Phoenix getting there; Empire, FO, Geo, or Ewoks next?

Gamera
14 posts Member
I'm about a month in and I've got my Phoenix Squad @ 4* to 6*, gear 6-7, what next? My goal is to have FUN, not necessarily rush to get a GL asap. I'd love to build a couple of strong teams that will make farming for gear and ships easier. Judging by the way things have been going, it seems like it will take a week to gear up a single toon to a higher gear tier (it seems ridiculous that a game would be designed to be so tedious). Should I farm Starck next and take the Palp+Thrawn Imperial route, or go with the Geos because of their ships? I'd rather build a Jedi team because that's what I like about the SW universe, but that may wind up making this game less fun in the long run. On the other hand I'm also considering doing Ewoks next so I can get C-3PO and because I always loved the little bears. But then again I can't even do Credit Heists because I don't meet the Scoundrel prereq's, and my Guild only does Heroic raids so I can't get in on those for A WHILE. Help!
My lineup: https://swgoh.gg/p/588673474/

Replies

• Check out my new player guide just a couple threads down the page. I am at level 59 on that account, so pretty close to where you are at and you can see the progress.

I would specifically recommend the following.
    1. Get at least 1 of your Phoenix members to 7* fast (suggest Chopper). This will let you join the heroic raids, even if you won't really be able to do anything, you can still get the rewards.
    2. Then take Kanan & Ezra to 7* and I'd probably put Hera at 6* for now. Zeb just leave at 6* for now and start saving all your green GW tokens. Do not spend them.
    3. FLEET: You need to start preparing for this now, and that means Geos (Soldier & Spy) getting them starred and geared up, and also start to farm the Vulture Droid. Those green GW tokens I mentioned to start saving, well once you hit level 60, ships will start to appear in the GW store and you will want to buy the Geo ships whenever you see them. This will be your fleet starting. You can use Tarkin & Executrix as your capital ship
    4. Jedi are a very solid team early and you can definitely start moving from PS to them. You will want Bastilla Shan so start getting her now. You can put Ezra, Kanan, Ahsoka and JKA with her for now.
    5. Phoenix will still be useful though in GW, and you will want to take them all to gear 8, as this will be what is needed to unlock the final tier of Thrawn (around level 80-82). But you shouldn't take them higher than g8 (except maybe Ezra).
    6. Empire is also another solid options with Palp, Vader, Thrawn + 2, but Jedi are probably a bit better earlier on until you get to where you can use zeta abilities (~level 82)

It's important to have fun, and as a newer player coming to a game that has been around 5+ years, there is a TON of content there and it can be overwhelming on where to start. It's a grind but things will start to open up more as you go.