Fleet. GK vs GK! A senseless random.

Mirlighter
46 posts Member
edited June 2021
Hello everyone. We all play the game, and it belongs to the genre of strategy, where the outcome of the battle should depend on the player.

But most of all, the battles in the GK vs GK fleet, with mirrored compositions, are saddening in the game. Where the whole outcome of the battle depends on the randomness. Which is very sad. Since if the player went first, then everything is 100%, victory, you don't even have to think too much. If the opponent went first, then all 90% of the defeat. This is a terrible indicator of the imbalance in the game, and the lack of a strategic component).
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    You can manipulate opening turn order with your choice of starting lineup, target selection and abilities used.
  • Simple solution: don’t fight mirrors. Use Malevolence v Negotiator and vice versa. That strategic enough?
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    You can manipulate opening turn order with your choice of starting lineup, target selection and abilities used.

No, if the enemy went first, with mirror compositions. There are options that are at the beginning of your turn. JMK is already dead. Which gives 99% defeat.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Why don't you use a counter that gives an almost 100% chance to win instead? You know..... Strategy.
  • Mirlighter
    46 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Simple solution: don’t fight mirrors. Use Malevolence v Negotiator and vice versa. That strategic enough?

There are trains that Malevolence cannot pass by a detachment of separatists.

For example JMK, BTL, Asoka.Very small chance of winning.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Why don't you use a counter that gives an almost 100% chance to win instead? You know..... Strategy.

With the correct composition of the enemy, there is no such thing.
  • Mirlighter wrote: »
    Simple solution: don’t fight mirrors. Use Malevolence v Negotiator and vice versa. That strategic enough?

Just to clarify, when you say JMK, you mean JKA right?because JMK doesnt have a ship.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Darth_Viel wrote: »
    Mirlighter wrote: »

Just to clarify, when you say JMK, you mean JKA right?because JMK doesnt have a ship.

Yet
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

No, if the enemy went first, with mirror compositions. There are options that are at the beginning of your turn. JMK is already dead. Which gives 99% defeat.
    If you have even one fighter that can go first then yes, you can manipulate the turn order and there are multiple fighters which can out-speed both Negotiator and Anakin's Eta-2. I do it every day for my fleet arena climb.

Or as DarjeloSalas and others have noted you can avoid the mirror. A 5-star Malevolence can beat a 7-star Negotiator if you have your fighters powered up and you know what you are doing. Some Negotiator lineups are more difficult / risky but all are beatable.
  • crzydroid
    7286 posts Moderator
    Also not true. I can win mirrors even if they go first.
  • Padawan
    26 posts Member
    I manage to get first positions with a 6* Neg., and R3 GK, against 7* Neg. with R8 GKs.

It’s hard, and its not a guaranteed win. But if you get your Fives special in the right time, getting JKA down, it’s game over.
  • No, if the enemy went first, with mirror compositions. There are options that are at the beginning of your turn. JMK is already dead. Which gives 99% defeat.

Again, this is why the only reasonable acronym for the new version of Kenobi is GLOW.

• I will agree with OP that fleet arena is more RNG dependent than squad arena.

However, in my opinion, it is primarily due to the reduced variables available - both in the lack of mods meaning that many matchups are ‘coin flips’ due to identical statistics, and that there are far fewer overall choices available.

But, as several others have already pointed out, either changing out a ship or two to change turn order, or completely changing the fleet can remove a great deal of the randomness.

Also, even in close or true mirror matches, I find that much more than which ship goes first, the battles outcome hinges much more on crucial debuffs landing in the first few turns - I’ve always felt that Ships 2.0 was far too ‘swingy’ with only 3 ships in the starting line up...

Maybe things will get better if we see a major expansion (that may or may not have been teased with Crumb’s statement of a ‘shipload of new content’) soon...
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    You can win Negotiator mirror matches consistently. You can even win R7 vs R8 consistently, where enemy negotiator always goes first.

Just use Youtube and type "SWGOH Negotiator mirror" and you'll get the answer how...

Hard disagree. I see all sorts of Negotiator compositions on my shard, including that one, and defeats are extremely rare.

Good strategy takes away the RNG you’re complaining about.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

With the correct composition of the enemy, there is no such thing.

There's your problem, then. Lack of knowledge about proper counters.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

This should lead you down the path towards the fact that mirror matches have a lower win ratio and you should adjust your strategy to avoid those.

I run Malevolence exclusively in fleet arena and win 99% of the time against any Negotiator fleet, including that one. Even if Negotiator goes first, even if my Vulture dies in the first round. Only way I lose is if, for some reason, buzz droids don’t stick on Anakin’s ship. And even then, I can work around it.

A complaint of there being no strategy isn’t valid when you don’t know and aren’t exercising the winning strategy.
  • Not true. I’ve been beating 7* R8 with my 6* R5. I posted a sample video:

https://youtu.be/dtgDEYThdSY

It’s a matter of choosing the right mirror match, the ships you use and when, and who to attack with what ability. It’s not that complicated.
  • No, if the enemy went first, with mirror compositions. There are options that are at the beginning of your turn. JMK is already dead. Which gives 99% defeat.

Again, this is why the only reasonable acronym for the new version of Kenobi is GLOW.

Except it's JMK
    No other unit has their unit type in their acronym
  • Just use a non-negotiator fleet.
    3v3 FTW
  • I’ve used exclusively Malevolence in arena and can easily get first every day. I win about 90% of the time and only lose if buzz droids don’t stick on Anakin or if I get really bad RNG. I could even take first when most of my ships where 5* and most characters including GG where at g11 (and sun fac g12). If I try to do Malevolence mirror matches though I usually lose unless I get lucky so I feel your pain. Luckily there are only 2 other malevolence fleets in the top of my shard so I can easily avoid that. It’s all about using the right fleet at the right time
  • Just use a non-negotiator fleet.

I'm sorry, that's non-negotiable.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Just use a non-negotiator fleet.

I'm sorry, that's non-negotiable.

Lol this made my day, which was already nearly perfect. Thank you!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    Welcome to the poe droid meta.
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member

You are doing it wrong than.