Best (available) Scoundrels for Credit Heist?

Gamera
14 posts Member
OK, so I'm going to be faced with a severe credit shortage pretty soon so I'm in panic mode to get a scoundrel squad ready for the Credit Heist at even the lowest level. Already have STHan and Lando. Next closest to being unlocked are Clone Wars Chewie, Greedo, IG-11, and Greef.
Any advice on which would fare best in CH? Going to have to back-burner Phoenix and Empire farms for this.
Others I'm considering (for their synergies and ease of farming) are L3-37 and Kuiil or Qi'ra...?
I thank the community for their advice.
https://swgoh.gg/p/588673474

Replies

• IG 11 & Greef have uses outside of Credit Heist. I would prioritize them. Chewie is a terrible character. Although he can do some nice things on relic'd Padme teams, by the time you have those, you have even better characters to throw in a relic Padme team.

Greedo is flat out easy to farm & gear.

My recommendation is to take Greedo to 7* & g7, that should be quick & easy and relatively painless. Then it's all about IG 11 & Greef (assuming these are the options).

Other options include IG88, also easy to get and much easier to gear than IG11. Not nearly as good a toon, it's still useful enough to merit a farm at some point (for instance, you need it to get Han's Millennium Falcon), so if you're in a hurry to get Scoundrels that are "Just good enough for now" you can take IG88 to g8 or g9 without too much effort. Even g10 isn't much of a gear investment for IG88, and at g9 or g10 it won't be dead weight helping you qualify, it will do enough damage to make a positive contribution.
  • Intimmydation
    679 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Boba Fett also works and is easy to get through the Cantina store.
    On my alt account I am using Greef, Boba, Mando, STHan and Lando.....only geared the first 3 so far to complete the level 30 tier of CH, but will need to bring them all up a bit more for CH50 this next time around.

The first 3 can all be used in a BH team long term as well. Kuill and IG-11 would also be good as Seedy mentions, and have more use than STHan & Lando long term.
    Post edited by Intimmydation on
  • Gamera
    14 posts Member
    Awesome, thanks for the advice. Think I'm gonna hafta switch farms: Kanan to Greedo, Chopper to Boba. Greef is hard node only so that hopefully means I'll get some gear I need, too. But it's gonna delay my Palp and Thrawn goals. Oh well, need the credits! Thanks again
  • Gamera wrote: »
    Awesome, thanks for the advice. Think I'm gonna hafta switch farms: Kanan to Greedo, Chopper to Boba. Greef is hard node only so that hopefully means I'll get some gear I need, too. But it's gonna delay my Palp and Thrawn goals. Oh well, need the credits! Thanks again

I wouldn't do Greedo personally, as I don't see much use for him elsewhere. If you want a scoundrel from Squad store, go for Nute Gunray. You can use him with your Geos until you have all 5 of them, and he a great character for other parts of the game later.

Dengar is another option from Squad store, but is a rare drop. He will be needed down the road in the Chewbacca event (but will take a long time to farm).
  • I wouldn't do Greedo personally, as I don't see much use for him elsewhere. If you want a scoundrel from Squad store, go for Nute Gunray.

Intimmydation is right here. I try to stay within the parameters given by the person asking the question, but if we're going to go outside the original parameters, Greedo is currently worthless, Nute is currently average. The choice between then is clear.
  • Gamera
    14 posts Member
    Well, that IS enlightening. I wasn't too keen to farm Greedo anyway, and I don't want to spend weeks or months farming a toon that's not worth much in the long term (except thr PS I guess, haha). I'm not married to the idea of a Shard Store farm, since my experience farming Kanan suggests it is one of the slowest, but since Nute is more viable long term I'll just suck it up and do it.
    I guess my question was too narrow in scope. My intent was to ask more experienced players who they would include in a solid scoundrel squad of they were only at lvl 57 like me. Thanks!
  • crzydroid
    7233 posts Moderator
    Gamera wrote: »

I wouldn't do Greedo personally, as I don't see much use for him elsewhere. If you want a scoundrel from Squad store, go for Nute Gunray. You can use him with your Geos until you have all 5 of them, and he a great character for other parts of the game later.

Dengar is another option from Squad store, but is a rare drop. He will be needed down the road in the Chewbacca event (but will take a long time to farm).

Dengar is in Guild store.
  • crzydroid
    7233 posts Moderator
    Well, that IS enlightening. I wasn't too keen to farm Greedo anyway, and I don't want to spend weeks or months farming a toon that's not worth much in the long term (except thr PS I guess, haha). I'm not married to the idea of a Shard Store farm, since my experience farming Kanan suggests it is one of the slowest, but since Nute is more viable long term I'll just suck it up and do it.
    I guess my question was too narrow in scope. My intent was to ask more experienced players who they would include in a solid scoundrel squad of they were only at lvl 57 like me. Thanks!

There are actually a number of teams that would work, once you get the gear high enough. Back in the day, no joke, my first Credit Heist team included Mob Enforcer. If you are running Greef, IG-11, and Lando, the fifth shouldn't matter much (can keep Han).
  • Gamera wrote: »

Well my alt is level 61, and I am going Greef Mando Boba as the main 3, and have thrown in STHan and Lando for now. You don't need all 5 of them to be well geared, just enough to survive so you can 3* it, but those first 3 should be able to carry it (remember the 2 mandalorians will revive).

Other early options I would say are:
    • IG11 & Kuill - You have access to farm them both by now, and if paired together this is a great combo! Pre-taunt from IG, some nice healing and stuns from Kuill. Put them with those 3 above and should be easy
    • Nute as previously mentioned
    • Zaalbar - especially if you plan on going for JKR early
    • Cara Dune

But you can get by with a strong 1st three, then a couple fillers....though thinking about it I may farm IG-11 & Kuill, that is a great combo to use elsewhere too...just how to fit it in with the other hard nodes :(
  • Easy BH Farms that WILL be needed when you go for the Falcon at some point.

G-War Store = Cad Bane - Opens at 50 Shards
    Cantina Store = Boba Fett - Opens at 80 Shards
    Squad Store = IG-88 - Opens at 50 Shards

These 3 are IMHO, the most useful 2nd characters to get early on when your farming Phoenix as all you really need are for them to be open & basic gear levels.
    Eventually they will spread out into a 2nd DS Team when your at the Farming Bossk/Jango level.

Put them all under Lando, ST-Han, or Boba & the group should have no issues finishing CH.
  • PS. When it comes to gearing the CH group, G8 is about the most I would do.
    That said, Cad Bane & Lando are both required at Relic Levels if you ever go after the Kenobi or Luke GLs.
    So it won't be wasted gear Long Term if you give them more.
    Boba & IG would need more for the Chewie fight as well. (Mine are G11/12)
    I took ST-Han to G8 for CLS & CH events and never touched him again.
  • Gamera
    14 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »

For some reason, Dengar has not shown up in my guild store yet.
  • crzydroid
    7233 posts Moderator
    crzydroid wrote: »

For some reason, Dengar has not shown up in my guild store yet.

It's random. But again, if you don't want to wait on him for Heists, Greef is a good choice if you've already got him. Eventually both Greef and Dengar will be good for Chewie.
  • I think the most "efficient" set up for BH is the 4 needed for Falcon combined w/ Dengar for Chewie since he stops R2's invis.

Not the most powerful, but, most "efficient".

If you don't mind adding some extra gear & waiting a bit longer, you could skip Dengar & just use Jango who you will get from Farming Houndstooth.

Then again, Dengar is the only one of those 5 that throws Thermals so you loose out on some achievements.