Just a question

AhnaldisGOAT
561 posts Member
edited June 2021
I was in a squad arena battle, and my Jolee was stunned by the opposing team’s Bastila, preventing a party revive and leading to a loss. Jolee’s unique gives him +100% Tenacity and his base Tenacity is 43.79%, which would mean he would have 143.79% Tenacity, right?
Now correct me if I’m wrong, but according to the FAQ, the potency/tenacity chances are calculated by doing a Tenacity-Potency equation. Meaning, that opposing teams Bastila must have had a ridiculously high Potency, right?
That Bastilas potency was 17.8%. AFTER mods.
Does the +100% Tenacity in Jolee’s unique mean he has 143%, or does it mean that his Tenacity is doubled, leading to an 87.58%? If it is the latter, the wording of that ability is INCREDIBLY deceptive, seeing as Tenacity/Potency works on a percentage basis. Or am I missing something else?
The teams were:
Opposing: R3 zzzJKR, G11 zJolee, G11 zAshoka, G11 Bastila, G11 GMY.
Mine: G11 zzzJKR, G12 Jolee, G12 GMY, G11 Bastila, G11 Old Ben.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• AhnaldisGOAT
    561 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    And no, I did not think to record it, because I didn’t think a statistical impossiblity would happen.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Here's why:
    sdtw1om20nt4.png
    p28w70k7g7fe.png
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    If the other team had JKR in the leader slot, Bastila gets 70% potency (her unique "Force Bond).

She also gets 50% potency from her other unique, Legendary Battle Meditation (which I really want to abbreviate to Legendary BM, but I won't, because that would be childish) - even if JKR is not the lead. If he is that's also added.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Bastila never gains LBM, but your points still stand. Thanks.
  • Bastila never gains LBM, but your points still stand. Thanks.

Umm she grants it to her self at the start of each of her turns, does she not?
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    Bastila never gains LBM, but your points still stand. Thanks.

No, but she grants it to everyone else in the squad.

• Xcien wrote: »

You are correct, don’t read abilities at the pub.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Xcien wrote: »

You are correct, don’t read abilities at the pub.

Good idea.

• Straegen
    194 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    The percentages reduce the chance in some cases significantly but in these cases there is always a possibility. Unless an ability prevents a stun, no matter how high you get that Tenacity it can never reduce it to a zero percent chance.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Straegen wrote: »
    The percentages reduce the chance in some cases significantly but in these cases there is always a possibility. Unless an ability prevents a stun, no matter how high you get that Tenacity it can never reduce it to a zero percent chance.

That's kind of backwards. High enough tenacity WILL prevent a stun if it can be resisted. Tenacity Up, for example will always block it. You just need Tenacity 100% or more greater than Potency.

On the other hand, the 15% base resist chance means that unless a stun can't be resisted and the target isn't immune, you can never have more than an 85% chance of landing the stun even with Tenacity Down and Potency through the roof.
  • Straegen
    194 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Straegen wrote: »

That's kind of backwards. High enough tenacity WILL prevent a stun if it can be resisted. Tenacity Up, for example will always block it. You just need Tenacity 100% or more greater than Potency.

On the other hand, the 15% base resist chance means that unless a stun can't be resisted and the target isn't immune, you can never have more than an 85% chance of landing the stun even with Tenacity Down and Potency through the roof.
    My understanding is that tenacity lives between 15% and 99.99% not including immunities and unresistable abilities. Much like crits I thought it was never possible to completely remove the possibility even if it is extremely remote again barring guarantees.