Lord Vader Tiltle

Durandal
109 posts Member
Thers not anything wrong here?!

"After the Galactic Republic fell, the galaxy was ruled by two Dark Lords—Galactic Emperor Darth Sidious and his apprentice, the fallen Jedi Darth Vader—during the era of the Galactic Empire." ( wookiepedia )

hy55ddhwwa6w.jpg

Replies

• What is supposedly wrong in this picture?
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Btw. I have the feeling a "Sith Lord" is not that high of a rank within the Galactic Empire governance structure. I remember in Episode IV Grandmoff Tarkin shouting at "Vader" without even using the Lord title and acted as if Vader is his Lieutenant. But maybe that's only for the original idea in "A New Hope". They clearly changed it in the later films.
  • Antario wrote: »
    Btw. I have the feeling a "Sith Lord" is not that high of a rank within the Galactic Empire governance structure. I remember in Episode IV Grandmoff Tarkin shouting at "Vader" without even using the Lord title and acted as if Vader is his Lieutenant. But maybe that's only for the original idea in "A New Hope". They clearly changed it in the later films.

It is
  • He should be called Lord Evader
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited June 2021
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    I believe in the prequels Sidious specifically refers to him as Lord Vader rather than Darth Vader until after the events on Mustafar... not 100% certain on that though.

But it would also be consistent with what I offhand remember about the titles and "culture" of the Sith in other various pre-Original trilogy media, so...
  • AntiHeld
    237 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Antario wrote: »

I assume a Sith Lord is no rank at all in the Galactic Empire. After all them being Sith Lords is no common knowledge. I just read "Tarkin" and it was described quite well, that it was not clear what rank or role Lord Vader occupied in the Empire in the beginning. A close associate of the emperor? His right hand? The executive hand sowing terror in the ranks of the enemies...
    The book was ofc. released after the film, but it fits into your second thought, that Tarkin is lacking the fearful respect, that they both have a long story together and know each other quite well. And they are both in the "inner circle" of the emperor. So of equal standing.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    AntiHeld wrote: »
    Antario wrote: »

I assume a Sith Lord is no rank at all in the Galactic Empire. After all them being Sith Lords is no common knowledge. I just read "Tarkin" and it was described quite well, that it was not clear what rank or role Lord Vader occupied in the Empire in the beginning. A close associate of the emperor? His right hand? The executive hand sowing terror in the ranks of the enemies...
    The book was ofc. released after the film, but it fits into your second thought, that Tarkin is lacking the fearful respect, that they both have a long story together and know each other quite well. And they are both in the "inner circle" of the emperor. So of equal standing.

Sure the whole concept of the Sith Cult was not fully developed when they started filming ANH. I even speculate that the emperor was originally not designed as a Sith Lord.That would explain why he is so absent in ANH. Vader was clearly the right hand of Tarkin in ANH, not even equal standing. All the details you are talking about were added much later.

• LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    What annoys me the more about ANH is how often Old Ben calls Darth Vader just Darth.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Artumas wrote: »
    I believe in the prequels Sidious specifically refers to him as Lord Vader rather than Darth Vader until after the events on Mustafar... not 100% certain on that though.

But it would also be consistent with what I offhand remember about the titles and "culture" of the Sith in other various pre-Original trilogy media, so...

Actually Sidious dubs him Darth Vader in the scene right after Mace gets shocked out the window.