynxVJ wrote: »

Because since then they explained the new cadence (see nicwester’s post on this page).

This. RC is not really part of the outlined cadence, except for the fact that it will be booted out when a new character is added to that process.
  • TVF
    36597 posts Member
    Options

I don't know what this means but I love it anyway.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options

Why else would they reduce CAT shards to 44 after the next one?
  • TVF
    36597 posts Member
    Options

To make people that can't get them feel better maybe.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options

This. They could, because why not, but it’s not what was explained.
    There is a saying in France: ‘Only stupid people don’t change their minds.’ Maybe what was written was the initial plan, then they realized ‘so, if we can’t keep us the pace of a new character every 3 months, it will be a shard fest for some that will stay 4-5 months at 1st place and not the case for others later on ? I smell pitchforks.’ and then decide to rotate every 3 months no matter what, even if it means having no characters in the 1st class seat. I guess we’ll find out in about 2 weeks and maybe during an interview ^^
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

I don't know what this means but I love it anyway.

Look up Zybourne Clock when you have a moment to kill. It was a thing in the early innocent days of the internet.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

We can wait and see.
  • Options
    925 credits left what to do,

save credits for ahsoka (max shards at the moment all bought/max prize)

razor on 11/100 with option to buy 10 more (800 credits) proly first unlock in game but then there will be no buffer for ahsoka, would need extra conquest to unlock her...heh..
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    lordteri wrote: »
    925 credits left what to do,

Buy gear.
    Buy signal data.
    Buy mod slicing mats.

Lots of constructive things to do with that currency that don't involve bragging about it on a forum.
  • Options
    no bragging, i dont buy gear with conquest currency, hell i haven by any stimpack, medpack, whatever, dont know what to do, should i unlock ahsoka for kenobi or as u say brag with first razor on 7...still contemplating on that...
  • Konju
    1179 posts Member
    Options
    Ahsoka imo
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Options