Ultimate abilities

HershBathens
821 posts Member
edited June 2021
Are the tokens earned for ultimate abilities only for a specific GL or can they be used on any GL?

As an example, JML's ultimate ability is worthless, so I have saved those 10 tokens. Can those 10 tokens be applied to GLOK'S ultimate ability?

Replies

• They can be used on any GL. So far…
  • I wonder if they changed the token requirements on GLOK just to prevent token hoarding.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I wonder if they changed the token requirements on GLOK just to prevent token hoarding.

No, it was to spread out the battles. That was a side effect to the new setup.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yes ultimate tokens are not specific to any toon.
  • crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator
    You should be able to still use them (I hope), but you will still need to farm two from the Kenobi event.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    I wonder if they changed the token requirements on GLOK just to prevent token hoarding.

It totally has nothing to do with the fact that tons of people didn't use their JML Ultimate tokens. Nothing at all. They could not do 3-3-4 or something. Nope, just a side effect of spreading out battles.
  • th3evo wrote: »

It totally has nothing to do with the fact that tons of people didn't use their JML Ultimate tokens. Nothing at all. They could not do 3-3-4 or something. Nope, just a side effect of spreading out battles.
    Whilst I understand your cynicism, if they were genuinely bothered about it they’d have introduced a new type of ultimate mat.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    th3evo wrote: »

Whilst I understand your cynicism, if they were genuinely bothered about it they’d have introduced a new type of ultimate mat.

This.

Or they could have made it double, 2 makes almost no difference.
  • Granolo
    214 posts Member

You're not very good at math are you?

With the canges you need the same amount of battles and tickets. If they made it to be 3-3-4 you would actually need less battles and tickets with the new changes. I know math is hard but they explained it fool-proof on the post...
  • el_mago
    751 posts Member
    They can be used on any GL. So far…

Except for GLOK....who the heck is that? 😉
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Granolo wrote: »

You're not very good at math are you?

With the canges you need the same amount of battles and tickets. If they made it to be 3-3-4 you would actually need less battles and tickets with the new changes. I know math is hard but they explained it fool-proof on the post...

Math is easy.
    The number of attempts or ticket cost of battles does not matter. The only thing that matters is the total number of tickets needed.
    Less attempts needed is better because replaying the battles is boring. It's part of a reason why they changed it from 1-1-10. I'm sure a lot of GL owners would agree with me. I guess you are not one of them.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    The important thing that everyone is overlooking is that they still haven’t implemented a system where you won’t lose tickets for failing a battle or the game crashing. Since they continue the farm in a farm method with these tickets, the least they can do is not burn off tickets when the game crashes or a battle is dropped
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    As an example, JML's ultimate ability is worthless
    Lol

Also...
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    The important thing that everyone is overlooking is that they still haven’t implemented a system where you won’t lose tickets for failing a battle
    Why wouldn't you lose tickets when failing a battle (without it being a game crash)?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The important thing that everyone is overlooking is that they still haven’t implemented a system where you won’t lose tickets for failing a battle or the game crashing. Since they continue the farm in a farm method with these tickets, the least they can do is not burn off tickets when the game crashes or a battle is dropped

This did come up and we had a bit of a convo about it, but couldnt get enough traction to have it included in this change. Will have to wait and see how that pans out.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    As an example, JML's ultimate ability is worthless
    Lol

Also...
    The important thing that everyone is overlooking is that they still haven’t implemented a system where you won’t lose tickets for failing a battle
    Why wouldn't you lose tickets when failing a battle (without it being a game crash)?

Because that’s days worth of farming for bad RNG in a mystery event. The fact that we have to farm characters up as much as we do, then impose an additional ticket farm afterwards is bad enough. However punishing us with losing tickets from game crashes, buttons disappearing or bad RNG is just asinine. It’s a terrible design.

This did come up and we had a bit of a convo about it, but couldnt get enough traction to have it included in this change. Will have to wait and see how that pans out.

Lol, I’m not surprised. Why do something positive for the players? Let’s just make an already insanely difficult KAM mission harder instead with a UI update that doesn’t include anything the community has been asking for. Sounds good lmao
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Lol, I’m not surprised. Why do something positive for the players? Let’s just make an already insanely difficult KAM mission harder instead with a UI update that doesn’t include anything the community has been asking for. Sounds good lmao

The UI update was not supposed to make KAM harder and they said they will fix it. I hope this information brightens your day! B)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

The UI update was not supposed to make KAM harder and they said they will fix it. I hope this information brightens your day! B)

Where did they say that? Can't find it anywhere
    Officer in The Falcons Nest & The House Of Mortis, from the This Is The Way Alliance! Join our Recruitment Discord: https://discord.gg/555arHQzYF
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

They didn't say they will fix it. It has been flagged for further investigation but the initial response from CG was WAI.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TU24-Kam-Mission-Bug-Stand-Your-Ground-Doesnt-Recover-Protection/m-p/10436867

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

Intended or not, that doesn’t fix the issue from this last TB that cost lots of guilds several shards a piece, nor does it address that this UI update has zero QoL improvements that the community has been begging for
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    It’s sad that JML Ult is mediocre. (At best) . But we never know how that will fair against future GL’s.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member

They didn't say they will fix it. It has been flagged for further investigation but the initial response from CG was WAI.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TU24-Kam-Mission-Bug-Stand-Your-Ground-Doesnt-Recover-Protection/m-p/10436867

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/246282/known-issues-with-todays-title-update-06-16-2021#latest

I hope this update is helpful to you and improves your outlook today, friend.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member

Intended or not, that doesn’t fix the issue from this last TB that cost lots of guilds several shards a piece, nor does it address that this UI update has zero QoL improvements that the community has been begging for

I'm sorry my information was not helpful to your mood, maybe next time?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I wish more of my opponents knew that jml’s ult was so worthless, but I did get a chuckle out of the idea that CG is somehow reacting to some subset of players who have been hoarding ls ult mats for months hoping for another ls GL. Solid lulz itt
    Maybe End Game isn't for you