So beautiful

Prev1

Replies

• Congrats! I’m a day away myself.
  • LordDirt
    5001 posts Member
    Heard he isn't so great in arena. Guess he will do for LSGEO.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    LordDirt wrote: »

I mean we all heard/complained that SEE "wasn't so great in arena" on his release. From Ahnaldt's stream, his ult is a gamechanger, as is access to exclusive toons like KAM that many will be finally getting to 7* and relics over the next couple months as Kenobis unlock and earn their ults.
  • crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator

We don't really know yet. Ahnaldt insisted on running him with sub-optimal comps and was purposefully trying to avoid Ultimate. Also, I'm not sure he was taking full advantage of Mastery stacking mechanics either.

In any case, we also can't test CAT with him yet.
  • I’m sure once people gets used to his play style he’ll be exactly as good as the rest of the GLs. If not, CG will just tweak him to be so.
  • LordDirt
    5001 posts Member
    I guess arena will never have one strong team anymore. Was wondering if JMK could be the guy who brings it back.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Adamklark wrote: »
    he is actually great in arena, beats everything so far without ultimate..

so can JML. Some ppl were expecting grandiose things with GL Obi-Wan. I'm reserving judgment until I can fight one but there's ALOT of hype going around atm that's only building those expectations.

And imho a GL is not measured by how they do on offense. They are supposed to be amazing on offense regardless. Question is how they do on defense and from what I'm hearing, it's easy to cripple JMK when he's on defense.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Adamklark wrote: »

so can JML. Some ppl were expecting grandiose things with GL Obi-Wan. I'm reserving judgment until I can fight one but there's ALOT of hype going around atm that's only building those expectations.

And imho a GL is not measured by how they do on offense. They are supposed to be amazing on offense regardless. Question is how they do on defense and from what I'm hearing, it's easy to cripple JMK when he's on defense.

In the first few days/weeks we are always bombarded with statements about them being junk or OP. It means very little until things play out for a bit.

In this case it may take a little longer, until CAT comes on the scene.
  • Kyno wrote: »

In the first few days/weeks we are always bombarded with statements about them being junk or OP. It means very little until things play out for a bit.

In this case it may take a little longer, until CAT comes on the scene.

yeah I agree. I've heard he's really good with KAM. But no one in my shard has him yet and won't for at least a few days and the guy doesn't have KAM yet. The hype train is nuts though. Saw ppl saying he solo'd SEE and I was like "So can Rey and SLK".
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    CAT may add more with her unique giving bonuses to galactic Republic. We wont know the full extent of his power with out the bonuses she will bring.
  • Congrats! I'm hoping to unlock him around the end of the year. Relic 8 and 7* Wat are rough, but I can now buy Wat shards from shipments and my guild will be able to do the CRancor raid in the next few months.
  • LordDirt
    5001 posts Member

Got him to R7, which team minus KAM is best to try out then?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    I guess arena will never have one strong team anymore. Was wondering if JMK could be the guy who brings it back.

Why would you want that? Having multiple choices is awesome.
  • LordDirt
    5001 posts Member
    HandSolo93 wrote: »

Because arena is a mess but I guess CG and people like you enjoy it.
  • It’s not a mess if you have the right mods ;p

I like the diversity. No having the newest = best paradigm is better for the masses and would be detrimental for haphazard spending
  • LordDirt
    5001 posts Member
    You must have hated the first 4 years of this game then.
  • HandSolo93
    156 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    You must have hated the first 4 years of this game then.

It was indeed quite boring. I don’t miss the times when the entire top 50 were comprised of the exact same squad. Knowing I can chase a squad of my own choice and still be competitive is motivating.

Also, I’m not sure CG «enjoys» it that much. Diversity offsets the need to whale on every new toy that is released. The current meta is much more f2p-friendly, compared to being required to whale on every new meta that is released.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    It’s not a mess if you have the right mods ;p

I like the diversity. No having the newest = best paradigm is better for the masses and would be detrimental for haphazard spending

If you want to see where this leads, just look at the situation in fleet arena. It's not pretty. What we need is a balance between the two extremes - the new and shiny toy should give an edge, but not an unsurmountable one. JML and SEE did it quite well, I think.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member

Not having to climb from the 80s while risking getting hit by 6m GP 4-yo rosters with a single GL and no clue about payout times would make me super happy :)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

Not having to climb from the 80s while risking getting hit by 6m GP 4-yo rosters with a single GL and no clue about payout times would make me super happy :)

I can see that.

In my opinion however, it no longer is a game if the sole purpose is to buy an unbeatable squad to sit on the throne forever. The «risk» involved makes the game more interesting, and having to adapt to a shifting meta is for me more entertaining than paying $ 300 for a squad, then sleeping for 4 months.
  • LordDirt
    5001 posts Member
    I like sleep
  • Nauros wrote: »
    It’s not a mess if you have the right mods ;p

If you want to see where this leads, just look at the situation in fleet arena. It's not pretty. What we need is a balance between the two extremes - the new and shiny toy should give an edge, but not an unsurmountable one. JML and SEE did it quite well, I think.

I'd agree with that. diverse meta feels much less boring than it used to be.
  • This is the first meta where I have had two squads to switch between to climb arena, and I'm doing it without switching mods.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    There are people climbing Arena to earn crystals. Others climb to have fun and kill time. You can't always satisfy both factions.
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited June 2021

Which team comp do,you use against jkr jml or see ?
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

I can see that.

In my opinion however, it no longer is a game if the sole purpose is to buy an unbeatable squad to sit on the throne forever. The «risk» involved makes the game more interesting, and having to adapt to a shifting meta is for me more entertaining than paying $ 300 for a squad, then sleeping for 4 months.

There's more to the game than arena, friend. It's a necessary evil that pays the bills.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • EdSolo
    412 posts Member
    People have complained forever about metas. We are finally at a point where we are really at a rock, paper, scissors meta for arena. SLKR and Rey can beat each other. SLKR can beat SEE easily, which (I assume since I don't have him) beats JML easily, which beats SLKR easily. I find arena easier than it has ever been at this point. I switch between JML and SLKR teams depending on opponents. Rey has mostly sat on the shelf now. I just don't know whether to go after SEE or Kenobi next or wait for the next GL. I'm just gearing toons for both SEE and Kenobi and putting relics on the most used toons of the bunch until I see more Kenobi game play.